Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McMahan
Oct 15, 2003

Strike Anywhere posted:

Do you have any tips for generating extra crystite from selling drops or resources?

Do you recommend against crystite refining (even for white quality resources) since so much progression requires bulk quantities?

Seems like selling drops to vendors isn't going to net much unless there are some drops that are worth a lot that I haven't seen in my inventory yet.

I've got my Bastion's CPU to 8 and want to have 5 multi turrets. I don't have the mats to craft a high enough control module yet, so I was thinking about buying a high quality MT III off the market or buying resources and crafting my own. Either way it's a bit of cash.

In my experience crystite refining is a huge waste of time and you only get a 2:1 resource to crystite ratio. You should be able to sell white resources on the market for at least a 1:1 ratio. It also doesn't take up a printer slot this way which lets you allocate your slots for other things. I don't think you're hurting yourself selling resources for crystite, you need both in large quantities so I would focus on what you need right now to get where you want to be.

I think recently the vendor buy amounts for a lot of gear has been increased, I would check that out again if you haven't recently. I sold a bunch of crap the other night and it was not uncommon to get 200+ crystite per item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
Crystite Refining is a 1:2 Ratio for Resources to Crystite. With the introduction of the Market (Alt+M) You can try to sell Resources at at least par, to get more bang for your buck atleast. It requires someone to buy the entire batch and things in the market currently get buried extremely easy so when you put it on the market can be held against you.

On an unrelated note to Crystite Farming, LemonKing you've played Dragon Fly a good amount, and I'm somehow I have a feeling a post here would have more influence.
Is there any particular reason that Healing Ball, Healing Wave, Healing Dome, Healing Pillar and Siphoning Plating all have the highest Mass ratio?

--Owned--
Recovered Healing Wave III [826], 452 Mass
Recovered Healing Ball III [801], 400 mass
Recovered Healing Pillar III [824], 409 mass
Recovered Rally IV [790], 514 Mass
--Market--
Healing Ball IV [Blue], 697, 813, 832, 839, 869 Mass
Accord Elite Purple Healing Wave IV, 949.9 Mass

JumpJet IVs and Mammoth Plating would cap at around 700 for a 'perfect quality', seems to be 1000 for these.

I understand its for balancing issues, Bastion consumes Power, Mammoth consumes Mass; But BioTech/Dragon Fly has even greater Mass constraints.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Strike Anywhere posted:

Do you have any tips for generating extra crystite from selling drops or resources?

Do you recommend against crystite refining (even for white quality resources) since so much progression requires bulk quantities?

Seems like selling drops to vendors isn't going to net much unless there are some drops that are worth a lot that I haven't seen in my inventory yet.

I've got my Bastion's CPU to 8 and want to have 5 multi turrets. I don't have the mats to craft a high enough control module yet, so I was thinking about buying a high quality MT III off the market or buying resources and crafting my own. Either way it's a bit of cash.

What others said re: your crystite.

If you haven't researched it yet, I can make through MT IV, and as of today Heavy Turret IV. We can't trade, but we can work out an agreed price, and even trade resources that way sort of. The only thing we can't really arrange is the 50 hisser dna. If you've already trained it, go nuts. Yes, they aren't cheap to make. And they are heavy as hell, well the IVs really. But they rule.

Sell your drops on the market, not the vendor. You prolly can't sell everything, but you can sell some of it. Secondary weapons are apparently good to sell. Anything you absolutely don't want, undercut everyone. Even if you're getting like 700 bucks for some white I item, that's better than any other option.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
With all that said, there are still a lot of things you will want to sell to a vendor. I went through my various platings last night and sold everything that had less HP than stock. Accord Elite, and Recovered variants are notorious for having lovely max HP stats. They tend to favor high regen or low constraints costs. Still, that crap won't sell to anyone on the market. 500cy for Accord Elite Recon Plating II - 750 hp? Nope. Nobody's going to buy something that guarantees they're one-shot bait for every juggernaut in New Eden. Oh, purple Recovered Engineer Plating II? That's got to sell, right? I'm rich, bitch! Oh, wait... 1038 hp. gently caress that. Stock is 1100. Vendor that poo poo.

