Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Original warcraft 3 one or Dota 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

cheerfullydrab posted:

I just want something that will knock me out and let me get some sleep. Will it do that? Still, even now haven't filled the prescription.

It'll drat sure put you to sleep. But if you for some reason try and stay up on it, or you take it and get wrapped up in a phone call, you might sort of sleep walk and do a whole bunch of strange things. I heard stories about people driving around on Ambien and waking up in a hotel two states over but you know drug stories. Worst I ever did was turn my TV up all the way and leave my fridge open.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Word on the street is that you can sleep eat on ambien. I take Benadryl

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

gleep gloop posted:

I heard stories about people driving around on Ambien and waking up in a hotel two states over but you know drug stories.

My doctor told me about a colleague of his that became awake washing up before a surgery.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There is also dioxylamine succinate, sold over the counter as a sleep aid, also found in Nyquil

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have a friend who would cook in his sleep while on Ambien. Like, elaborate and well-crafted, but usually disgusting meals. He'd usually eat every last scrap, and wake up to horrible indigestion and a kitchen that looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
See hearing all that stuff is what has kept me from trying it. A friend told me she knew someone who drove his car in his sleep and got a DUI. I guess I'll just try and think of all those stories as on par with the guy who did LSD and thought he was a glass of orange juice.

Patton Oswalt makes a decent pitch for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHnPg7QLH4

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Crow Jane posted:

I had a roommate who would play Civilization for 12 hours at a time while sitting on an exercise ball.

Did he have those zillions of tiny side abs
Those things make people look so comic book

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

No, because after his first bong hit he basically forgot he was supposed to be improving his posture and went into a weird, somewhat horizontal semi-fetal position.

He's really skinny though, which is surprising in someone with those and other fairly disgusting personal habits.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some of the guys in the EMS threads have probably seen cases like this and could tell us what they were wearing but I'm not sure I want to know that level of detail.

There was a whole loving thread about some midwestern diabetic who got poo poo-fused to his sofa.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/03/31/43-year-old-man-fused-to-chair-for-2-years-by-urine-and-feces-dies/

And when I say hopefully it was this guy I don't mean I hope that I found the right article in two seconds of searching, but rather I hope he is the only this has ever happened to.

Fake edit: I don't think this was the person that old thread was about. :cry:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

I have a friend who would cook in his sleep while on Ambien. Like, elaborate and well-crafted, but usually disgusting meals. He'd usually eat every last scrap, and wake up to horrible indigestion and a kitchen that looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

If you know masaokis in real life you owe it to humanity to share his cooking knowledge. Most if not all, of his youtubes have been taken down and the only remainders are reposts by goons.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cheerfullydrab posted:

See hearing all that stuff is what has kept me from trying it. A friend told me she knew someone who drove his car in his sleep and got a DUI. I guess I'll just try and think of all those stories as on par with the guy who did LSD and thought he was a glass of orange juice.

Patton Oswalt makes a decent pitch for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHnPg7QLH4

True fact[citation needed] the SA frontpage was mostly written by people on Ambien in the early years.

As far as accidents with prescription medications go I found it fairly compelling.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Crow Jane posted:

I had a roommate who would play Civilization for 12 hours at a time while sitting on an exercise ball.

Even if his body could be described as "gamer", that dude probably had hella core muscles.

e:

Crow Jane posted:

No, because after his first bong hit he basically forgot he was supposed to be improving his posture and went into a weird, somewhat horizontal semi-fetal position.

He's really skinny though, which is surprising in someone with those and other fairly disgusting personal habits.

Oh well nevermind. Still, those things are rad for strengthening back muscles and poo poo.

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Aug 10, 2013

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
What's happening with the Senior Woodchuck duck allegations? That whole brouhaha has been endlessly fascinating. I need closure, man.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You, uh, might need to elaborate on that a little.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Penguingo posted:

You, uh, might need to elaborate on that a little.

SS decided they don't like Senior Woodchuck so they used Timecube to compute that Senior Woodchuck is responsible for some weird blog about loving the characters of Ducktales and then some guy who has 0 posts and recently regged came and took credit for said blog and then everybody stopped caring.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

What's happening with the Senior Woodchuck duck allegations? That whole brouhaha has been endlessly fascinating. I need closure, man.

Discussion of hair sniffing and stuff isnt grey forum suitable because it might be viewed as mod sass, there's a little corner of this site where things are more free and the named party refutes the malicious duck tales rumours in a thread there.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Edit: Nevermind, then.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Oh, you mean the duck stuff that was turned up in the PYF Fanart thread?

I really don't understand why enough people think that he's some weird sexual deviant that the first result in google is this:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Do you think Jeffrey Dahmer would have been okay if he'd just had more hugs when he was a kid?

Mudge Coleman
Oct 30, 2011
Is there a snapchat thread in this forum? Because that would be cool, but I'm too much of a goober to make it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

syscall girl posted:

If you know masaokis in real life you owe it to humanity to share his cooking knowledge. Most if not all, of his youtubes have been taken down and the only remainders are reposts by goons.

Unless he also put on a fat white guy suit and turned Canadian in his sleep, my friend is not Masaokis. You know I'd make a thread about it if he were, though.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:ninja: edit ^^^ fair enough. Still waiting to find someone who can explain that guy.

Senior Woodchuck's blog is really boring and mostly about comic books.

I think he likes Ducktales or something and as a grade-schooler in the 80s I would probably toss my number one dime into the voting hat for him as top mod.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Went to a dinner party last night and someones kids came up and showed me their bad rear end Hello Kitty tattoos

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Mudge Coleman posted:

Is there a snapchat thread in this forum? Because that would be cool, but I'm too much of a goober to make it.

