Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Aenslaed posted:

7*. They are literally called Red [weapon type]. They were released when AQs came out and only drop in AQs. They do however, drop like candy and are purchasable from myshop for 1k meseta. They were released to establish a new baseline on gear, so people weren't going into high level content using 6*. There are still 9* options (All Lambda weapons with Immediate Strike Potential) that are better, but there is no excuse to be rocking a 6* at L50+. Bravers excluded.

I think he was asking about this part:

Tengames posted:

some braver attacks calculate damage with dex supposedly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't know why anybody would use anything less than a seven star anyway. Even Braver seven star weapons go for like 1k meseta. I'm only level 22, that kind of money is stupidly easy to get.

edit: Yeah, I was talking about the dex calculation.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

One and the Same posted:

I don't know why anybody would use anything less than a seven star anyway. Even Braver seven star weapons go for like 1k meseta. I'm only level 22, that kind of money is stupidly easy to get.

The shieldless 6* Katana is better than every 7*, 8* and the blue 9* Katana.

edit: Although that 9* Katana would be better if you potentialled it.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I pimped out a Lambda Sarizania yesterday, since I had some spare cash and felt like testing it out. With 50 element and the JA bonus, it's pretty respectable even against 50+ mobs, though obviously still outclassed by the 10 star trade-ins I have for other types. It feels like with an 800+ ATK katana, you'd be on par with a comparable Wired Lance or Partisan for trash killing ability. Since the 10 stars currently available are around 680 and 700 ATK for 300 and 320 DEX required to equip, we'll almost certainly see 800+ ATK weapons at the 600+ S-ATK and 380+ DEX tier.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Edit: disregard

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

One and the Same posted:

edit: Yeah, I was talking about the dex calculation.

This. I just go down the rare weapon list on Cirnopedia and paste things that would work for me into the item finder until I find one that has a billion listed for 1k meseta.

I am pretty much set for 40 levels worth of equipment on the 2 classes I play.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Well as we said, the 2nd tier 6 star katana is better than every 7-9 star katana save for Lambda Salizania. The same goes for bows.

The only reason to use anything else is if you do not have 353 base dex yet to equip a Vita Esrain

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

No love for bows.

When I took a break from my Ranger there was only the first three classes. Now I picked it back up as Braver, and since I still had my 100% DEX mag, I sunk points into the Braver Mag skill and used bow. Not only do I tear poo poo up, but all five of the Photon Arts for bow are fun as hell! This video does a nice job explaining them all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8cYGL1qKQA

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I just received an email from play-asia saying that they now sell webmoney via paypal or credit card. These are the rates:

WebMoney - 2000 Point Prepaid Card
JPN US$ 26.90 24h
WebMoney - 5000 Point Prepaid Card
JPN US$ 58.90 24h

nerdz fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 15, 2013

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

nerdz posted:

I just received an email from play-asia saying that they now sell webmoney via paypal or credit card. These are the rates:

WebMoney - 2000 Point Prepaid Card
JPN US$ 26.90 24h
WebMoney - 5000 Point Prepaid Card
JPN US$ 58.90 24h

That seems like a very good price.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN posted:

write a PSO2 short story where the stylings must match an 80s or 90s sitcom and you must include the characters in said sitcom in a lore friendly way.

My fanfic stars Dawn and Kirbs trading outfits.

COME ON PSOBB STEP IT UP

Mazzletoff fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

fuxxo posted:

They're finally selling digital cards too, so you no longer have to pay for shipping and wait for the card to arrive at your door!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-15-%22Web+Money%22.html

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 15, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

fuxxo posted:

It is. That's the cheapest price I've seen for third-party Webmoney.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

Hey guys, I (Triclops) probably won't be logging in very much for a bit. Go ahead and boot me from the team if you need room for anyone.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

fuxxo posted:

Very good- the site I went to had a 10-12 dollar markup on 5000 AC cards.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Tengames posted:

There's also the red weapons, which despite the hidden dex penalty are still pretty good

Whooooaaaa! This is the first that I'm hearing about this. :monocle:

How severe is the penalty? Is it bad enough that I ought to be using the 9* Lambda weapons instead, or does the ability to easily get 50 element on a Red help to compensate?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Captain Keene posted:

Whooooaaaa! This is the first that I'm hearing about this. :monocle:

How severe is the penalty? Is it bad enough that I ought to be using the 9* Lambda weapons instead, or does the ability to easily get 50 element on a Red help to compensate?
Some 9* Lambda weapons are just as easy to 50 element as a red weapon.
Also note that rare items that aren't the red series also give a hidden Dex bonus, stabilizing your damage.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So, something happened when I was trying to do that stupid Cake Sisters CO last night.