Also, I apparently have more servos than anyone has a right to own. I can't burn them out fast enough. I'm dumping them on the vendor too. Nobody wants to buy them because they probably have 200+ in their inventory as well.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I'm getting the old "Loading Character..." wait 2 minutes.. back to select account screen :/

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

With all that said, there are still a lot of things you will want to sell to a vendor. I went through my various platings last night and sold everything that had less HP than stock. Accord Elite, and Recovered variants are notorious for having lovely max HP stats. They tend to favor high regen or low constraints costs. Still, that crap won't sell to anyone on the market. 500cy for Accord Elite Recon Plating II - 750 hp? Nope. Nobody's going to buy something that guarantees they're one-shot bait for every juggernaut in New Eden. Oh, purple Recovered Engineer Plating II? That's got to sell, right? I'm rich, bitch! Oh, wait... 1038 hp. gently caress that. Stock is 1100. Vendor that poo poo.

Also, I apparently have more servos than anyone has a right to own. I can't burn them out fast enough. I'm dumping them on the vendor too. Nobody wants to buy them because they probably have 200+ in their inventory as well.

The game needs a way to recycle these items to get some minerals.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

glug posted:

I'm getting the old "Loading Character..." wait 2 minutes.. back to select account screen :/

This happens to me when I'm on a lovely connection or connecting from work via my VPN at home.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What the best way to go inside Melding Bubbles?
Do you have to pick poo poo up or does everyone in the bubble share picked up minerals?
Do I lose anything by dying inside the bubble instead of exiting it when it collapses?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Jack Trades posted:

Do you have to pick poo poo up or does everyone in the bubble share picked up minerals?

Not going to claim this is absolute truth, but as far as I can tell you have to pick poo poo up. I've had people run up and grab resource drops that I generated, and didn't see the "YOU GOT NEW STUFF" feed in the lower right corner add anything up.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

glug posted:

If you haven't researched it yet, I can make through MT IV, and as of today Heavy Turret IV. We can't trade, but we can work out an agreed price, and even trade resources that way sort of. The only thing we can't really arrange is the 50 hisser dna. If you've already trained it, go nuts. Yes, they aren't cheap to make. And they are heavy as hell, well the IVs really. But they rule.

I'll take you up on this. I've researched MT3 but I don't have the high enough quality resources to get 5 turrets out of the control module. The resources are fetching a handsome price on the market so I figured I might as well buy a crafted MT3 off the market. The highest quality ones average around 30k crystite and I'm sitting on 20k now. Since you can make Heavy Turret III as well I'd like to know how much you want for one of those too.

I enjoy finding and gathering resources since this game makes it pretty fun to do so, but man oh man I want more turrets and I want them now.

In any case I need to save up a bit more to probably make it worth your while. My in-game name is iixeenii. Hopefully they will offer a name change service because IIXeeNII in-game makes it impossible for anyone to figure out how to easily send me invites to groups.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Azurrat posted:

Not going to claim this is absolute truth, but as far as I can tell you have to pick poo poo up. I've had people run up and grab resource drops that I generated, and didn't see the "YOU GOT NEW STUFF" feed in the lower right corner add anything up.

There is a weird dynamic that happens for tornados and melding pockets, in that when you join, you are also joining some sort of "team" channel. I do not know if this is an unfinished mechanic, but I thought the point was that everyone inside would share. What purpose or function it actually serves I do not know.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You do not share anything with players inside a tornado melding bubble unless they are also part of your squad. The tornado melding bubble is a prize room. Blow up the crystals to collect your resource prize. There are 4 rounds, each preceded by the reduction in the melding bubble (the walls close in). The first round is yellow crystals. You usually get around 30 resources per yellow crystal. The next round is green crystals. You usually get around 150 or so resources per green crystal. The 3rd round is red crystals. You can get something pathetic like 4 resources, or something huge like 250 resources. The last round is also red crystals. I actually don't know if you can call it a round. After the last round, the bubble collapses completely and anybody still inside is killed, losing 10% durability on all their items. If you climb up to the exit portal and escape before it collapses, you get an escape bonus. It is usually between 100-300 crystite and 100-500 resources.

