Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I laughed my rear end off at just the screenshot of Debob. DEBOB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Roots Radical posted:

I laughed my rear end off at just the screenshot of Debob. DEBOB!

It reminds me of Numberwang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Das ist Numberwäng!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is it really bullying if the bullied is making fun of himself? All Lowtax did was compile the footage, stupidsweedish is the one providing the audio.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

slowbeef posted:

No, no, it is a manual process.

I talked about this on Retsutalk, but the gist is that back in the day, we had Khad guest on a video and he called someone a fag. It was very dumb of me not to edit that out or something, but regardless, someone else named TheFuryOfTheTubes took it upon themselves to get retsupurae removed from YouTube so they flagged a lot of our videos.

The ones with actual footage got taken down, we lost the account until we contested it, and we got it back. So since then, we've been very careful around camera footage. And Khad.

If that's all it takes to get a video flagged, then I don't see why PewDiePie can get away with it as well. Isn't he really bad about the homophobic and rape jokes?

I'm sure someone has to have flagged him for poo poo a few times.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

If that's all it takes to get a video flagged, then I don't see why PewDiePie can get away with it as well.

He makes a lot of money for YouTube.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

RaspberryCommie posted:

If that's all it takes to get a video flagged, then I don't see why PewDiePie can get away with it as well. Isn't he really bad about the homophobic and rape jokes?

He has 12 million subscribers who also double as eyeballs for advertisements. YouTube wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that unless he did something particularly egregious.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I think ya'll miss the real bullet that Lowtax dodged. Once the Bro Army would have gotten wind of his video, the shitstorm would have raged. :shrek:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

RaspberryCommie posted:

Maybe, maybe not.

YouTube does have an automated "Content Match" system which they use for third-party claims, definitely, but I'm pretty sure it's not the case for Terms of Service stuff.

But I honestly, I don't know how the flagging system works internally. Maybe people don't flag them? Maybe it has to be commensurate with the views the video gets for them to take notice?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Original

Croccers fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 20, 2013

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

slowbeef posted:

But I honestly, I don't know how the flagging system works internally. Maybe people don't flag them? Maybe it has to be commensurate with the views the video gets for them to take notice?

don't forget how easily Anita Sarkeesian's video got "flagged." It seriously happened in MINUTES. The video was put back up, but only after the backlash from people. If she was a lesser-known entity then her video could have stayed down for longer.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Shmorky posted:

don't forget how easily Anita Sarkeesian's video got "flagged." It seriously happened in MINUTES. The video was put back up, but only after the backlash from people. If she was a lesser-known entity then her video could have stayed down for longer.

(Sarkeesian's video originally got taken down for TOS? I had no idea.)

That's why I'm wondering if the flag number has to be commensurate with the view number before they take notice. It's easy to imagine the horde of people clicking on the "Flag this video!" option for her video; not so much for a PewDiePie video (or the people who do aren't a big enough percentage compared to the people clicking like).

But yeah, if they took down the Sarkeesian video temporarily, I guess I was wrong. It'd have to be automated then.

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

slowbeef posted:

(Sarkeesian's video originally got taken down for TOS? I had no idea.)

That's why I'm wondering if the flag number has to be commensurate with the view number before they take notice. It's easy to imagine the horde of people clicking on the "Flag this video!" option for her video; not so much for a PewDiePie video (or the people who do aren't a big enough percentage compared to the people clicking like).

But yeah, if they took down the Sarkeesian video temporarily, I guess I was wrong. It'd have to be automated then.

Yeah, its pretty much been automated since about 2010/2011

Unless you happen to be pulling youtube the big bucks, or are just an extremely big name in general, they'll usually bend to what ever flagging has been thrown at you, although it does require a decent amount of flags to have it happen

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

Dammit, I missed it. :(

Somebody please describe the video in great detail, so that I can fit in with the cool kids.

The video starts. There is a challenge with a countdown starting from 5. You think to yourself; This can't be so bad. I've seen the worst that youtube has to offer before, I'm tough.
Then come the images: Nine PewDiePies, all doing their PDP thing. Okay, you think, I've seen morons acting like morons before but maybe I should pause this until someone is done using the blender in the kitchen.

