Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Bah, was waffling so long on the Political Vote that I missed actually voting for it... I don't think it was going to matter much anyway though, since votes were already sliding towards a particular direction... But for posterity's sake, I would've voted for asking about what a batchall entailed (which was done to a marvelous degree, PTN) and keeping the Vendetta in reserve (which didn't happen, to disastrous effects for the New Syrtis defenders that the Taurians sent it against)...

Kinda disappointed that we wouldn't get some Goons to play out the Clan Death Race and get to watch it. I understand why that decision was made though and I'm not disappointed with the outcome, even if I needed a bit to remember why they were holding this Death Race trial in the first place. Since I would have participated in it if the Death Race was chosen last time instead of what we got, lemme just say that playing that would've been a lot more complicated for me, what with my total lack of BattleTech knowledge at the time, and without fellow lancemates and other people walking me through the first couple of turns, who knows how I would have done there... With that scenario being PvP, I probably would have been one of the first eliminated, leading to a SHAMFRUL DISPRAY for whatever Clan it was I would've represented... Still happy I got to participate in the filming of the new Hogarth's Heroes movie instead.

Also, thanks for that event rundown for whats happened in this thread, PTN. Bunch of events that I either forgot or didn't understand the significance of. Clearing up the double swap confusion with Melissa Steiner, her body double, which one of them was with Morgan Kell playing Red Corsair and who was married to Clovis totally had me mixed up among other things...

As for the Combat Theater vote, I guess I'll go for Turn A V for Vendetta even though I hold no real animus against the Duchy of New Syrtis and the Taurians popping off nukes like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Still, I love the name and premise, and nothing besides B looks interesting, and while playing as the overmatched New Syrtis militia attempting to defend after being nuked by the Taurians and having defended against the Cappellans, plus the split map gimmick looks really interesting, I'm still going to have to go with my choice. Was almost swayed by the effortpost for B, but I guess when it comes down to it, a naming gimmick like that still gets me every time.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

The real Andrew Steiner is about 14.

Edit: Maybe younger. Caeser Steiner mentioned their ages once.

Now I'm going to look it up. In 3033? He's probably somewhere between 9 and 14. His lovely younger brother was born in 3024.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bad Moon posted:

Cardassians :argh:

I find it adds an extra layer of fun to imagine Garak reading everything PTN says, yeah. Makes some of the political updates a riot.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Although the bulk of their `Mechs were destroyed, the groundwork for the Rasalhague Resistance was laid. Joshua Widow was driven from the field in disgrace, infuriating ilKhan Natasha Kerensky.

Wait, so us suicidal space viking-samurai actually accomplished something? And here I was thinking we'd ultimately accomplished nothing because we almost all died and failed the secondary objective :v:.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

V for Vengeance!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

paragon1 posted:

Wait, so us suicidal space viking-samurai actually accomplished something? And here I was thinking we'd ultimately accomplished nothing because we almost all died and failed the secondary objective :v:.

No, you guys are why the Widowmakers are kinda hosed right now! You were one of the most significant battles we've played. Well done, lads!

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
But you drove the enemy off the field of battle rather than succeed by withdrawal, that counts for a lot, especially against enemies like the Clans.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Now if only I'd been able to DFA Joshua.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Hey PTN, just a heads up: a bunch of your tinypic images have been taken down.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I'm not really surprised. That's the other reason I'm contemplating getting this thread archived and starting a LPBT: 3034 thread. I still have all the old pictures; but I don't want to overload LPix and any other source will only hold on to them for about a year.

VVV You say that, but I remember the fate of its predecessor :ohdear:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 17, 2013

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I don't think this LP is going to overload LPix compared to some others which already have a hundred times as many pictures already in just a year, overall your updates are extremely light picture wise.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I don't think Lpix is in any danger just yet. It helps that its just for LP pictures, I think, whereas we used waffleimages for EVERYTHING, so it filled up that much faster. Or am I misremembering?

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't think Lpix is in any danger just yet. It helps that its just for LP pictures, I think, whereas we used waffleimages for EVERYTHING, so it filled up that much faster. Or am I misremembering?

Waffleimages was basically the SA image site so it was used by every single subforums stuff.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The vote seems to be winding down, but it still seems to be a very close call between Steel Vendetta and Steel Will. I'm going to leave voting open for another day while I work on my spreadsheets; so if anyone hasn't voted yet there's still time to invalidate my current work!

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
B

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's easy to act tough when you have a WarShip backing you up. It's another thing to actually BE tough. People who are actually hard don't require some mooks in an orbiting spaceship to do their threatening for them, they make things happen with the force of their guns. Sure, you could pick Upside Down A and act like you're real tough when you have someone else to back you up, because when Taurian incompetence inevitably gets you into trouble, you can beg it for help and hide behind the metaphorical skirt of your WarShip pal. But if you want not to act tough, but to BE tough, you'll be the guys who got threatened by a WarShip, spat in its loving face, and are now getting ready to hit back.

