Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Content dribbling in still is nice, but what did the Mystic thrall revamp entail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
They made thralls usable. New models/textures. Thrall of Life is a bit worse now because it gets KD'ed and staggered easily and the initial self heal is slower but the aoe is a bit wider. All the other thralls are more usable. Thrall of Protection hits a bit harder than Metamorphic Smite now and does good damage when leveling up. It has alot less hp but it doesn't get knocked down that much now.

Thrall of Vengeance does a bit more than Thrall of Protection and attacks faster. Very fragile but does decent damage. Thrall of Wrath is no longer a lovely teralith that does nothing and despawns after 5 seconds. Now it hits up to 10 times for 120k damage per hit. Ranged attack at ~165k. If everything hits you'll do over a million damage. Usually chunks between 25% and 35% of a level 60 Argon BAM's health by itself.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Warrior stuns + Mystic thrall of wrath = dead anything. No joke, I've seen full VM priests go 100-0% like that.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Do slayers play a lot like berzerkers? I have a zerker alt at around 46ish, but I'm finding that playstyle to be kind of dull. My main is a warrior and it's loving great, so I'm used to the hectic style. I want to give the slayer a chance, but if it's like a berzerker lite, I'll pass.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Lyer posted:

Do slayers play a lot like berzerkers? I have a zerker alt at around 46ish, but I'm finding that playstyle to be kind of dull. My main is a warrior and it's loving great, so I'm used to the hectic style. I want to give the slayer a chance, but if it's like a berzerker lite, I'll pass.

Slayer is a lot more mobile and feels fast paced especially once you get Overhand Strike (level 16 I think?). Before that it feels slower than it is meant to be but still more mobile than the zerker. No melee class is as twitchy as the Warrior though.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Lyer posted:

This is a dungeon run as a slayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yglP8wFYzfk -- animation locks, but no chargeup or anything. Good mobility. Also, double the numbers to be in line with my current gear/the gear that zerker has. Video is oldddd.

The same dungeon as a zerker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-Ux_FMDws (not my character) -- chargeups, not too many animation locks. Terrible mobility with a lot less leeway to get out of bad stuff (like that huge AoE she does that I just dash out of). Also, bigger numbers.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Anyone experienced with champion's skyring? I'm thinking of solo queuing as an archer to obtain bloodrave gear. I get the impression that reaching the 1200 rating requirement to buy armor is not difficult to do. I would only have fraywind gear to start. Would I be getting rolled left and right by players in full conjunct and VM?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yes. On my VM/Conjunct/BR slayer I hit fully geared archers for 30-35k. You have 0 chance to survive against teams with at least 1 VM dps if you're not in very good armor.

I'd estimate 40-50k HTs against Fraywind which is a death sentence.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Did CS get horribly glitchier? People on other teams spawning on our team. Cannot get out of tanks or airships. Crystals starting at 1hp. I thought the most recent patch had nothing to do with non-alliance stuff?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Hit mid 20s pretty quick and been alot of fun but I got few questions. What levels should I purchase gear to enchant (to 6+?) to speed up leveling? Should I be buying orange gear from the AH or is enchanting blues okay too?

edit: How does rested XP work also? The website said 10% is max after lvl 16 but I logged in after a day break and had almost 2 levels worth of rested xp

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 22, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Wassbix posted:

Hit mid 20s pretty quick and been alot of fun but I got few questions. What levels should I purchase gear to enchant (to 6+?) to speed up leveling? Should I be buying orange gear from the AH or is enchanting blues okay too?

edit: How does rested XP work also? The website said 10% is max after lvl 16 but I logged in after a day break and had almost 2 levels worth of rested xp

Never buy any gear to upgrade and/or spend money on fodder (lovely gear used to enchant weapons) because when you're leveling the quest rewards you'll inevitably get are miles better than the stuff you can currently buy/enchant. Basically you want to save all your gold until you hit level 60 so you can buy an level 60 set. The power creep that comes from gear in this game isn't gradual, it just loving jumps at times.

http://nezroy.com/tera-guide/

Is a good guide to what to do as a fresh level 60, although you could probably get away with buying an abyss weapon and an agnitor set these days with the prices what they are.

