Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
Just bought this 2009 Thruxton, 3k miles;

This thing makes my naked 06' SV650 look like a loving joke. I feel really guilty about instantly losing love for my SV, but as soon as I got on the Thruxton it was all over. I am going to be selling the SV in the next couple weeks and it feels like I'm breaking up with a perfectly lovely and fantastic girl just because out of nowhere I've met one that is better and more attractive. I loved my SV, I rode it almost everyday, but now it is time to move on.

But really it is just a thing I'm getting rid of for another thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Twozzok posted:

I'm like 5'9" maybe 5'10" when I sit up straight. It was £2600 on the road. Which included road tax and first registration etc.

... seven days....

Also, I really want to play on one of those.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

ynotony posted:

This thing makes my naked 06' SV650 look like a loving joke. I feel really guilty about instantly losing love for my SV, but as soon as I got on the Thruxton it was all over. I am going to be selling the SV in the next couple weeks and it feels like I'm breaking up with a perfectly lovely and fantastic girl just because out of nowhere I've met one that is better and more attractive. I loved my SV, I rode it almost everyday, but now it is time to move on.

More pictures. That thing is pretty.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

ynotony posted:

I went through the same exact thing recently when I ditched my SV for a Griso. I rode the Suzuki for a long time and figured I'd miss it, think fondly back to the old days, whatever, but...nope. It's a totally capable bike but it just does nothing to inspire anything resembling passion.

That Thruxton is beautiful and I'll second the request for pics.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
In it's natural enviroment, outside a mountain cabin, after a 7 hour drive with mixed gravel and asphalt. There was even a 30 min stuck in a bog session because sure that shortcut looked driveable. 1993 xl 600v honda transalp. 81k km when I got it this spring. Done about 5k km in 7-8 weeks I've had my license now. I really like it. Got it for a song, but had to spend some time on misc stuff the POs had ignored. Like missing 0,9 l of oil on a 2,6l max cap oil level, a oil flter rusted stuck, 10 year old rear tire etc etc.

And in the other natural enviroment, getting worked on

Edit: fixed links.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Aug 16, 2013

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
S'up muddy Transalp buddy?

What country are you in? We never got those cool colors in the U.S.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I'm in Norway. Yes, they really had some awesome 90s colour schemes.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I have been thinking about trading in the speed four for a new triple, and today I ended up doing it. All in all I think I got a pretty good deal. I got a supervised by me dyno break-in and oil change afterwards, a full arrow exhaust tuned and installed with before and after dyno (next week), GPS tracking for life, battery tender, laptop case, lanyard, and $500 gift card from triumph to buy other accesories online. And still OTD for msrp. I guess they are hard up to sell motorcycles in August in Phoenix when it over 110deg outside.

Out with the old Speed Four

In with the new Speed Triple R

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Holdbrooks posted:

I have been thinking about trading in the speed four for a new triple, and today I ended up doing it. All in all I think I got a pretty good deal. I got a supervised by me dyno break-in and oil change afterwards, a full arrow exhaust tuned and installed with before and after dyno (next week), GPS tracking for life, battery tender, laptop case, lanyard, and $500 gift card from triumph to buy other accesories online. And still OTD for msrp. I guess they are hard up to sell motorcycles in August in Phoenix when it over 110deg outside.

Sexy.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Nice bike, good deal. How do you like it compared to the old?

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Holdbrooks posted:

Sweet bike, looks great in white. I'm probably getting one if/when I eventually get bored with my Street Triple.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Holdbrooks posted:

Fellow Scottsdale rider?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You're not fooling anyone, you're not a rider. :colbert:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if anyone's made a Bōsōzoku version of a Speed Triple yet?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Holdbrooks posted:

Whats up fellow Phoenix goon :hfive:. Even though I don't like the headlights on them, those are both sexy bikes. And for real about the heat, I felt like I was about to have a heat stroke last night stuck in traffic.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

My first bike, a Yamaha Star Bolt R-Spec. Had it about a month now, and love every mile. I've had a bunch of people come up and ask about it, and everyone seems to really like the look. I know I do.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

slidebite posted:

Hahahahaha :suicide:

dimmlight
Aug 24, 2004

Duck_King posted:

My first bike, a Yamaha Star Bolt R-Spec. Had it about a month now, and love every mile. I've had a bunch of people come up and ask about it, and everyone seems to really like the look. I know I do.

