Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Serotonin posted:

Ah right makes sense. My groups meta is lazy fuckers then!

One of the more important concepts involving a particular meta, is that what works in your local store may not work at a tournament. I.e. if your store has no (good) Cryx players, the lists that work for you at home might not work well in a wider audience.

Definitionally, it refers to the game within the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

My local meta can be boiled down to "don't bring anti-jack stuff, it's predominately beasts and infantry in town." Which is why I've been having so much fun with Cyriss, no one expects 8 galvanizers.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

theironjef posted:

My local meta can be boiled down to "don't bring anti-jack stuff, it's predominately beasts and infantry in town." Which is why I've been having so much fun with Cyriss, no one expects 8 galvanizers.

Running Syntherion too, right? :v:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Running Syntherion too, right? :v:

You're goddamn right I am. Man I played 25 mangled metal yesterday with Synth, 5 Galvanizers, Corollary, Conservator, Modulator against an eThag Typhon/Shredder spam list designed to dishearted people, but every time those little rear end in a top hat shredders would bite a Galvanizer for three and I'd just heal three the next turn you could see him wilting. Awww, does destroying system boxes not matter all of a sudden? I feel so sorry for you, hordes player! Bwa hah hah hah!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Haha, I like it. Proxying a ton of stuff? Most of that isn't out yet, right?

I'd be a dick and just run Mortenebra, a few chickens and Deathjack. Doom Spirals everywhere.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

My local meta can be summarized as 'why am I standing in the craft room holding these miniatures? What was I supposed to be doing?'

Sooner or later I'll get to play again. :smith:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Haha, I like it. Proxying a ton of stuff? Most of that isn't out yet, right?

I'd be a dick and just run Mortenebra, a few chickens and Deathjack. Doom Spirals everywhere.

It was the release event, I was the only Cyriss player(so they really wanted me to be there at all), and I think they would have felt awful making me run a legal no-proxy Mangled Metal 25 with what Cyriss had available, so they told me to just proxy whatever.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
New sculpt going only to Press Gang members:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's nice. I just tried playing my 25 points of Angels + the battlebox jacks in a 25 point team tournament on Saturday and it was miserable :(
Didn't help my teammate and I had 0 rehearsal / effort into our lists. I think I'm just going to shelf Cyriss until the faction is 100% out.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Fyrbrand posted:

The heck is that? Is that supposed to be an alt sculpt for something, or just a rules-less sculpt?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

"Gorman de Sea Wolf"

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's meant to be an alt-sculpt for Gorman as part of the 10 year anniversary thing.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

omigod is this epic gorman?

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

S.J. posted:

omigod is this epic gorman?

It's Pirate Gorman. Just a fun sculpt for PGs I think.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

!amicable posted:

It's Pirate Gorman. Just a fun sculpt for PGs I think.

Cool. He looks less like Darkwing Duck with this sculpt.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Personally I like regular Gorman more, based off the artwork. I don't really like his gas mask in general though...

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It's just because PG. So next watch for them to get Petticoat Goreshade and Pimp Grayle.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Personally I like regular Gorman more, based off the artwork. I don't really like his gas mask in general though...

nowicantunseeit

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Never notice the giant grenade-canister sticking out of it? Drives me insane....

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Why would you want him to look less like Darkwing Duck? Darkwing Duck was loving awesome.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Can anyone suggest a heavy vector to compliment the Aurora theme list? I've been away from this forever and the lure of art-deco robot people won me back.

I've got the plastic box and feel like I should build the Inverter, but he just looks so doopy.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
Gorman Sea Woulf is a limited sculpt for PGs. He will function as normal Gorman in every way. With just the concept art showing I give it another 3-4 months for the actual sculpt to hit the tables.
Gonna play Cyriss this weekend and with a few additions from GenCon I think things are going to go way better then just angel spam.

Syntherion WJ+6
Prime Axiom 19
Inverter 9
Galvanizer 3
Mitigator 4
Monitor 8
Reductors 6
Obstructors 6
Soulsteel Protector 3
56/56

Reflex and Accretion Servers for Prime to spit out.

Any thoughts?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

moths posted:

Can anyone suggest a heavy vector to compliment the Aurora theme list? I've been away from this forever and the lure of art-deco robot people won me back.

