Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Keshik posted:

edit: Also, Vandee. I was talking to Rolle this morning and he hasn't had a chance to raid with us. I'm willing to give him my spot, since I don't need anything except the orange upgrades for desolate poo poo at this point (excepting some stuff that Tsu and Loracia need too and have higher priority for). I'll be around, of course, if needed, but I am more than happy to let him sit in for me.

I don't know poo poo about poo poo except for disconnects and lag, but tonight is EE, and EE isn't the easiest. I'm kinda surprised we don't have a 2nd FT group together yet, I think we need 2 more good, geared tanks for that to happen.

As Esthi and I saw, you can get pretty far in FT with 2 pretty good tanks and 7 poo poo healers.

Did a TDQ night ever get off the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Two Kaaz despawns in a row :cool:

e: three since apparently it just vanished on Faeblight before we ported.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

marhom posted:

Two Kaaz despawns in a row :cool:

e: three since apparently it just vanished on Faeblight before we ported.

I just moved to Faeblight and this is not the problem I'm used to having with Kaaz. (On cluster 2, if you don't get him right after reset you probably aren't getting him at all)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

I don't know poo poo about poo poo except for disconnects and lag, but tonight is EE, and EE isn't the easiest. I'm kinda surprised we don't have a 2nd FT group together yet, I think we need 2 more good, geared tanks for that to happen.

As Esthi and I saw, you can get pretty far in FT with 2 pretty good tanks and 7 poo poo healers.

I can tank 2/4 FT (also TDQ and 1/5 EE and I don't think Kain is very hard to tank) at least and probably more after some practice so yeah we have at least 1 tank

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 14, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

StumblyWumbly posted:

We need a TDQ night? I thought that was an hour run max even pugging. I mean, if I'm around I'll carry you guys through it for gear and whatnot.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

We need a TDQ night? I thought that was an hour run max even pugging. I mean, if I'm around I'll carry you guys through it for gear and whatnot.

I don't know about "need" but it'd be a good place for folks to get raid experience, and folks were talking about setting one up earlier.

KaneTW posted:

I can tank 2/4 FT (also TDQ and 1/5 EE and I don't think Kain is very hard to tank) at least and probably more after some practice so yeah we have at least 1 tank

We'll chat!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
What's the 61 WL build? Is it 61WL/15RB/0TEMP or 61WL/15PARA/0TEMP? Folks on the official forums can't seem to decide which is better.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

Rianeva posted:

If you're on windows 7, it might be this.

Also 64-bit Vista.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

What's the 61 WL build? Is it 61WL/15RB/0TEMP or 61WL/15PARA/0TEMP? Folks on the official forums can't seem to decide which is better.

61wl 6bm 9rb. obviously 5/5 swiftness in bm and vicious blow, and 5/5 elem flux + 3/3 elemental empowerment in rb. the last point has to be spent in rb but you can put it wherever you want.

e: another variant is to have 2/2 surging energy and 2/3 elemental empowerment. i think this is easier on you energy-wise but since i keep my off-gcds on a separate key ive never had a problem with this as long as i pay attention.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 14, 2013

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#5g8/8kGGGGGGliGg/2gJ

Builder:
#show King of the Hill
suppressmacrofailures
cast King of the Hill
cast Decisive strike
cast Piercing Thrust
cast Backhand
cast Vicious Blow

Finisher:
#show Killing Field
suppressmacrofailures
cast Killing field
cast Brutal Strike

Own key: Battle Surge, Tactical Surge, Empowering Strike, Cutting Slash, Flamespear, Breaking Blow, Arterial Strike, Clear the Breach, No Permission to Die.

Some people put Arterial Strike in the builder macro, but I don't! It helps me micromanage the attack point gain a bit easier since my brain cannot handle getting 3AP out of 1 GCD sometimes, and it's a bit less energy intensive to just cast it to re-apply the DoT rather than spamming it for the extra 3k hits. With the change to Surging Energy today you may be able to just dump it into the macro and just forget about it, we'll see tonight. There's some hubbablub about putting A Quick Death into your builder macro too but I haven't tested it really so for now I'm gonna leave it out.

There's not really a smooth rotation since attack point gaining is a bit crazy, so it's more of a priority based spec. The whole idea with this spec is keeping up your buffs and 5 DOTs on the target at all times, and spamming your builder and finisher inbetween.

