Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Heresiarch posted:

Oh yeah, and here's a must-watch for 90's pinheads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJi0G_2VYA

oh hey i played that. so thats what the up shifter did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Heresiarch posted:

im more of a bride of pinbot

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

im more of a bride of pinbot

gently caress yeah that's all i play on pinball arcade. nothin more satisfying than hittin the billionaire club

only found one real one in the area so far and it's so worn that you can watch the ball jerk around on its way down the field :(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvHvW5Yci34

this chick owns.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

god dammit i just watched 10 minutes of earthshaker because of you guys

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
I miss arcades in general but kids growing up today will probably never play a real pinball machine and I think that really sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Proteus4994 posted:

I miss arcades in general but kids growing up today will probably never play a real pinball machine and I think that really sucks

jodie foster however sleeps a little more peacefully

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Al! posted:

jodie foster however sleeps a little more peacefully

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Proteus4994 posted:

many of them will never play a board game with physical pieces, either

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Heresiarch posted:

many of them will never play a board game with physical pieces, either

my niece rocks at settler's of catan ... well, not so much rocks as sheeps

she sheeped the hell out of me and my mom last christmas and it was her first time playing. she just loved those darn sheep so much

also come to glorious portland oregon and get your drink on at ground kontrol some time

there's even a wunderland that's probably still a nickel arcade

fake edit: why is every arcade's website so eerily similar (and terrible) http://www.wunderlandgames.com/

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

this guy is supposedly employed by brown :psyduck:

Archimedes Plutonium worked for some ivy league school (Columbia?).

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

fritz posted:

Archimedes Plutonium worked for some ivy league school (Columbia?).

he washed dishes at dartmouth

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my lil sister is the most vindictive catan player imaginable, god help you if you play the robber on one of her tiles

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

are any of the catan expansions aside from seafarers worth playing? i tried cities & knights and it was horrible

e; did anything funny happen with the catan board kicksharter?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

are any of the catan expansions aside from seafarers worth playing? i tried cities & knights and it was horrible

cities and knights is so gd tedious, every turn in the late game you have to do a dozen different things based on your upgrades, haven't heard anything about t&b though, but that's because I'm the nerdiest guy in my friend group

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

someone on board game geek said it looked like cheap plastic poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

syscall girl posted:

my niece rocks at settler's of catan ... well, not so much rocks as sheeps

she sheeped the hell out of me and my mom last christmas and it was her first time playing. she just loved those darn sheep so much

also come to glorious portland oregon and get your drink on at ground kontrol some time

there's even a wunderland that's probably still a nickel arcade

fake edit: why is every arcade's website so eerily similar (and terrible) http://www.wunderlandgames.com/

do either of them have a working rampart machine this is v important

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
$55 gets those ramen noodles into your mouth that little bit faster. god knows you'll be eating ramen for a while after you buy these anyway you poor schmuck of a college student

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Migishu posted:

$55 gets those ramen noodles into your mouth that little bit faster. god knows you'll be eating ramen for a while after you buy these anyway you poor schmuck of a college student

lol oh my god this is the least confident intro

chopstick kickstarter posted:

When someone looks at our design, we want them to double take and say "I never thought something can look like that", good or bad (preferably good)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i got mine. it will do exactly what it needs to do.

at the same time why the unholy gently caress did this take a full goddamn year to come to me? Its not cheap plastic insomuch as its not astoundingly high quality. itll hold up but christ.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Migishu posted:

metal chopsticks are the worst, thanks korea

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i got mine. it will do exactly what it needs to do.

at the same time why the unholy gently caress did this take a full goddamn year to come to me? Its not cheap plastic insomuch as its not astoundingly high quality. itll hold up but christ.

my question is now that all the money has been spent and the kickstarter fulfilled what do those people do in the future? you gonna put that you failed to meet deadlines and had to back down on promises to customers on your resume and hit the ol job market again?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

hubris.height posted:

my question is now that all the money has been spent and the kickstarter fulfilled what do those people do in the future? you gonna put that you failed to meet deadlines and had to back down on promises to customers on your resume and hit the ol job market again?

worked for carly fiorina

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

heavy plastic ones too, slippery and awkward

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

slippery and awkward

mlmp

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

most kickstarters like this were "free time" endeavors which is why it took so loving long to happen, people dont realize how much time they have to put in for more complicated projects

this one was less complicated and more of they totally hosed up the supply chain and wanted to be LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS or some poo poo and surprise the local small business not only hosed up MULTIPLE times but also had trouble producing them fast enough.

