Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Pierzak posted:

Original oath post

I, Pierzak, add to my oath:

- GoGo Marlene + her pet robot (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm)
- 2 security spiderbots (who the gently caress knows)

I think the Spiderbots are GZG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

I think the Spiderbots are GZG.
Yes they are! Recon/Patrol Walker Drones, by Ground Zero Games. Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Fix, please get in touch with krushgroove to claim your prize!

Drop me a line: krushgroove169 at gmail :)

Achmed Jones posted:

Regarding winning sweet terrain, hot dog! I'll PM you after I've had a good think, krushgroove! Thanks!
Cool! I look forward to the challenge - I actually have some terrain I want to make a video of this week, so if you're quick I may be able to get yours done (or at least started) next week. I'm happy to go bigger but it has to be something I can put in a box to mail you of course. If you wanna hill, a cliff, a swamp/bog, crater, whatever, go a bit wild if you want. Buildings are fine too, up to a point :)

If anyone else has already contacted me and I haven't replied, my apologies, I'll be replying soon!

Icon Of Sin - I'm still actually waiting for your address to send your Games & Gears brushes to, and to be honest so are the other 3 prizewinners, since we send all the winner's info off at the same time each month. So PLEASE get in touch! I'm pretty sure you don't have PMs.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Yay, brushes! That's awesome, thank you.

I have to go train a guy for part of this month, so no themed group/mass of 10mm dudes this time. Instead...

I, IrvingWashington, oath to paint one Dead Terminator on Throne from Space Hulk by Games Workshop (28mm)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
What a nice treat to come home and find out that some brushes will be on their way to me! Many thanks, I think I shall gift one to my cousin, who also picked up the painting bug recently.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I JesusIsTehCool oath for the month of August this Games Workshop Drop Pod

If it doesn't look 100% the same color I apologize. This is a used model and it was painted a bright red, which was pretty hard to cover up. My air brush started acting up to, so I wasn't able to give it the full treatment I wanted to. Hopefully this is acceptable.

I am aiming for something kind of like this:

but maybe with the other recessed parts white to, but suggestions on how I should go about this is welcomed, maybe I will post in the painting and modeling thread for advice too.

If there is time I will do my other drop pod this month to, but hopefully I will be moving so I won't have time.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Welp, still waiting on my minis to come through in the post.. they'll get added on as an addition whenever they do turn up, so in the mean time, have a teeny tiny hive tyrant instead:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Epic Scale Tyranid Hive Tyrant, from Games Workshop, 6mm scale

edit: forgot to add the scale

enri fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 7, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Belated congratulations to the July winners! (trying hard not to let my jealousy take over)

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Egyptian-style Floating Lich! It's another Reaper Bones mini from the kickstarter, 28mm.

And now, I'm making an Oath Addition! I'm adding these (2) GW Space Hulk Terminators (28mm again) to my current oath! The one on the left is a crappy repair job, and the right is not assembled yet. No primer yet; that orange goop is Ace Hardware brand blu-tac.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
I, Red Herring, Oath to paint (1) Eldar Spiritseer for the month of August.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath 1 Lazar Grigsov, Khadoran Rifleman from Privateer Press.

'Gotta do this'style Additional oath 1 Stargate and 4 members of SG1 by Phoenix Icons Miniatures.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I finally got my new apartment in order, which means that I have a painting station for the first time since December! To celebrate this, I'm joining this years' oath thread for the first time with a small oath:

I, lilljonas, will paint 16 15mm samurai (made by Peter Pig) for the month of August

If all goes well and I remember how to paint, I'll add more later.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Harkano posted:

'Gotta do this'style Additional oath 1 Stargate and 4 members of SG1 by Phoenix Icons Miniatures.

Ok that's definitely going on my list of terrain that I want, holy poo poo. :stare:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the movie (but I enjoyed it) and never watched the TV show but drat, now I want a tiny Stargate.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Booley posted:

I oath 12 Fire Warriors (from games workshop) for August

Sorry, I think I was stricken blind by your avatar and must have missed your post. :v: Accepted.

neonchameleon posted:

I, Neonchameleon oath to paint these six minis before I go to sleep.

Booley posted:

Oath addition: One sentinel, also by GW

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath 1 Lazar Grigsov, Khadoran Rifleman from Privateer Press.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to Paint: One Space Marine Land Speeder and One Imperial Guard Chimera, made by Games Workshop.

PST posted:

I PST Oath to paint 1 Infinity Yu Jing Keisotsu (Corvus Belli), 3 BFG Ork Savage Gunships and 1 BFG Ork Kill Kroozer (Games Workshop).

