Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Namarrgon posted:

I don't even get it. Did the manager not know him? Why would the manager fire random people?

Because he is a Bad Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Namarrgon posted:

I don't even get it. Did the manager not know him? Why would the manager fire random people?

Yeah, I don't really get it, either. I guess the wording is bad because it has to be in meme form but I assume that the manager tried to fire the guy shortly after he was promoted. I'm not really sure if this was actually written by someone who knows how jobs work. Granted, I have worked mostly retail but a firable offense applies to anybody, regardless of position and besides that being placed in a position above some who was above you usually requires some training. No company I've worked for has just decided "Well, that cashier is working out so let's make them a district manager righ now with no notice to anybody else."

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

quote:

I have provided every opportunity for you to come to my class these next three weeks and you have circumvented all of those chances!

This is my favorite part. No professor in the history of anywhere, anytime ever said that.

As for the letter to the lady with the autistic son, I actually believe that one because it is an anonymous note. People say the craziest poo poo in anonymous notes, as they do on the internet. A law firm I worked at during school had a client who would get creepy notes like that about his dog because it was a Rottweiler, and I had a friend who used to get absolutely outrageous notes if she would accidentally use the garbage can for the next door building instead of her own.

And just to contribute to this thread, I went to the TV Tropes website, just for you guys and pulled this from the "Your Experiences With Racism" thread. Mind you I only got through one page, but they are all experiences of white people so far.

quote:

Mild case; when I lived in Cinci, I was literally the only "white"* kid in the school. Most people were okay with it, because my stepfather was black and because I spoke with a flawless accent (I can do this with basically any accent, mind you).

However, there was this one teacher that occasionally made little aside comments and such. At one point, he was screaming at me because I wouldn't write out a sentence a hundred times * and called me a 'cracker'.

Needless to say, the principal was on his rear end like white on rice, and he lost his right to teach in America.

I guess he had to go back to Africa to teach, since he lost his rights in America. Also, I'm so glad to hear that this person can do a flawless black accent. I know I am much more accepting of people of other races if they use a white accent when talking to me.

Lowly has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Aug 21, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

jodai posted:

Yeah, I don't really get it, either. I guess the wording is bad because it has to be in meme form but I assume that the manager tried to fire the guy shortly after he was promoted. I'm not really sure if this was actually written by someone who knows how jobs work. Granted, I have worked mostly retail but a firable offense applies to anybody, regardless of position and besides that being placed in a position above some who was above you usually requires some training. No company I've worked for has just decided "Well, that cashier is working out so let's make them a district manager righ now with no notice to anybody else."

I've worked for one company where they would give someone a promotion, but it wouldn't be "official" until a certain date (usually the start of the next pay period), and they weren't supposed to talk about it until that date. The only reason the scenario in the meme couldn't have happened at my job is that only the floor manager had the authority to fire anyone on the spot. We did have one supervisor who loved writing up specious disciplinary actions on her subordinates, though, and if she could have fired one of my friends/coworkers over a mistake she herself had made, she would have. One of our other supervisors "stepped down" to let someone else take his position, and wound up under the supervisor from hell. A couple weeks later, it was announced that he was the new floor manager. So, unlikely yes, but impossible no.

On a similar note, one of my cousins had just accepted a job at the Fairmont in San Francisco, and went around introducing himself to everyone he would be "working with", telling them about his qualifications, background, etc. He met one manager who told him flat-out "you won't last long here, and I'll see to it. I know you're gunning for my job, and I won't have that." My cousin had been hired as General Manager, and fired that guy on the first day. So definitely not an impossible scenario. (Oh god, "my cousin" makes this sound like stdh, doesn't it? Or is it only uncles?)

Between this and the angry autism note, I think some people are confusing "unlikely scenario" or "I don't believe it" with "No, there is no loving way that happened, because no one has ever actually done that".