Nice looking bike!

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

slidebite posted:

You monster.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

Buying a 2013 or 2014 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special in a few days. So excited. Not so excited about driving in Phoenix in the peak of summer heat with it though.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Tooling around Chicago, I found some really easy to access train tracks with a nice wide trail next to 'em. I want to explore more, but it looks like they're still active based on Google Maps.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Duck_King posted:

drat that's nice. I'd like to get one of those or a CB1100.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

Buying a 2013 or 2014 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special in a few days. So excited. Not so excited about driving in Phoenix in the peak of summer heat with it though.

Not my kind of thing, but good for you. Post some pics when you get it.

As a side, everyone that I know (which is about 3) that have bought a Rod sold it within 2 years. I'm curious to know what you think of it after the novelty wears off.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

Sooooooon...

I'll post when I finally get it. Did your friends say why they stopped liking it?

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago

slidebite posted:

Not my kind of thing, but good for you. Post some pics when you get it.

As a side, everyone that I know (which is about 3) that have bought a Rod sold it within 2 years. I'm curious to know what you think of it after the novelty wears off.

Not my thing either but it looks pretty cool. ^^^^^

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sooooooon...

I'll post when I finally get it. Did your friends say why they stopped liking it?

Truly a ride worthy of a hentai tentacle demon. Pretty sweet as far as harleys go, weird looking pipes though.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
They're silenced so they aren't earbleedingly annoying like most harleys.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I really wish they would make an XR1200 with the VRod engine. I also really want to ride a VRod.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Z3n posted:

I really wish they would make an XR1200 with the VRod engine. I also really want to ride a VRod.

I've ridden one, it's meh by most bike standards by OMFG THIS IS AMAZING compared to other harleys (can't speak for the xr1200). Frustrating rev limiter.

I too want an XR1200 with that engine, it'd be brilliant.

edit: z=/=x

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 18, 2013

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
I'm here sad, unable to ride my bike since waiting for my new battery to come in, so I guess I'll finally post pic of my bike

2009 America, bought with 4800 miles on it in February as my first bike ever. Came with windshield, sissybar, and saddlebags but I took them all off because who wants to be practical! Also in the picture my bmw that like to break.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pretty sure it was mostly ergonomics but to be honest I don't recall. If I talk to any of them soon I'll ask.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

it does look like you have to lean forward quite a bit, with your legs out infront, seems like it would get uncomfortable.

Cool looking bike though

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

CraigSlice posted:

I'm here sad, unable to ride my bike since waiting for my new battery to come in, so I guess I'll finally post pic of my bike

2009 America, bought with 4800 miles on it in February as my first bike ever. Came with windshield, sissybar, and saddlebags but I took them all off because who wants to be practical! Also in the picture my bmw that like to break.

Just wanted to say this is a cool looking bike, I like the lines of the smaller Triumph cruisers and they pick neat paint schemes

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Duck_King posted:

Not usually a fan of cruiser style bikes, but that is sweet as.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Duck_King posted:

How is the fuel injection on that mother? Is the throttle real snatchy at low revs?

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
Bear Tooth Pass:

That's right, there's a flag on it. I figure it's worth the extra attention it attracts on the highway, even those folks who think I'm a jerk or jackass for flying an American flag.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I run USA flag stickers on my half-Chinese (the Harley half) bike. Only a jackass would have a problem with that.

Beartooth pass is one of my happy places. So amazing. Did you do dead Indian pass too?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Snowdens Secret posted:

Just wanted to say this is a cool looking bike, I like the lines of the smaller Triumph cruisers and they pick neat paint schemes

They are slooooooooooooooooow

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

n8r posted:

They are slooooooooooooooooow

Slower than all the other sub-1000cc air-cooled cruisers? The HP/tq numbers seem in the ballpark with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Snowdens Secret posted:

Slower than all the other sub-1000cc air-cooled cruisers? The HP/tq numbers seem in the ballpark with everything else.

I try to avoid riding cruisers in general so I have no frame of reference. I once owned a Triumph America for a very brief period of time. It was fun for about 15 minutes.