Things to keep track of:
Empowering Strike (Builder, 15s buffs)
Arterial Strike (Builder, OGCD 10s dot)
Cutting Slash (Builder, 3 stacks, 15s dot, don't let this fall off)
Flamespear (Builder, 15s dot)
Battle Surge (Finisher, OGCD 60s selfbuff)
Tactical Surge (Finisher, OGCD 60s selfbuff)
Breaking Blow (Finisher, 12s debuff on monster)

As long as those are all up hit your builder macro and finisher macro. You gain AP erratically so try your best to hit the finisher button whenever you have 3 AP, unless for some reason Cutting Slash is about to fall off. This spec requires living energy/anthem cost reduction so if you want to try to dummy practice it make Murven sit there and bard for you imo. You literally have one ranged ability and target switching blows so it's a limited spec but it shits out gigantic crits like crazy so it's fun to play.

Edit: oh yeah you need the Warlord raid crystal.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 14, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

What's the priority on cooldowns? I imagine it would be:
1. Cutting Slash
2. Battle Surge
3. Tactical Surge
4. Empowering Strike
5. Breaking Blow.
6. Arterial Strike
7. Flame Spear

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

What's the priority on cooldowns? I imagine it would be:
1. Cutting Slash
2. Battle Surge
3. Tactical Surge
4. Empowering Strike
5. Breaking Blow.
6. Arterial Strike
7. Flame Spear

Basically how I start the fight is:

~Start with 3 AP~
Battle Surge
Empower -> Cutting Slash x2 -> Tactical Surge
Arterial Strike -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow
Macro x 3 -> Finisher

Then whenever I need to reapply I just go Empowering -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow, and do the Surges when they need to be refreshed.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 14, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Keshik posted:

Tsu, I don't know poo poo about Bladedancer. Do these changes make it viable?

Also, I have a feeling that that Sab change is actually huge.

It's a nice change, but the problem is, was, and will continue to be that sab is a spec for trash. And maybe Twins.

BD was "viable" before, it just has no way to deal with disconnects and isn't ahead of even NB, let alone Sin. If you can do good damage with BD on a single target fight, you'll do better damage with Sin because they have the same ability to deal with disconnects (none) and Sin only loses ~5% DPS when it can't get behind the target, which is a much smaller loss than it would be to change specs from Sin, which is good, as with positional bonuses it's our spec that's parsing the same as Inquisitor. :laffo:

Right now our big ST DPS specs are Sin and Ranger, everything else in their category is significantly behind and only worth running in event of disconnects (61 NB) or needing a purge/interrupt (MM). Matriarch spec is still Tact/MM, and general purpose AoE/ST is probably still gonna be NB/Sin (because it does about as much as BD in both scenarios, but provides a raid buff in Lethal Poison if we have no Champs, and of course can actually still do damage during disconnects). And we can't even really bring target switching into the equation because ALL of these specs suck at target switching (aside from MM [don't run MM for DPS]).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

vandiar posted:

Basically how I start the fight is:

~Start with 3 AP~
Battle Surge
Empower -> Cutting Slash x2 -> Tactical Surge
Arterial Strike -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow
Macro x 3 -> Finisher

Then whenever I need to reapply I just go Empowering -> Cutting Slash -> Flamespear -> Breaking Blow, and do the Surges when they need to be refreshed.

do you hate your tanks and relish the opportunity to give them a hard time? i know i do! here's a more bursty opener that is 100% guaranteed to draw aggro from a tank that isn't doing a max threat rotation straight away:

quote:

Battle Surge
Piercing Thrust - Decisive Strike - Piercing Thrust
Tactical Surge
Empowering Strike - Flamespear - Cutting Slash
Breaking Blow
Arterial Strike - Cutting Slash x2
Killing Field

use this on salvarola (and be quick with no permission to die) if you enjoy ruining everything for your tanks :allears:

also ultane, but ultane barely has a dps check so w/e

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Could use an invite on my dude.
Name's Inimic.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

use this on salvarola (and be quick with no permission to die) if you enjoy ruining everything for your tanks :allears:

also ultane, but ultane barely has a dps check so w/e

Did they ever fix Warlord abilities having innate threat modifiers?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

Did they ever fix Warlord abilities having innate threat modifiers?

they fixed breaking blow, but that didn't stop me pulling falconer off a tank today, so i'd say probably not. i would say there's a lot of snap threat in that rotation though (your off gcds start firing around ~10 seconds in) so it's more likely that you'll pull early in the fight rather than midway through.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Someone posted on the last page, but if you're crashing on launch suddenly it's probably due to a W7 patch:

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1699

Also seems to break Defiance.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I uninstalled that update and the game works fine now. Actually I seem to have some improved FPS now, not sure where it came from as there weren't any performance tweaks mentioned in the patch notes.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If bosses are immune to the debuff from Death's Touch for Paragons, do you still get the increased damage from the 4 piece raid crystal?

