Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did they rework Rogue sometime or did I just never use her again after getting level 9? Gambit went down in like 2 shots in the heroic battle, but Rogue took out the Prime Sentinels pretty easily by herself. She seemed pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Codependent Poster posted:

Did they rework Rogue sometime or did I just never use her again after getting level 9? Gambit went down in like 2 shots in the heroic battle, but Rogue took out the Prime Sentinels pretty easily by herself. She seemed pretty decent.

They reordered her abilities to give her the class ability steal earlier, but that's it as far as I recall.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
And so, as we come to a close, let us remember that Bruiser Blackheart was a bitch to fight right up until the end.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

And so, as we come to a close, let us remember that Bruiser Blackheart was a bitch to fight right up until the end.

That guy who mentioned shellshocked working on Blackheart wasn't kidding. 15% of his health each time it triggered, which was usually twice in a round because of his two turns.

Stackable too.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I have Iron Man to level 8, and my Agent is L35 right now.

Why does Iron Man do so little damage? It seems like he should be doing a hell of a lot more.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

That guy who mentioned shellshocked working on Blackheart wasn't kidding. 15% of his health each time it triggered, which was usually twice in a round because of his two turns.

Stackable too.

Yeah, that weapon is pretty nice. I was looking for an all enemy attack weapon and this is very good.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I have Iron Man to level 8, and my Agent is L35 right now.

Why does Iron Man do so little damage? It seems like he should be doing a hell of a lot more.

Trust me, Unibeam increases his damage by a ton. Once you get him to level 9 he'll be able to tear through single targets like that as long as his stamina holds out. Or at least his damage increases by a ton, I'm not really an expert.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

"Shell Schocked" knocks 30K damage off Blackheart.

I'm averaging 42-45K each stack. Hello, 200,00 bonus silver per fight.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well I dipped pretty heavily into my stash of 1400 small energies, but I finished up the chapter and got the Iron Fist costumes. Then I promptly socketed 8 isos into his Bruiser when I mean to do it in his Scrapper. :( Oh well.

Now on to farm this amazing weapon in 2.1.2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What weapon is doing shellshocked?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pro-tip: Don't let M.O.D.O.K. count down to midnight in 2.1.6 holy poo poo

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

twistedmentat posted:

What weapon is doing shellshocked?
http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Lewis_Automatic_Machine_Gun

From Mystique in 2.1.2. The custom one is AE :getin:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nice!

Jesus Christ, this spec ops was tedious. Not the tasks, but just the combats were stupidly annoying. Blackheart was just unfun to go up against.

Hah, I MC'd Taskmaster so he's killing Mordo and Blackheart for me.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 5, 2013

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, definitely go for the custom one. I didn't even know the difference but I was running through the challenge mode to get that part done and got that weapon. Two round duration, too. And it doesn't go away after the first one is used.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm of two minds: I'd like to farm for the Shellshocked gun, but there's no way the thing doesn't get nerfed into obsolescence as soon as I get it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
For what it's worth, that gun's easily most OP use is against Blackheart, and the Spec Ops expires in like an hour. They'll probably tone it down in time for the next PvP season, whenever that starts.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
It's damage is % based, using it on other things besides Blackheart does about the same as Mental Anguish. Doesn't seem too over powered.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grem posted:

It's damage is % based, using it on other things besides Blackheart does about the same as Mental Anguish. Doesn't seem too over powered.

It has a two round duration, fires off on counters, and can't be removed by resting, and it apparently stacks.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Trust me, Unibeam increases his damage by a ton. Once you get him to level 9 he'll be able to tear through single targets like that as long as his stamina holds out. Or at least his damage increases by a ton, I'm not really an expert.
The mental image of a SHIELD agent feeding Iron Man shawarma so he can blast bad guys all day is kind of appropriate.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm a little confused about challange mode; the custom weapon is in the roulette for the boss, but there is also a progress bar that leads to it as well, so does that mean I have a chance of getting it just by beating the boss, but if i do challenge mode enough times, i'll just get it?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm a little confused about challange mode; the custom weapon is in the roulette for the boss, but there is also a progress bar that leads to it as well, so does that mean I have a chance of getting it just by beating the boss, but if i do challenge mode enough times, i'll just get it?

You know how in Season 1 you'd get a golden weapon in you 5-starred every mission in a set? Do all six missions in Challenge Mode and you get one for Season 2. It's completely separate from getting the improved boss drops from the roulette.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Was the gift limit always 25, or did it used to be 50?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

JohnnyCanuck posted:

As far as I know it's still 50, I got 50 gifts today.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurks With Wolves posted:

You know how in Season 1 you'd get a golden weapon in you 5-starred every mission in a set? Do all six missions in Challenge Mode and you get one for Season 2. It's completely separate from getting the improved boss drops from the roulette.

Oh okay, the icons just look the same in both. That's a lot easier than 5 starring everything though.

I really hate this "send gifts to random people around the world!" thing, because It means I'm not sending gifts to you guys. I have to look before I hit accept, so some non-goon gets a lost page.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

JohnnyCanuck posted:

It was reduced to 25 during spec ops 9 or 10 because the server exploded, but it has been back 50 since then.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I was only able to collect 25 gifts today, but I still had a mess of unstable ISO gifts, so that might have caused weirdness.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Any tips for the Nightcrawler heroic battle? I already have to buy a few more heroes, I don't want to have to waste my CP on his scrapper suit

e:Well, nevermind. I swapped around some ISO to boost his attack and that solved it.

