Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

Texas privatized custom plates awhile back, pretty sure that's the only reason we get so many choices.

You wind up paying up to $395/year (on top of normal registration) for them though, depending which style you go for and just how custom you go. And if you want your custom plate fees to be due at the same time as your vehicle registration, that's another fee. You also can't use them on classic/antique cars if they're titled as such.

Oh yeah, limited to 6 characters, even though we've been rocking 7 character plates for awhile. Every now and then they'll auction off a handful of "desirable" 7 character plates for assrape amounts of money.

Yeah, that not being able to get 7 letters on a custom plate pisses me off. They also made the standard TX plate incredibly boring. It's white with black letters, for gently caress's sake. The only decoration is the little Texas start in the corner. We used to have cowboys and space shuttles, drat it!

e: also, goddamn on that truck jump. Fell asleep at the wheel, I'd guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
That or drunk. That stretch of road isn't exactly taxing.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That or drunk. That stretch of road isn't exactly taxing.

Intoxicated, according to the article.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Vine is complete rammel, so thanks for posting that :stonklol:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

https://vine.co/v/hMLVA1emhej

Where we're going we don't need roads.

Holy shitballs that's amazing to watch in a loop. I wonder if he was in a different truck like an SVT Raptor or if he was going faster if he would have cleared it. He made it a good 90% of the way. It reminds me of that high speed chase with the 3rd gen F-Body that drills the median and soars into the overpass. Anyone have that handy?

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Holy shitballs that's amazing to watch in a loop. I wonder if he was in a different truck like an SVT Raptor or if he was going faster if he would have cleared it. He made it a good 90% of the way. It reminds me of that high speed chase with the 3rd gen F-Body that drills the median and soars into the overpass. Anyone have that handy?

I guess the real question becomes how hosed up do you have to be to drive down a median at what looks like 60 plus. With a trailer in tow no less.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I only have this version saved:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Valt posted:

I guess the real question becomes how hosed up do you have to be to drive down a median at what looks like 60 plus. With a trailer in tow no less.

Meth. Not even once.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Someone photoshop some Sonic The Hedgehog rings onto this

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Deeters posted:

Everyone is a winner.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Deeters posted:

Thaaat's the one. It's only enhanced with the knight rider opening. Thinking about it more I bet he could have cleared more real estate if the trailer wasn't attached.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

joat mon posted:

There's definitely something to be said for air bags and crumple zones.

Definitely.

I walked away from this unharmed:

(I made it out before the fire got too bad..)

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Mooseykins posted:

Definitely.

(I made it out before the fire got too bad..)

Was the engine torn out in the crash or did it fall out afterwards from the fire or relocation?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

General_Failure posted:

Was the engine torn out in the crash or did it fall out afterwards from the fire or relocation?

It fell out afterwards when it was unloaded from the truck. There was nothing left to hold it in, the gearbox melted so the mount on that side was AWOL. As was the gearbox and.. most of my beloved car.

*cries*

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Mooseykins posted:

It fell out afterwards when it was unloaded from the truck. There was nothing left to hold it in, the gearbox melted so the mount on that side was AWOL. As was the gearbox and.. most of my beloved car.

*cries*

Ouch. But I am glad that the engine wasn't torn out with enough force to end up underneath. That would have been bad.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

General_Failure posted:

Ouch. But I am glad that the engine wasn't torn out with enough force to end up underneath. That would have been bad.

That's actually the designed failure method for most modern cars, isn't it? It takes a hell of a lot of energy to do so, which becomes energy that isn't being dissipated through the fleshy things inside the car.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's actually the designed failure method for most modern cars, isn't it? It takes a hell of a lot of energy to do so, which becomes energy that isn't being dissipated through the fleshy things inside the car.

