Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Didn't see this posted yet, but actual M4 photos are appearing now and not the stupid hilariously over produced ones from BMW.

Even in the weird metallic yellow, I think it looks pretty drat good. I think I may have found my next car. It's looking like an even better 335.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
is the crazy origami ground effects thing an optimization for aero or is it just a trend? Seems like everyone has these really complicated surfaces that look too busy.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

Can I have some more info on this specific truck? Looks great, but all I can select on rams website is crew cab with the short bed. :confused:

Elk Grove Dodge, Northern California by Sacramento is sitting on 10+ of this very 4x2 model. I see it in the paper every day, they are begging people to buy one because everyone here buys the giant double cab 4x4 versions to look badass and maybe tow something to the lake 10 miles away every 4 years. I don't know what the hell CBRCC is but I bet these would go for $22k out the door.

http://www.elkgrovedodge.com/sacram...xteriorColor_/4

edit: and something seems off with that BMW M4....sort of AC Schnitzer ground effects/diffusers going on...gonna wait for real one. :fap:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

is the crazy origami ground effects thing an optimization for aero or is it just a trend? Seems like everyone has these really complicated surfaces that look too busy.

Keyser S0ze posted:

edit: and something seems off with that BMW M4....sort of AC Schnitzer ground effects/diffusers going on...gonna wait for real one. :fap:

Well, BMW is still calling it a 'concept' so who knows. I do however think that the front lip might change, as that thing is going to be destroyed in 100 miles on US roads.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Keyser S0ze posted:

Elk Grove Dodge, Northern California by Sacramento is sitting on 10+ of this very 4x2 model. I see it in the paper every day, they are begging people to buy one because everyone here buys the giant double cab 4x4 versions to look badass and maybe tow something to the lake 10 miles away every 4 years. I don't know what the hell CBRCC is but I bet these would go for $22k out the door.

http://www.elkgrovedodge.com/sacram...xteriorColor_/4

I bet if you went in there with a lightly used $10,000 trade and another 10 in cash you'd drive out with no payments.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Stealth Like posted:

Well, BMW is still calling it a 'concept' so who knows. I do however think that the front lip might change, as that thing is going to be destroyed in 100 miles on US roads.

Yeah, now that I'm thinking about it even going for a single commute down the highway would probably turn that thing into a piece of garbage hanging off the front of the car

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Aside from the side vents it looks like a standard M Sport F30 with the :rice: M Performance "aerodynamic kit" BMW sells.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/cont...ncepartsRD.aspx

My guess is that the real M3 won't have that lip on the front to run into speed bumps but who knows. :iiam:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

Keyser S0ze posted:

Elk Grove Dodge, Northern California by Sacramento

I live in :canada:, nothing cool ever comes here. Thanks for the info, those are some great prices compared to here.

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

I still can't get over how ugly the hood cut line is on the F30.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can't get over how terrible the side vent looks.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

discstickers posted:

That whole front end is one big oversculpted disaster.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I can't get over how terrible the side vent looks.

I really really don't like the way the side vents look on the regular 4 series. The thick black border just makes them look awful. I think they look okay on the M4 though.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

discstickers posted:

90% of the ones you encounter on the street will be black anyway.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
Well here's a thing. The Laraki Motors Epitome Concept. It's built off a C6 Corvette, weighs 2,800 lb, and is powered by a 1,200hp Chevy V8. An interesting feature is that it has dual gas tanks - one for regular fuel, and one for 110 octane. Apparently you hit a switch, and the car will run off both tanks, pushing it up to 1,750hp. It costs a cool $2mil.

Too bad it looks like, uh, this:

edit: Forgot to link where I found this info - http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/18/laraki-motors-epitome-concept-monterey-2013/

HairyNipple! fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 19, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I'm completely not understanding why it would be better to run on both tanks than just on the 110 octane one.

Also maybe I've just become jaded by the current huge exhaust pipe trend but that exhaust looks kinda small for a 1700 HP presumably pretty large displacement V8 to exhale out of.

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 19, 2013

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm completely not understanding why it would be better to run on both tanks than just on the 110 octane one.

Also maybe I've just become jaded by the current huge exhaust pipe trend but that exhaust looks kinda small for a 1700 HP presumably pretty large displacement V8 to exhale out of.

