Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
FINALLY found the Mark 42 and movie Iron Patriot legends ata target in BFE Alabama. We looked at probably a dozen different stores between Huntsville and Destin and the last place we stopped had exactly one of each left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The retro collection ninja turtles have shown up at my 'local' Toysrus despite being listed as a preorder on their website and a shipdate of 08/27/2013. What I really want to pick up is the retro collection ninja turtles Party Wagon http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20681866 which is supposed to be out next month... I would preorder it but I figure if I can pick up the turtles in store ahead of the preorder date I should be able to pick up the turtle van the same way. Has anyone seen it on the shelf or have any info when it can be REALLY found?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

First I get my Bruce Campbell Hot Toys, then you can get yours!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I gave it half a day and went back to Big Lots so I wouldn't feel like a scalper. I have the following guys for trade

2 Sy-Klone
2 Man-E-Faces
2 Clawful
1 Vykron
1 Icarius
1 Grizzlor
2 Faceless One
1 Count Marzo
1 Battleground Teela

Mostly just looking for anything I didn't score for myself already. I have Molar and Orko so I don't need either of those.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

I gave it half a day and went back to Big Lots so I wouldn't feel like a scalper. I have the following guys for trade

2 Sy-Klone
2 Man-E-Faces
2 Clawful
1 Vykron
1 Icarius
1 Grizzlor
2 Faceless One
1 Count Marzo
1 Battleground Teela

Mostly just looking for anything I didn't score for myself already. I have Molar and Orko so I don't need either of those.

Are you trading any of those for TFs, or just looking for more MOTU? I'd really like a Man-E-Faces and Grizzlor.

edit: my email is frictiony at yahoo if you want to talk about it without clogging the thread. :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Are you trading any of those for TFs, or just looking for more MOTU?

Just MOTU right now. I'm a little burned on TFs right now.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

Just MOTU right now. I'm a little burned on TFs right now.

Well I've got some MOTU to trade as well, hit me up with a want list!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

2 Sy-Klone
2 Man-E-Faces
2 Clawful
1 Vykron
1 Icarius
1 Grizzlor
2 Faceless One
1 Count Marzo
1 Battleground Teela

I'd be interested in that Battleground Teela, all I have to swap is a Megator, but I imagine shipping on him to be a bitch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

I'd be interested in that Battleground Teela, all I have to swap is a Megator, but I imagine shipping on him to be a bitch.

Get a quote on shipping him and we can work something out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Get a quote on shipping him and we can work something out.

Sounds good, I'll let you know.

edit: Guess my Big Lots got more figures today too. Lots of Faceless One, Marzo, Man-E-Faces, and Adora. The 6" Ghostbusters line showed up too.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 14, 2013

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Since he was available on amazon for $19.99, I went ahead and ordered a black series Sandtrooper. I've been hearing nothing but good things about the figure so I hope it can live up to the hype. That, and I hope they become easier to find at retail soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

edit: Guess my Big Lots got more figures today too. Lots of Faceless One, Marzo, Man-E-Faces, and Adora. The 6" Ghostbusters line showed up too.

I've got those guys locally. Buddy of mine picked up a Moss Man for me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Rage posted:

Is anyone seeing a "normal" (Ghostbusters 1-style, non-gimmicky) Peter Venkman figure?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is anyone seeing a "normal" (Ghostbusters 1-style, non-gimmicky) Peter Venkman figure?

All I've seen at my Big Lots is a Vigo and Lab coat Ray

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That figure is still available at MattyCollector so we probably won't see him at Big Lots.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So i was definitely resisting those Ghostbusters figures for awhile, but now I'm not sure I'm capable.

Big Lots seems to be the first spot to look for them it sounds like?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BitterAvatar posted:

So i was definitely resisting those Ghostbusters figures for awhile, but now I'm not sure I'm capable.

Big Lots seems to be the first spot to look for them it sounds like?

The one near my house just has Vince Klortho, your mileage may vary though.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Are those Star Wars Black figures limited? Noticed that the Sandtrooper has gone up in price by $15 now that it is sold out.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I don't think they're limited, it's just that they're so new that people are buying them for reselling purposes. They should be easier to get after a few shipments.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I hope so. Was gonna be bummed if I missed out by one day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot to tell my dad that I found some MOTU figs and he bought 8 or 9 more of them so I will have more for trade or sale tomorrow.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I'm interested in a man-e-faces, adora, and battleground teela at least, maybe some others too if you have any of those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

I'm interested in a man-e-faces, adora, and battleground teela at least, maybe some others too if you have any of those.

