Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cameron posted:

What the gently caress is "Tsundere"?
No, "what the gently caress" comes after learning what the word means, you're doing things in the wrong order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
There better be a Tsundere class in this game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'll settle for STATUS: KAWAII on the bottom bar.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streaming some pixel art for the character creation sequence. A big illustration in nine sections, for the nine character alignments...
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile
Going to probably take a couple hours tonight and continue on tomorrow!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Frankie's doing some more pixel art streaming tonight. Finishing up the alignment grid for character creation. It is unbelievably impressive!!!!

-=WATCH OR DIE=-

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chef Boyardee posted:

Frankie's doing some more pixel art streaming tonight. Finishing up the alignment grid for character creation. It is unbelievably impressive!!!!

-=WATCH OR DIE=-

I didn't watch and now I'm a ghost, don't make the same mistake I did! OooooooOOOoooOOOooo :ghost:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't watch and now I'm a ghost, don't make the same mistake I did! OooooooOOOoooOOOooo :ghost:

If I watch it will it make me stop being a ghost?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hatbox Ghost posted:

If I watch it will it make me stop being a ghost?

No, but you will stop being a Hatbox.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've just realized that Barkley 2 moving on from Barkley 1's themes, means that carrying Barkley 1 saves to Barkley 2 will be hilariously ridiculous. I hope the same will apply from carrying saves from 2 to 3.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure by the time Barkley 3 comes out, we'll be in a real post-cyberpocalypse.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Barkley 3 is the catalyst for the Cyberpocalypse.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Barkley 3 is the Cyberpocalypse. There will be a hugely successful Kickstarter to bring about the social and cultural slams needed to create a b-ball-based post-scarcity society, which will immediately crumble when everyone realizes how ridiculous that is, leaving us with the third game in the Hoopz Barkley SaGa: the game of real life

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

So which one of you was responsible for this?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Is that canon, or fanon?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chef Boyardee posted:

Yeah, we don't completely understand why that SuperSound.dll problem is happening, but it happens with a lot of Game Maker games, including Hotline Miami and the only solution so far seems to be restarting your computer. Sorry!

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm over the mono now. The biggest problem is that our sleep cycles are perpetually hosed. I'll wake up just as bhroom goes to bed, bort goes to bed 2 hours later and then it's just me working on stuff alone for 8 hours at like 3:00 AM. Then when they get back up, I'm tired and go to bed. But I got up at 7:00 AM today so hopefully my sleep schedule is fixed for the next few weeks. It's why we haven't streamed in a while (+ they're out of town, getting back this week). I think I'm naturally inclined to be up at night.

So in other words, you're working on Barkley 2 24/7? Nothing wrong with that!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 3 is the catalyst for the Cyberpocalypse.

Officially, you're not far from the mark. It's worse.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
For anyone who wants to experience auditory suffering, we bring you the latest dirge from the resident dirgemeister, cboyardee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHq5rp3PKc

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Reminds me of some of Motoi Sakuraba's work.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Saw this non-canon filth and it was so corporate attitude it made my skin crawl

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
cboyardee posts some cool info about the game, random poo poo on his twitter:
https://twitter.com/CBoyardee
recommend followin him if you havent

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cybershell posted:

Saw this non-canon filth and it was so corporate attitude it made my skin crawl

This looks beyond wretched...

I'm talking about Barkley 2.

Kanye Quest looks really good.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I want to post some character creation screens and stuff but I am prohibited to do so by my strong work ethics (?), and by ToG's corporate attitude.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
New update! And news!

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2Muh9kSi0

Mystical Greetings,

So we had promised big news mid-August and we have just that. We're going to PAX Prime in two weeks to be part of the awe-inspiring Indie MegaBooth!

That truck haul of bonkers nonsense above is going to be exhibited along with over 83 games from 78 developers. And how!

You can check out more information about Barkley 2 here on the IMB site.

If any of you kiddos are going to be in Seattle for PAX Prime from August 30th to September 2nd, send us a message or swing by Booth 867. Surprises abound.

Everyone also let us know what you think about the video! In an update very soon we'll walk through the video and let you know what's going on in detail.

Semper Games,
ToG

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cicero posted:

New update! And news!

That looks amazing.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
For any Pax prime attendants, please come in cosplaying as characters from barkley 1.

For example:

1. Eric the snail
2. Chin, the store manager
3. Sonic

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Gortarius posted:

For any Pax prime attendants, please come in wearing the Shrekmono.

Also, that gameplay looks great.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I wonder what the alignment chart will be used for.

edit: Has the name changed to "BARKLEY 2: QUEKLAIN NO VENGEANT"?

Cicero fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 15, 2013

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I want diabetus and slowbiff to attend pax and retsupurae the ToG booth.

EDIT:

I was given the permission from my ToG overlord's to warn anyone coming over the ToG booth: A right hand is required for the full ToG experience. If you do not have a right hand, you can substitute your left hand as such by relocating your thumb on the other side.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 15, 2013

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That's looking really good, really nice late SNES-era graphics they have going there.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
What kind of swag will you guys have available? Will you be giving away any Dunk Ducat promo cards for us to make in-game purchases with? What about unlock codes for PAX-only Guns'sskins?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Zenzirouj posted:

What kind of swag will you guys have available? Will you be giving away any Dunk Ducat promo cards for us to make in-game purchases with? What about unlock codes for PAX-only Guns'sskins?
We got some more body pillows made that we'll be selling at a discount, and we might have some other stuff, not sure.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Squirt some Elmer's glue over some of the pillowcases and mark them down another notch as Pre-Owned / Slightly Used.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Chef Boyardee posted:

We got some more body pillows made that we'll be selling at a discount, and we might have some other stuff, not sure.

are you guys willing to sign my b-ball or are you only allowing snes/genesis cartridges of barkley shut up and jam?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Chef Boyardee posted:

Shiiiiit now I actually wish I lived on the West coast.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So is Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant the new title, because I like The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog - Escape from Necron 7: Revenge of Cu Chulainn: Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa much better. Like, I can't think of a name for this vidcon more fitting than The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog - Escape from Necron 7: Revenge of Cu Chulainn: Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Yes, I did in fact type the whole thing out each time

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zenzirouj posted:

Shiiiiit now I actually wish I lived on the West coast.
Do what I just did, go find somebody you know who's going and bribe them to get one for you!

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So is Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant the new title, because I like The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog - Escape from Necron 7: Revenge of Cu Chulainn: Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa much better. Like, I can't think of a name for this vidcon more fitting than The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog - Escape from Necron 7: Revenge of Cu Chulainn: Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Yes, I did in fact type the whole thing out each time

We wanted to see if we could get away with putting a fake name on the PAX thing.

Cybershell posted:

are you guys willing to sign my b-ball or are you only allowing snes/genesis cartridges of barkley shut up and jam?
We will sign anything. Basketballs, children, fruit, whatever.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Chef Boyardee posted:

Oh drat! TWINS!?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Your boy LazerLong submitted his speedrun of Barkley to be considered for inclusion in Awesome Games Done Quick 2014, the yearly speedrunning marathon to benefit the Prevent Cancer Foundation. It made the initial cut, and judging from the language used by the guy making the cuts, it will probably go all the way. So get hype for a Barkley speedrun for a great cause!

On a Barkley 2 related note, that trailer makes the game look like Wasteland Kings, which is a very very good thing.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The ToG team has arrived at P.A.X. and are preparing for the trials ahead.

I anxiously wait for the first insufferable 300 pound fedora nerd to refuse to leave the booth until he has 100% completed the demo and character creation.