The safest way to do the tornado melding bubble is to stay until the start of the red crystal stage. Once the red crystals spawn, head to the exit. You should have enough time, assuming you stayed near the ramp up to the portal. Once you have the encounter memorized, you can easily gain an extra 1-2 thousand resources with very little risk to yourself.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

xxEightxx posted:

There is a weird dynamic that happens for tornadoes and melding pockets, in that when you join, you are also joining some sort of "team" channel. I do not know if this is an unfinished mechanic, but I thought the point was that everyone inside would share. What purpose or function it actually serves I do not know.

It's an odd behavior of the chat servers. When you log in, you load in to Zone Chat and Army Chat if you're in one. You enter and leave squad chat when you join or leave one. When you enter a tornado pocket, you leave zone chat and join what the game says is "Team Chat" but should really say Zone Chat to make it less confusing. You are certainly not in a team. Everything there is treated as in New Eden. Whats yours is yours, whats theirs is theirs. It's one of the few places where being a loot whore gets rewarded.

If you die in there, you are going to suffer a durability hit so if you fall off the path to the exit, /logout as fast as you can to avoid that hit. You can safely turn around and log right back in and it'll spit you out in Copacabana.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I tried this out last week now that the beta is open (those fuckers didn't let me in for the entire year I was waiting for a closed beta key :colbert:) and it was sorta fun and it looks fantastic visually... but it got boring. So I decided to do some exploring and hopped, skipped, and jumped my way to the top of a mountain, where I found an achievement waiting. So I climbed a bunch of other mountains and got a bunch of other achievements and now I'm bored again.

One thing I really wish they would do is add more racing content because the one time trial they had was fun enough, but doing exactly the same route over and over is pretty boring. They also need a far bigger assortment of weapons because they're pretty boring right now. Judging by the pic in the OP, an actual quest line is a long way off so no point in waiting with anticipation. I just really need to find something to do that isn't what I've already been doing in that game the same way.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ViggyNash posted:

One thing I really wish they would do is add more racing content because the one time trial they had was fun enough, but doing exactly the same route over and over is pretty boring.

Are you aware of all of the racing routes? There's five of them; Sunken Harbor to Copacabana, Copacabana to Thump Dump, Thump Dump to Copacabana, Copacabana to Trans-Hub and finally Trans-Hub to Sunken Harbor. You can also create your own racing routes, but I haven't messed with them myself so I don't know exactly how those work.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Plus there's ARES missions, other world events, melding pockets, thumping, blackwater. There's plenty to do even in the small space we have to do it in currently.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Onean posted:

Are you aware of all of the racing routes? There's five of them; Sunken Harbor to Copacabana, Copacabana to Thump Dump, Thump Dump to Copacabana, Copacabana to Trans-Hub and finally Trans-Hub to Sunken Harbor. You can also create your own racing routes, but I haven't messed with them myself so I don't know exactly how those work.

I did not know that, though I have been to all those places. Maybe I just can't find them? :shrug:

permanoob posted:

Plus there's ARES missions, other world events, melding pockets, thumping, blackwater. There's plenty to do even in the small space we have to do it in currently.

I know about all that, but they don't change. You're always doing almost exactly the same thing in each case, just in different places and with different people.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

ViggyNash posted:

I know about all that, but they don't change. You're always doing almost exactly the same thing in each case, just in different places and with different people.

I get that. Are there games out there that have content that is changing all the time or enough that you don't notice that you're doing the same thing a lot?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

glug posted:

For reference, I started a couple of days before the open beta, have charged some repulsors, and I have 50,000 melded crystite still. You will have no other use for it, and your group will have more than enough if you're ready to make an event run. Usually guildies will be down for it, like last night, and someone will have way too much on them.
The repulsors in the north of New Eden are going to be changed to use melded crystite as well. So you'll need it for Baneclaw runs, and thumping that upper northern area.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ViggyNash posted:

I did not know that, though I have been to all those places. Maybe I just can't find them? :shrug:

Yeah, I don't remember exactly how I stumbled across it, but it's on one of the Firefall Wikis. If you look at the bottom there're pictures that point you towards the terminals. They look exactly like the one in Sunken Harbor so it's possible that you'd find them yourself, but it'd be nice if the events could pop up in the other places instead of always at Sunken Harbor.