E: I would say that if you're around level 55-56 and questing to level, it's ok to buy gear because 54-58 is the worst slog in the entire game. The quests and xp aren't that streamlined and the upgrades barely come or are locked behind group quests.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 22, 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I did a LOT of those "kill 20 X and repeat" grinding missions going to 58. Just pick on a monster type your class can deal with easily and watch a movie or something on another screen. It was a lot less painful than I thought it would be.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I don't have TERA installed right now. Can someone pricecheck what the Tawny Huntress mounts are going for on the broker? I have an extra unopened box copy of Tera.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Just hit 30 and did CS, impressed at how much xp and gold it gives with the daily. For the loot boxes you get from it should I be keeping those charms they give? I'm getting bunch of loot but I'm not sure what I should be doing with them (keys, charms, Master Enigmatic scrolls, Extensive Alks). Do I just sell them on the broker?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Keep the master enigmatic scrolls and the alks, you're going to need them for enchanting stuff to +12 later.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I've enjoyed a lovely losing streak of 12 games in a row on sunday in CS. :wtc: man

I'm being teamed up with terrible people where I, a level 40-something priest, often top the scoreboard without actually trying to. Which means the team is truly awful.

Is this just bad luck? Does it mean that somebody out there could possibly have just had 12 wins in a row?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

KinkyJohn posted:

I've enjoyed a lovely losing streak of 12 games in a row on sunday in CS. :wtc: man

I'm being teamed up with terrible people where I, a level 40-something priest, often top the scoreboard without actually trying to. Which means the team is truly awful.

Is this just bad luck? Does it mean that somebody out there could possibly have just had 12 wins in a row?

Did you solo queue? I've realized that solo queuing is really awful cause it can put you in midgame to fill out quitters (which tends to be the team that lost the first round) and make it impossible to win. After that I just queue up with a friend and now I've won 60-70% of my games just by not being a moron that goes out to pvp in the corner of a map.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Lyer posted:

Never buy any gear to upgrade and/or spend money on fodder (lovely gear used to enchant weapons) because when you're leveling the quest rewards you'll inevitably get are miles better than the stuff you can currently buy/enchant. Basically you want to save all your gold until you hit level 60 so you can buy an level 60 set. The power creep that comes from gear in this game isn't gradual, it just loving jumps at times.

The weapon boxes every 10 levels are the best you can get at the time, period. Throw +6 at them and they'll hold you for 5-6 levels.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Odd question but how much gold do you need to gear out at lvl 60? I'm only level 39 and mostly been leveling off CS and the daily. Atm I have around 10k gold (from boxes and selling keys) and I have no idea what to spend it on, my next gear upgrade is at 44 and it costs a whopping 35 gold. I also have around 7-8k bellicarium which lets me buy the lvl 60 pvp gear from the vendor (How good are those?).

I've been just taking the leveling really casually and the daily just drowns me in gold for my level, in fact I haven't left town since level 30. I've read the lvl 60 gearing out guide and found it pretty confusing. So any help on what I should be looking out for would be alot of help.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

If you want to PVE at 60, get a set of Regent (or Abyss if you're cheap) and +9 it. See if you can find a KN20 that takes people with +9 gear and get your Mayhem stuff (alternatively: buy Mayhem stuff for gold, shouldnt be too expensive). Masterwork, reroll and enchant your Mayhem weapon, then gloves to +12, then chest and boots to +12 (get all to +9 first). Expect around 10-40k gold to +12 an item if prices are still the same as when I last played.

