Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I really didn't expect this game to have a Harry Potter reference, though at this point I shouldn't be surprised.

Catch the golden orb? Should I be riding a broom for this?

What if I told you you can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Played a few hours, got up to the sidequest where you play Insurance Fraud and took a break. The game is amazing, and while I love the superpowers I kinda wish they let you opt to keep the knife from the intro. Stabbing enemies in the chest multiple times for an instant kill was strangely satisfying.

Definitely glad I played on hard though, the ability to die rather quickly to gunfire definitely helps balance how absurdly overpowered the superpowers are in taking out whole groups of enemies.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

The game is amazing, and while I love the superpowers I kinda wish they let you opt to keep the knife from the intro. Stabbing enemies in the chest multiple times for an instant kill was strangely satisfying.

Give it some time and modders will have that done for you.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Holy poo poo Pierce I'm loving dying laughing hurts oh god

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

Played a few hours, got up to the sidequest where you play Insurance Fraud and took a break. The game is amazing, and while I love the superpowers I kinda wish they let you opt to keep the knife from the intro. Stabbing enemies in the chest multiple times for an instant kill was strangely satisfying.

Definitely glad I played on hard though, the ability to die rather quickly to gunfire definitely helps balance how absurdly overpowered the superpowers are in taking out whole groups of enemies.

The gameplay has changed so much I need to do a full play through on normal before even hitting hardcore. The one thing I dislike about the telekinesis power is sometimes you hit the button too fast and it catches the object you just threw.

Are screenshots saved somewhere? I couldn't find the picture of my 1.8 million uninterrupted score for insurance fraud. :smug:

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
I can stop at any time. Seriously, just one more data cluster and I'll turn it off. :(

Also, anyone else notice that the towers get hilariously easy once you upgrade the jump power a few times? Still having a blast though. Had a framerate issue during one of the UFO mayhem's but other than that no worries on the 360.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Really glad I buckled down and played SR2 before this one! Pretty awesome how much all the other games figure into this one, it's a big love letter to the series.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The lack of regenerating health is interesting. It makes everything much more frenetic. You can't afford to just hide, you need to go out there and kill something to heal yourself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Speedball posted:

The lack of regenerating health is interesting. It makes everything much more frenetic. You can't afford to just hide, you need to go out there and kill something to heal yourself.
I got the ability to kill bystanders for health but I really wish I could actually consume them like in Prototype, that was awesome.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Er, after quitting the game yesterday, I appear to have lost one of the rewards, the collectable finder. The quest is done in game (it's Matt's right? the one before you get his outfit), but none of the collectables are showing up on the mini map and I can't find it on the abilities list. Anyone know how to fix it or can I just cheat it in?

Indubitable Leg posted:

Also, anyone else notice that the towers get hilariously easy once you upgrade the jump power a few times?
I keep missing data clusters and have to keep jumping down to collect them, ha.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I got the ability to kill bystanders for health but I really wish I could actually consume them like in Prototype, that was awesome.

Oh, man, that is totally what I was thinking too. Instead of being a fleshy absorption it could be like, sucking up the polygons that make them up or something. Heh.

They upgraded the Awesome Button attacks, too. I find that zipping around during combat isn't just fun, it's necessary.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I'm going to order this from the UK soon. I loved Saints Row 3 and I'm loving Saints Row 2. Can't believe I can commit crimes to Okkervil River and The Thermals. How does the feel of superpowered movement compare to Crackdown and Prototype?

Has anyone done to obvious thing and made Springsteen The Boss in any of the games? While blasting Its Hard To Be A Saint In The City? I would but I suck at the character creators and I love my giant chinned Cockney boss.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rookersh posted:

Oh my god. I can tell I'm ahead of all of you, because nobody else has even spoilertalked about the Gat's mind level yet.

It was loving amazing is what it was.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Count Chocula posted:

I'm going to order this from the UK soon. I loved Saints Row 3 and I'm loving Saints Row 2. Can't believe I can commit crimes to Okkervil River and The Thermals. How does the feel of superpowered movement compare to Crackdown and Prototype?

Has anyone done to obvious thing and made Springsteen The Boss in any of the games? While blasting Its Hard To Be A Saint In The City? I would but I suck at the character creators and I love my giant chinned Cockney boss.

The movement system is pure Prototype once you fully upgrade it (you do not start with the ability to run up walls at first; you need to do a Megaman X-style multi-walljump until you buy the upgrade). The process for finding upgrade points for your powers, however, is pure Crackdown: you collect shiny things on top of rooftops and those shiny things are everywhere.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does absorbing their HP through some weird pixel degradation field count? Because then you can consume people. It sorta breaks any sense of difficulty the game could have had up to that point, but it's a thing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The only problem with the controls being so much like Prototype is that it sometimes suffers the same control issue as that game: broad and massive movements are easy and fluid, but precision can be a bitch.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So has anybodey else had the game crash on the Zero Cool mission when you get the tank? I guess I might need to try a few things, but its really frustrating. I thought it was some kind of cheeky joke or something, but it's an actual crash. I did a search and it dosen't look like it's that common, maybe have to wait for the eventual bugfix patch.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My one complaint about this game is that you hold jump to charge up the jump, rather than just hold to jump farther like in Crackdown. This makes judging how far my jump will take me a little bit more difficult.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Radio spoiler I guess:
OH MY GOD ZINYAK RUINED BIZ MARKIE AHAHAH

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
Is there a way to carry over your boss from SR3 to SR4? I'm not seeing the option. I'm on the PS3 also. Sorry if this was posted recently and I missed it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Rank 4 in Fire Damage is supposed to make you immune to fire damage, but I still catch fire and take damage. Is this bug happening to just me or are you guys getting it too?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

The only problem with the controls being so much like Prototype is that it sometimes suffers the same control issue as that game: broad and massive movements are easy and fluid, but precision can be a bitch.

