Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My girlfriend is pretty early and this and she suddenly can't use her ice blast. It shows up on the weapon select menu and is selectable but the icon isn't there on the the HUD and it's not usable. What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
This is from six pages ago but

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: Beaten like Carlos
:drat: & :golfclap:

TUUUURLET FIIIIIIIGHT

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

I'm trying to avoid the thread for fear of spoilers so I apologize if it's been asked, but I'm trying to find the Jedi robes that were in the Initiation Station, but now I can't seem to find them :ohdear:

Are they in one of the stores and I'm just blind, or are they a reward outfit now?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This is Saint's Row. :colbert:

I wanna try out SR2 at some point, but I'm not really sure I can go back to it. SR4 had me in stitches from beginning to end and it's just so much fun to play.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Doomsayer posted:

I'm trying to avoid the thread for fear of spoilers so I apologize if it's been asked, but I'm trying to find the Jedi robes that were in the Initiation Station, but now I can't seem to find them :ohdear:

Are they in one of the stores and I'm just blind, or are they a reward outfit now?

Let's Pretend, either an outfit or a suit as Desert Dweller

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
The British boss is the best boss and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. :colbert: Which reminds me; I'm assuming each voice has a different line on the Asha recruitment mission, When Asha says the clones are modeled after a highly successful sociopath Brit boss says "Oh, you mean Thatcher?" What do the other voices say?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ataru13 posted:

The British boss is the best boss and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. :colbert: Which reminds me; I'm assuming each voice has a different line on the Asha recruitment mission, When Asha says the clones are modeled after a highly successful sociopath Brit boss says "Oh, you mean Thatcher?" What do the other voices say?

Male Voice 1 says "Oh you mean hitler?"

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Jane Valderamma DJing for K12 and reading Romeo & Juliet on Klassic still make me giggle each time I hear her.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, any hidden weapons or clothes besides the one at lets pretend

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Edit: nevermind.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 22, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Ataru13 posted:

Female 2 says "Like Stalin?"

I like Frenchy a lot :allears:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I guess that Telekinetic Catch challenge is completely impossible since Wardens refuse to ever pick up anything to throw at me. Guess I'm gonna be stuck at 99% forever. :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Someone please confirm all romance sequences are identical regardless of gender. TYVM. :allears:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I wonder how difficult it was to code the dubstep gun. It doesn't merely shoot stuff, the whole environment is affected when it goes off. Street lights go on and off, people jerk to the beat, cars hop up and down flashing their headlights...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

poptart_fairy posted:

Someone please confirm all romance sequences are identical regardless of gender. TYVM. :allears:

Yup, at least Kinzie and Asha match up with their trailers.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Is there a trick to fighting muderbots that I'm just not getting, or are they just massive bullet sponges?

Also gently caress the rolly guys, their gimmick would be so much more fun if they didn't turn so drat fast and refuse to target homies :argh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

StashAugustine posted:

Yup, at least Kinzie and Asha match up with their trailers.

Ahahahaha, holy poo poo that's amazing. The final homie would just be perfect if the dialogue is the same.

"I'm not trying to be Aisha..."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Nckdictator posted:

God damnit there's a flying broom somewhere but I can't find it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Icedude posted:

Is there a trick to fighting muderbots that I'm just not getting, or are they just massive bullet sponges?

Also gently caress the rolly guys, their gimmick would be so much more fun if they didn't turn so drat fast and refuse to target homies :argh:

Shoot them in the head. If their head explodes they go out instantly.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Lamquin posted:

Oh for gods sake. I'm on a Intel i5-750 with a AMD Radeon 5850 and the game runs like the unpatched SR3 did: Utter shite. As soon as I drive the game goes into a slideshow, even with most settings on Low.
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Guess it's time to play the waiting game again. :shobon:

Are you running Windows 8? Saints Row 3 played way better on my computer when I went back to Windows 7, and I'm assuming it was driver relayed for my graphics card.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

poptart_fairy posted:

Ahahahaha, holy poo poo that's amazing. The final homie would just be perfect if the dialogue is the same.

"I'm not trying to be Aisha..."

