Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Delaio posted:

I got the shipping info for the Calamity Conference shirt about two days ago, so they're still chugging along.

Same, and on the Titmouse Facebook they posted that they just got the extra color shirts in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RandallODim posted:

We actually do. Shadowman 9 shows it was an explosion caused by The Monarch's first attempt to destroy Rusty, but Rusty got blamed for it instead. That line is still gold though.

But we don't see how Rusty got blamed for it.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Sash! posted:

But we don't see how Rusty got blamed for it.

Rusty was Wernher's lab partner. Presumably, whenever the sabotage the monarch wreaked caused their lab experiment to blow up and take his jaw, he blamed his conveniently absent lab partner.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I love that the monarch's response to being told his plan to blow up Rusty failed is to immediately beat the poo poo out of the guy who tells him in a fit of rage.

Dude is a born super villain.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He was born with hate. He's full of hate. Hell he even hates himself. He's all hate.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shindragon posted:

He was born with hate. He's full of hate. Hell he even hates himself. He's all hate.

Still a better person than Rusty.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Haven't been keeping up with the thread...but anyone else in the US not get all their shirts? The last one I got was the Council of 13 shirt. I got it on the 5th of August, and no shirts or emails since then.

There should be 2 more, right? The Henchman one that's like what Gary/24 had, and the bonus "TECHNICOLOR" one?

I still have not received an O.S.I. shirt. Officially they are either tracking it down or reprinting it as of email.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Other than Comic Con panels or the AV Club interview or their commentaries, are there any other interviews/panels/podcasts/etc that we could see or hear Hammer or Publick on? I think I could listen to them be Cool Nerds forever.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

It isn't Doc and Jackson but James Urbaniak has an excellent podcast that's basically just a one man scripted show.

If you haven't listened to it yet you really should - http://feralaudio.com/show/getting-on-with-james-urbaniak/

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

feedmyleg posted:

Other than Comic Con panels or the AV Club interview or their commentaries, are there any other interviews/panels/podcasts/etc that we could see or hear Hammer or Publick on? I think I could listen to them be Cool Nerds forever.

The only good ones have been on Ken Plume's "A Bit of Chat". Jackson has done 3 and Doc has done 2. They are very interesting since Ken is a actual friend to both so you get to see a bit of their actual personalities.

The only other one is there is a OLD interview with Jackson on Bullseye with Jesse Thorn but the interview isn't good and the amount of garbage that is around it isn't worth dealing with to get to it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

feedmyleg posted:

There was a Slate podcast linked earlier in the thread that I thought was pretty good.

epitasis posted:

Pretty sure this dude at Slate is a superfan because I think he's written like three articles on the show this season.

45 minute podcast with Jackson and Doc: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/07/08/venture_bros_creators_doc_hammer_and_jackson_publick_interview_with_exclusive.html

Also a bunch of videos of episode 7 so.

Jerc Jast
May 6, 2004

Yo Noid
Jackson was on the Nerdist Writers Panel Podcast. I've had it sitting on my phone for like a year but havent gotten around to listening to it yet.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/07/nerdist-writers-panel-46-len-wein-ed-brubaker-and-jackson-publick/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love seeing the younger versions of the characters. Punk Monarch makes me chuckle.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So if anyone was wondering what to do with all those hankbucks, Jackson just tweeted this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChairMaster posted:

So if anyone was wondering what to do with all those hankbucks, Jackson just tweeted this.

Well if you can't trust SOMEONE'S FATHER then who CAN you trust?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

ChairMaster posted:

Damnit I don't want to lose my hankbucks!

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

But you get one huge hankbuck! It's size is easily larger than the combined sizes of the smaller hankbucks and dollars used to buy it, so it's a clear home-run in my book.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dracula Factory posted:

But you get one huge hankbuck! It's size is easily larger than the combined sizes of the smaller hankbucks and dollars used to buy it, so it's a clear home-run in my book.

And it'll get Mike to love you.

Mike will never love you. He loves his Hankbuck towel too much. Also you're unloveable.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Despite Harry Truman telling me what towels are good for, I'm going to keep my lone Hankbuck.

Everyone else will send in their Hankbucks, thus removing them from the market and increasing the value of my Hankbuck. Simple economics.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So basically Hank coins? :v:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I always wonder, are the items in these promos some day going to be as rare and sought-after as the original Johnny Quest PF Flyers or decoder rings or whatnot? I sure hope so.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm slightly disappointed that I recycled my Hank Bucks just this afternoon, but I don't really want that towel. Also, the Hank Bucks would be hilariously easy to duplicate.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Poque posted:

I'm slightly disappointed that I recycled my Hank Bucks just this afternoon, but I don't really want that towel. Also, the Hank Bucks would be hilariously easy to duplicate.

I bet they have something set up to where they know how many hank bucks they sent out, so if you sent in 500 hank bucks they know yours are fake.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Or they're expecting people do it!

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

Or they're expecting people do it!

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than making new Hank Bucks.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

It says you're only allowed to use 10 Hank Bucks as a discount (and 10 dollars is the price to get it shipped to Canada alone), so I doubt it's really too big an issue if you duplicate them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Still waiting on my last two shirts, and therefore my last two Hankbucks.

No way am I settling for only an $8 discount on that towel! :argh:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Got my last 2 shirts tonight, too bad they didn't do any ringer T's like last time.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Does anyone else feel like an episode dedicated to the daily lives of minor Supervillians (Truckulese, Brickfrog, Intangible Fancy, etc.) would be awesome?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Cernunnos posted:

Does anyone else feel like an episode dedicated to the daily lives of minor Supervillians (Truckulese, Brickfrog, Intangible Fancy, etc.) would be awesome?

Please give me a Mr. Monday origin story.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Shindragon posted:

So basically Hank coins? :v:

Only more valuable!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Cernunnos posted:

I would watch an entire Plugface spinoff.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

jscolon2.0 posted:

I would watch an entire Plugface spinoff.

Brickfrog!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey posted:

Please give me a Mr. Monday origin story.

He's President of Calendars in the sky now. :smith:

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

I was way too happy to see him in the villain club.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

timmmmaaaah posted:

I was way too happy to see him in the villain club.

But no bear with knife :(

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

ultramiraculous posted:

He's President of Calendars in the sky now. :smith:

I wonder what happened to Tigerrific. He's the only one of that group that we haven't seen again and might still be alive, right?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

bobkatt013 posted:

But no bear with knife :(

Uhh, this guy's not on the list....should we let him in?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jeffrey posted:

Uhh, this guy's not on the list....should we let him in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Aw yeah, got my last 2 shirts in the mail today.

I decided to get all most of my venture bros merchandise in one place, and holy god drat, I've never owned this much stuff from one show.