Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Female classes with the exact same voices as the male ones :shepface:

Medieval times, where the men were men and so were most of the women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I just can't defend against Broadswords and one handers in general, it frustrates me greatly, the animations are so similar and quick I never look up enough to defend against overheads and people stab around my parry with ease, it seems like no one else has this problem as most people parry against me with ease. And if someone throws a feint I'm completely hosed.

Blimpkin I need to practice parrying with you.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
This gives a whole new meaning to the statement 'You're half the man your mother was' :v:

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
I wanted to pop into the thread to say that the noble knight "Chivalry is dead *tips fedora*" is the best player of this game. I had a duel with him where we ran around the cistern spamming all possible voice commands and promising to watch each other's backs from the archers. When the time limit ran out we'd accuse each other of cheating or praise each other's skills. Angry commentary from the other players was a given. It was the best duel I've had in this game. :hist101:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

Female classes with the exact same voices as the male ones :shepface:

I'd really like a big announcement for new "FEMALE CHARACTERS IN CHIVALRY!" and then have them just use the regular models with a female voice pack. Everyone's under 50 pounds of plate armor, chainmail, leather, and padding anyway!

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 9, 2013

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Promontory posted:

I wanted to pop into the thread to say that the noble knight "Chivalry is dead *tips fedora*" is the best player of this game. I had a duel with him where we ran around the cistern spamming all possible voice commands and promising to watch each other's backs from the archers. When the time limit ran out we'd accuse each other of cheating or praise each other's skills. Angry commentary from the other players was a given. It was the best duel I've had in this game. :hist101:

You haven't seen him and blimpkin (using whatever trolling names they've chosen for that particular session) just heaving fire bombs non-stop on that one wooded map.

Hell, the other night I was on blimp's team and Beef (his original name, far as I know) on opposite teams yet still teaming up to wreak havoc.

In other words, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there an explanation for why my game would be crashing to desktop every time I go to pull up the in-game server browser? I tried verifying the game cache to no results, so it's looking like my only option is to flatten and reinstall.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Promontory posted:

This makes me shed a tear. Him and I basically spend all our time looking for more ways to have fun. Be it hiding behind a tree on an LTS round, only to win that round, or trying to find all the ammo boxes that replenish quickly, to better help us heave fire pots at the enemy (our own team).

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Today Beef and I chose knights with heater shields and true to form, ran around yelling at each other while not engaging the enemy at all but instead screaming for help every time we saw someone and cowering in the same corner blocking. I've also taken to running around backward with my head in the ground screaming No until someone damages me and then suddenly standing upright and wrecking them.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm pretty drat sure latency plays a really huge part in parrying, which I guess should be obvious given that hit detection is client side, when I play on the single server in which I get sub 40ms ping I can parry like nobody's business but whenever I play with 80-100ms ping there are so many hits, particularly vanguard lookdown ripostes and various single handers, against which I'm completely helpless.

Anyway, I think one of my favorites moments when playing is when you kick rear end so hard on an FFA map that players just collectively lose their poo poo and disengage with each other temporarily and do their best to just chase you down and kill you whenever you swoop around, it's pretty funny. Of course when that starts happening you're obligated to spam laugh whenever you take out 2 or 3 players and stand victorious over their dismembered remains.

This game. It owns.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
Oh Man, I just had the most fun in a while trolling a pubby plagued with anger issues!

He got butt-hurt over getting accidentally tk'd (by me, the archer). Raged on and tried to kick me, despite me having apologized.
After the obligatory "archers r fags" rant by the dude, and me giving him poo poo for a while; I provoked the guy - he killed me.

Cue to him getting voted out for teamkilling. It was glorious, just imagine him going all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0 :)

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Is it just me or is the Bearded Axe complete and utter rear end? I can't seem to hit anyone with it, and I'm always getting interrupted.

