Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

SC/Ele from 1.3.

This. Hell of a rotation to learn, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Beefheart posted:

My apologies if this has already been asked to death, but is it possible to buy the Storm Legion + Base Game combo pack anywhere for a decent price? I can't figure out through Rift's website how or what I can buy to access the Storm Legion classes and content at all, so I figure a boxed copy is the way to go. Any info on this poo poo would be appreciated.

You don't need both of them. mmoga.com has the SL + infinity pack for $40, which gets you more character and bag slots, the SL souls, and an account-wide mount and portal generator. They'll email you a code that you put in when you login to your account on Trion's site.

You might be able to pay $24 for the SL expansion alone, which would skip the mount and portal generator. If you don't have an account-wide mount upgrade of some sort, you'd have to buy one for each character. You'll still have to buy a faster mount for each character if you want more than +60% mount speed, though.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Bonapartisan posted:

I know its Reddit, but this has a good thread going on where to get a physical copy or code for Storm Legion, so I thought it might be helpful for some of you that want it but don't have it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comments/1jnres/rift_storm_legion_where_can_i_get_one/

This is also important to note, from here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/newcomers/371250-storm-legion-includes-rift-base-game-f2p-benefits.html
It's 7000, in case anyone cares.

Karpa
Jan 2, 2009
In-game as Kwack on Deepwood.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Since nobody answered it directly, you buy the Storm Legion souls through the in-game Rift Store, under Services on the left. They'll cost you around the equivalent of $15 or $20 worth of Credits, which you can also buy straight through the Rift Store with your credit card.

If not buying the boxed edition, anyway.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Black Pants posted:

Since nobody answered it directly

That's because it's really not a very good idea to do it piecemeal like that. The bag slots you get from buying the $24 expansion would cost around $10 in credits per character.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Hey goons,

I have all the mats for the Rogue DPS endgame raid augments and crafted gear (from page 50). Please mail me in-game (Sindrei) or holler out here if you can craft for me. Thanks!

[Edit: have the augments, seal, bow and headgear]

admiral.baby fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 5, 2013

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Hello Sailor posted:

That's because it's really not a very good idea to do it piecemeal like that. The bag slots you get from buying the $24 expansion would cost around $10 in credits per character.

I guess I hadn't updated what I knew based on what F2P people start with vs what I came back to after buying CE at release. Sorry about that, but noted.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

If we get enough interested people, I'll do a 2/4 / 2/5 FT/EE tonight (around 2-4PM server). My Rogue can tank/support/dps so we need another tank and a couple heals/support.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I still have a copy of the full game + SL on steam if someone wants to throw me a few bucks for it.

Latroc
Mar 22, 2004
Repent!

deimos posted:

I still have a copy of the full game + SL on steam if someone wants to throw me a few bucks for it.

I'm interested. Do you know how that works now that it doesn't appear to be on Steam any longer? I've been wanting to get my wife's account upgraded so she has more than 3 bag slots. Is it just a couple of game keys to apply to an account?

Hit me up in a PM or reply here or in game, I'll be on my rogue, Anza.

Latroc fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 5, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Latroc posted:

I'm interested. Do you know how that works now that it doesn't appear to be on Steam any longer? I've been wanting to get my wife's account upgraded so she has more than 3 bag slots. Is it just a couple of game keys to apply to an account?

Hit me up in a PM or reply here or in game, I'll be on my rogue, Anza.

You get key codes you can apply. They took it off steam because of the F2P store: it's not integrated with Steam wallet.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

admiral.baby posted:

Hey goons,

I have all the mats for the Rogue DPS endgame raid augments and crafted gear (from page 50). Please mail me in-game (Sindrei) or holler out here if you can craft for me. Thanks!

[Edit: have the augments and headgear]

If you send Vandee the mats I can make you the Dexterity seal, and if you tell me what equipment slots you need runes for I can probably hook you up.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Hey, my friend just pulled me into this game and now I'm looking for some good levelling builds for newbies, all the classes because we can't decide. Any kind soul that could point me the right way?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

az posted:

Hey, my friend just pulled me into this game and now I'm looking for some good levelling builds for newbies, all the classes because we can't decide. Any kind soul that could point me the right way?

Mage: my post here!

Cleric: Energizer is good among many options

Rogue: Not sure sub 50. Others can answer that, i loved Nightblade heavy builds from 50-60, but before that I think people run tactician or ranger specs.