It also makes sense for the 110 to be used as an additive. Maybe it's easier on the engine to mix them rather than run pure 110.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I would wager it's a gimmick and it's a matter of the engine not being able to run a proper mixture at full boost unless the fuel pumps in both tanks are running. Look at the crazy multi-pump setups some Lightning guys run.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HairyNipple! posted:

Well here's a thing. The Laraki Motors Epitome Concept. It's built off a C6 Corvette, weighs 2,800 lb, and is powered by a 1,200hp Chevy V8. An interesting feature is that it has dual gas tanks - one for regular fuel, and one for 110 octane. Apparently you hit a switch, and the car will run off both tanks, pushing it up to 1,750hp. It costs a cool $2mil.

Too bad it looks like, uh, this:

edit: Forgot to link where I found this info - http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/18/laraki-motors-epitome-concept-monterey-2013/

I prefer space age out there stuff like this than a lot of the typical sedan stylings. I mean if you're going for a 2 million dollar car, it should look unique.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gatts posted:

I prefer space age out there stuff like this than a lot of the typical sedan stylings. I mean if you're going for a 2 million dollar car, it should look unique.

Maybe it's just the side coves talking, but honestly it kind of looks like a C1 Corvette had a baby with a GT-R (or maybe a Gillette (the razor, that is, not Gillet the race car maker)).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cream_Filling posted:

Maybe it's just the side coves talking, but honestly it kind of looks like a C1 Corvette had a baby with a GT-R (or maybe a Gillette (the razor, that is, not Gillet the race car maker)).

It looks like a cross between an Audi R8 and a Peugeot/Citroën concept car.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Snowdens Secret posted:

hey you just spent 2 mil on a car, don't want to be wasting that expensive high octane in traffic son.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spy shots of the 2015 Mustang. Looks like an SN95 hosed the current model.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/2015-ford-mustang-face-spy-shots/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016&ts=1377016479

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Excellent, my next car will be the new Taurus coupe.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rude. posted:

Excellent, my next car will be the new Taurus coupe.

Well at least you'll be able to go back in time if you regret the purchase.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think that actually looks pretty good. I'm more wondering what the rear end will look like.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I think that actually looks pretty good. I'm more wondering what the rear end will look like.

I think it looks good as well, better than the retro styling on the current Mustang. With the new Stang going to be smaller and lighter, it is going to be a beast compared to the lard rear end Camaro and Challenger

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Am I the only one getting a little Infiniti Q50 from that new Mustang nose? You wouldn't mistake them, but there's definitely a resemblance there.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Q_res posted:

Am I the only one getting a little Infiniti Q50 from that new Mustang nose? You wouldn't mistake them, but there's definitely a resemblance there.

Most of the lines were taken from the Evos concept:

Basically that car with a more aggressive grille, slightly larger headlights, and a strong motor/drivetrain underneath. If you notice the spyshots, you can see where they squared up the back end with some tubing to try & hide the sloping rear quarter area.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 21, 2013

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Devyl posted:

Most of the lines were taken from the Evos concept:

:sigh: I know that, that's not the point, I'm just saying I see a similarity in appearance.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Nah, still too Aston Martin-like. Give the new Mustang flat black paint & cherry-red AM lipstick. It could look good.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

it is going to be a beast compared to the lard rear end Camaro

Next gen Camaro is supposed to cut a lot of weight too.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fknlo posted:

Next gen Camaro is supposed to cut a lot of weight too.

Yeah supposedly it's based on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS, which even with 2 more doors and luxury NVH trimmings weighs 3,315–3,461 lb, or about the same as the current model Mustang (which is ~3400 lbs for the V6 and 3550 for the v8).

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Q_res posted:

Am I the only one getting a little Infiniti Q50 from that new Mustang nose?

Yes, because no one can remember which Infiniti the Q50 is without consulting a decoder chart

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snowdens Secret posted:

Yes, because no one can remember which Infiniti the Q50 is without consulting a decoder chart

I just googled it and I still don't know what it's supposed to be. When I first heard "Q" I assumed it was a crossover but apparently that's Audi. Also the pictures on the website are all fractured and between that and the too curvy styling I can't even get a sense of scale because I vaguely recall Q meaning the biggest Infiniti. But it starts at $36k so I guess it's some sort of 3 series competitor? Except I thought that was the G37 aka the bro-mobile aka the only Infinity anyone's ever heard of. So who knows. Maybe it's a budget 5-series competitor in the vein of the CTS?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

It squarely replaces the G37.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Cream_Filling posted:

I just googled it and I still don't know what it's supposed to be. When I first heard "Q" I assumed it was a crossover but apparently that's Audi. Also the pictures on the website are all fractured and between that and the too curvy styling I can't even get a sense of scale because I vaguely recall Q meaning the biggest Infiniti. But it starts at $36k so I guess it's some sort of 3 series competitor? Except I thought that was the G37 aka the bro-mobile aka the only Infinity anyone's ever heard of. So who knows. Maybe it's a budget 5-series competitor in the vein of the CTS?