I did have a great match earlier today where I had 34 kills and 15 assists as a MaA with the Norse Sword, so maybe this is just making up for it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The bearded axe is actually regarded as OP, it has one of the fastest overhead strikes in the game and it comes down really hard, unfortunately its range is kind of poor so you can't really use horizontal slashes but if you focus on parrying and riposting into overhead or just comboing into an overhead with an intentional miss you can really take people by surprise. Look down overheads are very effective.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Robot Randy posted:

Is it just me or is the Bearded Axe complete and utter rear end? I can't seem to hit anyone with it, and I'm always getting interrupted.

I did have a great match earlier today where I had 34 kills and 15 assists as a MaA with the Norse Sword, so maybe this is just making up for it.

Just look down and overhead. You'll kill them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I use the bearded axe when I want to be serious as Knight and do really good with. It's fast, has decent reach, and good damage. It feels a lot more versatile than the other Knight weapons.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
The game just got a 1.2Gb update - do we know what it's about?

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax
So why do people hate feinting so much, anyway? I'd much rather have a sneaky-deaky battle of feints, x-x-2s and kicks than fight some jackhole vanguard who twirls like a gyroscope to generate a sphere of zweihander death.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Beats me, but whenever I feint people call me a 'skill-less feinter noob' so perhaps it doesn't require as much skill as slowing down your overheads or swings with the Zweihander or abusing the polearm's broken tracers to score insta-hits on ripostes.

Or maybe it's just because it gives players using other weapons a fighting chance against knight and vanguard two handers. The only skill worth having is playing a long combo while twirling like a ballerina to get past someone's parry and hit him in the foot.

WARnold posted:

The game just got a 1.2Gb update - do we know what it's about?

I really hope it's the customizations patch finally!

TBS have reportedly tried to upload it on friday but said that there were some issues with steam and that it will be out this week so maybe this is it.

Said patch also slows down crossbow projectile speed, goodbye medieval railgun, and reduces the stamina stun time to 1.85s from 2 whole seconds that maybe it will suck a little less.

edit: customizations are in!

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 12, 2013

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Woo, a customization patch would be great. Although I expect a lot more "But he had red on!" TKs.

I don't think the stamina stun change is that big of a deal. 0.15 seconds is nothing, and you still have plenty of time to get a hit in. Cut it down by 0.5 seconds or more and I can see it having an effect.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
I tried going on the forums for patch info, but I keep getting a dead link. :smith:

I'll add more to the OP with all the customization patch goodies when I can.

edit: Found it, nevermind!

Edward_Lapine fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 12, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow there is a ton of customization options. Time to make the most glorious shining symbol of the light :catholic:

EDIT: :lol: There's like 100 logos and a bunch are ridiculous references.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Awesome, I can make a nauseating pink and green dude for FFA.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
There was an art submission contest on the official forums where if they accepted an insignia you made, you'd get the fabled "Peasant hat".

I'm terrible at art and would've loved to have a peasant hat. :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

jfjnpxmy posted:

So why do people hate feinting so much, anyway? I'd much rather have a sneaky-deaky battle of feints, x-x-2s and kicks than fight some jackhole vanguard who twirls like a gyroscope to generate a sphere of zweihander death.
My assumption is because "You tricked me! You made me look like an idiot :qq:".

It's not the easy of the button press compared to normal sword dragging or XTREME PRO fighting with your head buried in your crotch for super overhands. It's the fact that you made them feel stupid for falling for it.

People can fly off the handle over things they know is their own fault or makes them look dumb. While if something is a huge problem but clearly not their fault, they can take it rather calmly. Such as people taking it well when a can of peas is rung up for 100 dollars, but flipping the gently caress out if they draw blood from someone working the register.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This owns:

FOR THE DISORDAHHHHHHHH

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Section Z posted:

My assumption is because "You tricked me! You made me look like an idiot :qq:".

It's not the easy of the button press compared to normal sword dragging or XTREME PRO fighting with your head buried in your crotch for super overhands. It's the fact that you made them feel stupid for falling for it.

People can fly off the handle over things they know is their own fault or makes them look dumb. While if something is a huge problem but clearly not their fault, they can take it rather calmly. Such as people taking it well when a can of peas is rung up for 100 dollars, but flipping the gently caress out if they draw blood from someone working the register.