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 5, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I got the Restored Lewis Automatic Machine Gun earlier today; any other weapons people think are worthwhile to go for in Season 2? Now that the SpecOps is done and I don't have the epic boss item to try to go for, and all my characters are leveled up, I'm not sure if there's anything I should be doing while I wait for the next SpecOps.

Edit: I hadn't realized before, but Daimon is practically invincible when he has both burning and soulfire. Burning gives him a low damage counter attack, and soulfire heals him when he attacks, so he heals himself after every attack. He even gets the counter when stunned.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 5, 2013

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Since Spec Ops and a new chapter came out last, I fear PvP is the next thing due out, and we won't get another spec ops for a couple weeks. So loving boring.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Grem posted:

Since Spec Ops and a new chapter came out last, I fear PvP is the next thing due out, and we won't get another spec ops for a couple weeks. So loving boring.
Every pvp season I start off excited to try out team builds and agent items, and every time it dissolves into a seething hatred of Playdom for making pvp nothing but a lovely spendtard convention. Also every season has a horribly imbalanced hero (ahem, Phoenix) who ruins nearly every fight once you get up to your max rating.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sefer posted:

I got the Restored Lewis Automatic Machine Gun earlier today; any other weapons people think are worthwhile to go for in Season 2? Now that the SpecOps is done and I don't have the epic boss item to try to go for, and all my characters are leveled up, I'm not sure if there's anything I should be doing while I wait for the next SpecOps.

I'm gonna try for the Barber's Razor. Being able to kill someone guaranteed without resurrection effects is very useful.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrinxx posted:

Every pvp season I start off excited to try out team builds and agent items, and every time it dissolves into a seething hatred of Playdom for making pvp nothing but a lovely spendtard convention. Also every season has a horribly imbalanced hero (ahem, Phoenix) who ruins nearly every fight once you get up to your max rating.

No one is more broken that loving Omega. Oh hey, I get two turns in a row, and two of your characters are dead, even if they don't have sheilds for her to exploit. The AI managers her so well, so she can have every single one of her bonuses from each class is active on her at the same time.

EDIT: Whats the strat with the MODOK fight? Once I get him down to about 50% he alternates between healing himself and using his mental anguish beam.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 7, 2013

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I just put on a Tac Trench, brought whichever Tactician I'm training up at the moment (Constrictor) and focused attacks on him. Nothing fancy and he went down easy enough. If it gets hard use some of those less frequent items like Chrono Boosts to give yourself extra turns to heal or attack or do whatever.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

No one is more broken that loving Omega. Oh hey, I get two turns in a row, and two of your characters are dead, even if they don't have sheilds for her to exploit. The AI managers her so well, so she can have every single one of her bonuses from each class is active on her at the same time.

EDIT: Whats the strat with the MODOK fight? Once I get him down to about 50% he alternates between healing himself and using his mental anguish beam.

If you're talking about the epic fight (as opposed to Spider Woman's heroic battle), I'm pretty sure I just used Havok and Thor. Havok can kill most anything in one hit when he self buffs and get an attack buff from Thor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sefer posted:

If you're talking about the epic fight (as opposed to Spider Woman's heroic battle), I'm pretty sure I just used Havok and Thor. Havok can kill most anything in one hit when he self buffs and get an attack buff from Thor.

The Heroic fight is what I meant, but i looked back in the thread and its just don't use vengeance.

Incursions initially were not too bad, but now I'm coming up against teams that are counters to counters, and pro built teams. I love getting hit with pvp levels of damage with pve HP.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jetfire posted:

Anyone have advice on what the hell to do with the Chapter 6 Cable & Deadpool Heroic Battle?

I eventually resorted to replacing all of Deadpool's ISO8 with lovely low powered ISO chips to give Cable the advantage over him.
It worked. :shrug:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Are Captain Britain and Hercules still the best out-of-the-box Bruisers? I need a Bruiser that isn't She-Hulk, and I've already got Union Jack...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Are Captain Britain and Hercules still the best out-of-the-box Bruisers? I need a Bruiser that isn't She-Hulk, and I've already got Union Jack...

Yeah, Captain Britain is probably the best buyable bruiser without getting into costumes. He used to show up in PVP a lot, but I saw Juggernaut much more since he came out. I don't know if you're at all close to having enough covers for Juggernaut, though; if you were playing during the PVP tournament he came out during, you should have an email with a link for 5 Unstoppable lockboxes that refreshes every 2 weeks that should get you there eventually.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
So now I've got a guy who gets stronger every time I kill an enemy, and a guy who can preempt every enemy attack with a bullet to the face. Rule Brittania!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I eventually resorted to replacing all of Deadpool's ISO8 with lovely low powered ISO chips to give Cable the advantage over him.
It worked. :shrug:

I didn't have any problem with that fight, but I've only done it once. Because Deadpool also defended Cable from attacks in my run.

• Locked thread