Kugyou no Tenshi has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Aug 21, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The angry autism note one is a poor example though because there really is no way that is real. It seriously reeks of "I'm pretending to be a person who's angry about a thing!" Until they find the person that wrote the drat thing I refuse to believe any of it.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

CJacobs posted:

The angry autism note one is a poor example though because there really is no way that is real. It seriously reeks of "I'm pretending to be a person who's angry about a thing!" Until they find the person that wrote the drat thing I refuse to believe any of it.

Sorry, I've seen people actually talk that way, crazy caps, multiple punctuation, and batshit discussion of euthanization and harvesting the mentally handicapped for organs (poo poo, just read the Free Republic thread). I mean, it's great that you've never encountered one of those people, but when I've seen similar poo poo with my own two eyes, I'm not so willing to go to "there really is no way that is real". Incredulity isn't an argument. Hope this helps.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Namarrgon posted:

The joke is meme guy was promoted over the manager without the manager's knowledge. I understand not getting that because it's stupid.

Edit: I was on the wrong page. But still, it was terrible meme

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"This was submitted anonymously to me. This is real." is the sole reason I don't believe it. If they were able to place it on a person then it'd probably be more believable than it is right now. As is, this mysterious person has the whole neighborhood riled up against them and nobody seems to have any idea who it could possibly be. Maybe this thread has turned me into a cynic.

Also, incredulity is pretty much the entire basis of the thread. I'm sure someone out there has seen a person applauded in public but that doesn't mean that stories where people do standing backflips and then deliver Doctor Who lines to applauding folks are instantly true.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Some chicks write STDH, get over it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Me and my boyfriend were really happy together until I cheated on him and all of a sudden we were both gay so that made it okay that I did that. Weird how that works out.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Me and my boyfriend were really happy together until I cheated on him and all of a sudden we were both gay so that made it okay that I did that. Weird how that works out.

I like to think she was just a really bad kisser.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lowly posted:

I guess he had to go back to Africa to teach, since he lost his rights in America. Also, I'm so glad to hear that this person can do a flawless black accent. I know I am much more accepting of people of other races if they use a white accent when talking to me.

A blackcent, if you will.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm not totally writing it off because I absolutely know that there are people out there who hold the beliefs expressed in the letter. It's just the tone of the letter, I think? Something about the way it's written. I posted a tumblrite earlier in the thread who gets "anon hate" sometimes, and it is just so transparently himself submitting hateful things to his own inbox, to rile up his followers and summon massive amounts of back-patting and hugs. There's just a tone, I'm a bad writer so I can't really put into words what exactly it is that strikes me about it, but I get the same vibe from the letter.

I'm not saying that the letter scenario is impossible to have happened, just that this instance of it feels weird. On one hand, I hope they figure out who sent the letter, so I can have my doubts confirmed/put to rest. On the other hand, there have been some pretty violent backlash to the letter writer, and I think they'd probably have to be under some kind of protection for a while. So that person is probably better off staying anonymous. :stare:

Here's some more stdh from that tumblrite I mentioned! He has "globophobia," a phobia of balloons that apparently sends him into a crazy hands panic attack. A song on Spotify has an album cover of a girl holding a balloon, which triggered... this:

Somebody mentioned hating that "I'm so upset, my hands are freakingo ut aNd slap ping thfge kyyborad, this is how authentic this is!" tumblr style of writing, and now I notice it everywhere. It's the dumbest poo poo.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The story attached to this one. Yeah, it's as dumb as you think.

"We want a confident manager, we just don't want him to be able to spell. Also, we want an rear end in a top hat, you're an rear end in a top hat right? AND YOU'RE ILLITERATE? OH gently caress YEAH YOU'RE HIRED MY FRIEND."

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"This was submitted anonymously to me. This is real." is the sole reason I don't believe it. If they were able to place it on a person then it'd probably be more believable than it is right now. As is, this mysterious person has the whole neighborhood riled up against them and nobody seems to have any idea who it could possibly be. Maybe this thread has turned me into a cynic.

