Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

One of my footballing peeves is when an arsey little midget squares up to a hardman because he knows he won't get punched since it would lead to a red card. Hated it when Nasri tried it with Carragher, Coutinho no different, no matter how good a player he is. Wilshere is terrible for it too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was wondering, what's the suspension period for a straight hard punch? Not a slap or something. Like if you just Koed a little goon.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Seltzer posted:

I was wondering, what's the suspension period for a straight hard punch? Not a slap or something. Like if you just Koed a little goon.

Three games and up.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

NeoNaoNeo posted:

One of my footballing peeves is when an arsey little midget squares up to a hardman because he knows he won't get punched since it would lead to a red card. Hated it when Nasri tried it with Carragher, Coutinho no different, no matter how good a player he is. Wilshere is terrible for it too.
I'm with you, I was not a fan of that clip of Coutinho squaring up to whoever it was for Stoke. Doesn't make me think he's passionate, makes me think he's got a Napoleon complex and would get knocked out if he tried it with the wrong guy on a saturday in a town centre, it's pretending you're a hardman when you're not. Just make those sweet throughballs Phillipe, don't need to prove you're the toughest guy on the pitch.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 21, 2013

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Was Taters posted:

Three games and up.

So I take it three games is the minimum, but that would be for something like a slap I'd assume. Does anyone remember an instance where someone teed off on someone and what the subsequent ban was? Luisao (Benfica CB) ran at a ref to protest another player being sent off and because he is a big goof didn't slow down quick enough and knocked into the ref and he got in major poo poo

quote:

On 11 August 2012, in the last minutes of the first half of a friendly with Fortuna Düsseldorf, Luisão clattered into referee Christian Fischer as he was about to send off teammate Javi García for two reckless challenges on Oliver Fink; the referee refused to resume the game and suspended it,[9][10] proceeding to announce he would take legal action against the player.

The ref was a complete wiener and actually loving dives like a footballer when he gets ran into. The incident cost Luisao eleven games, but I guess they come down tougher on players getting physical with refs. It's like assaulting a police officer vs. assaulting a random guy I'd assume. Anyways I'll post the video below, the angles aren't very good, but you can see it most likely wasn't intentional and the ref actually takes a dive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVG1c-UZ6I

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

Stinky Pit posted:

I mentioned this when there were rumors about Liverpool picking him up.

He's always had great reflexes but had some holes in his game. He had huge guts and self awareness to realize he was never going to improve getting a big paycheck in Mexico so he went to France and joined a newly promoted team where he knew he was going to have to play well. He has grown so much in his two years at Ajaccio, he rushes out now, clears balls far more decisively and his distribution is way better and his reflexes and reactions haven't dulled. He put in a similarly impressive performance last year against PSG and won constant praise from the french press.

Corona is good but his omission from the NT is just another sign of how incredibly retarded Chepo is. (Id also quite like Arsenal to buy him)

Good post, couldn't agree more. Chepo is a loving disgrace for not starting him. Should be starting for Liverpool though. :P

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Seltzer posted:

The ref was a complete wiener and actually loving dives like a footballer when he gets ran into. The incident cost Luisao eleven games, but I guess they come down tougher on players getting physical with refs. It's like assaulting a police officer vs. assaulting a random guy I'd assume. Anyways I'll post the video below, the angles aren't very good, but you can see it most likely wasn't intentional and the ref actually takes a dive.

Haha, that's ridiculous. You could argue that it's intentional by Luisao but there's absolutely no way he connected enough to knock the ref out like he made out.

Did anything ever come of the legal action?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Seltzer posted:

The offender would most likely end up in prison.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Thats only for headbutts, flaps.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Did anything happen to the guy who played for Man City who looked like he killed a dude with a sprinting elbow to the jaw?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yeah Stuart Pearce said he was very very angry, then Ben Thatcher wrote a sorry note then sat in the stands for a few games, then went on to other clubs to earn thousands and thousands of pounds.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

So I take it three games is the minimum, but that would be for something like a slap I'd assume. Does anyone remember an instance where someone teed off on someone and what the subsequent ban was? Luisao (Benfica CB) ran at a ref to protest another player being sent off and because he is a big goof didn't slow down quick enough and knocked into the ref and he got in major poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVG1c-UZ6I

That's not a ref diving, this is a ref diving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TFVuHrwgyY

Never noticed Nigel Winterburn flinching like a big jessie when it looks like Paolo was going to react to him before, that makes it even funnier. He got banned for 9 games for that IIRC.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Belgian footballer Gilles De Bilde once broke the nose and eye-socket of a player during a match. The ref didn't see it and he didn't get a card for it. He did get sued though, and had to pay a €10.000 fine. The incident was in december 1996 and he got suspended until the end of march 1997.
He later got sold to PSV for €3 million euros. So there's that.

