Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

I've played through the game twice, farmed the loot midget section of the Doctor's Orders mission at the beginning of every subsequent sitting, and completed half of a third playthrough and I still have not encountered Jimmy Jenkins.

Ditto. At this point I've pretty much given up on that one,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I've played for over 300 hours (9 runs through story among 3 characters, Doctor's Orders farming, and random play) and have only seen Jimmy Jenkins once (Doctor's Orders). I think it's bullshit that they have such an abysmal appearance rate linked to an Achievement. Hell, I've run into Mamaril at Sanctuary a half dozen times.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

PhilippAchtel posted:

I've played through the game twice, farmed the loot midget section of the Doctor's Orders mission at the beginning of every subsequent sitting, and completed half of a third playthrough and I still have not encountered Jimmy Jenkins.

I found him in a random ammo chest on the way to farm Doctor's Orders last night, then in one of the Doctor's Orders boxes on that same run. :shobon: But there are a lot of bullshit chance-based achievements in both Borderlands games that I really wish Gearbox had thought through better. I completely gave up on 100%ing BL1 when I saw the achievements for Claptrap's DLC, and I don't think I'll fare much better with that Torgue achievement where you have to collect pictures of Moxxi.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The pictures achievement is actually really easy once you hit level 50 or higher. Just farm the Beatdown Bar Brawl for a while and you'll get tons of portraits, in addition to a billion tokens, a pile of experience, and lots of money and random loot drops.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I got most of the pictures just in normal play of Torgue. They dropped rather frequently when I ran it in TVHM. Think I only had to actively farm for one or two.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I was worried about Jimmy Jenkins but it ended up being a non-factor after a little Doctors Orders farming. There were runs where I'd get two in the little room with the boxes. Probably ended up killing him 25 times or so over the course of farming/other playing the game.

Borderlands 2 is by far the most fair platinum trophy I've ever attempted. No bullshit multiplayer trophies, and the shotgun challenge is probably the worst grind of the bunch. I'm used to finishing a few trophies then looking at one on the list, seeing it's utterly insane (GTA4 comes to mind) and giving up.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

GammaShade posted:

I found him in a random ammo chest on the way to farm Doctor's Orders last night, then in one of the Doctor's Orders boxes on that same run. :shobon: But there are a lot of bullshit chance-based achievements in both Borderlands games that I really wish Gearbox had thought through better. I completely gave up on 100%ing BL1 when I saw the achievements for Claptrap's DLC, and I don't think I'll fare much better with that Torgue achievement where you have to collect pictures of Moxxi.

I 100%ed Claptrap's DLC, and then I did it again with my wife.

I guess that puts things in perspective, true.

What have I done with my life!? :(

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man I've hit a huge wall. I just Absolutely Cannot kill Bloodwing in UVHM. I'm on my 57 sniper Zero and it's impossible. Running dangerously low on cash. Anyone feel like getting on and helping me? Or tell me a way to cheese this guy because I'm getting loving mad. I'm on right now at the boss.

gt Angular Squid.

Oh yeah and I've got a legendary Zerker mod if someone wants it!

welp just beat her, ain't that something. Still if someone wants that mod add me!

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 9, 2013

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I got Jimmy Jenkins today. It can be done.

Seriously abuse the hell out of Doctor's Orders for maximum lazy, though.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I just got this game and absolutely love it. I tried the first Borderlands and I really couldn't get into it for some reason so I wrote this one off for a long time until seeing some videos. Whatever it was that bothered me about the first one has certainly been fixed. That Gaige DLC looks awesome but I am going to finish a playthrough with my Zero character first. Is there any form of multiplayer other than the co-op though? I can't seem to find any, it would be cool to have some kind of deathmatch level where everyone starts in a car.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^^ Deathmatch-type fights can be initiated when you attack a teammate in a Co-op session. You will battle for loot in each others' backpacks.

