Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
While I was living in the UK, having to constantly look for (often unreliable) streams pissed me off to no end. I'm glad to have access to Sky again, it's just much more convenient and fairly priced, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

While I was living in the UK, having to constantly look for (often unreliable) streams pissed me off to no end. I'm glad to have access to Sky again, it's just much more convenient and fairly priced, imo.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but this time they didn't even send me another offer and from what I'm reading, even with heavy discounts they expect you to pay 35€/month at least; nevermind their ads on TV where they try and pawn only the Bundesliga for loving 30€/month. I'm waiting for a good offer, I bet they'll roll one out before Christmas.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but this time they didn't even send me another offer and from what I'm reading, even with heavy discounts they expect you to pay 35€/month at least; nevermind their ads on TV where they try and pawn only the Bundesliga for loving 30€/month. I'm waiting for a good offer, I bet they'll roll one out before Christmas.

So you cancelled your sub, right? I think they only make you a better offer when your contract runs out.

In the end, everyone has to decide for themselves if Sky is worth it. For me it definitely is since it translates to dozens of hours of entertainment every month.

Anyway, here's Bayern's squad for the match against Rehden:

Neuer - Rafinha, Dante, van Buyten, Alaba - Schweinsteiger - Robben, Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri - Mandzukić

Subs: Starke - Thiago, Ribéry, Martínez, Kirchhoff, Boateng, Lahm

A B team should suffice :smug:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dunban posted:

So you cancelled your sub, right? I think they only make you a better offer when your contract runs out.

In the end, everyone has to decide for themselves if Sky is worth it. For me it definitely is since it translates to dozens of hours of entertainment every month.

Yea, I had a subscription since 2010 I think, but I always cancel it due August 1st. So far, every year they called/mailed me a good offer on July 31st (:v:) but this year, nothing. I am surviving on basic cable right now (:suicide:) but as I said, I absolutely agree with you, I'm just not willing to pay more than 300€/year.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCBayern/status/364444842153103360/photo/1

Rehden trying the St. Pauli approach.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Goddammit, Schalke does not deserve to be this lucky. gently caress.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Baelish posted:

Well I'm glad that I know that now!

Why are they called Borussia/Prussia if they're from NW Germany?

Westphalia, the region Dortmund is part of, was given to prussia in 1815 after the defeat of napoleon.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Well, so far this game is pretty much FirstCupRound.txt

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

Well, so far this game is pretty much FirstCupRound.txt

Facts that were proven so far:

Rafinha is poo poo
Van Buyten is poo poo

Shaq owns
Müller owns

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Football is dead

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This is a really good article and if there's any truth to it, gently caress Dresden even more than already.

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2013-08/dfb-pokal-hesse-tormann-neumuenster

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Katana Gomai posted:

This is a really good article and if there's any truth to it, gently caress Dresden even more than already.

Stuff like this always makes me wonder why soccer/football players don't have a union, like every league in North America does. It's precisely fly by night dummies like Dresden that that would help with.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Oliax posted:

Stuff like this always makes me wonder why soccer/football players don't have a union, like every league in North America does. It's precisely fly by night dummies like Dresden that that would help with.

They actually do (Vereinigung der Vertragsfußballspieler), but it's more of a support network for unemployed players. They're the ones who pay for the yearly training camp ("VDV-Camp") for players without a club, which I'm sure you've read about somewhere. Every player actually pays part of his salary into the VDV, but they are more of an insurance (they also help with some medical costs etc.) than a union.

*edit: 23 Retweets, I feel like a rockstar. :kamina:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 6, 2013

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Shaq owns

While this is true, he probably shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a corner kick.

Even though I hate Bayern very much, I really do like to watch Alaba play.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

Something like this doesn't even surprise me, the people in charge at the club seem to be all fools and/or cunts, it's sad. The amount of silly drama they produce is outstanding and pretty much the sole reason why Dynamo never got back anywhere near 1.Liga.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

elbkaida posted:

The amount of silly drama they produce is outstanding and pretty much the sole reason why Dynamo never got back anywhere near 1.Liga.
Just like back when you actually were in the 1. Liga. :corsair:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The only thing that changed at Dynamo during the last twenty years was scale.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Not really, some things have changed. Lately the focus on the youth teams has increased, they now play Bundesliga. Money is not thrown around as careless anymore on has-been players to gain short-term success. If there were not literal millions in stadium rent to pay every year, the financial situation would not look that bad, really.

But there is still this atmosphere of petty political infighting at the club that drives sane people away sooner or later and seems to attract only more idiocy. :bang:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Only tangiently Bundesliga-related, but Red Bull Salzburg was knocked out of the Champions League last night. Again. :laugh:

(Against Istanbul, who should, and probably will be, banned from competing. Go figure.)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

If someone wants a laugh, my thing hit reddit and the discussion is as dumb as you'd imagine:

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1jvh8s/which_club_should_i_follow_in_the_bundesliga_flow/

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I can't believe people are not 100% serious all the time on the internet! Ugh!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I take offense to /r/"soccer", personally.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's... beautiful.. :staredog:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

poo poo is so kawaii~

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

:siren:TIPP YOUR KICKS!!!:siren:

Don't forget the bonus questions!

*edit: Despite using "gently caress" three times, Zeit.de put my thing into their preview for this matchday. :3:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 9, 2013

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

*edit: Despite using "gently caress" three times, Zeit.de put my thing into their preview for this matchday. :3:

That's awesome. You're now kinda-sorta internet-famous!

Anyway, here we go again. So loving excited.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Kind of a shame our Kicker Liga only has 6 members, but it will be a fierce contest! Also, I'll implement a grace period until next week's game day for those of you who want to enter the Kicktipp and forgot to answer the bonus questions! Just post your answers here and I'll fill them in.

As for tonight's game, I put 1€ on Gladbach at 8.5:1 odds (and I bet on a 1:1 draw in the Kicktipp). Also I've got Stranzl and Kruse in my Kicker XI so go shoot the goals (but not too many), lads!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

Despite what reddit says it is really good and a marked improvement on the one created for the season before by whoever made that. Here we go!

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

My body is the ready for the New Age of Pep

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

That's awesome, congrats! Your chart is definitely better than many Bundesliga-related things - like that loving new song.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Weird listening to Peter Drury on commentary for ESPN. Feels like a Champions League game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Surprisingly decent ceremony, also lol at the fans whistling at Rauball

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

also lol at the fans whistling at Rauball
Let's be generous and say they just want the game to start already. ;)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
IT HAS BEGUN! :dance: :woop: :pcgaming:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

No Nordtveit No Party :colbert:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hooray, it's back.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Phwoar

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Nice.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh my, such a beauty from Rib and Rob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
God I hate them so much.

That was a pretty cool first goal of the season though.

• Locked thread