Edit: I don't know what Paragon build any of you guys or gals are using, but I think I could use a little help optimizing it. When I use something like Combat Focus - Reaping Harvest or Flurry and Reaping Harvest, it activates a Follow Up attack. So I'm kind of stuck doing a 2 point finisher with my rotation and buttons.

These are my macros and my rotations and build

Build - http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=1863 (I think I'm going to switch this from 8 Warlord to 8 Champion)

Macro 1
#show Shifting Blades
suppressmacro failures
cast Open the Stream
cast Shifting Blades
cast Setting Moon

Macro 2
#show Death Touch
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Death Touch

Macro 3
#show Swift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Swift Strike

Macro 4 (Only used on enemies at 30% HP or less.)
#show Swift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Final Blessing
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Swift Strike

Rotation

1 x 3
2 x 3
3 x 9 (4 x 9 at 30% HP or Less)
1 x 3
3 x 3 (4 x 3 at 30% HP or less)
Flurry - Reaping Harvest
3 x 2 (4 x 2 at 30% HP or Less)

Self-Buffed, my own dimension, raid boss dummy, no paragon crystal.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 15, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Has anybody else had any problems using Rift Mobile today?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Wow... Riftblade isn't energy starved any more and I got about a 1k DPS increase with these changes.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

So yea. He also sent me chat logs of me saying to guild that "some dudes trying to report me to a gm, if he talks to you just pass him around."

"Scamming".

Right.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I don't get it, how is that scamming?

You get the item before you send the plat?

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Character: Ixxit

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

SlayVus posted:

I don't get it, how is that scamming?

You get the item before you send the plat?

Yes, you see. Clearly I, who never wanted to, nor expressed willingness to send him anything, am the scammer. I'd show you the mail I was given, but it was just a generic "your friend bought you this item" letter.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Yes, you see. Clearly I, who never wanted to, nor expressed willingness to send him anything, am the scammer. I'd show you the mail I was given, but it was just a generic "your friend bought you this item" letter.

Did you send him the 915p after he sent the ring?

Edit: Did he even send the ring?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 15, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

SlayVus posted:

Did you send him the 915p after he sent the ring?

Why would I do that?

Read my responses carefully. His initial message is broadcasted in CrossEvents. After that it's all whispers. Nowhere in that conversation was it shown that I agreed to pay him anything, nor him confirming any payment.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Kreczor posted:

Why would I do that?

Read my responses carefully. His initial message is broadcasted in CrossEvents. After that it's all whispers. Nowhere in that conversation was it shown that I agreed to pay him anything, nor him confirming any payment.

Does seem suspect, because if that works I can just do that to anyone and claim they didn't send me my money.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
http://www.twitch.tv/cynicalshotgun/c/2753936

RIP Kreczor.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kreczor got cleaved so hard he got suspended it for it.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Kreczor posted:

Why would I do that?

If I am reading it correctly, he offered a particular ring for 915p, you whispered him asking for the ring then after receiving it did not pay. That sounds like you scammed him out of 915p.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I'm in game, playing as Validra, also Ixxit is in my PQ group right now. Anybody on that can ginvite?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ragle posted:

If I am reading it correctly, he offered a particular ring for 915p, you whispered him asking for the ring then after receiving it did not pay. That sounds like you scammed him out of 915p.

Nah that's really not what happened, this is my take on it:

We'll refer to the "vendor" as Party X and the "buyer" as Mr. K.

Party X runs a "Service" by which Party X uses the gifting feature of the game to give Bound to Account items (essentially not meant to be tradeable to other players) to other players in return for a nonbinding contract through tells that the recipient of Party X's Services reciprocates compensation of 915 Platinum.

Mr. K encounters Party X through a public means of communication and enters into a covenant with Party X for Party X's service. Mr. K then reneges on payment through the technically correct claim that he never agreed to pay. Party X then contacts administrators and gets Mr. K suspended.