The Q50 is the car formerly known as the G37 sedan. The Q60 is the G37 coupe...beyond that it's all muddy water to me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I can't be the only one who finds current Infiniti styling horrid right? All their cars seem to be simultaneously melting while having suffered an allergic bee sting. Not a single attractive car in the bunch.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It's the replacement for the G35/7, right now just the sedan is out and they're still actually selling the G37 alongside it too.

Anyway getting back to something people actually care about : Stuffing comical engines into badly built, under engineered body-on-frame trucks!

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/08/nissan-announces-next-titan-will-have-a-cummins.html

quote:

IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 20, 2013) – At the kickoff of Nissan 360, an industry
showcase of Nissan’s global product and technology portfolio, the company
announced it will offer a newly-developed Cummins V8 turbo diesel in its nextgeneration full-size pickup.
Now in the latter stages of development and testing, the available Cummins 5.0L V8
Turbo Diesel engine has been optimized for the next generation Titan as a result of
the partnership between Cummins and Nissan. Cummins also is developing a version
of the engine for its commercial vehicle customers.
“We have done our homework on the next-generation Titan. Truck owners told us
there’s a demand for the performance and torque of a diesel in a capable truck that
doesn’t require the jump up to a heavy-duty commercial pickup,” said Fred Diaz,
divisional vice president, Nissan Sales & Marketing, Service & Parts, Nissan North
America. “There is no question that the new Titan will turn heads, and with the
available Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel, we expect to win new fans and attract
buyers looking for this unique configuration.”
Nissan has previously announced the next-generation Titan will add powertrain
options and cab-and-box configurations to broaden the appeal of the new truck when
it comes to market.
“We are very excited to partner with Nissan on the introduction of the Cummins 5.0L
V8 Turbo Diesel to the North American pickup truck market,” said Dave Crompton,
vice president, Cummins Engine Business. “This new engine will offer the right
balance of power, performance and fuel economy while delivering the dependability
that customers expect of a Cummins engine. This will be a great package.”
With a torque rating in the mid-500s (lb-ft) and more than 300 horsepower, the
Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel will provide light truck customers the combination of
towing capacity and mileage that is expected in the highly-competitive North
American truck marketplace.
The Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel will be built in America's manufacturing heartland
at the Columbus Engine Plant, in Columbus, Ind., Cummins headquarters. This plant
has the latest technological innovations to continue the 90-plus year tradition of
building the highest quality Cummins engines.

Now you can grenade your rear ends and boil your tranny fluid even faster while still getting 12mpg. :banjo:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Yeah I was half-joking about the confusion because :effort: but then I decided to actually look things up and :psyduck:

This is so loving retarded. First they pick the model letter with the least popular models and lowest name recognition - one that's even shared with a competitor (Audi's Q5, Q7, etc.). Then the numbers don't even indicate larger vehicles as they get larger. The G37 convertible gets a bigger number than the 4-door sedan version. The huge 7-passenger minivan replacement gets a lower model number than the mid-sized FX. It looks like how big the the number is is generally based on price range but price doesn't even roughly correlate to size like in basically every other luxury brand, thus making this the absolute worst alphabet soup naming scheme I've ever seen. It's both confusing yet blatant, in that the numbers somehow correlate to price so people can guess how much money you spent, but nobody knows what you spent it on or why.

Hopefully they're only going to offer one engine per model, or else we'll end up with more confusing and hideous names. Like Q50 sDrive iStylePower Type G or some crap like that.

edit: yes I also find them all hideous looking and consistently getting worse with every redesign.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

bull3964 posted:

I can't be the only one who finds current Infiniti styling horrid right? All their cars seem to be simultaneously melting while having suffered an allergic bee sting. Not a single attractive car in the bunch.

No they are horrid, plus pretty much every Infiniti I've ever sat in has been festooned with details and flourishes that only a real estate agent could appreciate.

Every time I get all :qq: about modern BMWs, I just think of Infiniti and remind myself that it could all be so much worse.