Naturally, the first Parallel World I see in over 800 hours of play would be while I'm solo, on my Vita and with two minutes left on the clock. And naturally, I'd get obliterated by Haze Draal quick smart because I was trying to fight the lock-on away from the stupid Diggnuts.

Naura Sisters ruin everything.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

So, something happened when I was trying to do that stupid Cake Sisters CO last night.

Naturally, the first Parallel World I see in over 800 hours of play would be while I'm solo, on my Vita and with two minutes left on the clock. And naturally, I'd get obliterated by Haze Draal quick smart because I was trying to fight the lock-on away from the stupid Diggnuts.

Naura Sisters ruin everything.

I blame the Vita. Don't buy a Vita.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Few notes about parallel areas:

They can still trigger in Single Party Areas after you complete the quest, so feel free to check the whole map if you aren't pressed for time.

Enemies spawn at the same level as the standard level for the map, so if the base is 51+, you can score level 15 disks and AQ class rares (low chance, obviously).

The gate won't disappear unless you leave the instance completely or enter the gate. Once you go in, it's gone for good, so be very careful about picking up drops around the exit gate.

Rarely, a gate will spawn at your location on quest clear if it's a SPA.

The musical cue occasionally bugs out, so stay alert.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Worth noting is that Parallel Area teleporters actually show up on the map now, so that's nice.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, that's what I meant with the last one about the music cue. Used to be that the music would bug out and it would spawn behind you or outside your draw distance and you'd have no idea it was there. Haven't found any since the change went in of course, but that's typical, really.

EDIT: By weird coincidence, I just hit my first parallel area in at least a month after completing Beach Wars. Beat down 51 Ong and Elena solo as Hu/Fi with just one close call, got level 15 Slash Rave for my troubles.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 18, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Thread's been dead, but they announced some upcoming changes to the crystal emergency trial and the way enemy spawning works in PSE bursts, so it sounds like crystal farming is gonna get nerfed hard. The changes are supposed to go live on 9/4. Personally, I don't really care that much, since scumming maps for crystals is boring as hell, I just hope it doesn't effect burst farming in AQs too much.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
I'm playing on ship 10 and somehow I was drafted into a Japanese team. I spend my days trying to scrape by with my elementary level communication skills, but thankfully they're pretty patient.
Recently I followed them on a Haze draal farming run which was pretty eye opening to me.
Basically, they load up the quest and a rotation of players in the party is set up. Party members then take turns running to area 3. The runner is assigned party leader. If its a chrome dragon, the runner passes party leadership to the next runner and the next runner reloads the quest. If its a haze draal, then everybody teleports to area 3 and to increase the drop count, kill all the haze draal adds.
We managed to get two haze draals that day, but I didn't get any nice drops.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That's the quick way of doing it, but if you want to ensure more drops, you send in 2 people to start clearing trash as soon as the runner hits Area 2. When the runner finds Chrome, then the ship member can re-up the quest, and if it's Haze, then the two guys on trash duty will kill as they go, taking a direct route to Area 3. Ra/Hu or Gu/Hu make great trash killers, and Hu/Fi or Fi/Hu are good runners, since they can just ignore any hits they might take and keep dashing.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Well, got my first parallel world portal.

It was rappies.

On the plus side, I also got an umballa stick in a beach EQ.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, finally asked around about the team accessories and apparently we're going to have to pick either the cape or the beret, not both. So, we're going to have to vote during the next day or two on which one, and pick a color that the entire team has to wear it with.

The capes:

Or the berets:

You can pitch other colors if you want, this is just all I had in mind for the previews at this time.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 23, 2013

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I vote blue cape.

Lenaway fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 24, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Red capes or berets sound good.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 23, 2013

Nihilith
Feb 24, 2011
Voting capes, suggesting purple, but any color is cool.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
My vote's for black cape.

Edit: Didn't realize it was one or the other, sorry.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gonna go with black capes.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Black capes.

Railgun
Aug 12, 2010
Skyly blue capes.

Sid the Squid
Jul 9, 2005

Kinda saw it coming.

Railgun posted:

Skyly blue capes.
Capes are best, this shade of blue is bestest and most appropriate.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Piss-yellow cape, go for it.

Edit: Changed my vote to blue.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 24, 2013

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I think capes work better just because hats are more prone to clipping through hairstyles like the pompadour.

Saints purple never goes out of style.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Red beret + ocelot hands emote(my dream).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

My vote is going to Black or Red Berets. The non-goon team member that I've sponsored feels the same way. Though, I do have to admit that the red cape would look ballin' on my golden gilded knightbot.

• Locked thread