really the best kickstarters are the ones run by established companies doing something similar to what they usually do, such as OGRE. the kickstarters being dumped out by small business or individuals who say "hey i had this idea lets run with it!!!" almost always turn out loving terrible.

the exception are things like special bicycle playing card decks because thats literally "submit designs to a special print shop and they pump out the decks."

its also why im hesitent about doing a kickstarter for a card game ive been working on for a while. i think itd do well and get money but then its a kind of huge amount of time to get everything laid out, get the art done (id be hiring an artist or two), get the boxes and decks figured out, etc. it actually sounds a lot less fun than developing the game itself.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

im hesitent about doing a kickstarter for a card game ive been working on for a while

this is probably for the best

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

korean chopsticks are the dumbest loving things ever.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

wait how often are you using chopsticks that you have very specific opinions about them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

its also why im hesitent about doing a kickstarter for a card game ive been working on for a while. i think itd do well and get money but then its a kind of huge amount of time to get everything laid out, get the art done (id be hiring an artist or two), get the boxes and decks figured out, etc. it actually sounds a lot less fun than developing the game itself.

you could probably do that if you had some art buddies on the cheap and then act like a lot of work remained and put up a kickstarter.

this seems like a better ks idea than my buddy who is writing a visual basic program for doing something with images, i don't know. he just figured out how to get the image highlighted when you hover over it and he's talking about making a kickstarter

i dunno wtf

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Deacon of Delicious posted:

wait how often are you using chopsticks that you have very specific opinions about them

typical korean chopsticks are flat and thin, and made of smooth metal so they're a lot more difficult to use.

and i eat with chopsticks a lot cause i'm not a midwestern hick and thus enjoy a wide variety of ethnic cuisines? :shrug:

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

WorkingPeer posted:

and i eat with chopsticks a lot cause i'm not a midwestern hick and thus enjoy a wide variety of ethnic cuisines? :shrug:

ethnic cuisine is compatible with forks as well

the only chopstick quality you should worry about is how cleanly they break apart

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

not really often, but i bought some metal ones because they were cheap and i wanted some i can just toss in a dishwasher

turns out theyre slippery as all loving poo poo so i used them maybe twice and then decided they make better drink stirrers

i should disclaim that the ones i got were round, not real korean flat ones, so theyre completely awful

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

i didn't realize fancy chopsticks was such an untapped market, quick, someone kickstart chopsticks that are also bottle openers

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i use cheap plastic chopsticks my flatmate bought in bulk in chinatown.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

you could probably do that if you had some art buddies on the cheap and then act like a lot of work remained and put up a kickstarter.

this seems like a better ks idea than my buddy who is writing a visual basic program for doing something with images, i don't know. he just figured out how to get the image highlighted when you hover over it and he's talking about making a kickstarter

i dunno wtf

i do know a few arists who do really great work and id probably hit them up, and theyre well known enough that if it had "art by <dorks name>" it would be a selling point with not a few people.

id probably have to have everything in place and then just need the initial funding to get all the printing done. i can pay for prototypes and poo poo on my own. the other issue is that there are zero artists who are ok with "ill pay you based on how much i make from my kickstarter" so id probably have to fork over that cash myself.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like the kind of chopsticks that come with chinese delivery but not the kind that you have to break apart at the top which before is a rectangle of solid wood, but rather the kind that are two individual round sticks i dont know why but i like those better

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sniep posted:

i like the kind of chopsticks that come with chinese delivery but not the kind that you have to break apart at the top which before is a rectangle of solid wood, but rather the kind that are two individual round sticks i dont know why but i like those better

the kind in the sleeves right? those are good enough for a meal but you really dont want to use the cheapass wood for more than one.

no matter the utensil you probably shouldnt use a disposable anything more than once

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i didn't realize fancy chopsticks was such an untapped market, quick, someone kickstart chopsticks that are also bottle openers

chopstick rfid-shielded wallet bottle opener... with bitcoin ??!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i was just trying to find a quote about how a particular chinese dude didn't like forks because "a fork might have touched the mouth of my enemy" but i can't find it. instead i found a kotaku article about how only baka gaijins rub their wooden disposable chopsticks together, "rick deckard style". noice

• Locked thread