For PVP, either get Nocturnium gear from Alliance stuff (check the vendor for what stuff you need) or Conjunct (better than Nocturnium but harder to MW) with Bellicarum and Nexus stuff. Conjunct will require approx. a week of grinding Nexus to Revered, a Fraywind item, a corresponding Nexus item, Nexus crafting materials (easy to get, ~5k credits per, three/two/one/one for the respective items) and Bellicarum crafting mats (a bit more annoying to get, 2.2k credits per, same amount). Don't bother with Fraywind gear, it is literal garbage (and also tradable so don't waste your credits on it).

Get Alliance Vault or Bellicarum vendor rings either way.

But yeah, 10k gold really isn't much at higher levels (or maybe it is not because quills don't sell for poo poo anymore)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

KaneTW posted:

If you want to PVE at 60, get a set of Regent (or Abyss if you're cheap) and +9 it. See if you can find a KN20 that takes people with +9 gear and get your Mayhem stuff (alternatively: buy Mayhem stuff for gold, shouldnt be too expensive). Masterwork, reroll and enchant your Mayhem weapon, then gloves to +12, then chest and boots to +12 (get all to +9 first). Expect around 10-40k gold to +12 an item if prices are still the same as when I last played.

For PVP, either get Nocturnium gear from Alliance stuff (check the vendor for what stuff you need) or Conjunct (better than Nocturnium but harder to MW) with Bellicarum and Nexus stuff. Conjunct will require approx. a week of grinding Nexus to Revered, a Fraywind item, a corresponding Nexus item, Nexus crafting materials (easy to get, ~5k credits per, three/two/one/one for the respective items) and Bellicarum crafting mats (a bit more annoying to get, 2.2k credits per, same amount). Don't bother with Fraywind gear, it is literal garbage (and also tradable so don't waste your credits on it).

Get Alliance Vault or Bellicarum vendor rings either way.

But yeah, 10k gold really isn't much at higher levels (or maybe it is not because quills don't sell for poo poo anymore)

Thanks for this. One more question I had a friend from the Korean version tell me the new patch is going to change gear progression for a newbie. Is there anything special I should look out for or is your guide including the upcoming changes?

Also, is pvp gear useless for pve and vice versa? (meaning I need two sets up at all times).

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Whatever changes would be to your benefit, since you'll probably barely hit 60 when they add the new sets of gear and increase the availability of the existing stuff. The expensive regent sets right now will probably drop a ton in price, so you might be able to buy that right off the bat. The new gear sets will be out of reach initially anyway since everyone will be wanting it. Honestly just have fun as you're leveling and worry about the level 60 junk when you're level 60. I myself am wondering if I should even masterwork any of my gear or buy Regent's stuff.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
I've managed to get in on some KNXX runs lately and scored a pair of gloves. I'm hesitant to actually do anything with it though. I don't know exactly when it will become available, but the content update with new armor is on the horizon. Allegedly the lowest end of the new stuff ("Adonis") will be more powerful than visionmaker.

So the question is, wait and accumulate fodder/alkahest for the new stuff or not?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I read that the new stuff comes out sometime this month. Rumor mill says next week, but soon enough for you not to want to waste money.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
How about a mayhem weapon? I won't be able to obtain any quills to craft visionmaker without a good weapon. I currently only have a +12 dismay (abyss) wep.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Someone at the official forums (I know) that plays ktera mentioned that everything new is doable with +9 abyss. So you can keep your current gear or even buy the regent stuff, but only enchant to +9.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 5, 2013

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!
Everything is doable even in like t12 gear but with better gear and +12 it makes things a bit easier and allows for mistakes. People are absolutely awful at this game so that's pretty much the reason why everyone requires ilvl 160+

Best advice would be to find a guild that is doing the content that you want to do and join them. Try to have at least +9 Abyss and go from there.

Straithate fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 5, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Straithate posted:

Everything is doable even in like t12 gear but with better gear and +12 it makes things a bit easier and allows for mistakes. People are absolutely awful at this game so that's pretty much the reason why everyone requires ilvl 160+

Best advice would be to find a guild that is doing the content that you want to do and join them. Try to have at least +9 Abyss and go from there.

