Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

GenericRX posted:

Who were you before the namechange, I don't remember

HATES CURES TRANNYS and gleep glop before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
And then Champion, the Drinker before that.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Brother Jonathan posted:

And then Champion, the Drinker before that.

It's funny people PM me sometimes asking about Mr. Show and I have to tell them I never watched it, before I got the name. Back when admins would do name change threads I posted in one and came out as gleep glop. I have the extra o now because the guy who put together the dick art book GiP sold spelled it wrong.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Gleep gloop flows well

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Penguingo posted:

Same. I really like cumin on chips - when you offer them round no-one can place the taste so they go back for more.

Is this a *whoosh* for you or an ironic *whoosh* for me?

VVV Ok. Somehow that makes me feel better.

VanSandman has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Aug 13, 2013

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

VanSandman posted:

Is this a *whoosh* for you or an ironic *whoosh* for me?

You're the one being whooshed today.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

I have a 160GB iPod with an actual hard drive I use because I have poor people cell phone service. (Sprint. Contract up on the 2nd praise Allah)

sprint owns I have LTE in the middle of nowhere where no other company has it and actual unlimited data

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

gleep gloop posted:

the dick art book.

I hate to ask but...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FedoraDefender420 posted:

I hate to ask but...

Its literally a book of dicks that were drawn in military buildings and whatnot. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

VanSandman posted:

My dad just invented a good dish. Take some hushpuppy mix, bacon, and a bunch of okra, mix em up in a pan, bake, add butter and eat. Delicious.

That's not his invention. It's breaded okra, and it is delicious.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Has anyone here watched Deadwood? I just watched the pilot, and despite it hitting just about every button of things I enjoy, I'm not sure I'm into it. Worth continuing with?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Has anyone here watched Deadwood? I just watched the pilot, and despite it hitting just about every button of things I enjoy, I'm not sure I'm into it. Worth continuing with?

Friends and I agree, stop watching after the first season. It just gets silly from there.

VVVVV Fair enough.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Aug 14, 2013

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

VendaGoat posted:

Friends and I agree, stop watching after the first season. It just gets silly from there.

Ignore this guy.

Listen to this guy instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSvYk7QGH8

It's the characters, man. The characters keep developing in later seasons. The first season was made to be good TV. The later seasons were made to be good art.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Summertime ~*~*~

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Summertime ~*~*~

I love Summer, but I am so ready for Fall to come. Sweaters, pumpkin spice, and HALLO-GODDAMN-WEEN.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I love Summer, but I am so ready for Fall to come. Sweaters, pumpkin spice, and HALLO-GODDAMN-WEEN.
Autumn is by far my favorite season. The things you mentioned are all awesome, and I'll add farmer's market apples and apple cider*, boots, beautiful skies, and finally sleeping under a comforter again to that list.

*Hot or cold apple cider mixed with whiskey, dark rum, or bison grass vodka is the drink of the gods.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
Allergies are the only downside to fall but it's sure as hell better than it being 90-110 degrees all the time forever.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Then we need a summer vacation with fall weather

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

NienNunb posted:

Pumpkin spice coffee is coming back to Wawa August 24th, which is stupid loving early. I'm sure it's going to be run into the ground this year.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's kind of funny the way taste can be so tied to the time of year. Pumpkin spice anything seems wrong before October, and I can't imagine drinking lemonade or eating popsicles in winter. And even though I prefer red wine, I almost exclusively drink white during daylight savings time.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Apparently a friend of mine got their hands on a bottle of Southern Tier's Pumking, the best of all pumpkin beers, early last week. Way too early for pumpkin beers.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Thanksgiving is the King of Holidays because nothing beats getting shitfaced on everything and torpored on potatoes with family and neighbors with no other pretext other than unalloyed gluttony.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Crow Jane posted:

*Hot or cold apple cider mixed with whiskey, dark rum, or bison grass vodka is the drink of the gods.

I've never considered mixing bison grass since it's just so loving good straight. Maybe I'll give this a try this fall.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Part of the reason pumpkin stuff is showing up early is because the harvest is going to be ridiculous this year because the entire eastern US has been cool and rainy non stop.

Prices of watermelon, squash, peppers, tomatoes, all the summer plants, are all very low because they are extremely abundant.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tulip posted:

Thanksgiving is the King of Holidays because nothing beats getting shitfaced on everything and torpored on potatoes with family and neighbors with no other pretext other than unalloyed gluttony.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is bitching about how the Christmas shopping ads have been playing for over a month already. It's one of the few things I and all of my relatives can agree on. And cranberry sauce, straight from the can as God intended.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

paragon1 posted:

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is bitching about how the Christmas shopping ads have been playing for over a month already. It's one of the few things I and all of my relatives can agree on.

