Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Let me rephrase, why it isn't a part of their actual logo, like how Inter's is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The one on the sleeve is the one that counts GD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Oh, Im not sure, but Juventus don't do that either.

Inter's just classless, I guess.

Hegav posted:

The one on the sleeve is the one that counts GD

What do you guys have anyway, 9? Is there something for 10?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I don't think it's part of Inters crest, they just don't use a textured star?

Gigi Galli posted:

What do you guys have anyway, 9? Is there something for 10?

Yeah 9 and for La Decima we'll have lots of tears of joy.

Anyways, Higuain scored his first goal for Napoli today and the stadium went mental. Good for him!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm completely amazed at the quality of strikers that have come into Serie A this transfer window.

Who do you support Hegav? Besides Real Madrid. I forgot.

Napoli looks dangerous, especially in those Camo kits. Noone will see them coming.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Only Madrid, I just catch some Serie A games sometimes. The combined TV deal have done wonders for the league it seems. And yeah, some absolutely class strikers that have joined Serie A this season. However I think Llorente might disappoint.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

I don't think it's part of Inters crest, they just don't use a textured star?

Yeah 9 and for La Decima we'll have lots of tears of joy.

Oh right I forgot about LA DECIMA, haha.

It actually is part of Inter's crest, check out their front page: http://www.inter.it/ They're the only team that I can think of that does that, though, in Italy or abroad. The crest before this one had the star on the inside of the logo. Im not entirely sure that the star above is "officially" part of it, but I don't see their logo without it anywhere.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

Only Madrid, I just catch some Serie A games sometimes. The combined TV deal have done wonders for the league it seems. And yeah, some absolutely class strikers that have joined Serie A this season. However I think Llorente might disappoint.

Both him and Tevez have looked knackered and unfit in the preseason. Juve's got plenty of time before the first match though, Im sure at least one of them will be up for it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I actually think Tevez is going to be the disappointment. He's got the number 10, and the shoes to fill. Not to mention he said he would have retired if noone would have picked him up. showing up overweight, realizing he's going to have to work harder will hurt him until the second half of the season.

Gomez and Higuain I'm sure are going to do fantastic. Rossi as well.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

It actually is part of Inter's crest, check out their front page: http://www.inter.it/ They're the only team that I can think of that does that, though, in Italy or abroad. The crest before this one had the star on the inside of the logo. Im not entirely sure that the star above is "officially" part of it, but I don't see their logo without it anywhere.

loving Inter. Get some class, geesh.

Gigi Galli posted:

Both him and Tevez have looked knackered and unfit in the preseason. Juve's got plenty of time before the first match though, Im sure at least one of them will be up for it.

I imagine, Juve also has insane fitness requirements. I read an interview with Grande Bendtner where Juve had told him to lose a million kilos and then hit the gym. Tevez will be class for Juve. You not feeling a bit nervous this season? The battle for 3rd with Fiorentina looks tough.

Soulex posted:

I actually think Tevez is going to be the disappointment. He's got the number 10, and the shoes to fill. Not to mention he said he would have retired if noone would have picked him up. showing up overweight, realizing he's going to have to work harder will hurt him until the second half of the season.

Tevez has proven he's a top top player though. Llorente has only been with an Athletic team that was build around him.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, it's why I asked. I know that some teams have it on their jerseys but that's all craziness.

I do have a serious question. Why is it so hard to find someone that sells kits with the TIM logo, or the European League/CL league patches and etc? I called the Fiorentina Store and they said they didn't do it. The only one I was able to get was a match ready Napoli kit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

I imagine, Juve also has insane fitness requirements. I read an interview with Grande Bendtner where Juve had told him to lose a million kilos and then hit the gym. Tevez will be class for Juve. You not feeling a bit nervous this season? The battle for 3rd with Fiorentina looks tough.

Yeah, Juventus is supposedly the most intense with regards to physical training. Pirlo said Milan was a joke in comparison. As for this season, yes, Im making GBS threads my pants. Milan is held together by bits of string and one key injury (Balotelli, Montolivo, De Jong) could cost several games. Im hoping Inter's garbage preseason form keeps going because once Mazzarri gets his poo poo together they could be in the fight too. And that's also ignoring Roma and Lazio, Roma finally having a non-joke or non-caretaker manager and Lazio just being fuckers and always being hard to beat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Yeah, it's why I asked. I know that some teams have it on their jerseys but that's all craziness.