It's that moment when your mind fully processes what the sound you hear is. Those nine Pewds, all shrieking and screaming in unison. One is screaming that he is going to rape something, one is shrieking, begging for his other self not to rape him. You think you catch something about a barrel, and then the rest is lost. For the next minute and twenty seconds, you are subjected to sounds not unlike what you would get by feeding newborns and nuns feet-first into a wood chipper. You press on, and soon you think you can understand more of what these men are screaming, as if you have reached a moment of clarity. In that moment, you realize that there is no just and loving god. It fades, leaving you with a growing horror deep in your soul, and the shrieking of madmen echoing in your ears. You begin looking around for a sharp object to free yourself from this torment, but then, mercifully, the sound fades. You are left in silence, your eardrums having ruptured as a defense mechanism.

It's sort of like that.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I don't think I've ever been so glad to miss something in my life.

VVV I loving hate you. I lasted thirty seconds. I'm fighting the urge to kill something, and I'm not sure if it's myself or someone else.

Galick fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 20, 2013

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Galick posted:

I don't think I've ever been so glad to miss something in my life.

Well here it is: http://downloads.somethingawful.com/The%202-Minute%20Pewdiepie%20Endurance%20Challenge_.mp4

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
I never knew you could have a full-blown cerebral hemorrhage in just 2 short minutes.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

That has the most terrifying title I've ever seen.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

...You monster.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Well, I guess I'm brain dead. News to me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So can I flag PewDiePie for violating Trey Parker and Matt Stone's copyright on Terrance and Phillip, or maybe hate crimes against the non-deaf?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh my god 20 seconds in I legitimately feel nauseous

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Really Pants posted:

So can I flag PewDiePie for violating Trey Parker and Matt Stone's copyright on Terrance and Phillip, or maybe hate crimes against the non-deaf?

If you're going to flag him. Flag him for hate speech, since he can at least be legitimately pinned for that due to all the rape and gay jokes. Although it might be a bit flimsy, it's the best option to actually have Google listen.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Someone is gonna accidentally put that on their MP3 player and forget about it and one day they'll be driving around on the highway with their MP3 player on shuffle, and then that will come up and there will be a serious accident.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
IF that happens we might be able to get Felix arrested for murder, Good plan.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

RaspberryCommie posted:

If you're going to flag him. Flag him for hate speech, since he can at least be legitimately pinned for that due to all the rape and gay jokes. Although it might be a bit flimsy, it's the best option to actually have Google listen.

If it's automated, then the sheer number of videos PewDiePie puts out probably protects him too; anyone who dislikes him isn't even going to get through one entire video, so they're unlikely to all flag the same one, or multiple videos.

That wouldn't explain it if Youtube accounts for people having multiple videos flagged for the same thing, but from what everyone else has said I'm guessing they don't.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

RaspberryCommie posted:

Somehow I doubt that.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

This is probably an accurate representation of pewdiepie's brain.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The video won't load. Maybe there is a merciful god after all.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Watching that again (because I'm a goddamn moron), I don't see how anyone could believe he's actually scared in any of those where he's screaming and saying "runrunrun" or "openopenopen".

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

AE-35 Unit posted:

Watching that again (because I'm a goddamn moron), I don't see how anyone could believe he's actually scared in any of those where he's screaming and saying "runrunrun" or "openopenopen".

Once you're on your third watch it gets easier!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What's the worse crime Sweden has committed upon the world: Cry of Fear, or Pewdiepie?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Jamesman posted:

What's the worse crime Sweden has committed upon the world: Cry of Fear, or Pewdiepie?

Pewdiepie lets plays: Cry of Fear (I hope this isn't a thing)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

el burbo posted:

Pewdiepie lets plays: Cry of Fear (I hope this isn't a thing)

Hahahahahahahaha

You are wrong.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Well aren't I a horrible person. :geno:
I actually got bored more than anything. By the end I was even more bored and still not annoyed at all, it was all just a cataphony of uninteresting noise and watching some guy jabber on.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Almost 100% certain that is a thing. I'll be damned if I'm checking.

The first time I even saw the guy he was playing CoF in the recommended videos for a CoF LP by some Youtube LPer I was watching. My immediate reaction was, "Who's this jackass with his dumb face on every video? And oh god his name is so retarded that it's literally making me angry, what the hell."

edit: beaten so badly, oh god

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

Croccers posted:

Well aren't I a horrible person. :geno:
I actually got bored more than anything. By the end I was even more bored and still not annoyed at all, it was all just a cataphony of uninteresting noise and watching some guy jabber on.

Pewdiepie is actually far more tolerable as a wall of white noise. The real challenge is sitting through a single one of PDP's normal videos.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Now I am become Pewdiepie, Destroyer of Worlds.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
So that's what a satanic summoning ritual sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
It never really dawned on me how bored this dude looks in his videos.

Then I remembered I've never watched one of his videos in my life, and it made me smile.

• Locked thread