And here's the video. He'd probably be suspended a whole lot longer nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95g-vm7d5tk

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

quote:

Previously, De Bilde received a suspended two-year prison sentence in 1992 for head-butting two boy scout leaders and, four months before the Porte incident, he head-butted one nurse and punched another when he was denied access to a hospital room his father was in, having suffered a brain haemorrhage.

De Bilde – who campaigned for a European ban on cat and dog fur – was fined by the club in 2006 for missing a match to mourn the death of one of his dogs

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
You know that Maradonna picture that always gets posted?

It's not quite what it seems.

Still a great picture, though.

edit: This is from the Ukranian league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQmVQsCunHM

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 21, 2013

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Apparently at Stevenage FC if you ask for Cheesy chips this is what you get:

:psyduck:

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Food at stevenage is also really expensive I think for how shite it is

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JingleBells posted:

Apparently at Stevenage FC if you ask for Cheesy chips this is what you get:

:psyduck:

What is "American Style Mustard"?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

He's looking good.

Taken in some random French airport yesterday.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Wait, yellow mustard is "American-style"? What's the standard over there?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

kcer posted:

He's looking good.

Scholes has gained a few pounds

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Captain Trips posted:

Wait, yellow mustard is "American-style"? What's the standard over there?

English Mustard...

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

blue footed boobie posted:

What is "American Style Mustard"?

It means it's really mild.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
And the crowd goes mild.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Smiley Face posted:

English Mustard...

What's the difference?

edit: oh, i guess it's spicier

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
English mustard is a lot hotter than american mustard. You can use american mustard like ketchup. English mustard is more akin to Wasabi in strength. Both have their place IMO.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

kcer posted:

He's looking good.

He looks like a tramp

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Mustard comes from Norwich and goes on a proper sausage or a pork pie. "American-style" mustard is poo poo and is best served with molded tubes of mechanically separated chicken and pork flavored animal leftovers.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Pissflaps posted:

English mustard is a lot hotter than american mustard. You can use american mustard like ketchup. English mustard is more akin to Wasabi in strength. Both have their place IMO.

How does English mustard compare to Stadium Mustard? Cause I love that poo poo.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Suarez really likes going to supermarkets it seems.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I love his wife doing some comparison shopping in the background, it looks so adorably domestic and for a moment you forget that he's a clinically insane racist serial biter

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

El Hefe posted:

Suarez really likes going to supermarkets it seems.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Natural posted:

Haha, that's ridiculous. You could argue that it's intentional by Luisao but there's absolutely no way he connected enough to knock the ref out like he made out.

Did anything ever come of the legal action?

Nah, Luisao was fined about 3k in addition to the 11 game ban and that was it. The ref probably threatened legal action because he acted like getting run into at a jogging pace was akin to a Tyson right hook and was embarrassed afterwards.

Also weird that they call that poo poo American mustard. I would've assumed they would've called it yellow mustard like it is here. All mustards have a time and a place imo (nuggets in honey mustard son). Apropos of nothing, Canadian ketchup is much sweeter than american ketchup and it sucks.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 21, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Smart man shopping at costco i bet he snaps up all the samples, probably comes back for seconds and tells the nice lady hes definitely gonna buy the product but doesn't.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He sure buys a lot of bodywash

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vaginal culture posted:

Smart man shopping at costco i bet he snaps up all the samples, probably comes back for seconds and tells the nice lady hes definitely gonna buy the product but doesn't.

Suarez loves how you can make a healthy vegetable soup with a Vitamix.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

Ive been to the Costco in Liverpool and it's a cracking shop, bargains galore to be had there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

ozmunkeh posted:

Mustard comes from Norwich and goes on a proper sausage or a pork pie. "American-style" mustard is poo poo and is best served with molded tubes of mechanically separated chicken and pork flavored animal leftovers.

I'm sorry you hate freedom and hot dogs.

• Locked thread