Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Kreczor, honestly. Did you ask a guy you never met for an epic ring and not know he was expecting money for it? I think we all know the answer, and that's a scam, no matter what semantics you try to put around it.

I mean seriously, you tried to bullshit Trion with it, whatever. Don't really need to bullshit us though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Kreczor, honestly. Did you ask a guy you never met for an epic ring and not know he was expecting money for it? I think we all know the answer, and that's a scam, no matter what semantics you try to put around it.

I mean seriously, you tried to bullshit Trion with it, whatever. Don't really need to bullshit us though.

Kreczor posted:

Either way, it's only 24 hours and I appealed it so it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to argue regarding the content of the chat logs since after re-reading it, I can see how dumb I sounded during the initial trade.

Let's talk about something else now.

Has there been any info on the new class souls? I know they used to have all the ability spells on magelo and then removed. Then I THINK I saw zoness raiding with a mage tank on the PTS. If so, how's warrior healing working out?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Do you call a local pizza place, yell PIZZA and expect to pay when it unexpectedly shows up at your door?

Yes. Pizza analogies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iw0euc4qDk

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I specifically remember some Trion employee stating that the gifting function was not intended to be used to sell items for plat and they would not help you if you got scammed during such a transaction.

e: Here we go. Daglar PM'd this to someone:

quote:

There will be zero enforcement on Trion's end regarding users failing to pay platinum for the gifted items, and zero support given for people that fail to send the gifted item.

That is a buyer beware situation.

~Daglar

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Appeal so that poo poo doesn't go on your record or your next ban however slight will be for 30 days.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Machai posted:

I specifically remember some Trion employee stating that the gifting function was not intended to be used to sell items for plat and they would not help you if you got scammed during such a transaction.

I personally don't agree with what Kreczor did.

However, with Trion having specifically stated prior to his punishment, that there would be no punishment in such situation, now I'm going to be a bit pissed off at Trion if his punishment isn't reversed.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Like I've said I'm not defending Kreczor but the people who he "ripped off" were exploiting a system to deliver what is effectively raid gear to circumvent account binds, ostensibly for profit. Their violation is a lot more explicit and there is nothing written per se about accepting a gift and then not giving anything in return.

So yeah, I think the GM is at fault here. Kreczor probably deserves a slap on the wrist (mostly for being himself) but the guy effectively selling BoA items for plat is actually breaking how a system is intended.

It's (not really) the digital equivalent of ripping off the mafia Nicholas Cage's character in Lord of War and then them having the police arrest you, so I guess it's not actually that weird.

Kreczor posted:

Let's talk about something else now.

Has there been any info on the new class souls? I know they used to have all the ability spells on magelo and then removed. Then I THINK I saw zoness raiding with a mage tank on the PTS. If so, how's warrior healing working out?

Liberator was pretty overpowered last saturday -- I won't get to test again this weekend cuz busy but according to RR it's a lot like warden with good ST options too or something like that.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 15, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Machai posted:

Do I talk to pubbies and steal their money, or do I save myself having to talk to pubbies :ohdear:

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I'm curious as to why Kreczor would even do it. I imagine you already have two raid rings, and that the store-bought items cannot be broken down for dreaming stars. Was it purely out of a desire to scam the guy?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Keshik posted:

I'm curious as to why Kreczor would even do it. I imagine you already have two raid rings, and that the store-bought items cannot be broken down for dreaming stars. Was it purely out of a desire to scam the guy?

Because it's BiS, I'd imagine.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Keshik posted:

It was the tanking ring.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Oh hey, that's actually a good idea. I wonder if he's still selling, I can scam him too...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

Oh hey, that's actually a good idea. I wonder if he's still selling, I can scam him too...

After the conversation with several goons, the guy went on a tangent about never trusting Goon Squad again in crossevents. Good luck!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
If the GM included guild chat in the notes, he may have just wanted to slap down a dude for laughing about being a scammer. That makes it seem like less of an honest misunderstanding.
Kreczor got this like a minute after we killed Crucia, which was cool of them.