You can accomplish this by voting B. You can vote B right now and we can help the militia take revenge against the bastards who resorted to a coward's weapon rather than fight a bunch of cadets and retirees. They thought they could get away with it because they didn't think they'd get hit back. But the Taurians are going to have to learn the difference between a badass and a bully.

VOTE B.

e:^^^^^^ good call!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Also B

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Going to vote for V.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Defiance Industries posted:

It's easy to act tough when you have a WarShip backing you up. It's another thing to actually BE tough. People who are actually hard don't require some mooks in an orbiting spaceship to do their threatening for them, they make things happen with the force of their guns. Sure, you could pick Upside Down A and act like you're real tough when you have someone else to back you up, because when Taurian incompetence inevitably gets you into trouble, you can beg it for help and hide behind the metaphorical skirt of your WarShip pal. But if you want not to act tough, but to BE tough, you'll be the guys who got threatened by a WarShip, spat in its loving face, and are now getting ready to hit back.

You can accomplish this by voting B. You can vote B right now and we can help the militia take revenge against the bastards who resorted to a coward's weapon rather than fight a bunch of cadets and retirees. They thought they could get away with it because they didn't think they'd get hit back. But the Taurians are going to have to learn the difference between a badass and a bully.

VOTE B.

Well, as a no name poster coming out of the woodwork you've certainly persuaded me. B

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

VOTE B.

Listen to this man, he is right.

We must rise and fight those who would hide behind those nuclear missiles and then come to what they know to be a battle already won, smug in their superiority in killing every living thing, satisfied in the slaughter of innocents, arrogant in their use of the power of the suns.

Icarus must fall.

Rise and fight.

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

B for... Browncoats, I guess?
I've always been a fan of the underdog.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
B, for the Syrtis March, for the spirit of the Ares Conventions, for those so brave as to fight against Armageddon itself. B for a tomorrow free of the threat of humanity's worst weapons. B for victory.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

VOTE B.

Been following this thread for a while, but this post convinced me to finally vote. Option B all the way.

Urcinius
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter Master of the
Woobie Marines
Non-participating no-name poster for B

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Voting for

(that is to say V, look he put a ∀ on the map)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Voting for V.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
B.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Voting for B.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

But... the warship...

V

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
Cult of personality, B, etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

B

That's fun to type, bracket b bracket B bracket slash b bracket.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Or even cooler, Ctrl-b Shift-b.

As an additional selling point, the Sirdar Militia (formerly Capellan March Militia) is a storied and veteran unit of its own, trading blows with the Capellans and ignoring the Taurians for many decades.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think you mean, Ctrl-b, back arrow three times, Shift-b? Or, Shift-b, then Ctrl-b. Because at least in firefox, if you start with an empty text entry box and do the Ctrl-b first, for some loving reason the cursor gets placed just before the closing bracket of the closing bold element. It works fine if you have anything else in the box, or if you type a letter first and then do Ctrl-b, but from line 1, character 0, Ctrl-b first, it fucks it up. :(

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Despite having no idea what's going on that doesn't directly involve giant stompy robots

B

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Psion posted:

I find it adds an extra layer of fun to imagine Garak reading everything PTN says, yeah. Makes some of the political updates a riot.

Korvat. :colbert:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The Merry Marauder posted:

Or even cooler, Ctrl-b Shift-b.

As an additional selling point, the Sirdar Militia (formerly Capellan March Militia) is a storied and veteran unit of its own, trading blows with the Capellans and ignoring the Taurians for many decades.

The only thing you need to know is that, regardless of how cool they are, they're serving the Haseks, who are known for being gigantic assholes, ineffectual ones at that. A vote for V is a vote for stomping out compulsive backstabbing stupidity.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lord Koth posted:

The only thing you need to know is that, regardless of how cool they are, they're serving the Haseks, who are known for being gigantic assholes, ineffectual ones at that. A vote for V is a vote for stomping out compulsive backstabbing stupidity.

The Taurian way is crying about war crimes from 600 years ago while perpetrating your own against people who barely realize you exist. You want to talk about stupidity? Literally nobody is as stupid as the Taurians. You want to stomp out backstabbing? The Taurians deployed WMDs on a civilian population while pitching fits about how people did that to them after they assassinated an SLDF general for fighting fairly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The Taurian way is crying about war crimes from 600 years ago while perpetrating your own against people who barely realize you exist. You want to talk about stupidity? Literally nobody is as stupid as the Taurians. You want to stomp out backstabbing? The Taurians deployed WMDs on a civilian population while pitching fits about how people did that to them after they assassinated an SLDF general for fighting fairly.

Hey, if the Clans can invade based on Star League era grievances, why not the guys down south as well?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

a SLDF general for IMPERIALISMing the poo poo out of them you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AtomikKrab posted:

a SLDF general for IMPERIALISMing the poo poo out of them you mean.

The best part is how the guy was super honorable and his XO was loving nuts. They still killed the guy even though its something a fairly stupid child could tell you it's a bad idea.

• Locked thread