Regardless the best way to answer players who go bananas over actual game mechanics is to through fire pots at them while spamming the "sorry" emote.

/edit: ^^^^ Oh man, those customization options. I can already taste the friendly fire :getin:

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 12, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I found the best mason knight logo.

:frogout:

EDIT: First game I team kill a guy because he was entirely brownish yellow and I thought that meant he was Agatha :frog:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 12, 2013

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Bok Bok chicken logo RULES.

Also how the hell do you get those third helm options in that picture above? I only have default and Veteran.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm gonna be a negative Nancy and be the first to say that the golden yellow and neon pink should not be allowed as primary colors in the team based modes. I'm also a bit against Masons wearing all black though it is more acceptable.

I think that players should be forced to have primary blue or red.

Fuzz posted:

Also how the hell do you get those third helm options in that picture above? I only have default and Veteran.

New helmets unlock every 10 levels after 30 it seems.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Firebomb Abuser logo fits me to a goddamned tee!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Meowric's Cousin takes the cake for me.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Here's the patch notes for those too lazy to look them up:

quote:

* Server browser fixes!(Tabs works better, favorites work better, browser now uses the Steamworks library optimally and is less likely to make your router cry, etc)
* Tavern map length reduced to 10 minutes.
* Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.
* Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.

* Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.
* Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.

* Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.
* Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.
* Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.
* Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.
* Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.
* Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.
* Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.
* Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.
* Fixed the attack grunt sound sometimes desyncing and playing after a late feint server-side.
* Fixed several map exploits.
* Fixed flinch disabling dodge if it occurs in an attack windup.
* Fixed counterattacks maintaining a parry box and blocking attacks during your counter.
* Fixed movement slow persisting after canceling a bow draw.
* Fixed crossbow forced reload after being hit.
* Fixed rebinding primary attack breaking the scoreboard keybind.
* Fixed some broken assets on various maps (missing collision/textures/etc.)
* Fixed missing Norse Sword icon and Falchion model in weapon select.
* Fixed the furthest target in the archer tutorial being unhittable.
* Fixed peasants spawning with weapons
* Fixed peasant death animations
* Fixed peasant hats turning into helmets when shot off with arrows
* Fixed objective labels (Mason messages were being display for Agatha objectives)

Looks like the flails got buffed and the spear and brandistock got nerfed, and a couple of really annoying bugs for archer were fixed :holy:

I'm not sure what they mean by 2 hander flinch duration though. Is it how long you flinch while you wield one, or is it how long you flinch people with one?

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Wow, this customization is actually really well done. I am impressed at the amount of emblems you can choose from.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

the spear and brandistock got nerfed

Oh the official forums are gonna be flooded with tears :allears:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Glad to see the hatchet still owns. So far, the server chat is fell of a bunch of people complaining about the customization options making it hard to tell which side a player is on. Why don't they just learn the character models, they all look pretty unique anyway.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dog nougat posted:

Glad to see the hatchet still owns. So far, the server chat is fell of a bunch of people complaining about the customization options making it hard to tell which side a player is on. Why don't they just learn the character models, they all look pretty unique anyway.

It is much easier to just see red or blue, though. When people are dashing around as well, it can be hard to see.

Personally, it's kinda neat but it turns the combat into more of a TK clusterfuck than it was. I find myself just not attacking people near me because I don't know if that gold color is blue or red.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Vanguards are similar enough to kill your team, but then you're just killing vanguards so is it really that bad?

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

dog nougat posted:

Its pretty difficult to tell the difference between an Agatha vanguard wearing all dark blue and a mason vanguard wearing all black, especially if they're bloody. As far as I'm concerned, if you chose that color scheme you deserve to be team killed and I'm usually extremely careful about hitting teammates.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the thinking behind reducing the stamina drain on parries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the thinking behind reducing the stamina drain on parries?

Gives you more time to react before you get stunlocked for 1.85 seconds, I assume.

• Locked thread