Warrior: This is good if you like being tanky If not, This is more standard of a build

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Rogue: Not sure sub 50. Others can answer that, i loved Nightblade heavy builds from 50-60, but before that I think people run tactician or ranger specs.

Anything with four points of tact in it for Curative Engine, or full tact, really.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

admiral.baby posted:

Hey goons,

[Edit: have the augments, seal, bow and headgear]

Ok, I just need the furious rhenium cape and the furious truehide belt. Give me a shout or mail in game if you can make 'em. Thanks to all who've helped so far.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

az posted:

What do you want to do end-game? Right now each class has pretty much one or two things depending on how granular you get that it cannot do in end-game raids. If you get even more granular there are also issues with competitive output at different roles but that is rarely an issue for Goon Raiding.

Until the next major soul release patch, Warriors and Rogues can't be dedicated healers, Clerics don't have a great group buff soul, and Mages can't tank. All of these things have changes pending on PTS.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Patch won't be out until 2014 btw.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Mage: my post here!

Cleric: Energizer is good among many options

Warrior: This is good if you like being tanky If not, This is more standard of a build

Thanks for that. I tried to respec and found out I needed a class trainer for that. Now I wonder, you can have multiple specs saved up and change them at will right? How excactly do you do that, cause I only see a field to name my spec but I can't seem to be able to save/load any :confused: Sorry for stupid newbying

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

I didn't see too many Rogue guides, so I just grabbed the Marksman/Ranger premade. It's been great so far. I even made a Riftstalker/Bard tank build for dungeons, which I've enjoyed a bunch, but does not have a lot of AOE before ~30.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

az posted:

Thanks for that. I tried to respec and found out I needed a class trainer for that. Now I wonder, you can have multiple specs saved up and change them at will right? How excactly do you do that, cause I only see a field to name my spec but I can't seem to be able to save/load any :confused: Sorry for stupid newbying

You have to buy the extra specs, you don't get them free.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Some new PTS stuff for Warriors:

Ailion posted:

Tempest

Double Pulse: No longer has a cooldown.

Quick Recharge: Now reduces the cooldown of Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent and Storm Torrent by 2.5/5s.

Grounded: Now refunctioned to increase the damage of all ranged attacks by 5-15%.

Riftblade

Enhanced Burst: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 10/20% for 6s instead of non-Physical attacks.

Rift Strike: Now increases the Warrior’s non Physical damage by 20%, down from 25%.

Planar Blade: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 15%, up from 5%.

Beastmaster

Vicious Opportunity: Fixed a bug where Vicious Opportunity is tagged incorrectly as a Builder. It will no longer benefit from any damage bonuses to Builders and should no longer activate the Paragon’s Follow Up attacks.

Paragon

Flurry: Can now be used from a 20m range. Now tagged as a ranged attack.

Warlord

Eye of the Storm: Function has been changed. Now snares a single enemy for 10s. 10s cooldown. Off GCD.

Breaking Blow: No longer generates additional threat.

Some interesting changes...the two top Tempest changes actually do nothing, since Double Pulse can only follow Charged Pulse, and Charge Pulse's cooldown is still 15 seconds. The change to Quick Recharge drops Lightning Torrent from a 30s CD to a 25s CD, but that's not a DPS increase since you're only using it every 30s or so in the normal rotation since your whole damage rotation is based on the CD of Arc/Charged Pulse. Grounded change is pretty neat, no more having to stand still to do your max DPS.

The Riftblade change is kinda bleh, it's pretty much a straight up nerf to Shock Pulse use, which was one of the nicer features of Riftblade and its ability to deal with disconnects.

The Paragon Flurry change may be ok I guess, since before your only disconnect thing was spamming Shock Pulse and Skyfall for babby damage, although I do not think Flurry hits for much more than that, I'll have to take a gander when I log on tonight.

The lack of changes to the Warlord/Beastmaster sillyspec is nice to see, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just stealth nerf it somewhere in the future.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

az posted:

You will have role slots, and each of those role slots is a spec. You can change between them when out of combat at anytime, and each one is a mixture of 3 souls. I think the game gives you a 2nd one free and then you buy more from the trainer. You should be able to get up to 3-4 of them pretty cheap. On the way to level 60 you should probably have one you use for questing, maybe one you use for IA's, maybe a pvp one, it's all up to you and what you want to do. If you click on the roles button in the soul window, it is a dropdown box to select between them. There is also a Roles add on that gives you a nice dropdown menu on the main UI.

az
Dec 2, 2005

^^
Thanks for your mage guild. What can you use instead of Harbinger for those who don't have the addon?

