Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Saturday morning but I put a Rat Fink sticker on my home made air cleaner.

Then the belt broke the next morning on the way back from kasteins house. Luckily I knew the belt was bad so I had an extra one but I forgot the right tools. All I had was a 11/16 and some duckbill pliers and I got lucky again when I could force the belt on without tools. It and wasn't tight and chirped loudly all the way home but the generator light stayed off and it didn't overheat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Astonishing Wang posted:

I scraped my tow hitch :(

Are those cragar soft 8s? Its silly, but I want those for my mustang. Everyone either has bullitts or cobra wheels.

Cage fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2013

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Replaced both wheel cylinders and shoes. There was so much poo poo in there that I thought the axle seals were leaking, but they seem to be ok. I'll check later this week to be sure. At least it's a 9" so they're easy to change.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
wrong thread, nothing to see here

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 6, 2013

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I made sure my volvo's alternator pivot bolt won't come out by putting a teensy little c-clamp on it.

Lesson: use lock washers even if it didn't have any before, because otherwise the nut will destroy the bolt threads on its way out

(theory: it did fine until now because the old bushings were rubber and the new ones are poly)

Second lesson: no hardware store in my county has an M8 hex bolt more than 100mm long

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 6, 2013

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Cage posted:

Are those cragar soft 8s? Its silly, but I want those for my mustang. Everyone either has bullitts or cobra wheels.

Yeah but they are branded as black rock something or other. I like em for the price!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Freed up a sticking caliper on my wife's Mazda 6 and replaced the steel backing plates that were grinding against the rotor with cheap organic pads, then flushed the lines on all four corners since I already had my power bleeder connected to bleed the stuck caliper after removing and reinstalling it. Should be enough to hold me over until the end of the month when I'll have some spare cash in the budget to do new rotors and pads all around.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I installed an Invidia N1 single exit exhaust on my s2000 on Friday. This is the first video that I've taken with my GoPro so sorry for the dirty windshield. I already have a test pipe to replace the cat and I ordered a PLM header and a FlashPro which will be here some time next week. I'm going to drop VTEC to 4200 from 6200 and raise my redline from 8k to 8.5k (the Hondata Toda header tune). With intake, header, exhaust, test pipe, and re-tune I should be able to squeeze out 20-30whp. What works in my favor is that the flashpro lets me fully tune my ECU so the 1000cc injectors I also bought will work fine with my factory ECU. Now I just need to order a Science of Speed supercharger kit and I'm done :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNUVf5p5yI

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

That sounds fuckin awesome! What kind of case is your Gopro in? I have a Hero2 and a waterproof case and even with the open back all my exhaust videos sound bassy and lovely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Finally installed that left upper control arm that's been sitting in my garage for 2 months. :v: Annoyingly, I just got my oil changed, and it look like they greased all the steering joints, but didn't hit any of the ball joints. I don't have a grease gun, so I'll have em done tomorrow when I get it aligned at my shop.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Fart Pipe posted:

That sounds fuckin awesome! What kind of case is your Gopro in? I have a Hero2 and a waterproof case and even with the open back all my exhaust videos sound bassy and lovely.

It's a Hero 3 with the open-back waterproof case. However, it was stuck to my windshield and the top was down. Thanks for the complement :). I can't wait to hear it with the header and test pipe!

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I know the case probably wasn't the best thing for audio quality but it raises the question, how's the drone at freeway speeds with that setup?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
What is currently done to your S2000? It looked like it was really moving in those videos.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Put coolant in it! :v: It had half a gallon left in a 2ish gallon system. My wife was wondering why it was almost to the red line. :smith: She is very very lucky it didn't blow a head gasket.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I know the case probably wasn't the best thing for audio quality but it raises the question, how's the drone at freeway speeds with that setup?

The drone is reasonable so long as you can cope with the fact that you've installed a 3" straight pipe exhaust :). It's definitely not stock.

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

What is currently done to your S2000? It looked like it was really moving in those videos.

It's literally bone stock other than a catback exhaust.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Paul Boz_ posted:

I installed an Invidia N1 single exit exhaust on my s2000 on Friday. This is the first video that I've taken with my GoPro so sorry for the dirty windshield. I already have a test pipe to replace the cat and I ordered a PLM header and a FlashPro which will be here some time next week. I'm going to drop VTEC to 4200 from 6200 and raise my redline from 8k to 8.5k (the Hondata Toda header tune). With intake, header, exhaust, test pipe, and re-tune I should be able to squeeze out 20-30whp. What works in my favor is that the flashpro lets me fully tune my ECU so the 1000cc injectors I also bought will work fine with my factory ECU. Now I just need to order a Science of Speed supercharger kit and I'm done :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNUVf5p5yI

Is it OK to make the VTEC engagement point that low? I always thought you couldn't go that low. Aside from that, drat you are going in

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Nodoze posted:

Is it OK to make the VTEC engagement point that low? I always thought you couldn't go that low. Aside from that, drat you are going in

Yeah it's the standard Hondata TODA header tune (that is applicable to any header).