I'm starting to find it rather hilarious how often you'll see someone start the game for the first time through with the Assassin.
Mine only made it to level 20 and I found other characters much more enjoyable. :shobon:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Jake Blues posted:

I'm starting to find it rather hilarious how often you'll see someone start the game for the first time through with the Assassin.
Mine only made it to level 20 and I found other characters much more enjoyable. :shobon:

Assassin is definitely my least favorite class so far. However, once you get the Law and spec info melee, things start rolling.

That said, I've seen Assassin's with Critical Ascension rip through some bosses.

They're alright.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Does the glitch where having two of the same elemental weapons while gunzerking bestow damage to each bullet in the mainhand weapon from the offhand still exist?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jake Blues posted:

I mainly chose the Assassin because his little scene in the intro video was the best and I was looking forward to running around with a cool sword, only later to find out that apparently that sword isn't exactly a "real" weapon you can wield normally - still I do like the whole decoy thing, and I think being a sniper could be fun too if I manage to find a decent sniper rifle.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

I mainly chose the Assassin because his little scene in the intro video was the best and I was looking forward to running around with a cool sword, only later to find out that apparently that sword isn't exactly a "real" weapon you can wield normally - still I do like the whole decoy thing, and I think being a sniper could be fun too if I manage to find a decent sniper rifle.

:allears: My exact predicament. After acknowledging I was going to play the majority of the game solo, it was a lot easier to accept a different class being much more enjoyable to play. I have seen the Assassin's strengths first-hand, but I find the Psycho much more suited to how I hoped to play this game.

Learnin Derby
Jan 26, 2005
Does Pyro Pete the Invincible have a timer where you can only fight him once a day? I beat him then went back to try again and after paying to spawn him and he just stood on the platform up above and wouldn't move.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Learnin Derby posted:

Does Pyro Pete the Invincible have a timer where you can only fight him once a day? I beat him then went back to try again and after paying to spawn him and he just stood on the platform up above and wouldn't move.

Save and quit or leave the area and come back.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Assassin can put out great damage- if you get crits. On a lot of enemies that's really hard and every DLC seems to have added enemies that make it even harder.

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013
I have to say that I have found the siren to be the easiest character to use for solo play. She has great crowd control and can be easily spec'd to receive limited self-healing with a single point in sweet release from the harmony tree. Though the gunzerker is a lot of fun too. My biggest beef with borderlands 2 is that they force you to team up to get good weapon drops regularly and that the builds feel gimped for solo play. And, I miss the awesome loot showers from the first game.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Zero is one of the best end-game classes though. I wish I had a 61 Zero so I could have some melee fun with the raid bosses. Siren is easy mode for mobs in this game, but at the end you think "Oh now I can't do any damage to any of the raid bosses. Thanks Gearbox".

gently caress it I'm starting a Zero too now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kifisonfire posted:

Zero is one of the best end-game classes though. I wish I had a 61 Zero so I could have some melee fun with the raid bosses. Siren is easy mode for mobs in this game, but at the end you think "Oh now I can't do any damage to any of the raid bosses. Thanks Gearbox".

gently caress it I'm starting a Zero too now.

Pretty much, whenever I fight raid bosses with a partner (I main a Siren) I spend most of the battle either incapped, dead, or running away, having legendary guns can only do so much, its a heavy burden to pay for being the Best Class.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

With all the experience and figurative strategy I've cobbled together by playing through the game as all the other classes; it kinda makes sense to leave the Assassin for last after only getting him up to lvl20. The badass rank boosts will also help me climb his skills faster with the additional melee boosts I've been focusing on. :getin:

e: Are there any advised Roid or Maylay shields I should keep my eyes out for?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

With all the experience and figurative strategy I've cobbled together by playing through the game as all the other classes; it kinda makes sense to leave the Assassin for last after only getting him up to lvl20. The badass rank boosts will also help me climb his skills faster with the additional melee boosts I've been focusing on. :getin:

Hide of Terra and... um. Nevermind just Hide of Terra

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013

Jake Blues posted:

The love thumper, because if loving you is wrong...,

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Sorry guy who wanted those Banshee mods, I just moved and the internet at my new place sucks so bad I can't stay connected to Live for more than 10 minutes at a time. Haven't even tried to play BL2 in like 2 weeks. Probably just want to try and get them from somewhere else unless you can stand to wait another couple weeks until I get new internet!

