Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
snyping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Migishu posted:

overheating problems with your macbook? how bout thiscooling dock that only fits macbooks you loving hipster

the statement being "gently caress this thing runs hot goddamn"

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1573138749/tp-diamond-pure-luxury-bathroom-decor-you-cant-be?ref=live

How does a TP Diamond work?
TP Diamond is literally just what it sounds like, a luxurious way to store extra toilet paper in your bathroom. The TP Diamond is shaped like a diamond and immediately enhances your bathrooms look and feel, while also providing comfort and peace of mind.

You don't have to just get one TP Diamond. You need at least one TP Diamond in every bathroom -- and some have already told us that they plan to have two or three in a bathroom. The bathroom is about to change forever and you could be one of the first to own a TP Diamond?

(its a prototype but still lol)
im the tp vag

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
just what i needed some stupid way to make the paper ill be dragging across my feces smeared rear end in a top hat look nice :)

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

dumb kickstarter posted:

Have you ever run out of toilet paper? Does someone seem to always leave the TP roll in its naked state? NOW there is an amazing solution to this problem -- the TP Diamond. The TP Diamond stores an extra roll of toilet paper right next to your toilet, so when you run out all you have to do is reach down and open the TP Diamond.

where's my amazing solution for when someone doesn't put a new roll into the tp diamond. do they expect me to buy another tp diamond? which would also need another tp diamond until it's tp diamonds all the way down

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
im the paper prototype

or maybe the fancy paper prototype

i seriously hope these people are like 14

fake e: gently caress

quote:

I am an entrepreneur who lives in Silicon Valley, and I have been a entrepreneur my entire working life. I have pursued business ventures in a variety of fields, including: hospitality, food service, construction, environmental services, and technology.

Educational Background:
I have a MBA from the University of Arizona, a MPA from Northern Arizona University, and an undergraduate degree in Business and Communication from Arizona State University.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
nice, a huge impractical toilet roll holder. just what i need

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deanputney/experience-world-war-i-through-a-german-officers-p?ref=discover_pop

actually want this it looks pretty cool

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i dunno. can you open bottles with it?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I have pursued business ventures in a variety of fields, including: hospitality, food service, construction, environmental services, and technology.

greeter, waiter, construction site errand boy, janitor, call center

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Drink my breastmilk? gently caress that. Make food with it!

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
hey lets make ghostbusters 2 less lovely by restoring the cut out scenes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

at first i thought this sounded like a good idea because i love that movie

then i saw the scenes they intended to put back in and shook my head silently. none of this poo poo would improve it and charging 100,000 bucks for this is silly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Orbi posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1573138749/tp-diamond-pure-luxury-bathroom-decor-you-cant-be?ref=live

How does a TP Diamond work?
TP Diamond is literally just what it sounds like, a luxurious way to store extra toilet paper in your bathroom. The TP Diamond is shaped like a diamond and immediately enhances your bathrooms look and feel, while also providing comfort and peace of mind.

You don't have to just get one TP Diamond. You need at least one TP Diamond in every bathroom -- and some have already told us that they plan to have two or three in a bathroom. The bathroom is about to change forever and you could be one of the first to own a TP Diamond?

(its a prototype but still lol)
im the tp vag

lol yes luxury is a cheap plastic "diamond" shaped toilet paper holder

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
ghostbusters 1 is one of my favourite movies ever

ghostbusters 2 sucks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
still havent rewatched ghostbusters since it traumatized me as a 5 year old

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

graph posted:

still havent rewatched ghostbusters since it traumatized me as a 5 year old
you loving baby

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

you loving baby

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
kick starter update: still don't have my gcw zero when it was supposed to ship back in march

sold off my pebble ages ago

0 for 2 would not kick start again

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cold on a Cob posted:

ghostbusters 1 is one of my favourite movies ever

ghostbusters 2 sucks

its an enjoyable movie if not for stay puft and dan akroyd

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

flyboi posted:

kick starter update: still don't have my gcw zero when it was supposed to ship back in march

sold off my pebble ages ago

0 for 2 would not kick start again

i dont really use my pebble anymore because the software is a giant retarded baby and theyve started locking/deleting topics when people complain about very specific things like "stop forcing us to have 5 undeletable ugly watch faces"

everything else has been p good but the moral of the story is that its probably a bad idea to support weird tech kickstarters

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i like how this random nobody assumes he can get the full cast to agree to be interviewed plus secure the rights to the deleted scenes

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
wait it's not one of the people actually involved with the movie in the first place?

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

yeah me too

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Cold on a Cob posted:

wait it's not one of the people actually involved with the movie in the first place?

lol

is the goon with the ghostbusters car involved?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

kickstarter pics are the best

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
im so pissed i missed the federal 52 playing cards

i don't even really play cards they're just super sexy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this is the dumbest loving thing

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1614737562/frugal-disruptives-tribal-browser

also the guys face makes me laughy

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

kickstarter pics are the best
           /

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

serewit posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1614737562/frugal-disruptives-tribal-browser

Frugal Disruptive is legitimately the worst startup name i have ever seen, and quite possibly will see within the next decade

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

serewit posted:

hmmm yes the internet is not enough of an echochamber already

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i mean it has some really neat ideas but it needs to be a mode in another browser or something. i like the idea of, say, being able to google in yospos mode. that would have its benefits. but i'm just offended by the idea that i only want to see ideas that i approve of or whatever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chumpchous posted:

i mean it has some really neat ideas but it needs to be a mode in another browser or something. i like the idea of, say, being able to google in yospos mode. that would have its benefits. but i'm just offended by the idea that i only want to see ideas that i approve of or whatever
what i really want is the ability to search only within my history, i couldn't tell you how many times i've forgotten where i'd read something (and hadn't bookmarked it) and either spent ages manually trawling through my history or just given up and (usually fruitlessly) attempted to retrace my steps to whatever the thing was

actually searching my bookmarked pages would be just as welcome a function come to think of it

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

jesus that's like the worst idea ever

you know what's bad about the internet? being exposed to new ideas

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TOOT BOOT posted:

jesus that's like the worst idea ever

you know what's bad about the internet? being exposed to new ideas
not only that, the "idea" is that users manually build up their own search indices which is so full of holes that i don't even know where to start :psyduck:

yes people will go to the trouble of indexing every remotely useful link they come across for the benefit of the rest of the tribe when the entire loving point of the system is to reduce search effort

no this system will never be exploited or sabotaged in any way

of course tribes won't need to be disproportionately large to maintain a decent level of contribution

tribe members obviously won't miss anything worthwhile when they're indexing search results

what do you mean tribe members will be forced to use a regular old search engine/browser to make any of this work on any level

who needs to search for specific phrases anyway

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 16, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
his idea is essentially that tribes get to write their own DNS

e.g. here is a simulation of what browsing with the YOSPOS tribe would be like:
http://www.google.com

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I think you mean "hey ghostbusters fans buy me a new camera"

quote:

With the help of your funding, I will acquire some new video equipment (either a Red Scarlet, Red Epic, Canon C300, or a Blackmagic 4k Cinema Camera) to shoot the documentary in pristine video (including some needed hard drives for the massive amount of video I will need to shoot), and a new boom mic for the best audio available. The money will also help fund a few lighting setups and video rig

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
real filmmakers dont care if the video and audio are out of sync on their webcam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

~Coxy posted:

shoot the documentary in pristine video
:bravo:

• Locked thread