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_s2k_toda_header.html

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What is the risk? Can't be to the cam/VTEC latch itself, can it? I would think it'd be fine operating at lower RPMs. Mainly if oil consumption goes up from being in VTEC for longer, perhaps?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
There is no risk. It is similar to the RSX-S tune that Hondata has been using for over a decade. Hundreds of s2000's use the same tune (it's a pre-burned reflash if you don't have a flashpro compatible ECU). Basically it just smooths out the powerband and gets rid of the "vtec kick." Raising the redline 500 is negligible. I've researched it extensively and can't find any evidence of any s2000's having a problem with the TODA header tune, just lots and lots of happy customers :)

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Its fine, you can engage VTEC as early as you have oil pressure for it. The only negative would be switching to the high rpm cam too early and losing midrange torque but that all depends on your tune and modifications. Finding the ideal point is pretty easy by just dynoing the car with only the low rpm cam and then only the high rpm and setting the switch when they cross.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 7, 2013

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I took some pictures after washing our rides!
(washing yellow cars is torture)

I still don't know how to use her DSLR, but I try damnit!

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Muffinpox posted:

Its fine, you can engage VTEC as early as you have oil pressure for it. The only negative would be switching to the high rpm cam too early and losing midrange torque but that all depends on your tune and modifications. Finding the ideal point is pretty easy by just dynoing the car with only the low rpm cam and then only the high rpm and setting the switch when they cross.

Yep and 4200 is where Hondata has found that perfect crossover point :).

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

BrownieVK posted:

Two very pretty cars, nice to see another 500 too. Taking pictures of cars in tall grass looks really good too, I'm gonna give that try sometime.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Wonder how much gas your gonna suck down hitting VTEC all the time now as opposed to only sometimes. I mean, you might go into VTEC every time anyway but I usually don't

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Nodoze posted:

Wonder how much gas your gonna suck down hitting VTEC all the time now as opposed to only sometimes. I mean, you might go into VTEC every time anyway but I usually don't

I hit VTEC almost every time I drive. I bounce it off of 8k through third several times a day (about four on-ramps per day). I only get like 200 miles per tank on an 11 gallon fill-up so terrible gas mileage. I hate the car below 4500rpms or so :/. I still get better gas mileage than my 300zx twin turbo on the s2000's worst day.

In other news I just got shipping confirmation on the PLM header I bought. They usually list for like $550 but PLM has a discounted thread on s2ki. $400 shipped with gaskets. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to install it and the test pipe.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

BrownieVK posted:

Just out of curiosity, which one is the lady's car in this arrangement?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Paul Boz_ posted:

I hit VTEC almost every time I drive. I bounce it off of 8k through third several times a day (about four on-ramps per day). I only get like 200 miles per tank on an 11 gallon fill-up so terrible gas mileage. I hate the car below 4500rpms or so :/. I still get better gas mileage than my 300zx twin turbo on the s2000's worst day.

In other news I just got shipping confirmation on the PLM header I bought. They usually list for like $550 but PLM has a discounted thread on s2ki. $400 shipped with gaskets. Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to install it and the test pipe.

poo poo, I'm getting like 180-200 at about the halfway point. I'm not as aggressive as you though. I kinda wish I had the extra money to blow on the header even though I want to leave the car stock

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Did the wiring prep work for my gauge install since not everything arrived today

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Nodoze posted:

poo poo, I'm getting like 180-200 at about the halfway point. I'm not as aggressive as you though. I kinda wish I had the extra money to blow on the header even though I want to leave the car stock

Lots of guys on s2ki claim that they get the illusive 300 miles per fill-up but I've only done it once and it was literally all 60mph highway driving.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

blk posted:

Just out of curiosity, which one is the lady's car in this arrangement?

Fortunately the Fiat is my wife's. It replaced her dumb VW Beetle, also yellow. I love the fiat but its just so painfully slow.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Paul Boz_ posted:

Lots of guys on s2ki claim that they get the illusive 300 miles per fill-up but I've only done it once and it was literally all 60mph highway driving.

I've gotten 300 a few times. Whenever I have gotten really good mileage though I'll usually be like eh whatever I'll start letting it rip and then it goes down :v:

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

Hey MKV JSW buddy

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Paul Boz_ posted:

I only get like 200 miles per tank on an 11 gallon fill-up so terrible gas mileage.

My NC1 Miata gets about 27 MPG combined on tanks that I beat the poo poo out of it and I honestly thought that was bad! :stare:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012
Washed the fiat. It rained 1 minute after taking this picture :newlol:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pulled the trigger on a factory service manual for the Blazer.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Paul Boz_ posted:

Shift at 2.5krpm, be very light on the throttle, and putter along at 60mph and you can exceed 300 miles per fill up. It also sucks to drive the car like that, I'll take 23mpg as a trade off for seeing 9krpm once per drive.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Took the interior out of my parts e36.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

First time I've really taken any kind of trip in it.

I'd love to say this was somewhere in California. But nope, border of Texas and Oklahoma. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 9, 2013

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Muffinpox posted:

Shift at 2.5krpm, be very light on the throttle, and putter along at 60mph and you can exceed 300 miles per fill up. It also sucks to drive the car like that, I'll take 23mpg as a trade off for seeing 9krpm once per drive.

Drove the TSX yesterday to get some wheels and I managed 33mpg on all-highway driving with the KA24. Intake, header, high-flow cat and exhaust. My wife regularly averages 28mpg with taking it up into VTEC every day. How different is the gearing on the S2K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Drove the TSX yesterday to get some wheels and I managed 33mpg on all-highway driving with the KA24. Intake, header, high-flow cat and exhaust. My wife regularly averages 28mpg with taking it up into VTEC every day. How different is the gearing on the S2K?

4k-ish at 75mph, depending on AP1/AP2. I think the best I ever got out of mine was 24mpg or so.