Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
A Pinball Wizard? Perhaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Bagel
Feb 26, 2007

Mr. Pilkington

Toady posted:

I have to admit I'm relieved that the game has regained some excitement after those deflating Evo finals.

The first pro gameplay I saw of Injustice was the Evo grand final and I was so disappointed because it was just laser spamming and was so boring. This match was way more exciting and what I first imagined these pro matches would look like when I first started playing the game. Also could someone explain back dashing? how hard is it to do?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Simply Bagel posted:

Also could someone explain back dashing? how hard is it to do?

Back dashing is literally tapping backwards twice.

Edit: I'm almost afraid I've misunderstood what you mean. I don't mean to sound insulting but have you not played any other fighting game in the past decade or so? It's basically a universal mechanic at this point.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 6, 2013

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Bosushi! posted:

Edit: I'm almost afraid I've misunderstood what you mean. I don't mean to sound insulting but have you not played any other fighting game in the past decade or so? It's basically a universal mechanic at this point.

I think the question was more geared toward how to use the backdash invincibility frames.

And to answer it, specific frames of the backdash are invincible, and very.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Simply Bagel posted:

The first pro gameplay I saw of Injustice was the Evo grand final and I was so disappointed because it was just laser spamming and was so boring. This match was way more exciting and what I first imagined these pro matches would look like when I first started playing the game. Also could someone explain back dashing? how hard is it to do?

All backdashes in game have some invincibility frames, he was timing the backdash's invincibility frames (frames where your character can't be hit) to avoid the laser beam's active frames. I actually got it down fairly well on Superman's straight laser (like, 90% of the time) with Nightwing after 15 minutes or so, the air laser is way harder, imo. I haven't even bothered trying it online, since there's lag and that pretty much totally defeats things like that. I honestly don't really see the point, since ducking is much, much easier and doesn't move you back away from Superman, which is kind of what he wants if he's zoning you anyway.

dubl edit: I understand the point of dodging the air/meter burnable one but not the straight laser, I should say.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 6, 2013

Vaiyne
Sep 2, 2011
Man, ya'll can keep Zatana and Static Shock - I just want King Shark.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Vaiyne posted:

He'd be a straight palette swap of Aquaman, except when he does the super, Aquaman swims by and bites the other guy off of the trident.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Vaiyne posted:

Only if this is his clash dialog.

Simply Bagel
Feb 26, 2007

Mr. Pilkington

Bosushi! posted:

Sorry I should have been more specific, I know what back-dashing is, but I didn't know you could use it to evade attacks.

WarEternal posted:

All backdashes in game have some invincibility frames, he was timing the backdash's invincibility frames (frames where your character can't be hit) to avoid the laser beam's active frames. I actually got it down fairly well on Superman's straight laser (like, 90% of the time) with Nightwing after 15 minutes or so, the air laser is way harder, imo. I haven't even bothered trying it online, since there's lag and that pretty much totally defeats things like that. I honestly don't really see the point, since ducking is much, much easier and doesn't move you back away from Superman, which is kind of what he wants if he's zoning you anyway.

dubl edit: I understand the point of dodging the air/meter burnable one but not the straight laser, I should say.
Oh okay. I know a little bit about frames in fighting games so I can kind of understand just how hard the timing would be on something like that. Man that makes the piano dodge that much crazier.
:stare: How have a never seen this before?! What comic is that from?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Simply Bagel posted:

:stare: How have a never seen this before?! What comic is that from?
According to this: Secret Six #35

Bonus -

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Welp, tried to sit down to play just now and got assaulted with this nasty recurring issue. Deleting the John Stewart and Zod updates didn't do anything, and I really don't want to delete all the poo poo I have on that save file, ESPECIALLY if it means I'll have to do those damned Star Labs missions again. So now I can't play the game at all.

NRS :negative:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Lurdiak posted:

Welp, tried to sit down to play just now and got assaulted with this nasty recurring issue. Deleting the John Stewart and Zod updates didn't do anything, and I really don't want to delete all the poo poo I have on that save file, ESPECIALLY if it means I'll have to do those damned Star Labs missions again. So now I can't play the game at all.

NRS :negative:

People usually suggest clearing the cache, have you tried that yet?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Krad posted:

People usually suggest clearing the cache, have you tried that yet?

I have indeed, no dice. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Lurdiak posted:

I have indeed, no dice. :(

I had to delete and redownload my Red Son 2 Skin Pack to get a similar error fixed. Delete all the DLC, clear the cache, redownload. It sucks, I know.

I gotta tell you guys I put in some Bane sessions last night and had very strong showings, even when I lost I felt I could have won with some better play. At the end of the night I played a trait + j2 Batman and using some of the tips you guys gave me I utterly smashed him. As I grabbed him for the final meter-burned "BACKBREAKER!!!" he quit out. I of course sent the customary "BREAK YOU" message and called it an evening. Thanks guys.

Oh and new Ed Boon DLC character clue:

Olivia Newton John.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Cars released "Magic", Earth-something Zatanna's magic words are upside down, Pinball Wizard, Xanadu starts with a Z sound.

Boom.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
It's Red Hood cause kids love him

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I had to delete and redownload my Red Son 2 Skin Pack to get a similar error fixed. Delete all the DLC, clear the cache, redownload. It sucks, I know.

