Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

WarLocke posted:

I was hoping that in co-op they would integrate the second player to cutscenes and refer to them as the vice president. A sad missed opportunity. :saddowns:

But that's Keith David's roll! There's nothing wrong with the saints forcing the constitution to allow for two presidents and one vice president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Dickeye posted:

Is there any way to get that cool spec-ops suit you wear in the first mission?
You can buy it at Let's Pretend, I'm pretty sure.

I'm disappointed that the Uncle Sam suit doesn't change at all depending on if you're a man or woman.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Is there a secret to getting a decent download speed with Steam? I've tried setting my DL server to Atlanta (have no idea why it defaulted to that) and Houston (I'm near Baton Rouge, Louisiana) and am getting horribly lovely numbers. Like, 100Kb/sec with regular drop out where nothing is being transferred. :iiam:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone else unable to log in to saintsrow.com? My previous log in doesn't work and if I try to just register, it says my username already exists.

Resetting the password just plain doesn't work. I never receive an e-mail.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone else unable to log in to saintsrow.com? My previous log in doesn't work and if I try to just register, it says my username already exists.

Resetting the password just plain doesn't work. I never receive an e-mail.
https://twitter.com/SaintsRow/status/367403248627355648

I did this and they eventually sent me a new password for my account.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So my friend has stumbled upon a weird thing. He's been playing with one of his friends, and they were up to the mission where they (pre Gang Customization)escape in the ship before Earth blows up. His friend was having trouble with this mission, so they decided to reload it and have him host to see if he could have better luck with steering the ship. His save file says 7% on it and has the correct "Learning the Rules..." mission title on it, but whenever he loads it the game starts from the very beginning intro cutscene as if he hadn't played at all.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, you can unlock or otherwise buy every special costume somewhere.

Then follow-up question: Where do I buy the baller spec-ops suit? I didn't see it at Let's Pretend.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Dickeye posted:

Then follow-up question: Where do I buy the baller spec-ops suit? I didn't see it at Let's Pretend.

Planet Zin, under Suits.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Has anyone gotten this for consoles yet, or is it all PC?

As someone who never sees 60 fps outside of Platinum games I've been wondering how those complaints about poor performance have shaken out.

Me too.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Just got the 360 version from Amazon; I haven't really noticed any major frame rate problems so far. Keep in mind that I'm only a few missions in (just unlocked Super Sprint), I haven't touched co-op yet, and I'm not really picky when it comes to game performance or any of that stuff.

My XBL tag is Paul Revere 3K if anybody wants to get in my game for some coop good times. I have already promised another guy that I would play co-op with him, but he isn't getting the game for a couple of days.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Zaa Boogie posted:

Giant Bomb dudes said races were unplayable on 360 version and I'm rocking them fine. :colbert:

The game is obviously playable, but it's the kind of playable that lets 2002 PCs run DX9 stuff. I'd say the only time the game shits the bed in a way that makes you want to avoid what you are doing are the aircraft vs aircraft mayhem stuff. Anything else is quite tolerable.

Also I still stand by the opinion that the horrible frame hitching and screen tearing are atmospheric and fun.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

My XBL tag is Paul Revere 3K if anybody wants to get in my game for some coop good times. I have already promised another guy that I would play co-op with him, but he isn't getting the game for a couple of days.

This is like seeing your ex with another person, heartbreaking. :( In all seriousness Paul Rev 3K is a really cool dude and is an awesome co-op buddy. I have spent hours with the guy torching Stilwater and Steelport.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Once again I find Insurance Fraud to be basically impossible to beat. I'm so sick of this loving minigame . . . every time I play I rush to the "bonus zones" and attempt to ragdoll myself in front of oncoming cars, hoping to get hit into the air and then hit another car for bonus multipliers, but a) there are never any cars near me when I get up in the air, b) I can never get the pattern of green lights right so I'm basically always next to a bunch of stopped cars, c) I can't control my guy well enough to hit multiple cars in a row, d) this really gets old fast. What am I missing? I'm supposed to get $600,000 and I can barely get $200,000 before the clock runs out.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

This game has some weird problem with the melee bash command on PS3.

Fat_Cow fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 20, 2013

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

OSheaman posted:

Once again I find Insurance Fraud to be basically impossible to beat. I'm so sick of this loving minigame . . . every time I play I rush to the "bonus zones" and attempt to ragdoll myself in front of oncoming cars, hoping to get hit into the air and then hit another car for bonus multipliers, but a) there are never any cars near me when I get up in the air, b) I can never get the pattern of green lights right so I'm basically always next to a bunch of stopped cars, c) I can't control my guy well enough to hit multiple cars in a row, d) this really gets old fast. What am I missing? I'm supposed to get $600,000 and I can barely get $200,000 before the clock runs out.
Do a super run + jump as high as you can. And then at the peak of your jump hold down the ragdoll button. You'll cartwheel hilariously though the air for a little bit and have so much momentum by the time you hit the ground you'll end up with 100k+ if you hit some cars with a little practice. Don't worry too much about the bonus zones just get as much speed as you can.

At least that's what I did.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Whoooo waaants ice creaaaaam?

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

OSheaman posted:

Pretty much ignore the bonus areas, start the ragdoll from a super-sprint + jump combo, smash into things repeatedly as hard as you can.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Do a super run + jump as high as you can. And then at the peak of your jump hold down the ragdoll button. You'll cartwheel hilariously though the air for a little bit and have so much momentum by the time you hit the ground you'll end up with 100k+ with a little practice. Don't worry too much about the bonus zones just get as much speed as you can.

At least that's what I did.

This is what I did as well, it works amazingly and is funny to watch.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Lyer posted:

This is like seeing your ex with another person, heartbreaking. :( In all seriousness Paul Rev 3K is a really cool dude and is an awesome co-op buddy. I have spent hours with the guy torching Stilwater and Steelport.

