Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Were they running for the same ball or something? That's just poo poo luck if they sprinted into each other like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Were they running for the same ball or something? That's just poo poo luck if they sprinted into each other like that.

Yeah, it's hard to tell before the impact, but after they clash you two passes that were intended for them at basically the same place go by.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

I love this.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Not having bert in the back of the car throws me off after so long.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
http://youtu.be/UTlOKpSrK3Y

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

That's almost as bad as the Black Country Alphabet we used to play at half time the season before last.

http://youtu.be/vrIqSlt9PXg

It was for charity but I still can't stand watching it.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The FA have a new Respect campaign video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzKD8o0-NZw

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

I could only get through 10 seconds. That is so embarrassing.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
I made this gif of one of my older SOCCER memories from the 1994 quarter finals. I didn't get to go to the game because my dad and his brother grew up in Brazil so obviously they went and didn't have money for more than 2 tickets.

My dad did take me to Nigeria vs. Bulgaria in the group stages, which produced its own highly memorable image.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Phillipe. :3:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
He's learning well from Gerrard.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Nzonzi's lucky Lucas stepped in

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
Almost, NBC. Almost.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

lmao ahahaha

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

Thats Usain Bolt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

Ahahahaha

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

Ban Americans from Footy.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

Pish the dutchy on the left hand side.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

a top top lad posted:

Almost, NBC. Almost.

this is great

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Is that Kony?

Sin Dios
Aug 7, 2004

I loving hate how conmebol keeps inviting Japan to the Copa America, they're the only confed who ruins their regional tournament with countries from another continent entirely and all because of some money deals, I hope Japan wins it so they realize how stupid it is.

Macklemost
May 24, 2013

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Sin Dios posted:

I loving hate how conmebol keeps inviting Japan to the Copa America, they're the only confed who ruins their regional tournament with countries from another continent entirely and all because of some money deals, I hope Japan wins it so they realize how stupid it is.

Wait, what? Thats really loving stupid. What happens if japan wins that and the asian cup?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Was the Traore bouncing off Drogba gif linked in this thread because I wanted it and couldn't find it. If anyone could post it I'd appreciate it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Scott Bakula posted:

Was the Traore bouncing off Drogba gif linked in this thread because I wanted it and couldn't find it. If anyone could post it I'd appreciate it

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Seltzer posted:

Wait, what? Thats really loving stupid. What happens if japan wins that and the asian cup?

Japan will not win the Copa America. It really doesn't matter.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Sin Dios posted:

I don't know why you even posted this here but CONMEBOL also invites Mexico all the time, and Costa Rica, the US and other countries too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

tetsman posted:

Japan will not win the Copa America. It really doesn't matter.

It does matter because it is stupid.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gSFEaI4HdA

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that the team Arsenal face in the CL playoff will probably give them a bye anyway. Arsenal could field the academy and get through.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

"all that hard work trying to get 4th"... at least their fans have bought into that whole champions league qualification is basically a trophy spiel :v:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Spiffeh posted:

"all that hard work trying to get 4th"... at least their fans have bought into that whole champions league qualification is basically a trophy spiel :v:

Well for people who don't support a team that's expected to be top two, clinching 4th is quite an exciting achievement. Don't place shame.

Chelsea should get more poo poo for only coming third last season before Arsenal get poo poo for clinching 4th. They had a better squad on paper than City, while City were busy melting down with an Italian retard at the helm who had apparently ordered Gareth Barry to make sure Southampton win.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 18, 2013

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Well for people who don't support a team that's expected to be top two, clinching 4th is quite an exciting achievement. Don't place shame.

Chelsea should get more poo poo for only coming third last season before Arsenal get poo poo for clinching 4th. They had a better squad on paper than City, while City were busy melting down with an Italian retard at the helm who had apparently ordered Gareth Barry to make sure Southampton win.

Fernando Torres

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
looking forward to spurs getting 5th again tho

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Several of the faces are funny but those substitutes :psyduck:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ninpo posted:

Reminder that the team Arsenal face in the CL playoff will probably give them a bye anyway. Arsenal could field the academy and get through.

Why do you say this? Fernerbache are decent and then there's the old "tough place to travel to" cliche. Looking at the odds, Arsenal are 11/8, Fernerbache 2/1 for the first leg. Arsenal are favourites, but it's far from a walkover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Mickolution posted:

Why do you say this? Fernerbache are decent and then there's the old "tough place to travel to" cliche. Looking at the odds, Arsenal are 11/8, Fernerbache 2/1 for the first leg. Arsenal are favourites, but it's far from a walkover.

They've been kicked out of European competition for 2 years for match fixing, they've appealed to the CAS and the verdict is due at the end of the month.

• Locked thread