Also, incredulity is pretty much the entire basis of the thread. I'm sure someone out there has seen a person applauded in public but that doesn't mean that stories where people do standing backflips and then deliver Doctor Who lines to applauding folks are instantly true.

The one thing that makes me believe Autism Note may be genuine over, say, Pink Headband Boy in Walmart is the fact they apparently called the cops on it right away. If it had just been posted on the internet for tut-tuts and fingerwagging I would immediately have called bullshit, because I really have trouble with the whole NON RETARDED ORGANS!!!!!!!! ranting. I mean there are a lot of crazy crazy rear end people out there but the second part seems really reaching.

Another reason why the first part seemed possible was actually this news story I read a couple of weeks back http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2013/07/handicapped_people_are_too_noi.php

quote:

Handicapped people are too noisy, say neighbours

There has been a series of conflicts between community care organisations and local people over the noise made by mentally handicapped people living next door.

In practice, however, this is leading to serious conflicts with neighbours who are fed up with the screaming, growling and thuds they hear, reports the Volkskrant.

Jean Claessens, who lives in Boxmeer in Noord-Brabant, has handicapped youngsters next door. 'We cannot hear ourselves speak when we are in the garden and they are playing,' he said. 'I understand they need a good place to live, but they need a lot more space to play.'

I mean I'm shaping up well to being a grouchy old lady but it makes me sad that people get so riled over the handicapped, of all things. :smith:

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

I really don't know what to say here, so I'll just quote a couple comments from people who support the family that received the letter:

quote:

OH MY GOD Iam so so angry right now my hands are shaking What kind of Parent are you? it is a disgusting human being Sorry you can not be a human being you must be a hatefull and mentally sick person. Euthanize Him? What is wrong with this woman or person did you check the dictionary before writing this word Do you really know what it means Educate your self !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

quote:

I have never read so much hate. Never mind that child who can't help his autism...THAT WOMAN SHOULD BE EUTHENIZED!!!

Not that implausible if you read the ramblings of screeching idiots often enough. For example:

quote:

Bring down two buildings along with 3000 folk and a suicide bomber killing innocent little children who wholeheartedly frantically profess Islam as their religion and you got a radio station along with other red carpet entitlements ....ONLY IN AMERICA!!! I'm so pissed I'm spitting no gashing nails!!! F Islam...this country is so Finished!!! Compliments of the commie b-holes liberals!

Maybe they just share a neighborhood with Dale Reed.

And that's only one of the more recent ones. That thread is full of quotes that read like the language in the letter.

CJacobs posted:

Huge difference between "and then this totally cliche thing that almost never happens happened" and "this thing that happens all the time on the Internet is so implausible that there's no way this is real".

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Maybe they just share a neighborhood with Dale Reed.

I've been out of the Freep thread for ages, and I notice that the twitter hasn't updated since June 11th. The lung cancer hasn't caught up with him, has it? :ohdear:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

I've been out of the Freep thread for ages, and I notice that the twitter hasn't updated since June 11th. The lung cancer hasn't caught up with him, has it? :ohdear:

Not yet!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

quote:

This troper witnessed a Moment of Awesome in the ninth grade from his friend (first person). My friend , who got picked on sometimes by some douche who thought he was PrettyFlyForAWhiteGuy, but never got in an actual fight with him. One day though in gym, he was complaining to me about the bully. The bully overheard us saying his name, swaggered over to us and said something like "You nerds talkin' about me?" my friend, very calmly got up and said "Yeah, yeah we were. You see I think that even though you act like a tough guy, you're a poser whose never hit anyone in his life. But if you want to prove me wrong then go right ahead, hit me." There was a pause "What?" the bully said. "I'm saying that if you want to prove that you're as tough as you say you are, then hit me, right now, hit me in the face.". You're crazy" the bully said. "What makes you say that?" my friend said. "Becuase you want me to punch me in the face.", the bully said. "What? No no no no, that WOULD be crazy. Who would want to get punched in the face? I said that because I don't think that you're gonna do it, I'm just offering the chance to prove me wrong.", my friend very coolly replied. The bully, not wanting to be made a fool of by a known nerd, made a feeble attempt at a punch to the nose. My friend immediately retaliated with two punches to the jaw, then a knee to the stomach, then tossed him down and pummeled the bully's face about 4-6 times. Then got up, spat on his shirt, then walked away, all before any teachers could break it up.