Note that Party X is making a clever use of game mechanics for some form of gain while I will refrain from making a moral judgment upon Mr. K's actions because that is irrelevant to the record at large.

Anyway basically an exploiter actually has the gall to call the police on Kreczor which is what tops off this hilarity. Also Ayn Rand happened somehow which is still really :psyboom:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ragle posted:

This is also what it sounded like when you guys were talking about it the other day, but now we can see he literally asked for the ring and then refused to pay for it.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

If bosses are immune to the debuff from Death's Touch for Paragons, do you still get the increased damage from the 4 piece raid crystal?

Edit: I don't know what Paragon build any of you guys or gals are using, but I think I could use a little help optimizing it. When I use something like Combat Focus - Reaping Harvest or Flurry and Reaping Harvest, it activates a Follow Up attack. So I'm kind of stuck doing a 2 point finisher with my rotation and buttons.

These are my macros and my rotations and build

Build - http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=1863 (I think I'm going to switch this from 8 Warlord to 8 Champion)

Macro 1
#show Shifting Blades
suppressmacro failures
cast Open the Stream
cast Shifting Blades
cast Setting Moon

Macro 2
#show Death Touch
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Death Touch

Macro 3
#show Swift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Swift Strike

Macro 4 (Only used on enemies at 30% HP or less.)
#show Swift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Final Blessing
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Swift Strike

Rotation

1 x 3
2 x 3
3 x 9 (4 x 9 at 30% HP or Less)
1 x 3
3 x 3 (4 x 3 at 30% HP or less)
Flurry - Reaping Harvest
3 x 2 (4 x 2 at 30% HP or Less)

Self-Buffed, my own dimension, raid boss dummy, no paragon crystal.

the crystal does do extra damage to raid bosses and will overall add around 300 dps.

you're straight up butchering your paragon rotation with that flurry and the 8 warlord, and wasting your shifting blades procs. a better build would be 61para/8rb/7tempest (the point spread will be obvious). you can also get rid of macro 4 and put final blessing in front of RW in macro 3. an optimal rotation would be:

shock pulse - (charge if youre not in melee range) - rising waterfall - reaping harvest
1 x 3
flamespear - 3 x 2
death touch = 3 x 2
shock pulse - 3 x 2
3 x 3
1 x 3
flamespear - 3 x 2
combat focus - reaping harvest {use flurry here if you're power starved. should never happen in a raid}
3 x 2 (you can swap this for a 2pt icy burst, does about the same damage, harder to pull off)
3 x 3
3 x 3
repeat

with 2.8k ap/600cp you should be pulling around 14-15k

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Kreczor posted:

So, in pay-after-the-meal restaurants, do you refuse to pay because while there were those prices on the menu, you didn't actually say you were going to pay for what you asked for?

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Hello Sailor posted:

So, in pay-after-the-meal restaurants, do you refuse to pay because while there were those prices on the menu, you didn't actually say you were going to pay for what you asked for?

That would be theft. Kreczor arguably defrauded that pubbie.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Zoness posted:

exploiter

This is dumb. If they didn't want people gifting store items, the ability wouldn't be there. Requesting money for the credits used is not an "exploit." REX in fact, condones the practice.

I'm sorry, it was a scam. It's been a scam since I first heard about it. I like Kreczor, but the defense of "well I didn't say specifically I'd give him money even though that was the deal advertised when I contacted him" is some semantic poo poo some kid tries to get out of a punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

A Fancy Bloke posted:

This is dumb. If they didn't want people gifting store items, the ability wouldn't be there. Requesting money for the credits used is not an "exploit." REX in fact, condones the practice.

I'm sorry, it was a scam. It's been a scam since I first heard about it. I like Kreczor, but the defense of "well I didn't say specifically I'd give him money even though that was the deal advertised when I contacted him" is some semantic poo poo some kid tries to get out of a punishment.

It would be condonable had he traded me a REX. As such, he never left me any room to barter or confirm payment. Instead, as soon as he saw someone link him a ring he instantly transfers and you have to pay him. I'm not going to argue, my wording was poor and that's probably what I'm getting banned for in the end.

Hello Sailor posted:

Do you call a local pizza place, yell PIZZA and expect to pay when it unexpectedly shows up at your door?

Yes. Pizza analogies.

Either way, it's only 24 hours and I appealed it so it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to argue regarding the content of the chat logs since after re-reading it, I can see how dumb I sounded during the initial trade.

• Locked thread