Alternate explanation: Phydra paid the GM so he could get int EE and upgrade 3 blues into raid purples.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kreczor posted:

After the conversation with several goons, the guy went on a tangent about never trusting Goon Squad again in crossevents. Good luck!

Drop guild, scam, re-join guild. Or if rings are BOA not BOP, just use an alt.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Alternate explanation: Phydra paid the GM so he could get int EE and upgrade 3 blues into raid purples.

This doesn't explain the second ring beneath the foundation of Frozen Tempest :tinfoil:

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

This doesn't explain the second ring beneath the foundation of Frozen Tempest :tinfoil:

Squares have 4 sides, Rift has 4 classes, BUT sqaures also have insides, so Frozen Tempest has a ring.

9 Souls = 8 corners to a cube + 1 FT Ring = 9=11-2 Towers

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've decided to give this another try with the game going free to play. I have like 90k store credit from my account age and subscription time. Are there super awesome account wide perks to buy or anything besides xp pots to but to make leveling easier? I have like 25 pots per character already.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Kreczor is a plague upon humanity and I don't know if Goon Squad's saintly guild roster can harbor such filth.

Anyways, I'm going to post about Paragon stuff now

I personally use the 10 Champ/5 Tempest version
http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#7nA/3kllayGGGli/Vg

My macros are:

Macro 1
#show Setting Moon
cast Open the Stream
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Setting Moon

Macro 2
#show Shock Pulse
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Shifting Blades
cast Shock Pulse

Macro 3
#show Sweep
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
Cast Sweet

Macro 4
#show Death Touch
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Reaping Harvest
cast Death Touch
cast Swift Strike

Macro 5
#show Combat Focus
cast Combat Focus
cast Reaping Harvest

My rotation is

1-1-1
2-2-2
3-3-3
4-4-4
4-4-4

1-1-1
2-2-2
3-3-3
5-5
4->4->4->4->4

Repeat

I've tried both variants, they both parse pretty similar. I like this one more though.

Although, after the buffs to Riftblade yesterday, it's only coming in about 1.2k or so behind in a pure dummy parse, and with Riftblade still having decent disconnect despite the SP nerf, and having good AoE on top of it, you will probably do more effective DPS on most fights as Riftblade over Paragon. Any fight that you would be beating Riftblade with Paragon you could probably have used Warlord instead :v:
I really am not seeing much use for Paragon at the moment.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How the hell did you get 90k credits? Ummm well get the SL souls if you don't have them, the bag is good, change yourself to a female bahmi with a fro obviously, unlock the bag slots on your char, maybe bank slots and crafting skills. There is nothing super awesome, it's a good f2p model.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This ring poo poo is the worst tangent this thread has ever gone on. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've decided to give this another try with the game going free to play. I have like 90k store credit from my account age and subscription time. Are there super awesome account wide perks to buy or anything besides xp pots to but to make leveling easier? I have like 25 pots per character already.

Off the top of my head:

-32 or 36 slot bag, I forget the size, the biggest sack you can find on there.
-Fast mount. If you already have a 110% mount just save your credits and buy the 150% when you hit 60.
-Storm Legion souls.
-Brevanic Teleporter device

I can't think of anything else, but there's a bunch of things you can use those credits for at 60 at least.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

vandiar posted:

Macro 2
#show Shock Pulse
cast Final Blessing
cast Rising Waterfall
cast Shifting Blades
cast Shock Pulse

You might also want to consider putting Shock Pulse on a separate key if you don't want to be stepping out of boss range to cast it. If you don't know, Shock Pulse triggers a (15s?) buff called Amped which buffs your AP if you have the points in tempest. Based off what I can tell without access to the game, this macro won't ever hit shock pulse. Or at least, that's what I can tell via vandees rotation.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

You might also want to consider putting Shock Pulse on a separate key if you don't want to be stepping out of boss range to cast it. If you don't know, Shock Pulse triggers a (15s?) buff called Amped which buffs your AP if you have the points in tempest. Based off what I can tell without access to the game, this macro won't ever hit shock pulse. Or at least, that's what I can tell via vandees rotation.