Zoness posted:

What do you want to do end-game? Right now each class has pretty much one or two things depending on how granular you get that it cannot do in end-game raids. If you get even more granular there are also issues with competitive output at different roles but that is rarely an issue for Goon Raiding.

Until the next major soul release patch, Warriors and Rogues can't be dedicated healers, Clerics don't have a great group buff soul, and Mages can't tank. All of these things have changes pending on PTS.

No real plans, we made a warrior and rogue combo first up, going to do mostly question and running dungeons I think.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

az posted:

Roles (sets of 3 souls) used to be all displayed as buttons in the "N" (soul tree) window.

Now, it's a drop down list! Click the roles button in N window.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

az posted:

^^
Thanks for your mage guild. What can you use instead of Harbinger for those who don't have the addon?

Ehh, it's hard to say because things have changed so much since we leveled up. Necro just got a huge boost so necro could be good. Elementalist also gives you a tanking pet. 8 points into chloro is a good subsoul to give you an instant bloom heal along with the lifegiving veil buff for some passive healing. pyromancer is great for pvp, IA's, and questing if you go single target.

Spasticon
Aug 4, 2013

Nubsauce
Character: Pikabeaux

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

The enhanced burst change is pretty squarely aimed at shock pulse use in pvp, but that's fine, because the problem has always been the synergy crystal adding 400 valor-ignoring damage to every single damage source, even the procs. In triple-crit edge cases, my shock pulse/ele touch/storm blade builders can do a combined 5k+ damage in warfronts - and that's not even a finisher. The snare is loving great and champion might actually be playable now. I just got on pts to make sure and yep, it's still 8 points in with 20 meter range. Hope they kick these changes out this week!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

az posted:

No real plans, we made a warrior and rogue combo first up, going to do mostly question and running dungeons I think.

Given that the game currently doesn't let warriors or rogues heal, you may want to pick up a blue bar if your goal is to have a tank and healer between the two of you.

Pubbie Healers aren't usually that bad but I'm also a horrible jaded person, and chloro can be a little tough to pick up at first, to be quite honest.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

anthonypants posted:

I didn't see too many Rogue guides, so I just grabbed the Marksman/Ranger premade. It's been great so far. I even made a Riftstalker/Bard tank build for dungeons, which I've enjoyed a bunch, but does not have a lot of AOE before ~30.

There are pretty good rogue guides on the official forums (http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/class-guides/rogue-guides/), but here are a couple that I like:

Ranged: 61 marksman / 10 assassin / 5 nightblade

Melee: 42 nightblade / 34 riftstalker / 0 marksman

Stealther: 61 assassin / 10 nightblade / 0 saboteur

Tank: 61 riftstalker / 8 ranger / 7 bard

YorkshireHart
Aug 4, 2013

Character = Strawberrydeathcake

fungi^2
Oct 2, 2004

people say i'm a fun guy
I never got in on Rift, but it looks like fun and was thinking about giving it a go. Is the goon community still active?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

fungi^2 posted:

I never got in on Rift, but it looks like fun and was thinking about giving it a go. Is the goon community still active?

There are 40 people in guild right now for raid night. It's pretty active.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

fungi^2 posted:

It's had hard times but F2P definitely made goon raiding a big thing that's for sure.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

anthonypants posted:

I switched my low 20s ranger/marksman over to a "mostly tactician" role a couple days ago and it's been awesome. They're AoE gods.

"An add? gently caress, I have to press a button again."

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

It's had hard times but F2P definitely made goon raiding a big thing that's for sure.

What a depressing half a year that was. The same ~12 people showing up every raid night, hoping for change.

In reality most of them were raiding with other guilds, so it worked out? The wait was worth it, too: this raid group is much better than our previous one IMO (farming Crucia with half a new raid after, what, 2 weeks?)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

In reality most of them were raiding with other guilds, so it worked out?

Once we realised 4 or 5 of us were carrying their raids it became depressing again, thankfully Trion liberated us by splitting the shards.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

deimos posted:

Once we realised 4 or 5 of us were carrying their raids it became depressing again, thankfully Trion liberated us by splitting the shards.

We don't get off that easy, we went to Three Springs partly to raid with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Oraculum Animi posted:

We don't get off that easy, we went to Three Springs partly to raid with them.

After much debate... I think we almost didn't?

• Locked thread