Khadhul posted:

I Khadhul, Oath one Chaos Terminator Lord and one Tau Commander for the month of August

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I Avenger_Mullah oath this ugly rear end Yheteeee from Games Workshop

IrvingWashington posted:

I, IrvingWashington, oath to paint one Dead Terminator on Throne from Space Hulk by Games Workshop (28mm)

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one Epic Scale Tyranid Hive Tyrant, from Games Workshop, 6mm scale

Dr. Gargunza posted:

And now, I'm making an Oath Addition! I'm adding these (2) GW Space Hulk Terminators (28mm again) to my current oath!

Red Herring posted:

I, Red Herring, Oath to paint (1) Eldar Spiritseer for the month of August.

Harkano posted:

lilljonas posted:

I, lilljonas, will paint 16 15mm samurai (made by Peter Pig) for the month of August

Accepted.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I JesusIsTehCool oath for the month of August this Games Workshop Drop Pod

What's up with that blur that's going on there?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

Going for Speed Painting on this one.

Once I've got them all painted (including the Jaffa and the DHD I'll post them all in the Mini Painting thread.

Would it be best to quote all of these in my oath completed post just for completedness? (extra oath, speed painting etc.)?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What about mine?

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath a Cipher from Privateer Press for the month of August

Picture didn't come out super great, but it's a single coat of metallic dark gold on there. The reflections on the model are from my lamp.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Sole.Sushi posted:

What's up with that blur that's going on there?

Unsure, maybe its from the flash? Here is another picture, if you want I can add it to my original oath post.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 1 Line Kazak from Corvus Beli (Infinity) and 1 Mega Nob from Games Workshop :siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 9, 2013

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
^^^What's up, tovarishch? :ussr::respek::jihad:

Going to (re-)Oath one Line Kazak from Corvus Belli for the month of August:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Also, in the interests of full disclosure: nathonicus never received his corvus belli prize that I mailed last month. I used the cheapest possible shipping option, which didn't include tracking, and USPS has swallowed the figures whole. We have worked out a solution and he is getting a replacement prize. This month I will ship using some means that includes tracking, although obviously that will cost more. nathonicus has been super-cool about the whole thing and was all 'naw you don't gotta send me a replacement' but we have kind of insisted. So yeah that happened.

Well, nathonicus' mini finally showed up! Apparently due to a zip code error, it went to Alaska first. Elfin Cove, AK, specifically, a tiny settlement of 32 souls. No wonder it took a month!

I think I'm still gonna lean towards using tracking, though.

Also: krushgroove and I have decided that Space Hulk minis count as 40k for the purposes of the 40k drawing. This is based on the fact that lots of people buy them off eBay to add to their 40k armies, and we don't want to try to interrogate people just to find out how they're using their figures or something dumb like that.

Harkano posted:

Going for Speed Painting on this one.

Once I've got them all painted (including the Jaffa and the DHD I'll post them all in the Mini Painting thread.

Would it be best to quote all of these in my oath completed post just for completedness? (extra oath, speed painting etc.)?

Yes, please include everything in your oath complete post.

bhsman posted:

^^^What's up, tovarishch? :ussr::respek::jihad:

Going to (re-)Oath one Line Kazak from Corvus Belli for the month of August:

Re-oath? As far as I can tell, you completed a line kazak in June; your failed July oath was a veteran kazak. If I got that wrong, and this is a failed oath from this year's thread, you can (also) use this as a Savin' da Whales entry.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

Re-oath? As far as I can tell, you completed a line kazak in June; your failed July oath was a veteran kazak. If I got that wrong, and this is a failed oath from this year's thread, you can (also) use this as a Savin' da Whales entry.

It is this exact same mini from June http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=131812#post416712169

The mini went MIA on bhsman and only returned after a month of travel in the bottom of his backpack. He came back chipped and broken off at the ankles so bhsman stripped it, rehabilitated him and is trying to get him back in the game (you can't keep a good kazak down).

(Sorry to stick my nose in but the mini drama of this formerly missing mini is pretty funny/great).

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Yay, my brushes arrived today, thanks Krushgroove, Leperflesh and all the other people who make this thread happen :) I'm hoping to give them a test run this weekend if time allows!

edit: still no trollblood minis in the post, grr.. better turn up soon, I want to get started on the little git once he's added to my oath :(

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, oath to paint these 24 Panzergrenadiers, 3 StuH 42s, and 4 Marder Is from Battlefront in 15mm. Also relevant Awwww! a BABY!

Not sure if this meets the criteria for a themed group since they are all going into the same army. Also I'll be trying to complete the Detektuv's journal for the StuH 42s and Marder Is as they should come out all scratched and weathered.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, Oath 5 Tallarn Desert Raiders from Gamesworkshopt (although they are Forgeworld and Victoria Minis bits) for the month of August.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

It is this exact same mini from June http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=131812#post416712169

The mini went MIA on bhsman and only returned after a month of travel in the bottom of his backpack. He came back chipped and broken off at the ankles so bhsman stripped it, rehabilitated him and is trying to get him back in the game (you can't keep a good kazak down).