I would be into this because I am really good at snapchat (if you like getting pictures of cats and selfies taken while on the toilet).

Also, I loving love ambien, both for the fact that it helps me sleep like nothing else, and for the fact that taking it on an empty stomach and staying up (rather than immediately turning the lights out and getting into bed, which is what you are supposed to do) is super fun. Most trouble I've ever gotten into is sending a bunch of incoherent text messages, but if you are worried, lock up your keys and make sure there's someone who will notice if you get out of bed in the middle of the night and start loving poo poo up.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This is more of a least favourite thing, but what is up with boiled potatoes? Why do people think that weird stuff which is solid and then instantly mush, wrapped in a think skin entirely at odds with the texture of the insides, is anything but the most horrible lovely thing? Please explain.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MooCowlian posted:

This is more of a least favourite thing, but what is up with boiled potatoes? Why do people think that weird stuff which is solid and then instantly mush, wrapped in a think skin entirely at odds with the texture of the insides, is anything but the most horrible lovely thing? Please explain.

Potatoes are a vehicle for good flavors like butter, also they are amazing in terms of food energy produced per acre farmed.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MooCowlian posted:

Are you some sort of pod person or something? Potatoes rule and boiling them is the best way to get a firm yet chewable texture that is perfect for potato salad.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Foods ruined for me by primary school dinners; Mashed potatoes, rice pudding and any curry w/ lemongrass.

What foods were ruined for life in your childhoods 'yf?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

^^^ Cantaloupe. My mom cut one open for breakfast and left half on the counter while she went to do something else. I wandered into the kitchen a little while later to find it absolutely swarmed by huge black ants.

I don't really like any vegetable when it's boiled. Most everything tastes better sauteed, roasted, or grilled.

I think I got hit on earlier by a very soft-spoken dude who asked me if I knew where he could buy some cotton candy. I was mildly stoned and had to ask him to repeat himself a few times and the whole thing was really awkward. I was walking through a residential neighborhood at least two miles from anything remotely cotton candy related. He then told me I looked like a photographer. It was very strange.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Aug 11, 2013

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

This is more of a least favourite thing, but what is up with boiled potatoes?

They are a low-effort, low-cost starch you use as an ingredient, or as a compliment to a more flavorful dish.

Why are you so angry at something so inoffensive?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

jalopybrown posted:

Foods ruined for me by primary school dinners; Mashed potatoes, rice pudding and any curry w/ lemongrass.

Prunes.

They forced me to eat them at primary school, and they made me throw up.

Just about everything else I've learnt to love on my own, and I really miss potatoes - I'm diabetic and thus avoid starchy carbs that will just give me a horrible carb loading for a few hours (although I cheat with a little potato salad).

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's not like they're frozen pre-toast rectangles of bread.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

Seriously, MooCowlian, what's with all this disproportionate rage? Just because you can't boil potatoes or you boil bad potatoes doesn't given you the right to storm into this thread, effing and blinding, cursing a staple starch without which innumerable people's lives would be nutritionally hampered. It's disgusting, and inappropriate.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jalopybrown posted:

When I was 8 I ate a habanero from my dad's garden. My mouth was on fire for the entire night, and my hands were burning after I got pepper juice on them. Ever since then I hated moderately hot peppers.

Also echoing the dislike for boiled veggies. Sauteed, on the other hand? :getin:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cease to Hope posted:

I can accept that they're a good food for filler, and cheap. I can't accept that they taste nice (or that they really have a taste at all), nor that the texture is in any way enjoyable. Mostly they just make me gag. I'm not really that angry, just curious about what there is to like and why I'm so wrong.

Penguingo posted:

Seriously, MooCowlian, what's with all this disproportionate rage? Just because you can't boil potatoes or you boil bad potatoes doesn't given you the right to storm into this thread, effing and blinding, cursing a staple starch without which innumerable people's lives would be nutritionally hampered. It's disgusting, and inappropriate.

I was forced to eat them very week for years, and now I shall dedicate my life to eradicating the scourge that is potatoes that aren't chips or crisps. You may have roast potatoes, as long as they've got the crispy outsides rather than being weird mush in leather containers, like school cafeterias.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I bought some Betty Crocker instant mashed potatoes because I hate myself; was pleasantly surprised that they weren't terrible.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

I was forced to eat them very week for years, and now I shall dedicate my life to eradicating the scourge that is potatoes that aren't chips or crisps. You may have roast potatoes, as long as they've got the crispy outsides rather than being weird mush in leather containers, like school cafeterias.

Can I have home fries? I really like home fries.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I wasn't vegan growing up so the only childhood recipes i can even eat are my mom's chili and my dad's marinara, which are both sick as all hell.

If i had hated potatoes my childhood would have been a complete nightmare, they were one of our most important cost saving measures.

Boiling broccoli is something that must be done with the utmost caution, because god soggy broccoli is depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Potatoes are loving awesome and anyone who disagrees is a big dumb poopy fart head :colbert:

Say what you will about Apple products, but I accidentally washed my old iPod Nano earlier today. Saw it sitting at the bottom of the washing machine drum after I pulled my clothes out and did a facepalm at how stupid I was to forget it was still in my pants pocket. I let it dry for a couple of hours, connected it to my computer and holy poo poo, nothing is wrong with it. iPods are pretty drat rugged. I knew there was a reason I still use it, even though my phone has taken over as my main music player.

• Locked thread