No no no no, that WOULD be crazy. Unlike this "true story," which is wholly believable.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

crowfeathers posted:

No no no no, that WOULD be crazy. Unlike this "true story," which is wholly believable.

What Really Happened:

quote:

The bully overheard us saying his name, swaggered over to us and said something like "You nerds talkin' about me?" my friend, very calmly got up and said "Yeah, yeah we were. You see I think that even though you act like a tough guy, you're a poser whose never hit anyone in his life. But if you want--" Then the bully punched him so hard in the face he had to go to the nurse's office.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Standing up to a bully usually does get you punched, but maybe you feel better about yourself for standing up and telling them to gently caress off or whatever.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I keep halfway expecting to recognize one of these TroperTales stories as an episode from my life, greatly embellished by some weeny dude. Due to my laser focus on academics throughout high school, I spent more time than average with the "well he's so withdrawn and anime-obsessed that he must be smart!" class of nerd. I was also tall, athletic, and had a girlfriend. I always tried to be nice to everybody, but I'm sure at some point I inadvertently inspired some of the same spittle-flecked nerd rage that led to stories like My Friend Beat the poo poo Out of Some Bully!who had never actually laid a hand on him or even the classic I Beat the poo poo Out of Some Jock!whose only transgression was talking to a girl I liked.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I can't really tell which kind is more sad: the obviously fake stories, or the ones massively embellished to make someone's life seem less depressing.

So here's one that's both at once!

quote:

Fifth grade every moron liked to play "Open Chest" and I wasn't playing around them but instead was waiting in line to go on a field trip I wanted to go on really badly when this idiot comes and hits me in my stomach while shouting "Open Chest!" I land on my knee and just growl (really bad sign) and just charge after the kid. Everyone in my class only seen me get that mad once and one girl locked my arms up and tried to hold me back and was failing and it basically turned into EVERYONE from my class grabbing the girl and the next person as they tried to stop me while I was walking forward while pulling all the students with every step. The kid who punched me looked like he was about to poo poo a brick.

Same year, one of the same morons goes digging into my bookbag to get a broken (no wristband) watch out after I told him three times not to go digging through my stuff. After the third attempt I get up and tell him that I'm not playing around. The idiot thinks he's sly tries to hit me with a with sloppy right hook which I duck under and as it sails over I shoot back up and in the same motion I grab his larynx and dig my fingernails into it causing the kid's eyes to go wide. As I let go I tell him and the whole class that was watching that if I wanted to I could've killed him. Class starting talking about how that was a lie when the substitute teacher that was watching just chimed in and confirmed my BadassBoast badass threat for me causing them to look at me with a tad bit of fear.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Just because I'm wearing a Doctor Who/MLP crossover t-shirt doesn't mean I'm a brony, God!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I looked up what poutine was, and I'm really not surprised he's eating it now that I know.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
For the record poutine is loving awesome, especially as a drunk snack.

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*
It's so oddly specific. "Don't make me kick your rear end" is more realistic than "If I am required to put my specific food down, the name of which is irrelevant but I needed to say for some reason, I will give you this explicitly specific injury."

Plus, if somebody said something like, "I'm gonna break your leg in a specific place", wouldn't that give away what they were going to do?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, you see, he was bluffing. He said he was going to go for the left leg at the knee, but what he ACTUALLY was going to do was take out their right calf.

Oh no, wait, I meant run away like a big manchild coward. Silly me.

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*
http://mylifeistwilight.tumblr.com/

There used to be an actual site but there's just a Tumblr mirror now.

