Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

I almost always try and join Mason. Anyone else have a preferred side? Do you pick based on which side is attacking or defending on which map?

Basically I just want to yell "FOR THE ORDAHHHHH" and "THE ORDAH! THE ORRRDAHHHH!!"

The Agatha Vanguard has some of the best voice clips, so Agatha if I want to be van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
BLAHHAHAHhueeheuhue Blasphemy!

and

Oh! He is smart, like my shoe!

Are some of my favorite Agatha voice overs. But the Mason Knight has my favorite

:black101: "Thou drone! Thou slug! Thou snail! Thou salt!" :black101:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I'm a fan of the "Ab-so-lutely NOT!" of the Mason Knight.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
"I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A FOOL, AND. I. FOUND. YEEEEWWW"

Agatha vanguard is the best class.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Your wife is a hobby horse

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
The best way to pay FFA is a an MAA. Throw fire pot into a crowd, whip out your fists and explode heads. Call anyone who doesn't fight you with their fists a coward in chat.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I miss being able to constantly spam "DEFEND ME LADS" in whatever game mode allowed that.

Also around the time when I first started playing the Agatha knight used to just mumble under their breath as their respect voice command. I'm sure I just had some corrupt file that was causing it, but having the knight on the noble's side not being able to bring himself to give a proper gesture of respect to his enemies seemed so fitting with the tone of the game.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Cass posted:

Also around the time when I first started playing the Agatha knight used to just mumble under their breath as their respect voice command. I'm sure I just had some corrupt file that was causing it, but having the knight on the noble's side not being able to bring himself to give a proper gesture of respect to his enemies seemed so fitting with the tone of the game.

They were actually the 'lightly injured' grunts of the Mason Knight! :pseudo:

Edit: I've learned that being patient is a fun way to play vanguard on Moor FFA. Skirt around fights in the forested, elevated area, then duck in with a claymore and snipe whoever wins.

And any unfortunate people that happen to spawn next to you. :unsmigghh:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 8, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Robot Randy posted:

I have no idea what half the Mason Maa's taunts are supposed to mean, but they are all hilarious.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I almost always try and join Mason. Anyone else have a preferred side? Do you pick based on which side is attacking or defending on which map?

Basically I just want to yell "FOR THE ORDAHHHHH" and "THE ORDAH! THE ORRRDAHHHH!!"

I like playing as Agatha knight just so I can annoy people by being aggressively friendly. Spam sorry after every kill, talk about defending the light, and make sure to question the honor of everyone that rages in all chat.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 8, 2013

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I really miss when pretty much the only thing the Agatha Knight said for 'follow me' was like 2 different variations of "TO ME!"

Eminently spammable.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Roach Warehouse posted:

I really miss when pretty much the only thing the Agatha Knight said for 'follow me' was like 2 different variations of "TO ME!"

Eminently spammable.

I miss that and his three varations of "Yes/Yes my lord" that you could spam along with his "No!/No my lord."

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
"My folly, brother" has become my go-to message for apologizing for anything.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT
I will always enjoy the Mason MAA's incredibly snooty "Hohn hohn hoooooohn!" laugh, because spamming that for literally 5 minutes straight while speeding around in LTS and just cleaning house is so incredible.

Also the Mason Knight's "IT IS A GOOD DAY, TOOO DIIIIIIIIEEEE!" battle cry is pretty awesome just because of how brutal it is. It's perfect to shout that right before charging directly into a horde of dudes, while smashing most/all of them with a maul.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
I genuinely miss the grunts the knights used as a way of showing respect.

Maybe one day with the upcoming customisation feature, we'll be able to tailor the phrase pools that the voice commands draw from. I would like that.

WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF TWO FOR FLINCHING WALK IT OFF

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

WreckSov posted:

WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF WALK IT OFF TWO FOR FLINCHING WALK IT OFF

This is the best idea in the history of ideas. I'd instantly pick all of the quick "Nope!" lines for my Man at Arms negative responses, and just run around going "NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!"