I believe so. Hence my comment. The energy wasn't enough to have done so, so the crash would have been hopefully less severe than one that would have dislodged the engine.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

Kinda surprised at how well the AE86 seems to have held up, all things considered. Although it does look like somebody went through the windshield. :ohdear:

Saw this at my girlfriend's apartment complex. The rear spoiler had to be only a dozen or so degrees off vertical, I can only imagine it acts more like an air-brake and gas mileage destroyer. The rain makes the paint look much better than it was, it had pretty bad orange peal. I went to high school with this idiot. At least the rear window sticker is mostly truthful, I can totally believe he "built" this in his backyard.

oooh diamond racing wheels with 0 offset - those were cool on honda-tech a few years ago

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Looks like big American iron from the '60s or so - two-door for sure, might have a back seat.

Appears to be a '63-'64 Pontiac Bonneville

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Photoshopped, everyone knows old body-on-frame American cars are more solid and durable than those unibody European pieces of crap. :colbert:

Seriously, this is an even more vivid demonstration than that vid from a few years back where they filmed an offset crash between an 09 Malibu and a 59 Bel Air.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Mooseykins posted:

You can't post that without some kind of backstory. :stare:

I keep hearing the horn from the Dukes of Hazard car(s).

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Way too many of these driving around this area....

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Give it Washington plates, and I'm right back home in Bellingham. :allears:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
No grateful dead sticker, no sale. :colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fucknag posted:

Photoshopped, everyone knows old body-on-frame American cars are more solid and durable than those unibody European pieces of crap. :colbert:

People say this unironically where I work PT (Home Depot) and then get all racist on me about the "hispanic ethnicity" day-laborers in the parking lot. In Phoenix. I'm from Idaho where this racism was rampant, and it is way worse down here in Arizona, which I didn't think was possible before I move down.

Not a day goes by I don't want to choke a bitch.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
A reminder that the contemporary 'European piece of crap' that stereotype was based on was some paragon of safety like a Deux Chevaux, MG, Fiat or very generously something like a Peugot 204. All cars that if surviving to present-day would crumple like tinfoil if you taped a note to them written in Impact font

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Mooseykins posted:

*cries*

fwiw, you are lucky to be alive, because jesus christ

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This has made me incredibly angry.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Awaiting the inevitable Romney jokes

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's ancient. Like, pre-Fark ancient.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Is this in Europe somewhere?

A reverse image search turned up this.

Don't know if it should be in this thread or not.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Looks like east Asia, going by the oriental writing on the tanker body in one pic.

SierraEchoBravo posted:

A reverse image search turned up this.

Don't know if it should be in this thread or not.

That looks like the old Mercedes-Benz concept truck.

Colani:
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2006/12/concept-truck-by-luigi-colani.html

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Tough call. Everything that dude designs looks like it came from the streamlined future.

He's apparently more of a sculptor and futurist than a real car designer, and I've never really been sure if I like his designs or not.

e;fb

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
It looks like something that would be at home in the more recent Star Wars movies.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
IIRC if I recall correctly he designed the Eifelland Formula 1 car, which looked pretty neat but was a massive failure otherwise. He did not understand aerodynamics very well.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

SierraEchoBravo posted:

It looks like something that would be at home in the more recent Star Wars movies.

Speed Racer :colbert:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

SierraEchoBravo posted:

I'd guess SE Asia. The dog looks like a Korean Jindo, or other similar Asian breed. And it's not Japan, because they drive on the left.

phade
Oct 8, 2006

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I'd guess SE Asia. The dog looks like a Korean Jindo, or other similar Asian breed. And it's not Japan, because they drive on the left.

There's Korean on the placard on the side of the truck in the bottom left picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Random idiot pulls up to some people hanging out in a parking lot and starts spouting poo poo that he wants to race in his mum's CX9. Says that he had a 400hp RSX until of course he totalled it. He gets asked about said RSX and what he did to get 400hp out of it and "I don't want to talk about it".

What a bunch of dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XszCEElIiKE

Have this too.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 21, 2013