Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Blendy posted:

Please no meat touching.

I'm the Grubermeister!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Would anyone be willing to resize/optimize this for avatar purposes?

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Guess what comes on tonight bitches?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

CannedMacabre posted:

Guess what comes on tonight bitches?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Invisible Ted posted:

Would anyone be willing to resize/optimize this for avatar purposes?

I gave it a try.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 19:35 on Aug 11, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Weird Al from a fake yogurt commercial.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Kennel posted:

I gave it a try.

Thanks a bunch!

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

notaspy posted:

Ainsley Harriott doesn't have a generic west indian accent so the whole thing is a black guy acting the way white people expect him too, which was all over the place in the 80's uk.

I'm not trying to drag this out here but I'm actually confused. What about his actions suggests that he's affecting being a west indian man (does that mean Native American?)? Calypso is caribbean, right?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Literally Esoteric posted:

I'm not trying to drag this out here but I'm actually confused. What about his actions suggests that he's affecting being a west indian man (does that mean Native American?)? Calypso is caribbean, right?

West Indian as in someone from the West Indies; i.e the Caribbean.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Lifeforce

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Florida State Quarterback Jameis Winston

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Do people use GoonCam to make gifs? If so, I have some basic questions. The proper procedure is you 'record', 'edit' and then 'convert', yes? The recording and editing thing works on my end, but whenever I tried to convert, the program always stopped working. I didn't change any settings or do much besides raw recording and some frames deleting.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

toanoradian posted:

Do people use GoonCam to make gifs? If so, I have some basic questions. The proper procedure is you 'record', 'edit' and then 'convert', yes? The recording and editing thing works on my end, but whenever I tried to convert, the program always stopped working. I didn't change any settings or do much besides raw recording and some frames deleting.

I tried it a few times and yeah it has crashed on conversion every time for me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Synchronized shutter speed.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Say Nothing posted:

That is unnerving.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Florida State Quarterback Jameis Winston

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

My all time favorite. Cameos by Clipboard Jesus and a stoned out of his mind Atari Bigby.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
oops, wrong thread.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Say Nothing posted:

Got a source? I want to see if that video shows it taking off with still rotors.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Say Nothing posted:

I wonder how many facebook posts feature this video or gif with a bogus story about "the military's top-secret anti-gravity technology."

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Admiral Bosch posted:

Got a source? I want to see if that video shows it taking off with still rotors.

The effect would kick in once the rotors got up to speed. They'd visibly move before that.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Admiral Bosch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxddi8m_mzk
No taking off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Seeing the chopper turn around and fly about is even more eerie, whether you know the camera trick or not.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How many 'Voted down, fake!' comments can you spot?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I've been on a "How It's Made" kick recently, here's some GIFs:

Gloves

Ice Creams

Industrial automation is mesmerising :allears:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Synchronized shutter speed was also the trick used for a Brusspup illusion:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Pope Guilty posted:

The effect would kick in once the rotors got up to speed. They'd visibly move before that.

Not saying the rotors don't have to accelerate up to speed or anything, but my understanding is that when in operation the rotor spins at a set rpm, with only the varying angle of the blade causing lift. So the video could show a fully spun up rotor lifting the helicopter off the ground while appearing to be still so long as the shutter speed was properly synchronized. Obviously if they showed the start up from the moment they powered the thing up it would be that much harder to synchronize the shutter/rotor speeds.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

cheese-cube posted:

I've been on a "How It's Made" kick recently, here's some GIFs:

Gloves

Ice Creams

Industrial automation is mesmerising :allears:

I love this show but holy crap every time I watch it I get so god damned tired I wanna take a nap.

I think if I worked in a factory I'd probably fall asleep and end up as a cautionary warning sign somewhere.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

It makes it look like a lovely Arma mod or something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I love this show but holy crap every time I watch it I get so god damned tired I wanna take a nap.

I think if I worked in a factory I'd probably fall asleep and end up as a cautionary warning sign somewhere.

I actually watch it to help me sleep at night. Great show, and in a strange way very meditative.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We all know this scene but it's still hilarious to see:

It's Titanic for those that don't recognize.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Fries, I am so done with you. Just ugh.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

toanoradian posted:

peepsalot posted:

I tried it a few times and yeah it has crashed on conversion every time for me.

I'm not sure why this isn't documented but the converter requires a DLL file to work (and the GUI crashes if it's missing). vcomp100.dll, not sure where you're normally meant to get it from, but if you find that file and put it in the same directory as Gooncam it'll work.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

wicked soul grind to royale

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

univbee posted:

I'm not sure why this isn't documented but the converter requires a DLL file to work (and the GUI crashes if it's missing). vcomp100.dll, not sure where you're normally meant to get it from, but if you find that file and put it in the same directory as Gooncam it'll work.

This is strange. I'm using version of imagemagick that should have everything statically linked into convert.exe. But it looks like there actually is a dependency on this dll. I'm going to upload updated version including it and some minor fixes tomorrow.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Got bored, played around with gifcam a bit. From a Taiwanese music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSuiGubCHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Pope Guilty posted:

They visibly move in the video, too. The FCS is trying to keep the rotor at 100%, but it's going to float around whatever that value is by a couple of rpm or so, so you see the steady-looking blades appear to drift back and forth slight.

Inspector 34 posted:

Not saying the rotors don't have to accelerate up to speed or anything, but my understanding is that when in operation the rotor spins at a set rpm, with only the varying angle of the blade causing lift. So the video could show a fully spun up rotor lifting the helicopter off the ground while appearing to be still so long as the shutter speed was properly synchronized.

Yeah, that.

• Locked thread