I refuse to believe people are AS bad at hitting AI mobs than they are at Corsair's. Saw the enemy team 10 man rush our outer pyre as 10 of us climbed an empty ladder into a 3 minute crystal kill.

Also, is there a guild I should be joining? All the information seems a dated so I wasn't sure if all the guilds are dead or not. Either way having a tonne of fun just playing with a friend :v:

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
The hard modes can be done in t12 stuff? Maybe with an ideal, latency free connection and smooth frame rate. Manaya's core in particular seems to be prone to horrible latency which leads to rubber banding which leads to wipes.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Not really. I did MCHM with like ridiculous ping and didn't die because everything is ingrained into muscle memory. With a full VM group you can kill queen in like... 3 minutes? While the enrage timer is 15 minutes. It's p ridiculous.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Just how hard is MCHM anyway? I've read that it's something you should never pug and I've read that it's easy to do. Hard to see where the hyperbole starts and ends.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

If it's your first run you're scared shitless and will feel like you can never clear MCHM. After a couple runs it gets better, and after ~30 you can do it in your sleep. At least that's how it worked for me. It's puggable but you need to have strict requirements and know who's notoriously bad etc. It's a fight that relies very much on how well you know how the boss can react and don't animation lock or use a cooldown or gently caress yourself over in some other way.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wassbix posted:

I refuse to believe people are AS bad at hitting AI mobs than they are at Corsair's. Saw the enemy team 10 man rush our outer pyre as 10 of us climbed an empty ladder into a 3 minute crystal kill.

Also, is there a guild I should be joining? All the information seems a dated so I wasn't sure if all the guilds are dead or not. Either way having a tonne of fun just playing with a friend :v:

Who needs a proper guild? I finally got my sorcerer to 60 and joined the generic GM-controlled enlightened union alliance guild. I then took a full set of PVP enchantment fodder gear and did 3v3s until I successfully got another player to scream bloody rage at me for being massively under geared, ranting about me ruining his "score". :allears:

It was glorious pubbie rage, regrettably my client then crashed before I could screenshot the text box. Suffice to say, I'll probably be wearing level 12 whites next time.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

He's right though. If you're undergeared you have no place in 3s. It's a stupid system but yeah, not much you can do except get mad at people.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!

Septimus posted:

The hard modes can be done in t12 stuff? Maybe with an ideal, latency free connection and smooth frame rate. Manaya's core in particular seems to be prone to horrible latency which leads to rubber banding which leads to wipes.

http://www.twitch.tv/enviedimperfection/c/2267742

It can be, but it's awful.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Apparently the new PVE dungeons will be demoed by the EME staff today. I think they demoed the alliance stuff on a friday then released it on the following tuesday...

Yeah, definitely holding off on enchanting that mayhem stuff.

Septimus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 6, 2013

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Welp,

http://tera.enmasse.com/dungeon-assault

Sept. 10th it is!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Does getting 1200 rating on CS let you do anything special? (I know 3s gives you gear) I am 1 win off 1200 on two characters and was wondering if it gives me anything.

Also, I tried Dragoon grinding and it's probably something I'm doing wrong but it feels really slow compared to CS. Winning in CS gives me around 1.2mil xp and doing Dragoons (duo with a friend) gets me 1.5k per minion kill and 12k for the dragoon itself. I'm grabbing 2-3 and just AOEing down the minions but they don't seem to respawn the minions very frequently.

edit: This patch is the one that will include optimization patches right? Cause this game runs so poorly compared to everything else :(

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 6, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I just enchanted my regent weap yesterday to +9 and used 2 MES to get the best stats and I'm glad I held off on trying to MW it the drat thing. I think I might pick up a regent chest piece on the cheap. I'm still rocking the jax trust one and it'll be a while before I get the new tier gear I'm assmuing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Broke 1200 :v: in CS 1 more win on either character and I can break Top 100 on Mt T as a level 38

• Locked thread