Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/olEGtoYs_8A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:stare:

oh holy poo poo

is that the multiplayer of GTA V?!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

This looks amazing but I wonder what stops it from just being a 24/7 chaos fest? I guess it has dedicated PvP zones like an MMO?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Holy Shi:stare:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

gleep gloop posted:

This looks amazing but I wonder what stops it from just being a 24/7 chaos fest? I guess it has dedicated PvP zones like an MMO?

It's just going to be up to 16 people per game.

kotaku.com posted:

GTAV comes out for PS3 and Xbox 360, and with it comes Grand Theft Auto Online, an online mode that lets you customize a character—hey, you can play as a woman! (like you could in GTAIV's online mode)—and wander around Los Santos with up to 15 other people. Today's video shows players doing all sorts of missions, buying apartments, and even creating their own scenarios to screw around in.

Even with that, I'm still worried about my grades this semester...

edit: Oops, just saw this:

quote:

Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level, as well

That makes it much better.

pkells fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 16, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dead Rising 2 is free for gold on xbox

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

Christoff posted:

Dead Rising 2 is free for gold on xbox

Thanks, gotta download it just for the digital version even though I already got it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
If anyone tells you Gone Home is worth 20 bucks and 2 hours of your time, punch them in the loving mouth.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Is the retail version of Papers Please worth getting? The beta was okay. What am I supposed to do with flyers I get from hookers?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Full stealth of Framing Frame bitches. Payout of just about a million.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Fire starter netted me about 1.5 mil in payout. The first mission is the hardest part since you have to move a bunch of heavy bags.

Big Oil is the biggest waste of loving time ever. I finally beat it today, and was expecting some serious dough, and all I got was 90k. What a loving joke.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 18, 2013

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
GTA V and Saints Row 4 seem like they'll last me the semester, as long as I don't do something stupid and poopsock them right through a big assignment.

Should I play SR3 first? Never picked up any of the series.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

GD_American posted:

GTA V and Saints Row 4 seem like they'll last me the semester, as long as I don't do something stupid and poopsock them right through a big assignment.

Should I play SR3 first? Never picked up any of the series.

Hopefully you picked up SR3 + all the DLC for 5 bucks when it was on the humble bundle.

SR3 is a lot of fun though, you should probably play it anyway.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

elite_garbage_man posted:

Fire starter netted me about 1.5 mil in payout. The first mission is the hardest part since you have to move a bunch of heavy bags.

Big Oil is the biggest waste of loving time ever. I finally beat it today, and was expecting some serious dough, and all I got was 90k. What a loving joke.

I had the same experience with Big Oil. I'm thinking about trying it again though since my brother just unlocked the saw. Maybe all the ATMs on day one will make it somewhat worthwile. I hope that they don't have that mission around just for whatever "the secret" that Overkill is building up to is.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Once you figure out what tree hugger energy saving fusion engine to grab, the mission is a cake walk. Also, pay for the ammo drop. I guess there's a chance of the ammo drop being hosed up so we only had one out of three bags land on the ground. The others landed on a rock we couldn't scale, and the other on a loving tree trop. Hilarious and infuriating at the same time. The second run through we did it on very hard, jacked all the ATMs/weapon bags in the first day and we got 175-190k in pay out. Still pretty lame for what the mission is supposed to be.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Finished Bioshock Infinite. poo poo owned. Enjoyed terrorizing my foes with my lightning fist + aquaman powers + shotgun but holy poo poo the HP scaling between normal and elite enemies is totally out of whack on Hard.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
DayZero Podagorsk, who's in?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I just picked up BF3 with the latest humble bundle, and holy poo poo that game is so much better on PC than 360. I mean, I always knew that was the case because I played all the other battlefields on PC, but :drat:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well I was on the fence about Saint's Row IV but this sealed the deal.

https://vine.co/v/hO9mjBr9K01

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Haven't played Forza Horizon since last year but got a bug up my rear end and booted up the ole 360. Beat a Ford GT in a head to head race with some lovely riced out Civic. Twice :getin:

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well I was on the fence about Saint's Row IV but this sealed the deal.

https://vine.co/v/hO9mjBr9K01

What does that have to do with SR4?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

pkells posted:

I just picked up BF3 with the latest humble bundle, and holy poo poo that game is so much better on PC than 360. I mean, I always knew that was the case because I played all the other battlefields on PC, but :drat:

I just grabbed the current humble bundle as well, what makes the PC BF3 better than the 360 version? I haven't played a PC Battlefield game since BF 2142. Installing BF3 now though, it's been a while since I played it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mustang posted:

I just grabbed the current humble bundle as well, what makes the PC BF3 better than the 360 version? I haven't played a PC Battlefield game since BF 2142. Installing BF3 now though, it's been a while since I played it.

