Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Whaaaa? That's Nova Prime? Like the leader/apex of the Corps? I'm assuming she's not the one in armor. Though that'd be awesome if she were.

Whatever man, all's good but that's a bit unexpected. I wonder if the article writer got mixed up.

EDIT: This costume for Glen Close would be a hella better.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet Glenn Close refuses to wear a helmet in her contract.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

I bet Glenn Close refuses to wear a helmet in her contract.

Gears of Wars clause. She wants to be a main character who survives for a sequel payday.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

Whaaaa? That's Nova Prime? Like the leader/apex of the Corps? I'm assuming she's not the one in armor. Though that'd be awesome if she were.

Whatever man, all's good but that's a bit unexpected. I wonder if the article writer got mixed up.

Now other websites are saying it's not her. Which is confusing because this was reported all over the place. Too bad about that.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I LOVED that footage. The song choice was just perfect and the final lines just encapsulated the entire premise of the team with "Yeah they call themselves the 'Guardians of the Galaxy'"
"What a bunch of a-holes!"

Can't wait.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Ghosthotel posted:

I have never been more excited for rocket raccoon in my life:

This is so loving ridiculous that I am totally endeared to this movie. H. Jon Benjamin would actually be the best option to make it even more ridiculous.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

E the Shaggy posted:

I LOVED that footage. The song choice was just perfect and the final lines just encapsulated the entire premise of the team with "Yeah they call themselves the 'Guardians of the Galaxy'"
"What a bunch of a-holes!"

Can't wait.

Surely he'll just say "rear end in a top hat" in the movie. Why would they do a G-rated version like that for the trailer

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Surely he'll just say "rear end in a top hat" in the movie.

Why?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aliens have asses too you racist!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I like the idea of them playing this tongue-in-cheek, because I can't imagine playing too much of this material straight to a wide audience. The tone seems about right from that footage to me.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

Surely he'll just say "rear end in a top hat" in the movie. Why would they do a G-rated version like that for the trailer

I wouldn't mind if they kept it because I'll admit I chuckled. I occasionally find it really funny when someone uses 'a-hole' or creative use of bleeping out a curse.

That is pretty god drat funny.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 13, 2013

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DFu4ever posted:

I wouldn't mind if they kept it because I'll admit I chuckled. I occasionally find it really funny when someone uses 'a-hole' or creative use of bleeping out a curse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9arSotadmY

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really can't wait till someone takes the audio from this and overlays it on video of him as the Doctor.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DFu4ever posted:

That is pretty god drat funny.

But you have to admit, there's just something about the casual swearing in 80s films. rear end in a top hat, dickless - they just have a charm about them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

I really can't wait till someone takes the audio from this and overlays it on video of him as the Doctor.

Oh someone's done you one better.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
A-hole always sounds better than rear end in a top hat. rear end in a top hat is too harsh; a-hole is funny.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And you can't really put "what a bunch of assholes" on a trailer that you might want to run in front of other Disney movies.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
So there's a leaked trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past at the bottom of this article.

EDIT: It's the footage shown at comic-con appearantly.

Commissar Of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 13, 2013

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Why are they using one of the most recognizable and iconic film scores of this young decade? All that trailer did was make me want to watch Inception.

e: ^ Well that explains that.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Tripwyre posted:

Why are they using one of the most recognizable and iconic film scores of this young decade? All that trailer did was make me want to watch Inception.

Because that track is fantastic.

EDIT: I really wish a full version of that footage would come out.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 13, 2013

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Commissar Of Doom posted:

So there's a leaked trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past at the bottom of this article.

I am so loving down.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

That was completely underwhelming for me.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tripwyre posted:

Since these are closed events not intended for public consumption they just say "gently caress it" when it comes to music rights. Battlestar Galacatica: Blood & Chrome got in trouble a while back because they used the cover of The Immigrant Song from Fincher's remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and it got leaked to the public.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I will say that that's only about 30 seconds of the footage that they showed. It starts with Starlord graverobbing/tomb-raiding and getting caught by the Nova Corps, then they introduce each one in custody, which gives Chris Pratt even more opportunity to be hilarious, followed by a scene in the jail thingy where Starlord is listening to the intro to Hooked on a Feeling, which transitions into the clip.

The tone is very much action-comedy, and there is huge potential for it to be hilarious, awesome, and fun. Pretty much all of my worries about this movie washed away after this trailer, and that's coming from someone who was really unimpressed by the Thor 2/Cap 2 footage and the Ultron reveal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I loved that they used Hooke on a Feeling. James Gunn is going to slay this.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Rocket Racoon's prison rundown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvh7PjpXqXw

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Already down. Sorry.

Wanna join everyone else by saying that this leaked teaser extremely excited me. It looks completely different from what Marvel's been putting out, which is something that they need.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Xealot posted:

H. Jon Benjamin would actually be the best option to make it even more ridiculous.
Don't you dare tease me like that, you jerk <:mad:>

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone back this up before it got taken down? I am so loving excited for this Raccoon.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I am so stoked for Guardians that it's not even funny. Like, speed up the next 12 months stoked. Rocket's gonna own.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Yeah, I think it's down.

I'll never understand this practice by studios. "People are voluntarily watching ads for our commercial properties and WE MUST STOP THEM IMMEDIATELY!"

Edit: I mean to say, just make clearable versions and throw them online yourself. It's an ad. That people will watch, and that you can run other ads against for additional revenue.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think creating that kind of "artificial scarcity" (I guess you'd call it) makes people more hyped, not less. People might be annoyed by having to look for it in a shady link or whatever but it's part of hype frenzy. It's the same impulse ARG's are taking advantage of.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That and the fact things like this are made specifically to be exclusive to the ComicCon crowd, to incentivize them to buy a ticket next year.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yup. I don't think it's the same thing as Newscorp hunting down Simpsons clips or whatever on Youtube.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

That and the fact things like this are made specifically to be exclusive to the ComicCon crowd, to incentivize them to buy a ticket next year.
Maybe, but why not release that footage after Comic Con then?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Maybe, but why not release that footage after Comic Con then?

Because then there wouldn't be the incentive to go to Comic-Con to see exclusive comic-con only footage? Is this really that complicated. I mean eventually it gets shown as TV spots an stuff when trailers come out. But why would they edit something specifically for Comic-Con then release it right after it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's why I hope Comiccon dies. How many people attend that versus the billions of viewers on the internet?

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

That's why I hope Comiccon dies. How many people attend that versus the billions of viewers on the internet?

An event that's been going on since the 70's, and is enjoyed by over 100,000 people annually, should die, just so you don't have to wait for new footage?

gently caress Yourself, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So yeah 100,000 people vs billions on the internet. That doesn't make sense.

I couldn't care less about Comiccon, just don't put exclusive trailers on there that nobody can watch. I'm still waiting to see that Ant-Man test footage

• Locked thread