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!
There's been a bit of a mixed reception with the Assassin character so I'm gonna pipe up. Out of the five characters I've started campaigns with (not done Mechromancer yet) I gotta admit that Zero was my first choice and I still rate him as my favourite character, he's not an all-rounder and in many ways he is the most vulnerable of the lot but he is elusive and can deliver phenomenal amounts of melee damage (about half of all my kills with him are by melee). One early skill that is worth maxing out is "Killing Blow" that allows you massive melee damage bonus to enemies that are at low health (plus 500%) which is terrific for dispatching super strong enemies that you've nearly got on the ropes, later combined with "Resurgence" is a great way to keep the health flooding in.
Also when you get the game changer skill that is "Many Must Fall" at the bottom of the right skill tree you will find that it's terrible fun to go into deception predator-style in an area filled with enemies then proceed to link kill after kill as you fly about the battlefield like an invisible bayonet wielding bastard that emerges on top of a pile of corpses. He's currently paired up with the wife's Siren (both level 57) who is offensively overpowered but most definitely the best ally to have on the battlefield.

Since my Psycho has reached the main game changing point at level 31 "Release The Beast" which is the one at the bottom of the middle tree that allows you to go super badass mutant with full health I have become a digusting unstoppable rampage monster. Combined with the "Fuel The Rampage" skill that can be further enhanced by class mods you can get your rampage power back the moment you stop a rampage, then wait until your health is below 33% then get all your health back again. Invincible! As long as you keep the kills coming in, which you will, unless you're trying to melee midgets.
The Psycho is trying very hard to be my favourite character and he's getting there, even though he plays differently to the Assassin I think it's the vampiring health from kills similarity that I appreciate. I don't however appreciate that he smacks himself in the face a lot.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
Borderlands 2 'Dragon Keep Heads' shift codes will be showing up over the next few days, at:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1074/borderlands-2-dragon-keep-heads-shift-codes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And Gearbox continues to ignore the fact that they're already in the game's files and a lot of people already have all of them (except Krieg). They're really pushing Shift these days, aren't they? :allears:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CJacobs posted:

And Gearbox continues to ignore the fact that they're already in the game's files and a lot of people already have all of them (except Krieg). They're really pushing Shift these days, aren't they? :allears:

Well some people play on consoles!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whoops, I forgot this was the console thread. Still, making them drop ingame would have been much better than to shoehorn them into Shift codes. The fact that their "trying something new" ended up just being Shift codes was disappointing.

(Also, they're still in the game already regardless)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I see no problem with this, I use Shift, it takes like 5 seconds to slap in the code and boom, new head, much better than hoping for a super rare drop ingame.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah as someone who doesn't do any of the "downloading saves from other people" thing, I am 100% cool with getting the head from a code. Beats never getting the heads from the other DLCs, because I'm not going to waste hours of my life on farming.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
In the other DLCs you don't need to farm, you just beat the main quests and you should get them. These ones were supposed to be the same they just messed up.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

You're right, I was thinking of the skins in Hammerlock, not the heads.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
You don't have to use shift - you can find them. The page says "Look for these customizations to appear in Dice Chests in-game"

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh yeah those chests I barely ever see anything better than greens in. Shift codes are a pretty good way to distribute them in my opinion.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to the internet I'm currently on being so laughably bad I've gotten double the rewards so far on all the heads. If it keeps up I might end up with five of each head.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Can anyone dupe me a fire sand hawk on xbox? I won't be able to redo the quest without a lot of effort

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Relin posted:

Can anyone dupe me a fire sand hawk on xbox? I won't be able to redo the quest without a lot of effort

Whatever level you need it at, I got you covered later tonight. GT: r0bertc0p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind
Hey, I'm gonna start playing this pretty soon and was wondering what everyone recommends as the most enjoyable class to pick for a first go-round. I'll probably play this as I did the first Borderlands and do as much as possible in the first playthrough, so there's that.

• Locked thread