Graphics, mouse control.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Smoke Crack posted:

What does that have to do with SR4?

The collector's edition super pack thing comes with a replica of the dubstep gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJOeCUYIqY

It is amazing fun. You can upgrade it so that it rains down explosive wubs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

The collector's edition super pack thing comes with a replica of the dubstep gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJOeCUYIqY

It is amazing fun. You can upgrade it so that it rains down explosive wubs.

DUBSTEP GUN BEST GUN. I just lost several hours of my life to that gun.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

DUBSTEP GUN BEST GUN. I just lost several hours of my life to that gun.

You should lose the rest of your life to an actual gun :suicide:

just kidding :glomp:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Got a wired Xbox controller to play nice with my desktop. Fuckin' owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Got a wired Xbox controller to play nice with my desktop. Fuckin' owns.

Took you this long? Dang dude.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Took you this long? Dang dude.

Hadn't had a reason before Humble Bundle and Steam Sale this year.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Guys I'm pretty excited for the Xbox One. Anyone else have a day 1 pre-order?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Just had a 3 hour multiplayer session with a buddy of mine in BF3. I know I mentioned it before, but god this game is awesome, especially playing with people with voice chat.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Beat Papers, Please after losing a few times. Got everyone to Oribistan. Their customs agent was chill as gently caress, unlike me. I was such a huge dickhead.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Guys I'm pretty excited for the Xbox One. Anyone else have a day 1 pre-order?

:lol: No. That system is one big middle finger. There's a fair chance I won't get one at all, now that they don't have any sort of family plan for playing online. The only reason they got rid of the "always on" kinect/camera was because the EU told them it wouldn't be allowed for sale otherwise. gently caress Microsoft. When they get this poo poo sorted into something that's not a pile of "gently caress you" I'll consider it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

pkells posted:

Just had a 3 hour multiplayer session with a buddy of mine in BF3. I know I mentioned it before, but god this game is awesome, especially playing with people with voice chat.

I'm about ready to bash my head in trying to finish the Fatal Drop accomplishment...I need to use an airdropped IFV to kill an enemy IFV. The two problems are: almost all the servers running the End Game maps (that have the airdrops) are all 24/7 CTF which eliminates the drops; and when I do get into a server that'll work, my team is so awful that even when I capture the airdrop flag they can't hold it long enough for the C-130 to loving spawn.

Oh, and I got banned for saying "gently caress" on one of them.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
USA 24/7 CHRISTIAN SERVER!!! FRIENDLY PLAY ONLY

*shoots 14 guys*
*character says HOLY gently caress IM GETTING MY poo poo PUSHED IN OVER HERE*

"Dude, what the gently caress?"

*banned*

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

:lol: No. That system is one big middle finger. There's a fair chance I won't get one at all, now that they don't have any sort of family plan for playing online. The only reason they got rid of the "always on" kinect/camera was because the EU told them it wouldn't be allowed for sale otherwise. gently caress Microsoft. When they get this poo poo sorted into something that's not a pile of "gently caress you" I'll consider it.

Yea but Forza. I guess I don't really care about the kinnect stuff because tape exists and can be used to cover a camera or like don't point it at the couch.

Yea they nickel and dime but whatever. They're trying to make money and I want to play games on my couch.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yea but Forza. I guess I don't really care about the kinnect stuff because tape exists and can be used to cover a camera or like don't point it at the couch.

Yea they nickel and dime but whatever. They're trying to make money and I want to play games on my couch.

Forza is basically the only thing that ever made me get a 360

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you're single it's not a big deal. I have five accounts on my 360 right now. Buying a gold account for everyone ain't gonna loving fly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

If you're single it's not a big deal. I have five accounts on my 360 right now. Buying a gold account for everyone ain't gonna loving fly.

Well why the gently caress did you choose to have a family? That's where you hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Isn't the Xbone gonna share Gold access through all accounts on the console?

Anyway, putting poo poo like Netflix and Youtube behind a subscription fee is loving ridiculously retarded and I'm probably gonna go for the PS4 if I even buy a console this generation.

• Locked thread