(Sorry to stick my nose in but the mini drama of this formerly missing mini is pretty funny/great).

OK. I have no idea about this game or if a line kazak is the same as a veteran kazak or not or whatever. Beep boop I am just a spreadsheet robot and <$june> didn't match <$august> but it did match <$july> and SYNTAX ERROR ABORT RETRY IGNORE?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
:siren: I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for August 3 Scavvy gangers from GW :siren:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath the dead fish from Games Workshop's Dreadfleet for August :11tea:

Beside a cultist for scale:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I just finished my bear, though it's not based yet. That's the easy one down, I'm planning OSL for the shaman. Purple OSL. :ohdear:

Wish me luck.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

1x Quad Gun and 1x Icarus Las Cannon

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Both guns and stands are speckled with rust.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Very nicely done. You nailed those lenses.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, first of that name, do hereby oath four Warhammer Quest heroes!

By Games Workshop, Although I think the dwarf may be from Talisman, which is also by Games Workshop. I just had a big box of heroes and monsters, so I'm not entirely sure whats from what.

Give me a break, its been 20 years!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

[b] I, Thundercloud, having hosed up my Oath last month by oathing too much stuff and giving myself too little time to do it, have decided to double down and Oath twice as much this month.
For the month of August I Oath 1 Chaos Aspiring Champion from Games Workshops WH40k line, 1 Aegis Defence Line from Games Workshops WH40k line, 1 converted Mk III boarding captain from Forgeworlds WH30k line (Cut and Swap), 39 Grel infantry from Dream Pod 9s Heavy Gear range in 1/144 scale, 3 Man-at-Arms Golems, 2 Constable Golems and 1 Marshall Golem from Dream Pod 9s Heavy Gear range in 1/144 scale for a total of a lot of stuff. Ignominy awaits![b]

Unconverted Forgeworld boarding captain. I have removed the hand from the combi weapon, put the combi weapon on the shield hand and added a brass etch Deathguard symbol to one of the shoulder pads, and as it is a GW model, used liquid greenstuff to fill some bubbles and mould slip.

After

Have I got photos and formats ok now, are there any other changes I need to make?

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 10, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Buffalo squeeze posted:

:siren: I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for August 3 Scavvy gangers from GW :siren:

Is this WH 40k? I'm thinking it might be Necromunda instead?

The Supreme Court posted:

:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath the dead fish from Games Workshop's Dreadfleet for August :11tea:

Hooray, finally someone oaths a dreadfleet model! I'm going with 1/2400 for the scale, which works out to 0.67mm.

Thundercloud posted:

Have I got photos and formats ok now, are there any other changes I need to make?

I'll need an "after" photo for your conversion; you can just take a closeup of the model now, or wait till you're done painting and take a closeup then. Your "before" photo is fine. This is for qualification for the quarterly Manifest's Best Conversion contest.

Otherwise I'll leave it to sole.sushi to approve your oath as usual.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I'll need an "after" photo for your conversion; you can just take a closeup of the model now, or wait till you're done painting and take a closeup then. Your "before" photo is fine. This is for qualification for the quarterly Manifest's Best Conversion contest.

Otherwise I'll leave it to sole.sushi to approve your oath as usual.

Done. Is the photo quality up to scratch now, as I'm a terrible photographer?

I'll also go back and retake pictures of some of the other stuff I've painted tomorrow and upload it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You're set. And I think your photos are looking a hell of a lot better: they're in focus, anyway, and of the photos in this thread that are problematic at least 80% are due to being out of focus. I think you've also got reasonable lighting, which is the other major issue, so good going dude!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:toot::siren: Oath addition! I enri, hereby oath to paint 1 trollblood pyre troll, made by Privateer Press, this is a 28mm scale model :siren::toot:

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Whales Saved!

As noted earlier, my attempt at a slow, steady drybrush shade up on the two big Terran capitals went horribly wrong. They now sport fetching white paintschemes instead. It helped get the Terran DN away from Giant Space Guppy territory, so may have been a blessing in disguise.

I shall be back later with a new oath. Spartan ships are big.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Alright folks, here's the July Oath Complete selection! https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5910611039869383297?authkey=CLDM1ZCr9LTrjQE

:siren: HOWEVER :siren: there is 1 photo missing, so please have a look through this and see if your Oath Complete photo is missing! Some of you submitted just one photo, so if your photo is missing then you're missing out on getting judged.

I'll give everyone a couple of days, then I have to let the judges have their say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin hereby oath 6 Khayazy Assasins, plus their Underboss, all for Warmachine from Privateer Press, 28 mm models

• Locked thread