It'd also be nice to not hear El Terromoto every god drat time you get near Sunken Harbor. I've beaten Mustang's records on 3 of the 5 routes, you can stop calling me a nobody now. :argh:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish there was a way to get more crafting spaces. I would even be up to buying an extra space or two for real money if there was a way.

EDIT: Firecats are absolutely ridiculous, they can't take damage, they don't deal much damage (unless against groups of weak enemies) but they're so loving cool. It's a pretty much a show-off suit.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 7, 2013

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
You know how games like EQ2 have systems in place that track faction and whatnot? You know what I'm talking about. You show up at a new city so nobody likes you. They treat you like garbage and generally give you a lot of attitude. After you do enough crap to build up faction with them, suddenly you stroll through town and people are following you through the streets offering to service you in the alley.

Terrormoto should be put on a system like that. Maybe he stops calling you an idiota or something. Maybe he compliments you on your ability to whip Mustangs record over and over again. Maybe he tells you about his hot sister, La Cuntaracha. I hear she's pretty crazy.

I'd probably just be happy if his audio was switched to the usual close proximity you get from the rest of the NPCs who say trivial things like 'Sup ese? once you've finished his race challenge.

Edit:

Jack Trades posted:

I wish there was a way to get more crafting spaces. I would even be up to buying an extra space or two for real money if there was a way.

EDIT: Firecats are absolutely ridiculous, they can't take damage, they don't deal much damage (unless against groups of weak enemies) but they're so loving cool. It's a pretty much a show-off suit.

You're in luck! That's exactly how it's going to happen in the next milestone patch. No word on how many red beans it's going to cost though.

Firecats non dreads can't take a hit until you start giving them fancy high level crafted armor. Firecats do a little damage to a lot of mobs who usually find they have nothing better to do than shoot back at the poor bastard who often finds himself flying up in the air with no cover.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 7, 2013

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

ViggyNash posted:

Please take this to PMs. If statements like this pop up on the internet, we're liable to get a half dozen Terremoto's, and one is two too many.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Inimicul posted:

Firecats non dreads can't take a hit until you start giving them fancy high level crafted armor. Firecats do a little damage to a lot of mobs who usually find they have nothing better to do than shoot back at the poor bastard who often finds himself flying up in the air with no cover.

Perhaps worth noting, if you really want a little more single target damage instead of all aoe all the time, you can use the plasma cannon from the standard assault frame instead of the firecat's thermal cannon.

Actually, you know what would be cool? A borderlands style kill one enemy to get back up thing when you go down, perhaps with some restriction like no primary weapon or abilities to ensure doing so is at least sort of challenging, instead of just sitting there slowly bleeding out and hoping someone comes to revive you.

Also, if they're really adding more crafting slots in an upcoming patch then they can just take my however much those will cost right now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

General Maximus posted:

Perhaps worth noting, if you really want a little more single target damage instead of all aoe all the time, you can use the plasma cannon from the standard assault frame instead of the firecat's thermal cannon.

Crater + immolate would like to have a word with you about damage. Also, firecat's best defense is mobility. Focus more on strafing in a circle around enemies, trying to flank them, or get behind them while hopping.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are the "go to" abilities to use on the Firecat? I'm kind of struggling to deal that much damage.

Right now I use Immolate, Flame Jets, Thermal Dash and Fire Bomb or whatever they're called.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Jack Trades posted:

What are the "go to" abilities to use on the Firecat? I'm kind of struggling to deal that much damage.

Right now I use Immolate, Flame Jets, Thermal Dash and Fire Bomb or whatever they're called.