I gotta tell you guys I put in some Bane sessions last night and had very strong showings, even when I lost I felt I could have won with some better play. At the end of the night I played a trait + j2 Batman and using some of the tips you guys gave me I utterly smashed him. As I grabbed him for the final meter-burned "BACKBREAKER!!!" he quit out. I of course sent the customary "BREAK YOU" message and called it an evening. Thanks guys.

Olivia Newton John.

You need to quote movie Bane next time: "Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first... Your spirit, or your connection?" :getin:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Olivia Newton John.

Damnit Boon, I can't find a way to spin this one into a Static Shcok thing. Looks like Zatanna's going to be the next one.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

Damnit Boon, I can't find a way to spin this one into a Static Shcok thing. Looks like Zatanna's going to be the next one.

I got chills
They're multiplying
And I'm losing control
'cause the power you're supplying
It's electrifying!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I hope it's Zatanna because her powers are ~MAGIC!!~ so they can do anything they want with her.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope it's Zatanna because her powers are ~MAGIC!!~ so they can do anything they want with her.

Yeah but Hal's powers are literally "imagination" and look what they did with them.

I probably sound like I'm down on NRS. I'm not. Just trying not to get my hopes up.

Krad, thank you for my awesome new disconnection message.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

The Cars released "Magic", Earth-something Zatanna's magic words are upside down, Pinball Wizard, Xanadu starts with a Z sound.

Boom.

Zatanna and Madame Xanadu were both in JLA Dark.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did this and it worked, thank you. :D

Spent most of the evening improving my Bane by playing Ranked. I started getting winning streaks near the end! A lot of players don't seem to take into account Bane's venom buff when trying to zone or interrupt in general. Those that do know how the trait works... ouch, a 9-hit Combo on a level 3 withdrawal is some cruel stuff.

Highlights of the evening: an Aquaman player who spammed gurgling sounds on mic, an unlikely instant rematch against someone I'd just thought "Man, I should totally have done X" about, resulting in an easy win when I actually did X, and a kid playing Deathstroke who managed a comeback after I perfected him in the first round (I started wiffing inputs a lot in round 2) apologizing for "using the gun". :3:

Thanks again to Holy Calamity! for playing with me that one time, I put what I learned that night to good use.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Looks like everyone actually figured Ed's hints this time. The new DLC character is Zatanna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzcEVQ-Exg

Teleport Kung Lao Dive kick is dirty as gently caress. I love it :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like they didn't even design their own costume for her.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like they didn't even design their own costume for her.
Would you really want them to? Armored tuxedo and fishnets? Nah why mess with it.

Her super was lame as heck but everything else looks ok. Wand stance looks fun and I'm glad she has what looks like a lot of tools for long and mid range zoning.

Also: she's a strength character? That's kinda weird.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah her super is pretty lame, I was hoping she'd punch into her own hat and a giant fist would come from the sky or something. Maybe shrink the opponent and then just punt them? Still I'll probably get her, I was a detractor when they announced Batgirl, Scorpion and Zod and they made all those really fun to play so they've earned my trust now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her super is yet another fly into the sky and punch down.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah her super is pretty lame, I was hoping she'd punch into her own hat and a giant fist would come from the sky or something. Maybe shrink the opponent and then just punt them? Still I'll probably get her, I was a detractor when they announced Batgirl, Scorpion and Zod and they made all those really fun to play so they've earned my trust now.

I was hoping NRS might have re-used this from Shaolin Monks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttJP-oZoLgg

But she looks fun and seems to have a lot of tools so hey presto, we got some decent looking DLC.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Aphrodite posted:

Her super is yet another fly into the sky and punch down.

Should've done something like where she wraps them in chains, tosses them into an upsidedown water tank, the tank gets sealed in a giant safe, then it gets pierced by 20 swords and KABOOM!

But nope, fly up punch down :downs:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

These supers are getting as repetitive and lame as the fatalities in... well, pretty much every MK after 2.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lots of crazy moves from her. She looks like a total blast to use if you love the ranged game.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Should've done something like where she wraps them in chains, tosses them into an upsidedown water tank, the tank gets sealed in a giant safe, then it gets pierced by 20 swords and KABOOM!

That's a great idea! I really like Zatanna either way. Love her hat and wand stance. Really quick teleports. That triple image dodge thing. NRS has really dropped the ball in the super move department. I personally only like a handful of them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That Super Move sucks poo poo and you guys have already come up with better alternatives.

Her face is kind of hosed up, NRS standard there.

Other than that she looks really cool!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

You're not kidding. For a character who could do pretty much ANYTHING they went the horribly generic route with her super.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can someone explain what her super does and how it's activated? It looks to me like a counter-super, but not an instant one? :confused:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can someone explain what her super does and how it's activated? It looks to me like a counter-super, but not an instant one? :confused:

I think that was just a combination of moves. Some sort of dodge, and then the super.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

hiddenriverninja posted:

It looks like her actual super is just a normal pick up and slam down and the move she used to avoid Grundy's super is one of her specials.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I like the Yoga Catastrophe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I like the Yoga Catastrophe.
Yoga Catastrophe Teleport mixups, aw yis