Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm sorely disappointed that the Wu-Tang Eagle isn't a selectable emblem.

I also created the bastard spawn of Knight Solaire and Trusty Patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Robot Randy posted:

I'm sorely disappointed that the Wu-Tang Eagle isn't a selectable emblem.

I also created the bastard spawn of Knight Solaire and Trusty Patches

Isn't that just patches masquerading a sunbro so he can lull me into a false sense of security before kicking me into the arena pit?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:frog: Go thither

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

:frogout:

#SWAGATHA

#MOLO

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

:barf:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
And yet daggers can still handily parry a maul. :psyduck:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I haven't played since yesterday, but I have to say I am having trouble incorporating feints into my game.

The reason for this is that it seems totally unnecessary to feint against 95% of the playerbase. For many of these players, feinting is actually a bad idea since they swing at you with wild abandon no matter what you do, and you'll get decked in the middle of the feint. Aggravating.

Also, can someone tell me what the hell is up with Zweihander stab? if they do it I get hit instantly before the stab forward motion happens, whereas if I do it it's sure as hell not instant. Is there some sort of stab riposte bug? Same question with spears like Brandistock, my stabs don't do instant damage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So how do you get the new helmets?

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

Cowcaster posted:

So how do you get the new helmets?

At ranks 30, 40, and 50.

Tallgeese posted:

I haven't played since yesterday, but I have to say I am having trouble incorporating feints into my game.

The reason for this is that it seems totally unnecessary to feint against 95% of the playerbase. For many of these players, feinting is actually a bad idea since they swing at you with wild abandon no matter what you do, and you'll get decked in the middle of the feint. Aggravating.

You're right, there's a lot of players out there who slash about with wild abandon. I find feints quite useful to break the repetitive Attack - Parry - Attack - Parry dance people get into. Just do a slight pause or a feint to break the rhythm. They'll usually block early or at the same time they have been.

Edward_Lapine fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 13, 2013

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You can generally tell when you'll be able to gently caress someone up with a feint. Start running at a dude, and if you see him parry when you get close, that's a pretty good sign that he'll fall for a feint. If they just continue to swing or do nothing, then it's probably not a good idea.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Edward_Lapine posted:

At ranks 30, 40, and 50.

Haha, so for me basically never. I have been rank 34 for about 5 weeks now. That's after it also took forever to go from 33 to 34, and playing often.

Do the customization even work, and have they even fixed the original helmet customization's yet?

Griz
May 21, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Do the customization even work, and have they even fixed the original helmet customization's yet?

I've only seen one guy ever with a fancy hat, and mine never show up.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Fancy hats work and I've seen a ton of them. BTW pink + beersteins = the best.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 13, 2013

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Megafunk posted:

Wow, this customization is actually really well done. I am impressed at the amount of emblems you can choose from.

The game really needed a Dote up a Knight dress-up option.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Win at DRESSUPAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Robot Randy posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Win at DRESSUPAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!

Is that chainmail or are you wearing a skirt?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

What sucks is that you can't use the personal messages while running anymore, I miss spamming yes or no or laughing all the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

WoodrowSkillson posted:

What sucks is that you can't use the personal messages while running anymore, I miss spamming yes or no or laughing all the time.

These worked for me when I tried it today, albeit I only played briefly. The patch did gently caress up my keybinds though :argh:!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Has not worked for me since the last patch before this one.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Customization works but every time you change class/map/server you have to go into the customizations menu and hit the X to refresh them.

After that you have to die for the colors to show up

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Clearly the best option is to put a target on yourself.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Oh I think I rode the cart with you. Our battlecries pushed it to victory.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Does anyone know how rank works? Is it XP? Is it kills? Is the the number of times you laugh? I would really like to know now that having rank actually does something, like unlock helmets. Also, what exactly do the rank 50 helmets look like? The game forums are poo poo.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hilarion posted:

Does anyone know how rank works? Is it XP? Is it kills? Is the the number of times you laugh? I would really like to know now that having rank actually does something, like unlock helmets. Also, what exactly do the rank 50 helmets look like? The game forums are poo poo.
I do not know for sure, but every rank up message I can recall came alongside a kill, and im... 32? high 20s?

If this is the case, and you want ranks, FFA Vanguard helicopter or Knight Maul it up I guess.

