Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, that's good to know. Is it just the recruitment ones that are worthwhile, or are some of the other ones (like the one where you straight out ask for money) any good?

Fundraise and its upgrades aren't really any good until the late game, where you can easily farm over 10k Macca out of a demon. It also triggers unique dialogue for bosses, so you might want to get it just for that.

Negotiate is basically the only way you're going to be able to escape from battles on hard, and Negotiate+ is a nice free heal that also removes ailments, which is handy if you don't have Dis-Poisons or Posmudi on hand. Buying Negotiate also opens up Chitchat which, while I haven't gotten much mileage from it, is especially useful for bosses since it makes them waste one of their Press Turns (or two with Chitchat+).

I haven't used Plead, so I can't comment on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some Atlus updates

Persona director says to not worry about Atlus
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/13/persona-director-teases-atlus-25th-anniversary-titles-and-more/

Persona 3 Stage Play
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/13/persona-3-to-see-live-stage-play-in-2014/
:regd08:

At this rate I expect a Persona 3DS announcement. They're going to milk this thing until it's dry.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The 25th anniversary game is going to Megami Tensei 3, I'm sure of it!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dehry posted:

At this rate I expect a Persona 3DS announcement. They're going to milk this thing until it's dry.

Wasn't that already announced at E3 in 2011 or something?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus announced it around the time the 3DS was announced then promptly decided to forget it ever existed and make Persona 4 Golden instead.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Right, but they made a Devil Survivor 2 anime and followed up shortly with Break Record. The same thing with Persona 4 Golden. Something involving Persona 3 is going to be inbound soon enough. Maybe even the true Persona 3 Portable with 3D graphics they originally intended to do.

Of the list of planned Atlus games from 2010, we got 2 Etrian Odyssey, 2 SMT, and soon to be 2 Devil Survivors. The only thing missing from the list now is a Persona series game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm waiting for EO 5.

That and maybe Atlus paying a bit more attention to PC.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I went to do some digging around the official Persona site and apparently they're making a big deal out of it. The thank you message pops up on every Persona related page.

E: A Persona 4 slot machine? http://www.persona4-slot.com/

Out October 6th

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 14, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In SMT4 the app DLC can actually sort of break the game, since App points are the only thing that's just really limited in general.

Useful apps:

Extra slots - as much as you need. They're cheap so you can get a couple whenever you need them. I eventually went up to 20 because I was running out of spaces while setting up complicated fusions :v:

MP gain 1,2,3 - These are expensive, like altogether something like 150 App points. They give your whole party MP gain while walking which is pretty cool, but to be honest if you just fuse MP giving skills and stuff you won't really need it.

Scout bonuses - Get these early. Scout + is a chance to get 2 demons at once, and the gift and bonus make negotiation pretty cheap. Also get the one that makes scouting easier. It's funny to get a guy ask you for macca, then after scout+ kicks in you've made a profit.

Skill slots - As needed, I didn't need a bunch until much later but you will eventually want the full 8 slots on your guy and the demons.

I think everything else is more or less optional really.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Strange Quark posted:

Were you guys talking about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXTPHHolQc

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

It was a tentative title though, so it might not ever be made. The same thing happened with the early PS3, there was a tentative Shin Megami Tensei game listed for it, and that obviously never came to pass. That's not to say it never will happen, though, just that it's not guaranteed to.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
SMTIV:

I've been trying to be middling with Law/Chaos choices but somehow ended up *slightly* more Law, until siding with Walter over whether to side with or kill Lilith. After that decision I am neutral. Trying to stay neutral until the hard lock hits, what can I do from here to ensure that?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

vanov posted:

SMTIV:

I've been trying to be middling with Law/Chaos choices but somehow ended up *slightly* more Law, until siding with Walter over whether to side with or kill Lilith. After that decision I am neutral. Trying to stay neutral until the hard lock hits, what can I do from here to ensure that?

What I did is do slightly more chaos than law, since the game forces you to get some law points right before the big decision.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Hey a P4A sequel is happening. Junpei and Yukari confirmed.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nevermind, that's Naoto.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Junpei looks dumb, dont care

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We're never getting Persona 5. Atlus is just trolling at this point. :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Metal Gear vs. Persona.

Which franchise can spin their wheels the longest?! The battle to move the canon forward marches on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yukari looks like the teacher character whose name escapes me.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Nate RFB posted:

Toriumi, I think.

And I'm glad Junpei grew up into a fine, upstanding drug addict.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Nate RFB posted:

She's apparently a super sentai actress now.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

El Belmondo posted:

Toriumi, I think.

And I'm glad Junpei grew up into a fine, upstanding drug addict.

Drugs are the only way to explain that hair, yikes! :stare:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah what is going on with pink ranger yukari these days

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Yeah what is going on with pink ranger yukari these days

According to her character profile, she is literally a Pink Ranger on a sentai show.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I like how out of all the P3 cast members, Junpei is apparently the only one capable of dressing himself like a normal human being. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, Junpei looks a lot cooler with a backwards hat.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Junpei looks dumb, dont care

Junpei looks exactly like he should. It's perfect. :allears:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

So after finishing SMT4, I decided to pick up Nocturne again. I hadn't gotten far before, only to Ginza. Does anyone have recommendations for demon negotiations in this one? Demons seem a lot more demanding in general and fickle than in 4, and I'm so early in the game it kinda hurts my resources to fail talks.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

According to her character profile, she is literally a Pink Ranger on a sentai show.

Well, I know who I'm maining.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So wait is do we know what consoles this will be released on ?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I hope they add some of the Persona 2 characters. :(

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I hope they add some of the Persona 2 characters. :(

And i hope they add some Persona 1 characters, but we all know neither of these things will ever happen.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kanji still seems to have his original hair, so I guess this still takes place before the P4G epilogue. Might be reading too much into it though.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Everyone on the IT still has their orignal looks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I have confusing feelings about this, on one hand Yukari is my second favorite P3 character and Junpei looks fun as hell on the other, I'm getting tired of Atlus milking the P3/P4 'verse like that.

Where's my Dissidia Megaten or the third Raidou Chapter Atlus? :saddowns:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Junpei has some kind of a baseball HUD.

That's gotta be a weird gimmick.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have confusing feelings about this, on one hand Yukari is my second favorite P3 character and Junpei looks fun as hell on the other, I'm getting tired of Atlus milking the P3/P4 'verse like that.

I don't mind them letting Arcsys keep going with this, because the first one was pretty fun as a fighting game.

If they make another updated port, though... :sigh:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would pay for an SMT Dissidia game. :v:

Honestly, I'm mostly neutral on the P3/4 milking, seeing as how I've never played them before, although it would be nice to have P2 characters (even though it'll never happen :ssh:).

Ryanbomber posted:

I don't mind them letting Arcsys keep going with this, because the first one was pretty fun as a fighting game.

If they make another updated port, though... :sigh:

Persona 4: The Golden Supreme Magical Truth?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

TurnipFritter posted:

It's probably the in-universe Phoenix Ranger Featherman R show since that is the pink one's outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Since P4A had a obvious sequel-hook ending this isn't surprising. I'm happy about the announcement though, I liked P4A.
For the guy who asked earlier it's probably still set during golden week.

I wonder if it will be region-locked this time / delayed by a year here.

Edit: This site says it's an update to P4A, but who knows if it's trustworthy:
http://thesaltminedotcom.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/persona-4-arena-update-two-new-characters/

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 16, 2013