That macro will fire off shock pulse if you are in melee range with 0 AP and no follow-up buff.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

vandiar posted:

That macro will fire off shock pulse if you are in melee range with 0 AP and no follow-up buff.

Don't you still get horrible macro delay when you macro in rising waterfall and other followers?

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Zoness posted:

Don't you still get horrible macro delay when you macro in rising waterfall and other followers?

I have tried both macro'd and unmacro'd and I still get the same DPS. I don't notice any lag significant enough to drop any GCDs while doing it on the dummy and on raids. I'm not sure what is different now, because way back when when you were Champ/Para for ST you definitely did not want to macro followups because that was some insane macro lag.

edit: If you experience lag you can remove the followers from the macros and put Rising Waterfall/Final Blessing on their own button, and just go 1-Followup-1, 2-Followup-2, etc, that's how I did it when I was trying both ways.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 15, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Eltoasto posted:

How the hell did you get 90k credits? Ummm well get the SL souls if you don't have them, the bag is good, change yourself to a female bahmi with a fro obviously, unlock the bag slots on your char, maybe bank slots and crafting skills. There is nothing super awesome, it's a good f2p model.

My fault, it's 21k, I did the year deal when SF came out, but burned out on my Mage by 53. Want to try this time since they seem to be going in a more technological bent for them.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Buy a swimsuit while you still can!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
If you're going to buy a bunch of stuff, I think buying Patron gets you -10% discount on the shop.
Don't bother with notoriety or token bonuses until SL. Don't bother with token bonus until 60, but once you hit 60 both are really good if you're going to sit down and grind for a bit.
XP pots can be awesome. You may have 2 kinds of XP potions, depending on how old you are. There's Veteran's potions that only count on kills, and work differently for PA xp vs regular xp when you're past level 50. Then there's the potions you get from the shop that are straight 80% increase for kills and quests.
Be Warned!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Buy a poo poo ton of boxes, sell the runes and stuff for crazy profit, never pay money for patron ever again.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Be warned, there is a small update that fixes the 64 bit crash that deals with the Windows update, however it now crashes 32 bit versions. I can't play RIFT right now because it crashes after I hit play.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zoness posted:

Macro lag was mostly fixed, there are very few instances of it still in game. As long as you have at least short ability queue.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Keshik posted:

Buy a swimsuit while you still can!

Are they really only available for a limited time? As long as you have the currency saved up all regular seasonal items are available year-round, you just can't get the currency outside of the season. Swimsuits are bout with credits though so I assumed it was a new premium costume item that they introduced during the appropriate season.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Stanley Pain posted:

Buy a poo poo ton of boxes, sell the runes and stuff for crazy profit, never pay money for patron ever again.

The thwarting and mirror runes (most common I've found from boxes) sell for poo poo lately. I've been checking out the market on several servers. All poo poo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bonapartisan posted:

The thwarting and mirror runes (most common I've found from boxes) sell for poo poo lately. I've been checking out the market on several servers. All poo poo.

Tank gear tends to lose demand after guilds have their tanks and off-tanks suited up, especially as 10-man doing declines a bit.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Bussamove posted:

This ring poo poo is the worst tangent this thread has ever gone on. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

Well that seems like a pretty good record then.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Oraculum Animi posted:

Be warned, there is a small update that fixes the 64 bit crash that deals with the Windows update, however it now crashes 32 bit versions. I can't play RIFT right now because it crashes after I hit play.

Yeah, getting the same. I looked on the forums and all I got was some poo poo about uninstalling a windows update that I don't have

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Tank gear tends to lose demand after guilds have their tanks and off-tanks suited up, especially as 10-man doing declines a bit.

those runes are useless. no tank would want to take 96 block/deflect over 55 endurance.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

those runes are useless. no tank would want to take 96 block/deflect over 55 endurance.

Man like I care which tank runes are which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Macro lag was mostly fixed, there are very few instances of it still in game. As long as you have at least short ability queue.

BD's follow-ups can create macro lag still, but based off conversations I've had with folks who actually run it for more than testing, it's less noticeable in raids than while testing. :iiam:

• Locked thread