I run with crater, Inferno dash and Immolate\overcharge if I am going for damage (I tend to swap in burn jets in place of immolate\overcharge for mountain hoping and exploring reasons). I don't use a HKM or secondary weapon for weight\mobility reasons.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
Got some Firefall cards to give away:

0x 80 Red Beans [timmmmaaaah, GodFish, Ralith, B3dl4m, Micr0chiP, Jack Trades, DangerDan, General Maximus]
0x super duper starter pack [feedtheid]
0x p cool starter pack [EvilDrWong]

The super duper comes with 100 pilot tokens (unlock 10 frames), a bike, some cosmetic poo poo, a copa teleporter, 250 red beans, permanent 10% XP boost & 5% squad XP boost, 8 3-hour resource boots, and 8-3 hour XP boosts.

The p cool comes with 20 tokens, a random cosmetic, 40 beanz, 5% permanent XP boost, and 2 each of the resource/xp boosts.

Please only ask for one of the starter packs if you don't already have a founder's/starter. I have no way of verifying this, but don't be a dick. For the 80 beans, greed is the rule. Post what you want, first come first served, 1 thing per person unless stuff goes unclaimed in which case I'll post what's left.

e: To save myself some trouble, I'll send these out tomorrow. Please PM me your e-mail address or post it here. I'll need to send you an image of the card.

e2: Okay, if your name is in the list, you should have the stuff. If your name is not on the list, gently caress you!

wellwhoopdedooo fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 9, 2013

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
I have no starter pack, wouldn't argue with super duper, or what's available.

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

I'd love to take the p cool starter off your hands!

And on Firecat chat, are Inferno Dash and Afterburner mutually exclusive or could I take the both of them to scoot around everywhere super fast? I've been agonizing over picking my first upgraded frame but if the Firecat will let me stay airborne for stupid amounts of time it'd make the decision a lot easier.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
I'll take an 80 redbeans, thanks! Email is my SA name @gmail.com

That free super dooper starter pack is a hell of a deal, thats the $100 one right?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'd love one of those 80 red beans, I'll pm you my email.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I'd be happy to take one of the 80 redbeans off your hands. I've had my eye on that 2 minute cooldown glider pad, not to mention the upcoming crafting bench extensions.

Email is SA name @gmail.com

EvilDrWong posted:

And on Firecat chat, are Inferno Dash and Afterburner mutually exclusive or could I take the both of them to scoot around everywhere super fast? I've been agonizing over picking my first upgraded frame but if the Firecat will let me stay airborne for stupid amounts of time it'd make the decision a lot easier.

I don't have a Firecat, but I know my Raptor lets me mix and match its and the stock Recon's skills freely. The only restriction seems to be that I can't equip the same skill twice.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 8, 2013

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I'll take 80 beans! [snip]
No spaces.
Hopefully that'll be enough for some new craftin slots. If it is, i'll probably still pass some money their way. Game owns. Specially doing anything with goons. Like thumpin with a maxed out squad thumper and watching pubbies get eatin alive by the boss waves. Brilliant.

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 9, 2013

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
If you still have them i would love some of those beans, i would get a hat in your honour :)
My mail is ...

Micr0chiP fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 9, 2013

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'd love some red beans if possible. My mail is admin(at)xiphias(dot)org. :)

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
I'd love to get a Beans thing! My e-mail is nordicpolitician (AT) gmail.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I'll happily take some of those beans off your hands. Email is rebelscum56 (at) gmail.

xxEightxx posted:

Crater + immolate would like to have a word with you about damage. Also, firecat's best defense is mobility. Focus more on strafing in a circle around enemies, trying to flank them, or get behind them while hopping.

I wasn't saying the damage was poor, just that it tends to be very spread out compared to some other frames that have abilities that do a lot of damage to a single enemy. Using the standard plasma cannon which has higher impact damage and a smaller splash radius would help slightly if you want more single target damage out of the frame, I think.

General Maximus fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 8, 2013

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I have a starter pack, but would love a spare 80 beans <3
glugsa at the gmails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I'd also love some beans if there are any left, imatreeca at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

• Locked thread