I went to Big Lots the other day, and in the seasonal section they already had about 50% Halloween stuff, 25% Thanksgiving/Fall Harvest stuff, and 25% Christmas stuff out on display. The cold external rear end in a top hat in me bitches that it's way too early to have even Halloween stuff out, but I'll be goddamned if my internal child isn't squealing with delight that all of these things are just around the corner :neckbeard:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've never considered mixing bison grass since it's just so loving good straight. Maybe I'll give this a try this fall.

It is fantastic straight, but when mixed with good cider, some kind of alchemy happens and it basically becomes fall in a glass (or mug). If you have it hot, stir with a cinnamon stick for maximum euphoria.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tulip posted:

Yeah sure if you enjoy celebrating the wanton genocide of indigenous civilizations you MONSTER.

Oh wait this isn't the can of worms thread.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Crow Jane posted:

Make your apple cider with good apple juice, honey, lemon rounds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and maybe a little star anise if you have it. Bring to a boil, then let cool or let sit on a warm burner. Make a huge rear end pot of this, keep a bottle of rum/whiskey/bourbon on the counter next to it along with a ladle, drink the hell out of it, and then if it's cold enough out, just cover the pot and stick it on your porch so you can heat it up again the next day.

This and mulled wine (with or without rum) is basically how I spend the late fall and winter.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Good warm hard cider is the best thing made from apples.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh god, someone mentioned chips in the PYF ban thread. It'd just got a fresh new title and now this happened. It's ruined. :smith:

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I thought I was posting about crisps in this thread and there are no good bans or probations to edit my post :ohdear:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Continuing the fall/Halloween chat, this is a quick and dirty jack-o-lantern I made last year of Morpheus from Sandman:

I was thinking of doing all of the Endless this year, because I am a huge goth-y dork. Maybe with a gourd for Delirium. That's a lot of pumpkins, though, and explaining it to people might get annoying. Plus Destruction just looks like a regular dude, which might be hard to do in pumpkin form. Plenty of time to think about it, I guess.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Continuing the fall/Halloween chat, this is a quick and dirty jack-o-lantern I made last year of Morpheus from Sandman:

I was thinking of doing all of the Endless this year, because I am a huge goth-y dork. Maybe with a gourd for Delirium. That's a lot of pumpkins, though, and explaining it to people might get annoying. Plus Destruction just looks like a regular dude, which might be hard to do in pumpkin form. Plenty of time to think about it, I guess.

Now you've suggested it you have to follow through, as a comic fan this idea is awesome, you could get these kids on the Neil Gaiman and keep them off the Mark Millar.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I'd go with a full Vertigo set of Jack-O-Lanterns:. Dream, Death, John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Lucifer, etc.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Crow Jane posted:

I started reading the Sandman series because I was tired of people walking up to me and telling me I looked like Death and not knowing what the gently caress they were on about. :argh: The first couple times I was really offended and confused.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Do it, post pictures. My name should give away why.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NienNunb posted:

I'd go with a full Vertigo set of Jack-O-Lanterns:. Dream, Death, John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Lucifer, etc.

Doing Mazikeen in pumpkin form sounds like a fun challenge.

I did a passable Jack Skellington a couple years ago. :downs:

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
So I'm pretty overweight, just under 400lbs and 2 days ago for the first time in nearly ten years I went to the gym. I thought I'd start out on a crosstrainer as it would allow me to dictate my own gentle starting pace. After 20 minutes I was pretty hot and sweaty, this wasn't helped at all by the woman working out in front of me, I could only see her from behind but I could tell she was beautiful. In my tired state I was just staring at her rear end I didn't even notice she had looked around and the next thing I know he has a serious look on her face as she walks over to me, I recognized her, this was Todd my high scool bully's mom. She spoke in a low and sultry voice "I can give you some motivation" she turned and told me to put my hand on her butt.

This was great cardio, I could really feel my heart rate increase. I don't know if perhaps my hand lingered a little too long or I groped too hard but she screamed loudly "I do farties from there." I froze not knowing what to do, several people gasped and one guy spit out his protein shake. I realized everyone was looking at me a shamefaced blob with stink lines visibly emanating from my hand. I quickly left and waddled home as fast as I could. As I prepared to get in the shower I changed my mind, a butt like that just doesn't come along too often.

How have you been shamed in public?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I read the forums via my phone while in line at the grocery store.

• Locked thread