Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

So is it confirmed that if you buy SR4's american version, and gift it to an australian, they get the uncensored version?

Nope it hasn't been confirmed, it's just rumor.
Personally I think the Valve employee in the article is just skirting the question because
1. They are not going to encourage bypassing censorship laws, for obvious reasons.
2. They know about people bypassing censorship via foreign keys, but don't openly say it because they don't want to do anything about it.

If we do get region locked, there's always VPN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Just to bring any other UK fans down with me, the EU release has been pushed back to the 23rd at 00:01 CET. So about 1am in the UK.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Well, at least the 23rd is a friday, so I can get right into the game without having to pause for work, sleep or food once I get home... at least if I can get myself to not start playing before leaving for work that is.

Edit:
Also Germanistan somehow ended up with an uncut version, which is realy, realy weird cause SR2 and 3 were both heavily cut over here. Probably the VR enviroment and over-the-top alien invasion theme helped. But it's rather random what is allowed here and what not, cause there are no explicit rules and it's done on a case to case basis. You are even allowed to re-submit for a fee... GTA IV done that until they got through with their un-edited version.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 19, 2013

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It's still not confirmed if NZ gets stuck with Australia's lovely cut version for filthy criminals, and the official channels are refusing to tell anyone anything.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

It's still not confirmed if NZ gets stuck with Australia's lovely cut version for filthy criminals, and the official channels are refusing to tell anyone anything.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that NZ is getting the uncensored version.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Nah, it's uncensored there. NZ EB Games has already been running ads for it poking fun at our lovely censored Aussie version.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Deep Silver seem to be putting more useful information on their Facebook page than the actual SR4 website

https://www.facebook.com/SaintsRow/posts/594067290644449

"New Zealand will still get the "uncut" version like the rest of the world, and the Rectifier weapon in the Season Pass."

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Do the aliens have red blood? I'm curious.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

Also Germanistan somehow ended up with an uncut version, which is realy, realy weird cause SR2 and 3 were both heavily cut over here. Probably the VR enviroment and over-the-top alien invasion theme helped. But it's rather random what is allowed here and what not, cause there are no explicit rules and it's done on a case to case basis. You are even allowed to re-submit for a fee... GTA IV done that until they got through with their un-edited version.
So did Deep Silver in this case, originally it was going to have to be cut.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PureRok posted:

Do the aliens have red blood? I'm curious.

From what Ive seen they do.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ThatOneGuy posted:

And this requiring a quad core means I'll finally have to upgrade my computer like I've been planning on doing.
Bollocks, I should probably have checked the requirements just in case before I preordered. I only have a Core 2 Duo :(

Still, SR3 ran fine on the highest settings and by all accounts SR4 runs better. Can but hope.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Idolninja's twitter is starting to make this final 24 hours of waiting unbearable.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
19 hours. :getin:

Work, home, sleep, wake up, SAINTS ROW.

e; oh poo poo, just realised I still half a bottle of Jack Daniels in the cupboard. Lets do this utterly wasted.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 19, 2013

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

So just to check, since I've never done the preload thing, once midnight rolls around, the game should just automatically unlock? No need to click anything or set up a final download?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

So just to check, since I've never done the preload thing, once midnight rolls around, the game should just automatically unlock? No need to click anything or set up a final download?

Yes. It make take 10-30 minutes to fully unlock the game and play it as it installs but pretty much yeah.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

We're almost there, guys. In a few hours we all find out what it is like to Feel Boss. :getin:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 19, 2013

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I haven't pre-loaded SR4 because you can't choose install location on a pre-load, and I want it on my SSD.

The Steam servers are going to be slow as poo poo when it unlocks :smith:

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Australia's lovely cut version for filthy criminals,

That tagline is never gonna fit on the box, man.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Pre-loaded and ready to get back to my cockney-accented old man being a muthafuckin' boss. Also, that 'Murica weapon that came with the pre-order :getin:

Though my computer is showing it's age, so I'll probably have to tone down the setting to get it running smoothly. Still, it ran SRtT smooth, so I don't think I'll have too much of a hassle.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Walrus Pete posted:

I haven't pre-loaded SR4 because you can't choose install location on a pre-load, and I want it on my SSD.