"My daughter run out of clean clothes and had to cook her own dinner because it was very important that I finished reading the twilight saga for the third time, so that I could immediately start reading them again MLIT"

"Today I realized that my Twilight obsession is actually affecting my five year old son. I convinced him that he wanted to see New Moon with me so I could see it for the second time, and on the way home we had an argument over whether he wanted to be a vampire or a werewolf…MLIT"

"Today, at dinner we were talking about a family member who had recently passed. His name was Edward. While everyone was crying and talking about him, I was sitting there smiling thinking about Edward Cullen. MLIT."

DrHerpington has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Aug 23, 2013

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DrHerpington posted:

http://mylifeistwilight.tumblr.com/

There used to be an actual site but there's just a Tumblr mirror now.

"My daughter run out of clean clothes and had to cook her own dinner because it was very important that I finished reading the twilight saga for the third time, so that I could immediately start reading them again MLIT"

"Today I realized that my Twilight obsession is actually affecting my five year old son. I convinced him that he wanted to see New Moon with me so I could see it for the second time, and on the way home we had an argument over whether he wanted to be a vampire or a werewolf…MLIT"

"Today, at dinner we were talking about a family member who had recently passed. His name was Edward. While everyone was crying and talking about him, I was sitting there smiling thinking about Edward Cullen. MLIT."

Judging from some of the obsessive Twilight fans I've known, all of these seem pretty plausible if incredibly depressing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You know it's really great none of these jocks actually know any good comebacks, can't anime-fight for poo poo and their friends are willing to laugh at them after any minor incident, otherwise all these Badass Longcoats and Cloudcukoolanders would be in real trouble.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

quote:

http://notalwayslearning.com/they-fear-learning/31812

(I’m a teacher in a crowded hallway. I see one of the girls being bullied. She’s being harassed by three of the most popular, pretty girls in her grade. The bullied is also a known school fanatic, and constantly carries a backpack full to bursting with books. The girls assume that no teacher can see them.)

Girl #1: *to Girl #2* “Aw, little [bullied girl]‘s trying to get to her next class on time, like a good little girl!”

(Girl #1 trips the bullied girl, whips out her phone, takes a picture, and starts texting.)

Girl #1: “Oh, dear. You fell over!! And look, your books are just everywhere!”

(Girls #2 and #3 are stomping on the books, laughing until they’re practically falling over.)

Girl #3: “Who are you texting it to?”

Girl #1: “Oh, a ton of people, and let’s not forget, [bullied girl]‘s crush!”

Girl #2: “Oh my God! You’re a genius!”

Girl #3: “Totally!”

(By now, the bullied girl is crying and trying to salvage her supplies. I start pushing my way to her, but one of her friends gets there first.)

Bullied Girl’s Friend: “Back off, you so-called popular idiots. Do you even know what texting is? In the base of it? Or even how it works? Do you know that it needs an ATSC? An ATSC is often referred to as a ‘digital input’, which negates the need for an external antenna to capture an analog signal. When the conversion happens, it will be essential that the cell you wish to continue using have the ability to receive and translate digital signals. Furthermore, should you decide to utilize a Video Cassette Recorder, you would most likely find it beneficial to connect a converter box to translate the digital signal to an analog recording outlet.”

(All the girls are giving the bullied girl’s friend a blank stare. The friend just glares at the three girls until they squeak up.)

All Three Girls: “Sorry.”

(They dash off. As they I go, I help the bullied girl pick up her stuff.)

Bullied Girl: *to her friend* “That’s not for a cell phone; that’s for a TV—”

Bullied Girl’s Friend: “I don’t know; you’re the nerd here. I was just reading it off of this!”

(The friend whips out her phone that she was hiding behind crossed arms, and shows us the screen. I take the phone and look at it. It is NotAlwaysRight.com.)

Me: “If you allow me to post this on the new Geeks Rule section, I’ll pretend I didn’t see your phone in school.”

Both Girls: “Sure!”