I do have a serious question. Why is it so hard to find someone that sells kits with the TIM logo, or the European League/CL league patches and etc? I called the Fiorentina Store and they said they didn't do it. The only one I was able to get was a match ready Napoli kit.

No idea. The only place I've ever seen the Milan kit with both the CL badge and the league logo was at the store in Milano itself. I have one kit with the league badge but not the CL one, and another the tother way around. I imagine it has something to do with sponsorship or other money bullshit regarding copyrights and such.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hegav posted:

Tevez has proven he's a top top player though. Llorente has only been with an Athletic team that was build around him.

I'm not saying he's not, but it's a different ball game here, and it's why I think Gomez will do well, and I know Higuain will do well.

Part of me hope he excels. Don't get me wrong, he went from second string to starting in the club to beat in Serie A. But I also hope he fails, because Juventus is going to be hard to beat with the rest of the team alone. Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Barzagli, Buffon, Lichtensteiner, Pirlo...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

No idea. The only place I've ever seen the Milan kit with both the CL badge and the league logo was at the store in Milano itself. I have one kit with the league badge but not the CL one, and another the tother way around. I imagine it has something to do with sponsorship or other money bullshit regarding copyrights and such.

There has to be a way :ohdear:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So my team the Chicago Fire just got Arévalo Ríos on loan from Palermo with a option to sign, heard he's suppose to be good so anything I should know about him other than him being in the last world cup?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Conte is a really brilliant manager. He's also very strict, I imagine Juventus is a very taxing place for players.

I said when the transfer happened that Llorente wasn't the answer Juve needed. Tevez is a lot more the "right" player for their problem. They had too many "battering rams" as it was IMO.

Higauin is going to be loving amazing I hope

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So my team the Chicago Fire just got Arévalo Ríos on loan from Palermo with a option to sign, heard he's suppose to be good so anything I should know about him other than him being in the last world cup?

It's hard to say because he was more involved with off the field crap than anything else. Last christmas he let his soggiorno (basically a residency permit) expire and that got him in trouble with the club. He was subsequently benched and not even called up to the squad for a lot of games after that. Of course, Palermo got relegated so he probably dodged a bullet. I think it would be unfair to say that he was bad, when he did play he was decent, it was just a bad situation for him all around. Palermo are probably pretty happy to be dumping his salary and Chicago got a good deal with just the loan. I think he'll do well in MLS if he gets consistent playing time.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hope so, we need some guys to try to make the playoffs this year.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Supposedly, Arévalo forced his exit from Palermo because his Mexican wife had some problems with her residency in Italy and wanted out. He used to be good for Uruguay, but now he's been pretty poo poo. Maybe if he gets a good run of games... but probably not.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Regarding Juve's new strikers, I think Tevez will be fine. So far in the preseason friendlies he's looked really good on the ball and had good movement, I think all he's missing right now is more experience in the system, and time for the midfielders and wingbacks to develop an understanding with him. Tevez and Vucinic looked pretty good together against Inter, I think there's the potential for a good pairing there if Vucinic stays.

Llorente however looks like someone that hasn't had much first team football in a year, in addition to having the growing pains of fitting in at a new club. In the preseason he honestly looks a lot like Bendtner did last year. I think it'll take him some time to integrate into the squad, but I still think he'll be capable of thumping home a few goals while working his way up to speed though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hamsik extended his contract with Napoli until 2018 today. Glad to see it, good for the club and the league.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If Tevez stays motivated he will be amazing. This will be a high scoring season with all the awesome strikers coming in, cant wait!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Attention GD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nonononono Jesus loving Christ no. We haven't had a really good fullback since Maldini and it would be a loving crime to give him up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I will have a good laugh.

My Brother in law thinks Mexes is amazing, as well as the rest of the Milan defense.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Dude on the right turned 40 today. His recovery continues - he can start running next week. I hope he never retires!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I will have a good laugh.

