Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Seltzer posted:

As an American I am confused by this, some one get a Napoli fan get in here and explain this to me.

It is an incredibly subtle Death to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oM-O_HTOGQ

Some real munters there

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Ha, I should've just googled
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/04/napoli-considering-cheerleaders-at-the-san-paolo/

quote:

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has indicated that he would consider introducing cheerleaders to the San Paolo.
Either they're saluting the spiritual homeland of cheerleading, or there's some Americans on the squad. American imperialism encroaching one pom pom at a time fuckers.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I am extremely pro cheerleader. Now we just need marching bands and instant replay and this soccer thing might just catch on.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vaginal culture posted:

I am extremely pro cheerleader. Now we just need marching bands and instant replay and this soccer thing might just catch on.

Fwiw they don't do this in the MLS and cheerleading no matter what you think about it makes entirely way more sense in American Football with all the breaks in action. They already do (near) instant replay and half time marching band battles rule.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Napoli has cheerleaders now, which is a retarded American development so it's only appropriate at the American flag is part of that idiotic display.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Napoli has cheerleaders now, which is a retarded American development so it's only appropriate at the American flag is part of that idiotic display.

Juve had the BetClic girls while they were their shirt sponsor, but the crassness associated with their current sponsor seems limited to cheesy commercials/YouTube videos of team members test driving Jeeps.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Seltzer posted:

Fwiw they don't do this in the MLS and cheerleading no matter what you think about it makes entirely way more sense in American Football with all the breaks in action. They already do (near) instant replay and half time marching band battles rule.

Are you saying MLS teams don't have cheerleaders? Houston and Dallas do and I'm sure the rest too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ayb posted:

Are you saying MLS teams don't have cheerleaders? Houston and Dallas do and I'm sure the rest too.

NYRB don't. You being sure the rest do means nothing. Also Galli aren't you American? That should be your flag.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 11, 2013

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Sounders don't either, or the Timbers. OTOH Blackburn does so you never know where that poo poo will crop up!

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Seltzer posted:

NYRB don't. You being sure the rest do means nothing. Also Galli aren't you American? That should be your flag.

Currently 5 teams do, Columbus used to but ended it. I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams add them because the league is a joke.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ayb posted:

Currently 5 teams do, Columbus used to but ended it. I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams add them because the league is a joke.

No more of a joke than most leagues. Also apparently the Napoli owner got the idea from Crystal Palace so enjoy that this season.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

This is a terribly messy routine with no coherent theme and I can make that criticism because I've watched the best movie of all time, Bring it On about 60 times.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ffs Carra

does anyone have that gif of Vermaelen bouncing off Drogba, god it owned

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

pissy smelliott posted:

ffs Carra

does anyone have that gif of Vermaelen bouncing off Drogba, god it owned

That was Traore. Can't find the gif though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

euroboy posted:

This picture is amazing

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

euroboy posted:

loL i always thought it was Vermaelen. It's so good, just bounces away

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
correct vermaelen pic

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

euroboy posted:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

yesss thank you

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sportingintelligence with a Premier League world map.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Scissor me timbers

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hegav posted:

Sportingintelligence with a Premier League world map.

This is how Ian Wright actually sees the world

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Was this posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EphFx_1Ar68

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

More gifs of footballers falling over please.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Water it daily and it will grow?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Best avatar-post combo (also was literally the face I made).

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmUiLxAnCQ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I live in America but I'm Italian.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

you're an actual italian person, right? not "italian" like your last name ends in I and your mom makes good pasta so you only watch serie a.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
No place for this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHJk1bRULw

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

you're an actual italian person, right? not "italian" like your last name ends in I and your mom makes good pasta so you only watch serie a.

Born and raised in Italy, left when I finished high school.

I like that Florenzi has decided to follow the Totti school of never pulling your socks up past your ankles.

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001
I never realized how huge Michael Bradley's head is until now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Goal of the year, that.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Holy loving poo poo that's an amazing goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Do you have American citizenship?

be nice wicka posted:

I live in Jersey.... this hits too close to home. Also put good pasta in quotes. It was an ongoing joke around here that our "Italian" (again in quotes because come on you're third generation bro) friend's moms actually made the worst food (it wasn't even a joke it was true). How can you gently caress up stuffed shells that bad!

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 11, 2013

• Locked thread