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Eminently spammable.

I loved running around with a group of Agatha Knights spamming that. Good times :allears:

I've gotten half a server spamming the various "Help" sounds, which was funny as gently caress.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Slappy Moose posted:

This is the best idea in the history of ideas. I'd instantly pick all of the quick "Nope!" lines for my Man at Arms negative responses, and just run around going "NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!"

Ditto but for the Agatha Knight's "SOR-REEEE!"

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Elth posted:

Ditto but for the Agatha Knight's "SOR-REEEE!"

"er...er...the blue looked red!"

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Robot Randy posted:

You scullion! I'll tickle your catastrophe!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Voxx posted:

You scullion! I'll tickle your catastrophe!

"Oh it would appear the peasants have risen up, and found swords" It's the way he says "swords" that sells it for me.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The only changes in the Goon-made Chivalry Pro-mod would be to each class's taunts.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

The only changes in the Goon-made Chivalry Pro-mod would be to each class's taunts.

Also to trigger the warshout every time anybody dies, kills, parries or does anything at all.

Anyway, I'm finally getting good with MaA and it's super satisfying. Always just barely staying out of range of a Vanguard flailing after you with his Zweihänder while spamming taunt/laugh is the smuggest goddamn feeling.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I decided I like the Greatsword more than the other two vanguard swords, its riposte OH is really powerful and quick and completely bullshit, I think it's my new FFA weapon.

E: Yesterday I dueled against someone who used the Greatsword when I was using the Maul, he was level 27 but quite awful, after I killed him he said "Yeah using the hammer against the vnaguard's first sword, real fair". Some people.

Chivalry is one of the few games wherein the unlockable items are really not necessarily better than the basic items, the Zweihander really isn't better than either the greatsword or the claymore, the balance in that respect is actually quite fantastic as a new player has some very useful tools at his disposal and can compete with players who've unlocked everything.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 8, 2013

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Perestroika posted:

while spamming taunt/laugh is the smuggest goddamn feeling.

I'll admit, MAA's running in circles around me and laughing can legit get to me if they're also annoyingly good, but when you finally manage to time your horiazontal attack with one of their sidesteps or just get a good ol' fashioned stab in, it feels sooo gooood to shut them up.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
A couple of the Mason MAA's running battle cries sound like he's swallowing his tongue

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
My new ringtone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNHpCHLQ7xQ

Here's an old video with some javelin hacks. 4:30 and 7:00 are a riot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZFs7cBo4c

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Internet Kraken posted:

I have no idea what half the Mason Maa's taunts are supposed to mean, but they are all hilarious.

Pretty much all of them are directly ripped from Shakespeare.

A hobby-horse is one of those toy wooden horse-heads on a stick, meaning that they're easily passed around and everyone gets a ride. It's the medieval version of the "town bicycle" taunt, and it's used in A Winter's Tale...by her husband.

"You scullion, I'll tickle your catastrophe!" means, basically, "you kitchen-servant, I'll kick your rear end", and is used to comic effect by Falstaff in Henry IV.

"There's no more fight in thee than in a stewed prune" is also said by Falstaff in the same play, although in the play it's "faith" not "fight". Stewed prunes are notorious for not being able to fight, so it still works.

"Your virginity breeds mites, much like a cheese" is from a monologue in All's Well that Ends Well, and is fairly self-explanatory. I think.

"You should be women, yet your beards forbid me from interpreting that you are so." is what Banquo says to the witches when he and Macbeth first meet them.

I think that's all of them, but yeah Shakespeare was a pretty logical choice to go for period-appropriate taunts.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
As someone who mentioned about the fault of binding WASD/movement keys to C/YELLING was a bad idea for sneaking, I have a rebuttal. :downs:

When I flank as an Archer or Man-at-Arms, even when I'm trying to go unnoticed, I still spam voice commands. If I'm coming up on a camping nest of archers playing Meet the Sniper, I'll spam Z-4 (kill the archers!) repeatedly before, during, and after the archer massacre and no one has ever noticed. So keep screaming anyways!

