Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's really good and it's full of action and intrigue

read the book

prefect posted:

In response to the controversy and criticism, commentators defending the game have noted that large breasts have been a recurring theme in earlier Vanillaware titles as traditional and cultural symbolism for life and maternal fertility, and that the character art design is not necessarily something that is intended to objectify women; these motifs are seen in Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire, where characters associated with necromancy are depicted with large breasts, akin to the sorceress from Dragon's Crown who is able to summon skeletons by raising them from the dead.

so what they're saying is that because he draws them like that all the time that his over sexualized art style is not only permissible and good, but symbolic? sheesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

prefect posted:

In response to the controversy and criticism, commentators defending the game have noted that large breasts have been a recurring theme in earlier Vanillaware titles as traditional and cultural symbolism for life and maternal fertility, and that the character art design is not necessarily something that is intended to objectify women; these motifs are seen in Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire, where characters associated with necromancy are depicted with large breasts, akin to the sorceress from Dragon's Crown who is able to summon skeletons by raising them from the dead.

i dont know art, but i know what i like

and i likes me some huge tits

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i dont know art, but i know what i like

and i likes me some huge tits

i'm glad you could understand the symbolism of giant breasts meaning that they were giving maternal warmth and life to the world apparently not everyone ""gets"" my super deep art style

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

prefect posted:

jesus

burn it all down

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

this is perfect

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

prefect posted:

felonious assault with a sprightly bonelord

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
(the skeletons have tits also)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
dragon commander has a female skeleton bartender with pumpkins stuffed in her shirt because loving lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hubris.height posted:

i'm glad you could understand the symbolism of giant breasts meaning that they were giving maternal warmth and life to the world apparently not everyone ""gets"" my super deep art style

i really hope she doesn't nurse the skeletons to life

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

prefect posted:

i really hope she doesn't nurse the skeletons to life

p much:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

daymn barons you gonna introduce us to m'lady?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

daymn barons you gonna introduce us to m'lady?

BARONS BUTT STAFFER

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ANATOMY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

on the plus side, this kind of thing makes me feel like way less of a sexual deviant. i don't even like women who are all deformed like that :smuggo:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
chicks with broken backs are sexy

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

whats up with the skeletons hand on the sword

thats an odd angle

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no joke everytime you open the equipment screen that picture comes up. my buddy got mad at me because i laughed everytime it came up and called me immature

i was like 'mother fucker if you think that not laughing at that poo poo is mature you've got this all backwards'

'oh grow up' pttth. terrible, terrible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

whats up with the skeletons hand on the sword

thats an odd angle

i don't think the part of the arm that's holding the sword is attached to the rest of the skeleton

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cold on a Cob posted:

BARONS BUTT STAFFER

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

so what they're saying is that because he draws them like that all the time that his over sexualized art style is not only permissible and good, but symbolic? sheesh.

The Dreamcast version of Soulcalibur sold in excess of one million copies.[25] It won the 1999 E3 Game Critics Award for "Best Fighting Game" and the 2000 Interactive Achievement Award for "Console Game of the Year".[citation needed]
The game received the perfect 10/10 scores from GameSpot[21] and IGN,[23] and being the second game ever to get a perfect 40/40 by Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (the first being The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).[17] As of 2009, game review aggregator website GameRankings has the Dreamcast version ranked as the fifth best-reviewed game of all time, as well as being the highest scoring title in the fighting game genre.[9]
Soulcalibur was named as the number one best Dreamcast game by Game Informer.[26] In 2009, IGN ranked Soulcalibur as the fifth best Dreamcast game,[27] while ScrewAttack ranked it sixth.[28] GamesRadar named Soulcalibur the best Dreamcast game of all time on their list.[29]
In addition, it is often considered to be one of the greatest games on all platforms, including:
Game Informer in 2001: "The Top 100 Games of All Time" (74th place).[30]
IGN in 2003: "Top 100 Games" (38th place).[31]
IGN in 2005: "Top 100 Games" (43rd place).[32]
IGN in 2006: "Readers' Choice The Top 100 Games Ever" (sixth place).[33]
Electronic Gaming Monthly in 2006: "The Greatest 200 Videogames of Their Time" (22nd place).[34]
ScrewAttack in 2007: "Top Ten Fighting Games" (seventh place).[35]
Cinema Blend in 2008: "Top 10 Best Fighting Games of All Time" (fourth place).[36]
UGO.com in 2010: "Top 25 Fighting Games of All Time" (second place).[37]
Complex in 2011: "The 50 Best Fighting Games of All Time" (fifth place).[38]
In 2005, GameSpot ranked Soulcalibur as the sixth best launch title yet, calling it "not only one of the greatest launch games or one of the greatest fighters, but one of the greatest games ever. Period."[39]