Lyer is also a badass co-op partner as well.

If I ever stop being a console mongrel and join the PC Master Race, or if you the 360 version for whatever reason, I would happily kick the poo poo out of Virtual Steelport with you anytime.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

E:^^^ I'm seriously loving tempted to buy this game *again* and a 3mo xbl gold sub just for loving co-op, SR4 is so much fun to just play.

I found that if you continuously press the ragdoll button you can actually start rolling forward for more momentum during periods where you're slowing down. Do this on the roads going against traffic and chances are a car will hit you, sending you right back up. I managed to net 600k (and traveling across the city amusingly) in one go around doing it this way.

Then again if you could get gold in insurance fraud in SR2, all other iterations are easy in comparison. :smug:

Lyer fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 20, 2013

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

OSheaman posted:

Not sure what you're doing wrong. You cartwheel across the city pretty darn fast. http://www.twitch.tv/gibbed/c/2786913

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The romance scenes are all horrifying. Cid :stare:

Also, the ASCII mode loving rules.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Two quick questions:

1) Can I turn off auto aim somehow?

2) Is there anyway to change weapons with out pausing the game? (Its super loving annoying)

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Found this li'l fella lyin' around.

Apparently this was also in a SRTT DLC but since THQ decided to gently caress over europe regions with the game, I never got to see the DLCs since I'm stupid I never got to see it in SRTT. Ah well, still.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 20, 2013

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is anyone else getting a glitch where the wrong voices' subtitles are playing?

e: Also the bit in Shaundi's recruitment where you run through the plane is giving me really bad Max Payne 1 vibes.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 20, 2013

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Musluk posted:

Found this li'l fella lyin' around.

Apparently this was also in a SRTT DLC but since THQ decided to gently caress over europe regions with the game, I never got to see the DLCs. Ah well, still.

Where did you get the broom :stare: I fuckin loved that thing. Is it something you need cheats for like the Saints VTOL?

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I haven't noticed this with any other game, but I've noticed in this I can't seem to sprint, go forward, and jump at the same time. It doesn't seem to recognize all three inputs at once. I assume this is a problem with my keyboard? Anyone know a fix other than "buy a new keyboard"?

Other than that the game is awesome, I just have a hard time with Blazin' missions. :(

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Oh my god. Veteran Child and Matt.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A CONVERSATION TOGETHER. NOW I NEED TO SWITCH OUT ALL MY HOMIES. DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE. ohgodIneedtohearalltheconversations.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

nerdbot posted:

Where did you get the broom :stare: I fuckin loved that thing. Is it something you need cheats for like the Saints VTOL?

Nope, it is found on one of the towers, and keeps respawning there. First I thought it was debris from something I shot on the way to the tower but nope!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

gibbed posted:

Not sure what you're doing wrong. You cartwheel across the city pretty darn fast. http://www.twitch.tv/gibbed/c/2786913

I hope to god that isn't something the devs would consider a bug. Holy poo poo that looks fun.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

I hope to god that isn't something the devs would consider a bug. Holy poo poo that looks fun.

I have ready said, anyone who says Insurance Fraud isn't Working as Intended has no business playing a Saints Row game. I just wish I could stop hunting down data clusters. It's an addiction. I haven't done anything else since I unlocked the door.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Only got to play for a few hours between jobs today, but holy poo poo is this game amazing. The walking animation during the "Pleasantville" sequence is loving hilarious. Probably not necessary to spoiler that as it's so early on in the game, but it was a welcome surprise. Also, the super powers make this game exactly what I wanted it to be. In previous games I would just turn cheats on and jump off of buildings, but this is even better. Can't wait to have a day off to play this game some more.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Two quick questions:

1) Can I turn off auto aim somehow?

2) Is there anyway to change weapons with out pausing the game? (Its super loving annoying)

1. It's under the gamepad section of the options.

2. Nope, unless it's possible to mod this sometime in the future.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Not only is it not a bug (indicated by the chirpy 'nice view!' from your character as you launch into the sky), it's the only way to get those coveted gold rankings. It's 100% intentional and sums up the general attitude of the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

VisAbsoluta posted:

1. It's under the gamepad section of the options.

2. Nope, unless it's possible to mod this sometime in the future.

Thanks. And that's really unfortunate to hear about the weapon menu. Not sure what they were thinking when they made it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

OSheaman posted:

Have you somehow just not unlocked the super-sprint ability yet or something?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It needs to be said that the Zack and Bobby voice actors spew nothing but gold in the Mind Over Murder segments and I feel like they deserve an award. I hope I get to save them, wherever on Zinyak's ship they are :smith:

I'm so pumped to see what Steam Workshop will turn this game into, by the way.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Ok I just finished the story missions. gently caress this game is great!
The only thing I hated was the 2-3 hour mission tutorial (doing one of each side quest) as these are mostly quests I've done before in other SR games and can't be hosed with them anymore.

Dubstep gun is awesome
Get the unlimited sprint ASAP
You can drive cars? Dunno never bothered!

I love how they've set the scene for the next SR game to be even bigger and crazier It's an ending straight from Riddick

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well this game has been a shitload of frustration in general, gently caress those Warden assholes seriously. I just got to the rescue Matt mission, where Kinzie spawns the Tank for you and the game just keeps crashing over and over right there. Then it tries to launch the Inaguration Station for some stupid reason. I'm actually kind of regretting buying this thing now.
Any word on a fix for the crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hmm, is there only a certain Friendly Fire where the sniper rifle is available? Cause it was available to purchase before, I'm further along now and it doesn't seem to be anymore. So I'm trying to figure out if I have to go to an exact store

• Locked thread