Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Xarthor posted:

That has the 2.3L OHC, which is the same engine as my Ford Courier. I love that engine. Dead simple to work on, a million upgrades available, and quite gas efficient. I say do it.

EDIT- Oh and parts a dead cheap. I just replaced both my master and slave cylinder on my clutch. Total price for both: $55.

Even better, its a drop in swap for a 2.3T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Is no one going to talk about the fact that he DREW an equalizer between the two seats?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

TheFonz posted:

Is no one going to talk about the fact that he DREW an equalizer between the two seats?

I'm going to say that looks like one of those sound activated light up tee shirt things... Obviously without the t shirt. They look really lovely during the day and only ever so slightly less lovely at night.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

TheFonz posted:

I just now noticed this....what on earth possess anyone to even do that?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

"great summer car" == "no heat"

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Fifty Three posted:

"great summer car" == "no heat"

Not to mention that you can't see over the dash extension..

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Recently imported 323I from Germany. Super clean. Not sure if it's worth $11k, but it's drat pretty.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4000182194.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Half that is still laughable. Crap motor, base model, literally the least desirable e30 colour. I owned an imported 325iX in MINT shape. The guy bought it for 800 pounds with full history, got it shipped over and fixed a few minor issues. Then I bought it for 4000.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

TheFonz posted:

I'm still stuck on 'Rice, Tx'

:stonklol:

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Xarthor posted:

Recently imported 323I from Germany. Super clean. Not sure if it's worth $11k, but it's drat pretty.

Every single E30 on the planet was "imported from Germany" because that's where they made them all. This guy has a grey market four door stripper bronzitbeige teacher car that only a truly observant enthusiast would appreciate. With that said, even the most appreciateive enthusiast wouldn't pay a penny over 5 or 6 grand for this car because aside from the bumpers, gauge panel and manual windows, they are no different and offer no advantages over every other garage queen early E30 out there. And don't try to tell me that the engine from the 323 was better than the ETA because the ETA engine is a fantastic example of torquey get-up-and-go combined with SUPREME economy that NO ONE on either side of the pond was able to reproduce in the 80s.

I miss talking about BMWs.

madattheinternet fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 21, 2013

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

madattheinternet posted:

Every single E30 on the planet was "imported from Germany" because that's where they made them all. This guy has a grey market four door stripper bronzitbeige teacher car that only a truly observant enthusiast would appreciate. With that said, even the most appreciateive enthusiast wouldn't pay a penny over 5 or 6 grand for this car because aside from the bumpers, gauge panel and manual windows, they are no different and offer no advantages over every other garage queen early E30 out there. And don't try to tell me that the engine from the 323 was better than the ETA because the ETA engine is a fantastic example of torquey get-up-and-go combined with SUPREME economy that NO ONE on either side of the pond was able to reproduce in the 80s.

I miss talking about BMWs.

now if this was a 320is...now that would be something worth importing. Although at that point why not just buy an e30 m3.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Those 323i heads (771 casting?)are supposed to be pretty good for making eta stroker motors, not sure if they're better flowing than just a m20b25 head though.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

shoopeach posted:

now if this was a 320is...now that would be something worth importing. Although at that point why not just buy an e30 m3.

My buddy works at a German Performance Shoppé and apparently some guy bought an e30 M3 for 38k

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

My buddy works at a German Performance Shoppé and apparently some guy bought an e30 M3 for 38k

I haven't been following the market much, however usually you get a beat to poo poo one for under 10k. Something ok for 10-15k. Something nice for 15-20k. And then anything above 20k starts going into low mileage, restored, etc quality. 38k is pretty drat expensive for an e30 m3 though.

phade
Oct 8, 2006
Here's a first for me in the months I've spent searching kijiji for a nice diesel w123: photos courtesy of google street view.

Click for big:

phade fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 21, 2013

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

phade posted:

Here's a first for me in the months I've spent searching kijiji for a nice diesel w123: photos courtesy of google street view.

Click for big:

Meh, still better than "picture of is not of actual car but looks EXACTLY LIKE IT!" (it really doesnt)

phade
Oct 8, 2006

Polymerized Cum posted:

Meh, still better than "picture of is not of actual car but looks EXACTLY LIKE IT!" (it really doesnt)

I suppose, but this is "picture taken at some arbitrary point in the past when Google decided to drive by"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That lovely dealership in Houston is still trying to sell the Fairmont Durango they got a couple of years ago. They've been reposting the ad every two weeks and I don't think the price has changed yet. I'd be interested, but probably not for over $3k.

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/3986037564.html

And if you're interested in an old Fairmont for your 302, this is probably a cheaper idea (although it's still way too much).

austin.craigslist.org/cto/3920496037.html

edit

Whoa, this might be the scariest ambulance I've ever seen. Looks like it's going to eat you.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3937357060.html

And, it's Texas, so he's willing to trade for guns.

edit edit

One more. Too bad about the price, I'd buy it just for the interior.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3977800266.html

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 22, 2013

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
That's not even the first bronzit e30 I've seen for sale for over 10k this week. I wish I was kidding.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Drunken Lullabies posted:

That's not even the first bronzit e30 I've seen for sale for over 10k this week. I wish I was kidding.

I remember when e30's weren't popular and you could get them for dirt cheap. I blame hipsters/stancenation/drat kids for all of this

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I can't wait to sell my E30s for $10,000/ea :smug:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've built my retirement savings around E30s. I can't wait to start cashing them in!

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/4002284879.html

Immaculate 5k original miles FD RX7. Sorry I can't post pictures, imgur is blocked at work.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I don't buy it. 5 owners and only 5k miles? and it's modded? I'm thinking its 5k on a new/rebuilt motor

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

One more. Too bad about the price, I'd buy it just for the interior.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3977800266.html

Too bad about the price? You think $11k is too much for, possibly, the coolest car on the road in the entire planet?