The Steam servers are going to be slow as poo poo when it unlocks :smith:

Use SteamMover.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm not worried about preloading, myself. In my experience the decryption process takes just as long if not longer than the actual download itself so it's never been worth it for me.

I'm just gonna start downloading that mofo at midnight through whatever unpopular looking Steam server I can find and start having a ball then.

I'm sure I'll be online around the same time as everybody else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

7seven7 posted:

Just to bring any other UK fans down with me, the EU release has been pushed back to the 23rd at 00:01 CET. So about 1am in the UK.

Amazon.co.UK just emailed me to say SR4 was no longer being released on PC and my pre-order is cancelled. It now shows not available on their website.

It was £10 cheaper than steam and I don't really want to pay an extra tenbux :(

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Why does this game have to drop worldwide at the exact same time? It'll unlock at 11 P.M. tonight for me, which means it'll be just early enough to where I'd feel justified giving it a shot but too late to really get a good play in unless I stay up the entire night, and I have work tomorrow. If it came out at midnight, I could wait until the next morning, and if it came out at 9 P.M. (drat you West Coast!) then I could get a few good hours in.

I think it's gonna be a late night :getin:

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Grab Meatcastle posted:

Amazon.co.UK just emailed me to say SR4 was no longer being released on PC and my pre-order is cancelled. It now shows not available on their website.

It was £10 cheaper than steam and I don't really want to pay an extra tenbux :(

Apparently Deep Silver and GAME have done some terrible moneyhat bullshit and now a physical copy is only available from GAME and is a fiver more expensive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Apparently Deep Silver and GAME have done some terrible moneyhat bullshit and now a physical copy is only available from GAME and is a fiver more expensive.

gently caress that poo poo then, I'll buy it on steam and unlock with a US VPN to make it up to myself.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Found out this morning I'm working all weekend. gently caress Friday releases!

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
A few hours until we find out if US bought SR4 will work as intended in Australia too!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Why does this game have to drop worldwide at the exact same time? It'll unlock at 11 P.M. tonight for me, which means it'll be just early enough to where I'd feel justified giving it a shot but too late to really get a good play in unless I stay up the entire night, and I have work tomorrow. If it came out at midnight, I could wait until the next morning, and if it came out at 9 P.M. (drat you West Coast!) then I could get a few good hours in.

I think it's gonna be a late night :getin:

It's gonna be there when you wake up

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's gonna be there when you wake up

...wake up? That'd imply that I'll actually be sleeping tonight.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

King Vidiot posted:

...wake up? That'd imply that I'll actually be sleeping tonight.

The boss don't sleep. Unless you blow them up.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
So, the dlc packs may have been leaked in this picture on a whiteboard at the volition office.

click for bigger: http://i.imgur.com/3w4Jytx.jpg

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

havenwaters posted:

So, the dlc packs may have been leaked in this picture on a whiteboard at the volition office.

If this isn't accurate, I'm going to be really sad now. The Saints Save X-Mas would be amazing.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I like the sound of that last one. 'SPORTS'

:allears:

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I hope Saints save Xmas happens

I guess Halloween themed DLC tends to happen more, as 'horror' themed content is more acceptable all year round, but I'd love to see a Christmas themed mission pack, so many goofy possibilities

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

havenwaters posted:

GAT V sounds awesome.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I have to give love to any whiteboard that reps Kingpin.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

RandallODim posted:

If this isn't accurate, I'm going to be really sad now. The Saints Save X-Mas would be amazing.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping they would do. They have to do this. They HAVE to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A world without The Saints Save Christmas is not a world I want to live in.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Man this is some Ed Boon-level trolling if this image is fake. I want Santa Claus as a superpowered homie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Slate Action posted:

I like the sound of that last one. 'SPORTS'

:allears:
I wouldn't say no to more SR themed Tim and Eric skits.

• Locked thread