Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
for Ven...

Zaodai posted:

None of the options particularly tickle my fancy this time, so I vote V for Vendetta on general principle.

Aww, crap.

I mean V for Vengeance! On that guy who probably had another guy murdered!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Wait, those periphery state names are real? I thought that was an elaborate Crusader Kings 2 joke.

e: haha they are wow

Also, voting V.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

thatbastardken posted:

for Ven...

Aww, crap.

I mean V for Vengeance! On that guy who probably had another guy murdered!

I wasn't being particularly clever. I'm pretty sure that's why it is option V instead of A in the first place, since the ship is the Vendetta and it is the obvious reference/joke. :v:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
V, because there can never be enough Davion facepunching.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'll vote B. We sent them out here, now let's send them back!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Voting V as well.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I don't want to set the world on fire...

Eh, who am I kidding. Burn them all. V!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
B! Some of my favourite missions to read about have been the rag-tag underdog ones, like the guerrilla war or the conclusion of the Death Commandos campaign. Let's get it done!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

V - Warships and atom bombs, hoo-haa.

I'm a little bit sad that the Clan death race happened off-screen. The conclusion of the last vote made it sound as if there would be another opportunity to get it selected. Oh well...

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
E – Resisting the Reich. I want to see some new faces!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
V for Very silly excuse to have a nuke-toting space ship be in support of our dudes.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
V!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
B

Especially if there's some long range artillery around.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Going with some good old fashioned V action this time, hopefully.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A bold vote for B and for the glorious underdogs.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

AV

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vendetta Vendetta Vendetta!

Always bet on nukes.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Nothing can stop this nuclear terror, but I'll try with a vote for E.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
B Parallel battles sounds neat.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

B for another fight against the Caps, who need a quick kick in the shins.

B isn't a fight against the Capellans.

Gimmick Account posted:

I'm a little bit sad that the Clan death race happened off-screen. The conclusion of the last vote made it sound as if there would be another opportunity to get it selected. Oh well...

I wanted to get back to a more normal scenario, and decided that a PVP one was bound to make someone angry.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 15, 2013

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I couldn't possibly vote for the TC to use the Vendetta and then not vote for their scenario.

Turn V Battletech

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

I wanted to get back to a more normal scenario, and decided that a PVP one was bound to make someone angry.

Every scenario makes someone angry. Serious business, and all that. I just think it's a missed opportunity.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Gimmick Account posted:

Every scenario makes someone angry. Serious business, and all that. I just think it's a missed opportunity.

I'm pretty happy with that outcome in PTN's fluff though.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Definitely go with B for that feel-good post-apocalyptic storyline, without actually going with the Taurians themselves (who, as I said, are dicks without being clever about it). I hereby dub the chief antagonist the Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rolla in advance, of course.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
The over-under on missions the Vendetta will survive is 0.5, just so you know.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

TildeATH posted:

The over-under on missions the Vendetta will survive is 0.5, just so you know.

I hope the B mission crew gets a Mechwarrior RPG mission to infiltrate a Taurian base to plant a nuke on a dropship bound for the Vendetta.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
V for nukes, Texas etc.

EDIT: The Deep Periphery also includes Axum and the Khwarezmids, apparently :negative:.

Ghost of Babyhead fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 15, 2013

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I enjoyed reading about the clan death race.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MadDogMike posted:

Definitely go with B for that feel-good post-apocalyptic storyline, without actually going with the Taurians themselves (who, as I said, are dicks without being clever about it). I hereby dub the chief antagonist the Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rolla in advance, of course.

The idea that the main villain will be Chris Jericho is delightful.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The magic d6 says I must vote E! All hail the magic d6!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
In a burst of selfishness, I vote D, since at 2.5 lances it'll hopefully use up the most players and make my turn come around that little bit sooner. :yayclod:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'd go with C because that is being neglected, but V it is :(

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die
Voting for B.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

The idea that the main villain will be Chris Jericho is delightful.

I demand promos referring to the rest of the Inner Sphere as hypocrites and gelatinous parasites.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Texas with uranium instead of oil and Authoritarian tendencies.

So Texas with uranium then.

You know who doesn't get to vote? The Sirdar New Syrtis Militia. They didn't vote to secede from the Draconis Suns. They didn't sign off on assassinating the Pope of Periphery Chili-town. They didn't vote to take someone some rear end in a top hat's money to shoot at some other assholes. When everything you know is set ablaze because you made the mistake of existing between two important people, you don't vote. You reach through the vapor and carbon that used to be your father, salvage what you can and use it to beat them back. So it is. So it was; until today. Today someone voted to turn your home into a maelstrom of invisible fire and ash. If you were lucky, your last thought would have been "what's that l-," but you aren't. You're a dying man on a dead world and all that's left to do is to take some voters to hell with you.

B.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
B Because I always like a good underdog fight, and the split map gimmick sounds fun.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So am I misunderstanding or do most people seem to have the idea of B not right? As I understand it, Taurians came, they saw, they nuked, and they moved on. B seems like it'll be a fight against Cappies taking advantage of the havoc the Taurians have left, capitalizing on the defender's now weakened state. I don't think it'll be a fight against the Taurians, unless I misunderstood PTN's earlier post.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Shoeless posted:

So am I misunderstanding or do most people seem to have the idea of B not right? As I understand it, Taurians came, they saw, they nuked, and they moved on. B seems like it'll be a fight against Cappies taking advantage of the havoc the Taurians have left, capitalizing on the defender's now weakened state. I don't think it'll be a fight against the Taurians, unless I misunderstood PTN's earlier post.

On this page, PTN made a post that explicitly said B isn't a fight against the Capellans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Zaodai posted:

On this page, PTN made a post that explicitly said B isn't a fight against the Capellans.

Well shoot. Is is not the same as isn't, huh? Ignore me!

• Locked thread