I've been able to land directly on data clusters more times than not. The superpowers in this game are extremely well done.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
Just finished the Keith Davis betrayal mission. Oh my god Rowdy Roddy Pipper is my homie :allears:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Faltion posted:

Is there a way to carry over your boss from SR3 to SR4? I'm not seeing the option. I'm on the PS3 also. Sorry if this was posted recently and I missed it.

It uses the same sliders, so if all else fails, just go to a surgery place in SR3 and write down every single slider to recreate your boss. I guess.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Beat the game. 93% completion including all side missions with golds. Took me 19 hours. What a masterpiece.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Capn Beeb posted:

Radio spoiler I guess:
OH MY GOD ZINYAK RUINED BIZ MARKIE AHAHAH

Can't wait to put a bullet in his head :argh:
Already got 13 hours in the game. Jumping is just fun.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Post-Game Unlock Question: Where's the computer terminal to change the time of day?

Edit: Found it, it's in the lounge.

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 21, 2013

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
If anyone has any tips for getting gold on the hard Geni's MOM I'd appreciate it. I'm a minute twenty behind and I don't even know how to make it much quicker.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I dunno about you guys but there is "buggy" and then there is "this game is intentionally buggy"

And it seems like it's the former not the latter with this game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Faltion posted:

Bit of a roundabout way:

My Lovely Horse posted:

How to get your SR3 character into SRIV

1. Register an account on saintsrow.com and link your XBox Live, PSN or Steam account in the account settings.
2. Upload your character from SR3, you can do this in Image as Designed (in clothing stores as well? Can't remember.)
3. Your character should show up in your saintsrow.com account. Add them to the download queue.
4. You can now download your character into SR3, the Inauguration Station and SRIV. If you want to make adjustments in the Inauguration Station and keep them for use in SRIV, you need to upload and add them to the queue again.

Note that saintsrow.com is a terribly programmed website and it can take a while before either your uploaded character shows up under your account or a queued character can be downloaded. Also, characters can't be shared between platforms, and if you have multiple platform accounts associated with your saintsrow.com account, you might have to fiddle some with the account settings before the right characters show up.
By now of course you can download directly into SR4 and make adjustments there. Also, "a while" can mean half an hour each way if not longer.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Radio on foot really elevates this whole experience. I never thought flying around, ramming and flinging aliens around to "Grape Drank" would be something I've been wanting for so long.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Keith David's homie chat with Shaundi :stare:

He's such a convincing actor that I could easily believe he's relating a real-life experience when talking about strangling a bad agent.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I seem to have skipped over a bit of the plot. The last mission I've played is the tutorial where you unlock the fire blast. I'm talking to an AI which wants me to find a body for it. What did I miss as his introduction? I think it's because I did some activities without their introductions.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Faltion posted:

If anyone has any tips for getting gold on the hard Geni's MOM I'd appreciate it. I'm a minute twenty behind and I don't even know how to make it much quicker.

This was the hardest activity thing in the whole game for me. Here's some things to try/keep in mind:

You can grab and throw things at the targets while jumping, but it's a bit of a pain.

You can carry stuff around with your TK for a while, such as bringing a genki head from one point to the next, which is good because Genki heads are sometimes hard to find / use quickly.

If you're real close to the target circle, you'll be able to throw the object through the hoop and still be able to grab it back so you can throw it into another ring.

Sometimes the game will gently caress you and not spawn pedestrians or cars even though you need them to do this. When that happens, swear and restart the mission.

This seriously took me like 10 runs before I got gold on it. My first run, it passed into the silver time tier before I had even finished the second to last area. To get gold here, you basically have to run through all the areas without loving anything up.

quote:

Get a coop partner

Well poo poo, that's probably way easier. :-)

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 21, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Faltion posted:

Get a coop partner.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

M.O.M hard mode took me 2 tries I think for gold. A couple other activities I had a harder time getting gold with. Some of these were probably my fault. Just keep at it I guess.

Also absolute end game spoilers from the end of the game ahead.

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the megaman rifle type thing you get at the end? Equipping the power armor doesn't give it and it isn't in my weapons list.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hank Morgan posted:

I seem to have skipped over a bit of the plot. The last mission I've played is the tutorial where you unlock the fire blast. I'm talking to an AI which wants me to find a body for it. What did I miss as his introduction? I think it's because I did some activities without their introductions.

For this one you enter a "talking" rift and as you're doing the activity CID speaks to you, explaining who he is and that his physical body died a while ago. In exchange for helping Boss he wants a new body to explore outside his rifts.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Hacking stores is loving stupid and annoying and they didnt streamline it at all for mouse and keyboard.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

That final mission is a thing of beauty, especially that movie quote at the same time as the music :allears:

Now I can't wait to install some mods and go do it all again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I so want to play this game. (Aussiegoon).
:(

• Locked thread