Griz
May 21, 2001

My hats work now, and the nerfed brandistock is still really loving good.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I do find myself carrying a shield a lot more as an MAA. Not to use as much as an more clear way to communicate to the enemy that they're getting their rear end kicked by a guy with a bright pink kitty cat on his shield.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
As expected, already people are trying to poorly pass themselves off as the other team. Mostly Mason Vanguards going black with yellow trim because they think (rightly so, it seems) the average player will forget that Agatha is stuck with bright colors.

This has the hilarious side effect of those same people bitching about how often they get teamilled, and start going on about "Look at the helmets you dumbass" because it's clearly not their fault for being too cowardly to sport proper gang colors :allears:

EDIT: Bonus points for the ones who loose their poo poo when you point out helmetless option vanguards have the same head.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mason vanguards sporting full brown are actually pretty easy to confuse with agatha at first glance since almost everything Mason has is red and black. Doesn't help that Mason and Agatha vanguards aren't very visually distinct in the first place other than the colors.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Feints are super useful, I mean, when you fight against newbies who just attack you can screw yourself every once in a while but when doing FFAs and using a big weapon you really can't afford to get too many of your attacks parried; If someone parries me even once I will usually parry his attack and either go for a quick lookdown overhead riposte or feint my attack and then overhead.

I find that in FFAs I either go with an MAA with broadsword to keep trying to try to strafe stab around parries but if there are too many vanguards slashing all over the place I just switch to vanguard and do slow horizontal slashes, can't really MAA when there are too many big weapons flying around randomly. It really depends on the map and what classes other players are using. Moor is very much an MAA map and that's why I love it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You can still MaA when the Vanguard windmills are out in force... just grab your Norse sword, a firepot, and go. Norse stab wins.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Heres a fun bug, which wasnt patched out last night and hopefully never will be:

Select MAA, with broadsword, buckler optional.

Whilst holding a direction, do a tap on the F key.

Then tap V, and a millisecond later start hitting spacebar.

Congratulations, you have just flown 10 - 20 metres depending on the elevation you started at. You can either use your flight to attack directly, or more wisely in my opinion to fly around, skimming over your opponents heads and getting the good ground.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Running around as a pink and green, firepot and hatchet toting MAA on low grav FFA is awesome. All while spamming help as you murder everybody.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Major League human being :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
How strange, my main game don't seem to want to update to the new patch, I'm not seeing anybody on any of the serves I see. Annnnnd I see the update's customisation stuff on the Beta, but same deal! Nobody is on! Is this doing this to anybody else, or I'm missing something here?

Too bad, because all this looks really, really neat. How confusing does it get, now?

Edit: Fixed the problem: apparently the game has an issue with updating if you're still opted in for the Beta.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 14, 2013

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
You can probably either have steam check the local content or reinstall.

It's very confusing and frankly all the better for it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My mouse control has felt wonky as gently caress since the patch. Aside from it just resetting my mouse sensitivity (and that loving bug where the numbers on the sensitivity slider won't update until a full minute after you make the change), it keeps having inconsistent speeds, up to and including my mouse control being FASTER half the time when I swing my polehammer around, instead of slower. Or after fighting for a bit my sensitivity jumps up to what feels like the defaults until I die again. even when I set it to minimum it's moving waaaay too much compared to how it used to be for me.

I also feel slower walking than before in a fight today, than I did last night right after the patch. Even my Man at arms is feeling like he's glued to the ground. Anybody else getting weird or iffy control and movement compared to pre-patch?

EDIT: Oh, right :doh: Patch reseting mouse sensitivity, also came with patch turning mouse smoothing back on. That's one mystery solved. Even worse, it turned down the ragdoll slider!

Also, 60 person team objective servers with 3 archer limits :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 14, 2013

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I have a question.

Post-customization patch, I noticed that several Mason Knights have had glowing red helmets. I do not see how to do this myself. Is this the rank 30/40/50 hat? What are those hats?

Also, while I'm asking questions, is there a "Toggle Duck" command? I hate holding the button.

Also, I still haven't figured out the instant stab.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 14, 2013

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Tallgeese posted:

I have a question.

Post-customization patch, I noticed that several Mason Knights have had glowing red helmets. I do not see how to do this myself. Is this the rank 30/40/50 hat? What are those hats?

I'm pretty sure it's the lv. 40 helmet. The Agartha knight one shines blue.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
I hate javelins.
What was the way to edit a file to get weapons unlocked again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

WARnold posted:

I hate javelins.
What was the way to edit a file to get weapons unlocked again?

Javelins are probably the easiest Archer weapon to level, unless they've changed how it works. Back when I did them, you could just melee people to death and that unlocked it. Don't know if they changed that, though, but hopefully not.

• Locked thread