Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

Amaterasu can drop deuces and piss all over demons in Okami.

And your poo poo explodes. Explodes.

Okami is such a rad game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tulip posted:

E: Or fill your house with spiders.

No poo poo, for about a year and a half* I lived in this really lovely studio apartment (like sometimes I had to step over people shooting up in the doorway of the building lovely), and I just wasn't willing to spray the required amount of poison around to get rid of the ants, spiders, and what-have-you that like to crawl into a poorly sealed 1920's basement apartment.

Well, the ants I couldn't really tolerate because they tend to swarm, so I used as many non-bug spray methods as I could to keep them under control. But I noticed the more that I saw spiders around, the less I saw of the other bugs. Of course, the landlords knew that the place was infested like three ways over, but they were new and the building came with a list of problems so long that I can only assume they probably are gone now, having passed the buck to yet another manager.

In any case, I tried to only go to them with the really big things (like the time literal poo poo and Swisher wrappers backed up into my tub), and I ended up with an interesting....eco system where I left the spiders alone and they ate everything. I'd occasionally see smaller spiders running around and around in circles, and on closer inspection they were using webs like lassos to wrangle other bugs to eat :3:

Basically spiders are awesome, get to know your spider roommates and they will do you a solid in a pinch.

Fun fact, the day I got a new bed and was ditching the old mattress, we found a HUUUuuuge spider between the mattress and box spring that was of some lovecraftian variety closely guarding her fat sack of eggs.

I like to think she'd have made me godmother :3:

*I felt strongly that every 20 year old should do a stint slumming it. And by that I mean I wanted to smoke weed and work my easy-rear end job every day

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My first apartment, when I was nineteen, was horribly, horribly infested with roaches because our downstairs neighbor was a scary hoarder. It was terrible, looking back, but I was going through a very heavy Pulp phase at the time and the shittiness of the place seemed kind of perversely glamorous. Plus the fact that we literally could not keep any food in the house meant that I was super skinny that year.

There was a really weird smell in that apartment for a while, and we couldn't trace the source. Turns out my roommate had made herself warm milk one night and hadn't emptied or washed out the kettle afterwards. That had been two weeks ago. It was like a forest of mold in there.

We put the kettle out by the dumpster, not even bothering to rinse it out. A few days later my roommate saw it on a local homeless guy's shopping cart.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I spent a summer living out of a tent as a camp counselor and my tentmate and i would catch spiders to put them up in our tent. Mosquitos there were dreadful and i learned like a dozen tricks to deal with them, first and foremost being to eat little sugar and tons of garlic. Also don't slap, you'll just embarrass yourself.

Really what i'm saying is that you're either with spiders or mosquitoes, there's no in between.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tulip posted:

I spent a summer living out of a tent as a camp counselor and my tentmate and i would catch spiders to put them up in our tent. Mosquitos there were dreadful and i learned like a dozen tricks to deal with them, first and foremost being to eat little sugar and tons of garlic. Also don't slap, you'll just embarrass yourself.

Really what i'm saying is that you're either with spiders or mosquitoes, there's no in between.

I'm with Deep Woods Off. :smug:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A few weeks ago there was a brown recluse on my toilet seat and I almost sat on it. Still haven't gotten over it. I poo poo you not the movie Arachnophobia was on the next night

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There was a spider in my shower just now so I peed on it

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

VanSandman posted:

I'm with Deep Woods Off. :smug:

Enjoy your long term brain damage. :madmax:

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

A few weeks ago there was a brown recluse on my toilet seat and I almost sat on it. Still haven't gotten over it. I poo poo you not the movie Arachnophobia was on the next night

Was the spider ok :ohdear:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Tulip posted:

Enjoy your long term brain damage. :madmax:

Was the spider ok :ohdear:

I sprayed it with febreeze and then smashed it.

Thanks for making sure my rear end was ok

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Since its technically current forum events, the latest 'pedos in the news' thread in GBS got its very own goon-in-a-well, with :stare: and :stonk: results in equal measure. A good thread if absolutely depressing poo poo makes you laugh.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
....yyyyeah, I think I'm done with that thread.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Let me see how many GBS reports are from that thread.

Just as I figured: All of them.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why isn't the guy asking GBS to turn rape into a math equation permabanned yet?

That loving thread. :suspense:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Brother Jonathan posted:

Let me see how many GBS reports are from that thread.

Just as I figured: All of them.

And this is why I would like to buy the mods of this place a drink.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Is Hogburto always so willfully retarded?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

To the people talking about window screen wrt my insect problem, theya ren't super common here in the UK. Like, I've never lived anywhere with window screens and wouldn't know how to go about installing them or anything.