I think both MEF are spoken for, I have the Teela and Adora. I will put up a full inventory tonight when I get home.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Rhyno posted:

I forgot to tell my dad that I found some MOTU figs and he bought 8 or 9 more of them so I will have more for trade or sale tomorrow.

If you have an extra, I'd be interested in buying a Faceless One or the Skeletor/Molarr 2 pack off you.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

Dibs on a Leech. :smith:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Red posted:

Dibs on a Leech. :smith:

Did leech show up?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Yuk posted:

If you have an extra, I'd be interested in buying a Faceless One or the Skeletor/Molarr 2 pack off you.

I definitely have a Faceless one. That Molar pack is mine for now, haven't seen any doubles.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is anybody getting the Wolverine Legends wave and not wanting Emma? They packed her per box AND she comes with basically all of Puck aaaaaand the wave is Preiews exclusive. Hasbro is loving stupid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Bushifox posted:

Did leech show up?

That's the word on the street. Not as commonly stocked as the rest, though.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

has matty made any kind of statement about the big lots thing, or are they just pretending it isn't happening?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Bushifox posted:

has matty made any kind of statement about the big lots thing, or are they just pretending it isn't happening?

They put out a statement on Facebook that basically said, "We tried to sell them to you, but you didn't buy them and so we had no choice but to ship them to discount outlets."

Matty posted:

"A few other items to re-clear up if there are remaining obstacles for fans; a few folks have been concerned about older 2009-2011 product showing up at discount retailers and the Mattel Toy Store (which is open to the public at 333 Continental Blvd, 90245). Fans were asking why this product would be sold at discount and not on Matty? The bottom line is we DID offer this older product on Matty first on Cyber Monday last year. After we sold off what we could at this sale, we announced back in Dec 2012 that remaining product would be moved to clearance to both help promote the line to more casual fans and make room for all the new 2013 and 2014 product. It took 6 months but that product is now showing up and I think a few people forgot we announced this back in December.

"We can’t afford to just store older product indefinitely. That increases handling fees and we don’t want to pass that on to the customer. So we needed to clear this out. 2012 product and forward had production cut way back (i.e. for MOTU there were no more second runs) and other items like the Ecto-1are built to order. So you WON’T see these items showing up years later at clearance prices. Essentially our first few years were a learning experience and we over-produced some figures beyond what the fan base was. To keep costs down they were first sold at discount on Matty and later moved to clearance retailers. You won’t see this happen again in the future simply because we have reduced production to sell through rates or are now only building to order (like with the Ecto 1). If your concern is product showing up at discount, you won’t see that again. This was a onetime deal to clear out product that is almost 3 years old and was overproduced"

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Fish Of Doom posted:

They put out a statement on Facebook that basically said, "We tried to sell them to you, but you didn't buy them and so we had no choice but to ship them to discount outlets."

So they admitted that the subscriptions didn't mean poo poo, they're making the figures either way? Classy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

So they admitted that the subscriptions didn't mean poo poo, they're making the figures either way? Classy.

And apparently blaming everyone for not buying them at their "sale" prices, but yet they're cool letting them go for under $10 each to Big Lots. Money, it does not make sense for MattyCollector.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A MOTUC figure costs them less than $5 to make. They still made a profit selling them to Big Lots.

Remember those TRU two-packs? Toys R Us' bought those for 9.99 per unit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

A MOTUC figure costs them less than $5 to make. They still made a profit selling them to Big Lots.

Remember those TRU two-packs? Toys R Us' bought those for 9.99 per unit.

Oh I know they still made a profit on selling them to Big Lots, but if they had listed all their figures at $10-12 or hell, even $15 each, they would have sold a lot more. And they would have still reamed our asses on that sweet sweet Digital River fake shipping costs.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just releases the toys at retail outlets. Don't make the case ratios complete poo poo and you'll be golden.

He-Man is not batman nor Barbie, there doesn't need to be a gajillion variations of the character.

Also that's a complete and utter lie in that matty statement, Megator was made in 2011. That's just almost two years ago, that's not a long time. Heck, Vykron was last year's comic con exclusive.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I picked up the 6" Luke at toys R us today. I gotta say, the figure looks great. Some of them had so-so paint jobs, but the one I got is near perfect. And they are in-scale with those old "epic force" statuettes that came out a long time ago.

I was resistant at first, but I can defintely see myself collecting this series as long as I can actually find the characters I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So after what my dad snagged this is what I have

4 Adoras
2 Faceless One
2 BG Teela
2 Clawful
2 Count Marzo
1 Grizzlor
3 Icarus (Flipshot)
1 Vykron

My buddy scored me a Megator and Moss Man yesterday so I don't need them anymore.