My Brother in law thinks Mexes is amazing, as well as the rest of the Milan defense.

Mexes has sporadic form, he can be immense about 4 times a year. The rest of the time he's poo poo.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Was Taters posted:

Dude on the right turned 40 today. His recovery continues - he can start running next week. I hope he never retires!

Picture taken last week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Mexes has sporadic form, he can be immense about 4 times a year. The rest of the time he's poo poo.

I was impressed with his overhead kick from outside the box to score. Didn't expect that from him at all.

I really hope Fiorentina Sign a Keeper soon.

Also, Canepazzo, do you need something from Florence? I'll be there a week, and if you need something I can pick it up and get it to you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Don't give them enough money to bid for Santon

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I was impressed with his overhead kick from outside the box to score. Didn't expect that from him at all.

I really hope Fiorentina Sign a Keeper soon.

Also, Canepazzo, do you need something from Florence? I'll be there a week, and if you need something I can pick it up and get it to you.

Cheers mang, my parents are visiting so I got all the florentine supplies I need for now :xd:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ESPN had a story about Llorente today. It suggests that he won't be in the squad for the Supercoppa, and that Conte has had to give an individual tactics session with Llorente because he isn't happy with how Llorente has adapted so far. I don't like where this is headed, it'll turn into a narrative about how he's a flop, in crisis, etc. and will just add unnecessary pressure.

Juventus played their annual game against their primavera squad in a friendly today, and actually won, 4-1. It was a pretty laid back game, the best part was probably Bonucci getting torched by Josipovic for the primavera goal. The match was called 10 minutes early due to a pitch invasion of children looking for autographs shortly after Quagliarella scored the last goal of his Juve career.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

The match was called 10 minutes early due to a pitch invasion of children looking for autographs shortly after Quagliarella scored the last goal of his Juve career.

I really wish we'd keep Quags over Matri, but we'll probably lose both to mid-table BPL teams. :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm annoyed that both Quagliarella and Matri are likely to leave the league, Quagliarella especially. I love to watch him play.

Milan are still after a sub for Pazzini, and are supposedly looking at Borriello and Maxi Lopez, who both have already played at Milan. Allegri seems to be ready to stick with Petagna. I wouldn't mind Maxi Lopez but Allegri clearly doesn't like his style.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm annoyed that both Quagliarella and Matri are likely to leave the league, Quagliarella especially. I love to watch him play.

Milan are still after a sub for Pazzini, and are supposedly looking at Borriello and Maxi Lopez, who both have already played at Milan. Allegri seems to be ready to stick with Petagna. I wouldn't mind Maxi Lopez but Allegri clearly doesn't like his style.

You just need to convince Galliani to pony up for Quags, all of your problems will be solved.

(don't actually do this irl, I'd prefer you get a cloggier striker, I hear Rocchi is looking for work)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fiorentina has made an announcement saying that they are not needing any keepers. So Julio Cesar is off the table, and we have Lupatelli and Neto.

Not sure how I feel about this.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Similarly, Fiorentina announced in December that Rossi was not purchasable due to economic parameters, and in July they also made an announcement that Gomez was not viable for us due to how much he earns at Bayern ;)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fiorentina's first match if the season, against Catania, has been moved from Sunday the 25th to Monday the 26th due to the Europa League. Looks like Fiorentina requested it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Couple of dealings going on

Quagliarella seems closes to Sunderland out of all the teams that are looking at him, but there hasn't been a peep out of hte player himself so who knows if he'll actually accept any transfer. I imagine he'll want to get some playing time with the World Cup coming up.

Walter Gargano is headed to Parma according to La Gazzetta, after returning to Napoli from his Inter loan. Good signing for Parma if true.

Milan are close to selling Bakaye Traoré to Anderlecht, which would be good because he's awful but bad because he's our "Talismano Traoré". Milan never lost a league game that he played in.

Torino are trying to bag Emeghara from Siena; he'll almost certainly be in Serie A next term and I can't believe that only Torino are in for him so far. If Milan really needs a striker so bad he'd be a great low cost pick, in my opinion.

• Locked thread