Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

My only regret is that we're not sending the canon Fire Mandrills through FWL space.

Yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

AJ_Impy posted:

Indeed. The two most fractious factions in Battletech meeting would be an interesting 'what if?', but not possible in the PTNverse.

Oh dang, a Fire Mandrill Kindraa for every FWL mini-state. :psyduck: It'd be like the Clan Protectorate on steroids.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

B and C.

While attacking the Clans outright would be suicidal, I can't help but wonder if being too meek with them would have future repercussions.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

A and C

We should respond to the batchall by having a game of golf and if Marik wins he gets to send along an official attachment to join the fight (and spy on the clans as much as possible)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If there had been a "sure, and you know what? We'll join you!" option, I might've gone for that.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Dolash posted:

If there had been a "sure, and you know what? We'll join you!" option, I might've gone for that.

I'm changing my vote to E: Sure, as long as we get to come with you.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Clearly, we need to have Duncan Marik challenge the Clanners to a traditional FWL Trial of Silence.

"With what forces do you bi-"
"NO, YOU SHUT UP!"

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Dolash posted:

Part of my thinking is that this is what C leads to. Getting the Clans to explain their weird honour might lead to bidding into their campaign, or undergoing a trial for the 'honour' of helping to deal with the RWR.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The correct option for Marik is to figure out what a Batchall is, then add all his state knowledge on the Rim World military to his bid and throw the match.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
Woohoo! Never been caught up for a vote before. Since I know gently caress all about Battletech outside this thread and the video games, let's go with

Taurian Concordat:
B) Hold the Vendetta in reserve. If no one is paying any attention to you, why play your trump card?

Free Worlds League
B) Agree to the Clan Batchall. This seems like the most spin-able choice no matter the outcome. You can probably figgure it out on the way and just wing it, right? Plus, go with that whole "If we win, we get to come along" thing.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
A and D because if it's not Maximum Dumb, it's not Battletech.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm gonna go with B and C, just because characters in canon are dumb, doesn't mean they have to be in PTN-canon.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Deploying the glorious Vendetta
Front Line: 45
Reserve: 33
No: 0

Clan Passage
Allow Passage: 21
Accept Batchall: 12
Ask what a Batchall is: 37
Refuse: 9
Join the Clans: 1

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Actually, you know what? I'm changing my vote to E: Sure, as long as we get to come with you., too.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Pussy Cartel posted:

Actually, you know what? I'm changing my vote to E: Sure, as long as we get to come with you., too.

This would be a pretty badass option.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Clan Surly Snail was formed by the remnants of the Free Worlds League during the Clan invasion. While no other "Spheroid Barbarian" was found to be civilized enough to join the clans, the Marik tendency toward self-destruction, self-sabotage, and sheer stupidity was thought to fit right into the Clan ethos.

Young snailers are sent to a climb a giant tree in the tropical forests of Snaila Mechty, where they spend two years yelling out to each other to shut up. Few survive, but those that do come to embody the spirit of Clan Surly Snail.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TildeATH posted:

Clan Surly Snail was formed by the remnants of the Free Worlds League during the Clan invasion. While no other "Spheroid Barbarian" was found to be civilized enough to join the clans, the Marik tendency toward self-destruction, self-sabotage, and sheer stupidity was thought to fit right into the Clan ethos.

Young snailers are sent to a climb a giant tree in the tropical forests of Snaila Mechty, where they spend two years yelling out to each other to shut up. Few survive, but those that do come to embody the spirit of Clan Surly Snail.

Still better than Jade Falcons

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Screw it, sign me up for the E bandwagon. If I'm going to be on the losing side of a vote, it's going to be on the best losing side.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hopefully PTN will be cool about it if it wins :ohdear:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Lovely idea, but its way too late. There aren't 40 or so undecided voters left to pile onto E at this point.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

jng2058 posted:

Lovely idea, but its way too late. There aren't 40 or so undecided voters left to pile onto E at this point.

It can win if enough people believe in it to change their vote. If you can believe in Andrew Steiner you can believe in this.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Unskew the polls!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jng2058 posted:

Not even if I use my Cult of Personality on the No-Name Posters? Not that I would.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Defiance Industries posted:

Not even if I use my Cult of Personality on the No-Name Posters? Not that I would.

I would, but all I've got is a Cult of Transcended Swans. Not too useful unless you've got a fabric of reality that needs toting.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I vote E

Now you just need 39!

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013
If E becomes an option, change my vote. Or even C leading to E.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
B. Invade, then fall back in "disarray" from the counterattack, only to finally smash them against the anvil of your warship. This is the best of all possible plans.

A. Let them through under the disguise of being your own fleet, manufactured in secret. Let them smash themselves against Amaris, then pick up the pieces. This is the best of all possible plans.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I vote we get some B and E happening around here.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
I agree, let's have us some B and E happening. Now where can we get enough votes for E?

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Please keep in mind this is just an unofficial tally. PTN might not even OK the E option, he's just temporarily allowed changing one's vote.
Changing my vote on Clan Passage from A to E myself, original vote has been wiped.

Deploying the Vendetta
Front Line: 43
Reserve: 36
No: 0

Clan Passage
Allow Passage: 21
Accept Batchall: 12
Ask what a Batchall is: 36
Refuse: 9
Join the Clans: 8

C'mon guys, 29 for a Trial of Position in the invasion force (the FWL can ask what a Batchall is on the way), and just 8 for Taurian Supremacy!
Think of the carnage unleashed - The FWL in revolt at the cooperation with the clans, two esteemed clans and Marik forces against the RWR in an all-out battle, and Taurians running rampant through the DS borderlands! :black101:

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 14, 2013

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
C and E!

If E isn't an option then, just like the lovely whiskey C&C

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I have to say, this thread never fails to deliver on both excitement and imagination. I think I'm most proud though that not only do we have a master craftsman giving us a new world, but at all the goons who enthusiastically throw in their own ideas and talent. It's a beautiful thing to see in action.

Voting:
B: Hold the Vendetta in reserve

E if acceptable, else C: I'd love to see a Inner Sphere leader figure out the Clans, and join as well. We definitely need some more obfuscation such as "Steiner Rules" fighting going around. Plus the fallout from when the ruse goes wrong will be amazing!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

B and E

If not E then C. Have them be the only people in the inner sphere who understand fully how to exploit the clans.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

If it becomes a valid option, I'll change my vote from C to E.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If it is a choice, I'd change my vote from A to E.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Unofficial vote tally

Vendetta: A 43, B 38, C 1 ... 6 to go...
Passage: A 20, B 12, C 35, D 9, E 13 ... 23 to go...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yea, A->E if it's an option for the Marik vote.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm going to go with A and A here.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
B: Because I want to see a Warship blow up.

E: Because I want to see how the Clans react to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Pretty sure no vote changing is allowed by PoptartsNinja when it comes to diplomacy.

And besides, joining the Clans means the FWL won't have time to rest and rebuild after the Capellan War. Give Duncan a break, people!

• Locked thread