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

syscall girl posted:

The Dreamcast version of Soulcalibur sold in excess of one million copies.[25] It won the 1999 E3 Game Critics Award for "Best Fighting Game" and the 2000 Interactive Achievement Award for "Console Game of the Year".[citation needed]
The game received the perfect 10/10 scores from GameSpot[21] and IGN,[23] and being the second game ever to get a perfect 40/40 by Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (the first being The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).[17] As of 2009, game review aggregator website GameRankings has the Dreamcast version ranked as the fifth best-reviewed game of all time, as well as being the highest scoring title in the fighting game genre.[9]
Soulcalibur was named as the number one best Dreamcast game by Game Informer.[26] In 2009, IGN ranked Soulcalibur as the fifth best Dreamcast game,[27] while ScrewAttack ranked it sixth.[28] GamesRadar named Soulcalibur the best Dreamcast game of all time on their list.[29]
In addition, it is often considered to be one of the greatest games on all platforms, including:
Game Informer in 2001: "The Top 100 Games of All Time" (74th place).[30]
IGN in 2003: "Top 100 Games" (38th place).[31]
IGN in 2005: "Top 100 Games" (43rd place).[32]
IGN in 2006: "Readers' Choice The Top 100 Games Ever" (sixth place).[33]
Electronic Gaming Monthly in 2006: "The Greatest 200 Videogames of Their Time" (22nd place).[34]
ScrewAttack in 2007: "Top Ten Fighting Games" (seventh place).[35]
Cinema Blend in 2008: "Top 10 Best Fighting Games of All Time" (fourth place).[36]
UGO.com in 2010: "Top 25 Fighting Games of All Time" (second place).[37]
Complex in 2011: "The 50 Best Fighting Games of All Time" (fifth place).[38]
In 2005, GameSpot ranked Soulcalibur as the sixth best launch title yet, calling it "not only one of the greatest launch games or one of the greatest fighters, but one of the greatest games ever. Period."[39]

the legend will never die

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i played a lot of sc2 in arcades as a childe/teen

but we knew the art wasn't symbolic, them was just some semi nude boirds

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

i played a lot of sc2 in arcades as a childe/teen

but we knew the art wasn't symbolic, them was just some semi nude boirds

yeah same

the progression over the course of the series was really something though

once your punchman game starts letting you edit costumes you know it's like that joke about the terrible hunter who gets raped by the bear he is trying to kill and he just keeps going back failing miserably and finally the bear says to him "this isn't really about the hunting for you, is it?"

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Still doing other wikis?

quote:

There's a definite homo-erotic allure going on within Humungus' gang. He notably has two castes of warrior which he calls out in the film: "gayboy-berserkers" and "smegma-crazies". Whilst the former is self-explanatory; the latter, which references "smegma", is the word for a combination of exfoliated (shed) epithelial cells, transudated skin oils, and moisture. It occurs in both male and female genitalia. In males, smegma helps keep the glans moist and facilitates sexual intercourse by acting as a lubrican

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Some of the implementation techniques of formal static analysis include:
[...]
* Use of assertions in program code as first suggested by Hoare logic. There is tool support for some programming languages (e.g., the SPARK programming language (a subset of Ada) and the Java Modeling Language — JML — using ESC/Java and ESC/Java2, Frama-c WP (weakest precondition) plugin for the C language extended with ACSL (ANSI/ISO C Specification Language) ).

too many loving parens

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

48-6-48?
ha, only if shes a skeleton witch

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

FSF artwork of the gnu (GNU mascot) and the penguin Tux (Linux kernel mascot) representing their viewpoint on "GNU/Linux". The GNU General Public License (GPL), which is used by the Linux kernel as well as by most GNU software, armors both characters.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the gnu of course being drawn four times the size of the penguin to emphasise rms's view that a couple of commandline programs are more important that you know, the actual os that runs them

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
not that I would like to but if I had any interactions with RMS I'd be sure to just call it Linux as often and loudly as possible

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

not that I would like to but if I had any interactions with RMS I'd be sure to just call it Linux as often and loudly as possible

make sure to say it as lie-nux

this angers the nerd

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i'd ask him if he thinks throwing a 35 year tantrum over a printer driver was a healthy way to use up one's life

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

In March 1994, a teenager named Peter Eastman Jr. from Carpinteria, California legally changed his name to "Trout Fishing in America". He now teaches English in Japan.[2]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

theflyingexecutive posted:

48-6-48?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

man hands

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

48-6-48?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
so you girlfriend rolls a skelly
reading gothic lit by shelley

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

but Shelley ain't motorboated by the gape of her skelly

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
highly un-worthless http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linguistic_onomatopoeias#Burp

röyh bøvs rülps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In Hebrew, greps

:laugh:

also no russian on that list, shameful