What a wonderful teacher! She only speaks up when she knows they're in the sisterhood of NAR!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Bonster posted:

What a wonderful teacher! She only speaks up when she knows they're in the sisterhood of NAR!

Bullied Girl: "You are now aware you are watching TV because no way in hell would anyone talk like this; I mean seriously, 'Oh my god! You're a genius!'? Do you expect anyone to believe this?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, you guys. If anyone remembers that "WRITER white-knighting on the BART" story I posted a few weeks ago:

The guy got a massive torrent of backlash for it. But that wasn't enough for him, no. Since he's a WRITER, he had to go on a
MASSIVE
FOUR
PART
RANT
addressing all of the different comments and criticisms he received.

Think there's maybe such a thing as protesting too much? Not when you're a WRITER. :smug:

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

You know it's really great none of these jocks actually know any good comebacks, can't anime-fight for poo poo and their friends are willing to laugh at them after any minor incident, otherwise all these Badass Longcoats and Cloudcukoolanders would be in real trouble.

I've been to many conventions and I have only ever seen one fight, which consisted of a heavily intoxicated man acting like heavily intoxicated people do, wandering around being loud and obnoxious only be confronted by the heroic Badass Longcoat. As soon as the drunk started to get mouthy with him he ran off to get security and tried to get the drunk guy arrested for public intoxication.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

horriblePencilist posted:

A true student of tropery knows that sheer will is all you need to defeat the jocks and preppies. Observe:

quote:

This Troperette has been known to strangers as the sweet, innocent and slightly nerdy thing. A friend of hers (codenamed Orihime because of her similarity to the character from Bleach) was being bullied by the resident, otaku hating bitches. Orihime was pretty passive about it, saying that the teacher already took care of it and that the Ampatuans (that's our group) didn't need to fight at all. Cue this scene:(translated from Tagolog)
Lead Bitch: Hey, say something in Japanese!
giggling*
Troper: *stands up, puts on I'm hella pissed face and turns to bitches* Urusai, motherfuckers!
This Troper is glad to report that they did not bother Orihime or any Ampatuan otaku ever again.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Bonster posted:

quote:

http://notalwayslearning.com/they-fear-learning/31812

(I’m a teacher in a crowded hallway. I see one of the girls being bullied. She’s being harassed by three of the most popular, pretty girls in her grade. The bullied is also a known school fanatic, and constantly carries a backpack full to bursting with books. The girls assume that no teacher can see them.)

Girl #1: *to Girl #2* “Aw, little [bullied girl]‘s trying to get to her next class on time, like a good little girl!”

(Girl #1 trips the bullied girl, whips out her phone, takes a picture, and starts texting.)

Girl #1: “Oh, dear. You fell over!! And look, your books are just everywhere!”

(Girls #2 and #3 are stomping on the books, laughing until they’re practically falling over.)

Girl #3: “Who are you texting it to?”

Girl #1: “Oh, a ton of people, and let’s not forget, [bullied girl]‘s crush!”

Girl #2: “Oh my God! You’re a genius!”

Girl #3: “Totally!”

(By now, the bullied girl is crying and trying to salvage her supplies. I start pushing my way to her, but one of her friends gets there first.)

Literally a national anti-bullying PSA from the ad council.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bonster posted:

I know "bullies just stand there listening to the nerd giving a huge rant instead of just beating her up too" is a time-honored STDH tradition, but this one I don't even understand. Even assuming they did just stand there and listen to it, why would shouting a bunch of TV technical specs in disguise as an explanation of how texting works cause them to apologize and walk off? "My god...we really don't the specifics of how exactly texting works... *stumbles away shell-shocked*"

Denzo
Feb 19, 2013

Oh, those craaaaazy gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Denzo posted:

Oh, those craaaaazy gays.

If their store is so big it includes multiple islands maybe he shouldn't be surprised when people make out sometimes.

But seriously, the leash thing? That's not really a "gay thing" that you see in stereotypes, so what the hell is it doing in there?

• Locked thread