Currently my least favourite thing is retinal migraines. Why yes, I do want to lose the bility to see out of half of one eye, and also not be able to read.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

VanSandman posted:

Since its technically current forum events, the latest 'pedos in the news' thread in GBS got its very own goon-in-a-well, with :stare: and :stonk: results in equal measure. A good thread if absolutely depressing poo poo makes you laugh.

Yeah let me just open GBS and start reading it :rolleyes:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I keep almost making a PYF Pet Beeves thread and then thinking that would be a terrible idea. There's a lot of nice pictures of cows and bulls out there, though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cheerfullydrab posted:

I keep almost making a PYF Pet Beeves thread and then thinking that would be a terrible idea.

No it would be the best idea:

cheerfullydrab posted:

There's a lot of nice pictures of cows and bulls out there, though.

Wouldn't they be pet boves???

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Lets be honest, goons discussing pedophiles is more of a sure-fire train wreck than hearing a knocking sound coming from the wheels on your german train. If it's in GBS, twice so.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I just got back from grabbing coffee and a bagel at a place by my house. As I was eating, a lady who I guess was a doctor or something started talking really loudly into her phone about how a patient's incisions aren't healing the way she'd hoped, and went on to describe the pus and discoloration. It was fairly nauseating. I finished my bagel, though, both because it was really good (smoked salmon owns) and because I'm a champ.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've been living with my housemate for several years now and things have been pretty chill but recently she's decided that she's okay with farting when I'm in the room. I could ignore it or talk to her like an adult but instead I've decided that an anal arms race is clearly the correct response and I'll discourage her from farting in my presence with overpowering return fire. What should I be eating to make my farts especially rank? Keep in mind that she's a vegetarian so she's already ahead in the game.

tl;dr: goons, help me fart on a girl

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've been living with my housemate for several years now and things have been pretty chill but recently she's decided that she's okay with farting when I'm in the room. I could ignore it or talk to her like an adult but instead I've decided that an anal arms race is clearly the correct response and I'll discourage her from farting in my presence with overpowering return fire. What should I be eating to make my farts especially rank? Keep in mind that she's a vegetarian so she's already ahead in the game.

Meat and meat by-products for the smell, dairy for the ammunition.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Girl farts are extremely powerful in keeping out ghosts and demons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VanSandman posted:

Meat and meat by-products for the smell, dairy for the ammunition.

Is it ethical to do meaty farts on vegetarians?

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Buy a house cow, they will have a farting prowess you can never hope to match.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Is it ethical to do meaty farts on vegetarians?

So long as their mouth is closed, yes.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Sugar alcohols, used as artificial sweeteners, buy some old people style diabetic cookies or some Atkins bars, you will fart. And poop. Try not to shart or gas yourself with your own farts, maybe the gooniest way to die

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Those sugar alcohols in high doses will also make you poo poo yourself so tread lightly. Fiber One bars and the like will give you big farts but they won't smell as much.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Anyone remember that thread where some dumb goon nearly lost his job due to a gas problem, only it turned out his gas problem was from living on a diet of 100% cheese?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Chew a poo poo load up sugar free gum. You'll fart for like thirty seconds straight.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

VanSandman posted:

Anyone remember that thread where some dumb goon nearly lost his job due to a gas problem, only it turned out his gas problem was from living on a diet of 100% cheese?

I do! Not only it was funny, but some choice quotes came out of it. Then he turned out to be a gimmick account.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Remember, you want to go for odor as well as volume of gas produced for your fart war. Turning your rear end into a sterile wind tunnel is no good. The sugar alcohols will provide the volume, but you should probably add meat and dairy to provide some bioodor to your air poops

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Taco Bell plus a bunch of diet Mountain Dew.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Am I the only person alive who's entire digestive system isn't annihilated by some taco bell?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gleep gloop posted:

Am I the only person alive who's entire digestive system isn't annihilated by some taco bell?

I can eat like maybe three dollars of it without issues and 6 dollars just makes me find a bathroom within an hour. If you're on a road trip with friends Taco Bell is the worst idea possible other than relying on CDs for music.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

drat. Got me wanting some Baja Blast.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A quick googlin' learned me that baja blast is exclusive to Taco Bell. Taco Bell and intestinal distress go hand in hand. Taco Bell has a soda acknowledging this fact :psyduck:

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Why is there no carl from ATHF smilie so I can post some crude reference to pink tacos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Francodipshit posted:

I can eat like maybe three dollars of it without issues and 6 dollars just makes me find a bathroom within an hour. If you're on a road trip with friends Taco Bell is the worst idea possible other than relying on CDs for music.

Man...I don't remember the last time I listened to a CD.

• Locked thread