Seriously though, how loving fun does that thing look? Does it even have shoulder belts? Going around (I am guessing Sam Houston Speedway) must be terrifying. How much fun would it be to pass someone in that beast?

Edit: I want to point out I am not being sarcastic. I actually really like it.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 23, 2013

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My god....look at all the brown.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

I didn't think people ordinarily sold stuff like this on Craigslist.

Edit:

Is this a grey-market M 635csi, or did someone stick M badges on a 635csi to try to make people think it was an M6?

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 23, 2013

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tai-Pan posted:

Too bad about the price? You think $11k is too much for, possibly, the coolest car on the road in the entire planet?

Seriously though, how loving fun does that thing look? Does it even have shoulder belts? Going around (I am guessing Sam Houston Speedway) must be terrifying. How much fun would it be to pass someone in that beast?

Edit: I want to point out I am not being sarcastic. I actually really like it.
I think it is awesome as well. A massive luxury coupe turned into a semi-racer. It must go through tyres and fuel like mad though.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

Edit:

Is this a grey-market M 635csi, or did someone stick M badges on a 635csi to try to make people think it was an M6?

Definitely not an M635. That isn't a M88 engine and it's an automatic. Still a nice looking car with an interior in pretty immaculate shape.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Gentlemen, feast your eyes on this beauty:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3947023855.html

:siren: A STEAL AT ONLY $10,000!!!! :siren:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

atomicthumbs posted:

Edit:

The MSRP on that thing was only $110k new, so he's asking rather a lot of money for it considering it has less horsepower than a Mustang GT. By comparison a 2008 Mercedes SL(probably a better car objectively) had a similar MSRP when new and you can get those for about $30k all day.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

What? Search "Ferrari" or "Rolls Royce" or "Patek Phillipe" people sell everything like this on craigslist.
It makes perfect sense, there are no fees or commissions and you can take your time.

People on this thread, on several occasions, expressed surprise about this and I never understood why.

Throatwarbler posted:

The MSRP on that thing was only $110k new, so he's asking rather a lot of money for it considering it has less horsepower than a Mustang GT. By comparison a 2008 Mercedes SL(probably a better car objectively) had a similar MSRP when new and you can get those for about $30k all day.

Since when has "objectively better" every been a variable in car pricing? He wants way too much, but a Mustang GT has more horse power than a Ferrari GTO, is that really relevant?

The better question is why anyone bought a car with (now broken, of course) Chrysler switch gear and accessories for $110k.

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 23, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
No one buys a Maserati for any other reason other than the name.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Tai-Pan posted:

The better question is why anyone bought a car with (now broken, of course) Chrysler switch gear and accessories for $110k.

There's no way that thing ever sold at anything near $110K, ever. Right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tai-Pan posted:

The Chrysler switchgear came along in 2012, I think. That's a 2008.

Octopus Magic posted:

No one buys a Maserati for any other reason other than the nameglorious soundtrack.

Fixed that for you, but it's still not correct. They look amazing and are sporty in a comfortable way compared to the ruthless nature of Ferrari, they're big, fast grand tourers.

Kinda exactly like Aston Martin, with the same reliability and maintenance cost issues, but made in stylish Italy rather than stodgy Britain.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

shoopeach posted:

I haven't been following the market much, however usually you get a beat to poo poo one for under 10k. Something ok for 10-15k. Something nice for 15-20k. And then anything above 20k starts going into low mileage, restored, etc quality. 38k is pretty drat expensive for an e30 m3 though.

Not anymore. Good luck finding any e30 m3 for under $15k. Any good condition one is gonna go for $25k easy. Here is a good example. That shop deals with a lot of really nice BMW's(the owner has 8 CSL's and 2 m1's) and all of the e30 M3's are in that price range. I would not be surprised to see low mileage examples going for $38k.

I stumbled across 5 liter turbo v8 swapped e30. Too bad the put a c3 transmission in it instead of a 5spd, but still must be insane to drive.

Gonna just link to the screen shot because its huge

http://i.imgur.com/e5FMNRJ.jpg

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Did he swap late model bumpers on that thing or are those aftermarket? I thought it was a PITA to put the late model bumpers on 86s. Definitely giving me ideas for stuff to do to my 86 325es down the line though. :getin:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

The Chrysler switchgear came along in 2012, I think. That's a 2008.

Kinda exactly like Aston Martin, with the same reliability and maintenance cost issues, but made in stylish Italy rather than stodgy Britain.

Whoops your right.

And, to be fair, when that car launched your choices for a good looking 4 door sports car were limited to, uh, that car. The Panamera makes people want to wretch and the m5/s65 aren't exactly stylish.

The Tesla, Rapide and XFR-S didn't exist then.

And, at $25k today, they offer a pretty solid value. In as much as any Italian can be, at least.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

rscott posted:

Did he swap late model bumpers on that thing or are those aftermarket? I thought it was a PITA to put the late model bumpers on 86s. Definitely giving me ideas for stuff to do to my 86 325es down the line though. :getin:

I think they are aftermarket, cause the do not look the same as the bumpers on my '91 318, but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

rscott posted:

Definitely not an M635. That isn't a M88 engine and it's an automatic. Still a nice looking car with an interior in pretty immaculate shape.

Ah, I didn't see the pictures of the interior and engine bay on the dealer's site.

Tai-Pan posted:

People on this thread, on several occasions, expressed surprise about this and I never understood why.

It just seems odd for the person with the Maserati to do the same "go parks the car by a vineyard or something and take a couple photos, write a bit, and throw it up there" thing as the person selling a Miata.