I've got the plastic box and feel like I should build the Inverter, but he just looks so doopy.

I'm planning to focus on heavies that can help Aurora assassinate, so I'll likely be fielding her with Monitors, Conservators (for the double open fist to position models in that all-important range that gives her a Refuge move to the enemy caster), or Assimilators for the AOE.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks, and that makes a lot of sense. I'll probably go with the Monitor then.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I felt that the autoknockdown on the Inverter would be good for setting up an assassination, simply to punch a hole that the Angels can fly through with provoking free strikes by knocking down a heavy.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
:snoop:

Click to fulfil your horsie fantasies.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Paper Kaiju posted:

I felt that the autoknockdown on the Inverter would be good for setting up an assassination, simply to punch a hole that the Angels can fly through with provoking free strikes by knocking down a heavy.

I dunno, I think my main problem with any heavy and Aurora is that her assassination game is to Refuge next to the caster and cast Flashing Blade x times where x is the amount of focus she didn't spend to get to this point. Could totally still work if you were running a Corollary to ensure the Inverter can boost to get the job done.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

theironjef posted:

I dunno, I think my main problem with any heavy and Aurora is that her assassination game is to Refuge next to the caster and cast Flashing Blade x times where x is the amount of focus she didn't spend to get to this point. Could totally still work if you were running a Corollary to ensure the Inverter can boost to get the job done.

I get that; the main issue I foresee is getting the Angels in position to flank the caster, since you can't use the feat to get them there. And I feel that using ranged jacks to clear a path is going to be harder due to her low RAT.

Also, I assume the Corollary is going to be in every one of my lists.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

!amicable posted:

I really think his shoulder pads need to flip up to reveal rows of Iron-Man style mini-missiles.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Macero posted:

Gonna play Cyriss this weekend and with a few additions from GenCon I think things are going to go way better then just angel spam.

Any thoughts?

Steelsoul is only 2 points, and and inverter is 8. I'd swap the inverter for a Cipher though, since you can hot shot bombard.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

S.J. posted:

Midwest metas own hard, sorry guys :v:

A guy from my Northeast meta just won Gencon Masters. We're comin' for ya.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Question that came up today: I shot Shrapnel Swarm at a light jack that had backlash on it. It was a direct hit so it took a few damage from the PS 13, then I centered a 4" AOE on it and applied one more damage to the model. So that's two damage to the Backlashed warcaster since that's two sources of damage, right?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

!amicable posted:

Love it! Vlad3 is probably my favorite sculpt in the faction. And I think this may be my very favorite of your Khador paintjobs.

Get in the channel sometime!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gay Polymers posted:

A guy from my Northeast meta just won Gencon Masters. We're comin' for ya.

Pfft, whatever. GenCon :v:

theironjef posted:

Question that came up today: I shot Shrapnel Swarm at a light jack that had backlash on it. It was a direct hit so it took a few damage from the PS 13, then I centered a 4" AOE on it and applied one more damage to the model. So that's two damage to the Backlashed warcaster since that's two sources of damage, right?

Yes.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 20, 2013

Bokashi
Aug 21, 2006
What's a guy like me to do?
Yeah, it's kind of sad how far Gencon has fallen in the competitive scene. Hardly even registers on the radar, anymore, compared to L&L/WMW/Templecon. Hell, even Diecon and Adepticon offered harder fields than Gencon did this year.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The heats for Iron Gauntlet there were what, 13 and 16 players?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

The heats for Iron Gauntlet there were what, 13 and 16 players?

The problem with Iron Gauntlet vs Masters is that Iron Gauntlet has a 100% painted requirement, which locks out a lot of people who would otherwise play in it. It also spawned a Painted vs Non-Painted "debate" on the PP forums.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Weren't they at the same time too?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Weren't they at the same time too?

Nah, there was an early and later one, though I don't remember the exact times.

Khisanth Magus posted:

The problem with Iron Gauntlet vs Masters is that Iron Gauntlet has a 100% painted requirement, which locks out a lot of people who would otherwise play in it. It also spawned a Painted vs Non-Painted "debate" on the PP forums.

Ssssort of? A lot of masters events already require painted armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Khisanth Magus posted:

Huge fan of that thread. Huge.

/sarcasm

• Locked thread