Assuming you're playing a female boss, then yes the male boss gets the exact same dialogue.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Icedude posted:

First guys: Energy sword from one of the missions Asha gives you one shots em
Second guys: Freeze blast makes them way less annoying but they always suck

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Is Image as Designed glitched for anybody else? Any time I try to change my voice or listen to the different taunts the boss is just completely silent.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I seriously can't gold easy, on foot Mayhem. Any tips?

Wasper
Oct 3, 2012

Is anyone else having problems disabling generators on a certain mission? I swear, even if i do manage to get past the highly wonky quick time events, the game just crashes to desktop for no discernible reason..

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Nckdictator posted:

Wait, what's hidden there?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Tore though this thanks to the power of no day job Saints Flow, and there is so much I could gush about, but won't, because I'm willing to bet that half the thread has already gone on about what I've said.

That in mind, I WILL however, admit to losing it at The Touch, and again at "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall!".

I've never said "I loving love this game" as much as I have while playing SR4, even topping Brutal Legend and anything by Ska Studios. I do wonder what the other DLC aside from Dominatrix is going to be, however.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

VisAbsoluta posted:

I seriously can't gold easy, on foot Mayhem. Any tips?

Super Sprint into Pedestrians and Fences. Try not to get hit by cars that are blowing up.

Edit: I just realized I'm Ranked 1st for Total Kills in the PC version. :stare:

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 22, 2013

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Duke Chin posted:

Wait, what's hidden there?

Shoot the door marked "employees only" a few times.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Nckdictator posted:

Shoot the door marked "employees only" a few times.

Roger that, thanks. :patriot:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Finished it. 19 h 24 min, 90% completion. Ending owns. Game owns. Volition owns. :allears:

Now I'll just wait for the official EU release on Friday and buy the collector's edition for PS3. I need to play co-op with my PS3 friends, and for once I actually want the collector's edition crap.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

When I saw the 101 in the infobox I immediately called in Gat. Because fighting wave after wave of Genkis is exactly what Gat lives for. The best part was when "The Boys Are Back In Town" kicked in during the slaughter.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I'm guessing they pulled a Mass Effect and there are different endings depending on whether or not you did loyalty missions. Should I make a separate save before I do the final mission, or will it give me a chance to finish up loose ends before I do the final mission?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

There's only one* ending, you just don't get to see all of it if you didn't do every loyalty mission. There's no point in seeing both.
(*Not including the fake ending.)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh goddammit, I blew up so many enemies at once the game froze.

Guess I'll finish it tomorrow.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

Crappy Jack posted:

I keep meaning to try out other characters, but something about Bailey's performance is just so drat fitting for these games, it's hard to swap out. I can totally understand the people who are bummed about losing Russian Boss, because man, when/if whatever the next Saints Row thing is, if I can't play a Laura Bailey boss, it's gonna be hard.

I feel exactly the same way. I keep trying to play SR3 and SRIV using different voice options, but I never get very far before deciding that I hate this imposter and I need to be the REAL Boss again. One of my favorite lines of hers in this game is when you destroy any of the Zinyak statues and she says "How you like me now, Zinyak?" The sarcasm and derision in her voice gets me every time.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
Man, the dialogue in this game just hits all of the sweet spots that I felt were missing in The Third. The game itself is funny, but having the characters be so well-established and able to cut loose on the insanity around them just makes it ten times better.

"Asha, that light had a family!"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Grem posted:

God damnit there's a flying broom somewhere but I can't find it.

It's on the top of a tower. I forget which one, possibly most northeast. Just fly by each one til you find it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Man, the implications of some of the rescue missions are pretty messed up, especially Shaundi's.

Every single time zombie Gat tries to kill her, and she reacts by stabbing him repeatedly. And yet she still begs for his forgiveness. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

Man, the implications of some of the rescue missions are pretty messed up, especially Shaundi's.

Every single time zombie Gat tries to kill her, and she reacts by stabbing him repeatedly. And yet she still begs for his forgiveness. :stare:

This game has a surprising amount of good character moments and genuine pathos with it's characters in general. It's weird but the only other series where I've actually cared about the characters as much as I do in SR is Mass Effect.

• Locked thread