:black101:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
My favourite z-4 taunt is the Agatha Vanguard's "Ooooooo, the bravery of being out of range....KILL THOSE ARCHERS!"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
OOPSIE DAISEY!!!!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I loving love this game, it's so fun topping 64 player servers by just running around with my longsword knight screaming "HELP ME!" while I stab people to death. It feels so awesome when you cut down 4 dudes in a row who are all falling over each other to get to you first.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Holy Calamity! posted:

I loving love this game, it's so fun topping 64 player servers by just running around with my longsword knight screaming "HELP ME!" while I stab people to death. It feels so awesome when you cut down 4 dudes in a row who are all falling over each other to get to you first.

It's even funnier when they accidentally end up cutting each other down trying to get to you. One time I had the king kill two of his defenders while trying to kill me :haw:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Chivalry is one of the few games wherein the unlockable items are really not necessarily better than the basic items, the Zweihander really isn't better than either the greatsword or the claymore, the balance in that respect is actually quite fantastic as a new player has some very useful tools at his disposal and can compete with players who've unlocked everything.
I love this. Plus the fact some weapons can just feel better to some people than others. I know that the first two knight primary swords are good but I just hate them coming away from the Vanguard swords. The Messer on the other hand, I love so much. Why yes, I WOULD like to be able to kill Archers in a single overhead swing to the shoulder. It's meh stab hasn't been too big a deal since even then, I feel like I'm still putting on the hurt with slashes and overheads to knights and vanguards. Yet I've only heard people bitching about the longsword, their first one, in game. Nobody' has complained about my Messer even when I've got lucky with "4 vs 1? KILL THEM ALL! moments.

It's also only happened a few times, but I love it when people bitch about getting killed by your shortsword... When you're a vanguard :getin: I'm sure it happens, but so far I am literally the only Vanguard I have seen in a match to use the secondary weapon when it's just clear that the spear isn't gonna work out.

EDIT: In more annoying news, the past two or so connecting to matches has been iffy for me, even those "official" servers with low ping and only half full. It just stays there at "please wait" forever until I give up and try again (and cancel flashes the loading screen for a moment). I haven't been able to connect to match all day today :saddowns:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 8, 2013

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

My steam name is Woodrow Skillson in the group, come stab virtual mans with me.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

God damnit. Nothing is safe from the horrible nude mods.

http://chivalrymw.nexusmods.com//

:cry:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Man, this is weird. I usually play a great sword vanguard. I do okay with the great sword but I suck horribly at the claymore. I thought my kills for great sword registered for unlocking the final sword, but right now they are not. Am I just never going to unlock that sword?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

clockworkjoe posted:

Man, this is weird. I usually play a great sword vanguard. I do okay with the great sword but I suck horribly at the claymore. I thought my kills for great sword registered for unlocking the final sword, but right now they are not. Am I just never going to unlock that sword?
A lot of times I'd end up with my kills not counting on some servers, and just had to move on until I ended up on a server where they did again.

And of course, you always end up realizing your kills are not counting right after you have a sweet kill streak with a bow or any other weapon type you have issues with :argh:

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

Bloody Pom posted:

I look forward to the inevitable female classes mod with boob plate armor and the ongoing fights on the official forums and nexus regarding "realism" and :biotruths:

But on the bright side, maybe we'll get some awesome new maps out of it all?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pom posted:

That site also has a Helm's Deep map... Oh my I've just pitched a tent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Edward_Lapine posted:

I look forward to the inevitable female classes mod with boob plate armor and the ongoing fights on the official forums and nexus regarding "realism" and :biotruths:

Female classes with the exact same voices as the male ones :shepface:

• Locked thread