Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Werthog 95 posted:

chopstick rfid-shielded wallet bottle opener... with bitcoin ??!?

one stick has a bottle opener, the other has a money clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Dr. Honked posted:

one stick has a bottle opener, the other has a money clip

they can also be used as an iPad stand

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
they attach to your bikes handlebars

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
here's a picture of the lumpy prototype that was made with a makerbot

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

they also connect to a iPhone app via bluetooth that uploads your chopstick usage/bottle opening/ipad holding/whatever stats to a website that connects to Facebook so you can compare stats with your friends and get badges and xp

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

has a built in solar charger and 2000mw capacity, allowing for up to 8 hours of eating

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
woah guys someone hacked my chopstick bitcoin wallet

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

serewit posted:

they can also be used as an iPad stand

built in ithing stylus

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i'll make the wiki

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
these are great ideas. i can't pay you now, but you'll get a stake in BitSticks LLC in return for your months of free work

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pledge $99 or more

1 backer
  Limited (999 left of 1000)

Early Bird!! Be the first to get the Choop, a pure copper RFID-shielded Bitcoin-powered chopstick, bottle opener, and money clip. Free Shipping within the US

Estimated delivery: Aug 2013

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i do know a few arists who do really great work and id probably hit them up, and theyre well known enough that if it had "art by <dorks name>" it would be a selling point with not a few people.

id probably have to have everything in place and then just need the initial funding to get all the printing done. i can pay for prototypes and poo poo on my own. the other issue is that there are zero artists who are ok with "ill pay you based on how much i make from my kickstarter" so id probably have to fork over that cash myself.

truth unless you have report / include them in creating the ks anyway if you decide to pursue it gl

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

the kind in the sleeves right? those are good enough for a meal but you really dont want to use the cheapass wood for more than one.

no matter the utensil you probably shouldnt use a disposable anything more than once

oh no, you throw them out with the styrofoam container that the food comes with. new pair every time, just like the packet of hot mustard, duck sauce, soy sauce, wonton strip things and fortune cookie.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i'm convinced that the trick to having a kickstarter that is successful and not a total crock of poo poo is to already have everything planned out and vetted

know where and who your suppliers are already and how to do basic orders with them, have working demos of your product (even if just internally)

kickstarters that are "money first solve all problems later" are going to fail or be really uncomfortable for everyone involved

all the people i see succeeding (that is to say, getting money and actually getting back to their backers with a finished product) are clearly smart people who basically need the money last

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

no the trick is to make it a bottle opener and say "iphone" as often as possible in the pitch

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

its an iphone opener for ur bottles

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
send us an iPhone and we will punch a circular hole in the middle so you can use it as a bottle opener

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Mido posted:

i'm convinced that the trick to having a kickstarter that is successful and not a total crock of poo poo is to already have everything planned out and vetted

know where and who your suppliers are already and how to do basic orders with them, have working demos of your product (even if just internally)

kickstarters that are "money first solve all problems later" are going to fail or be really uncomfortable for everyone involved

all the people i see succeeding (that is to say, getting money and actually getting back to their backers with a finished product) are clearly smart people who basically need the money last

wrong

gcw-zero had a supplier for parts and two fully functional prototypes all they needed was enough money to get a full order and we're now half a year past the promised ship date

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi posted:

wrong

gcw-zero had a supplier for parts and two fully functional prototypes all they needed was enough money to get a full order and we're now half a year past the promised ship date

yeh but that looked like stupid garbage only the biggest of idiots would buy

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

you seriously looked at screenshots like this and say "take my money"

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi im not mad im just disappointed

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

do either of them have a working rampart machine this is v important

http://groundkontrol.com/arcade/

apparently they do

never been to the pdx wunderlands and as mentioned their website stinks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the safest kickstarters are the ones where they're really just fundraisers for a particular thing

like the pinball arcade projects were specifically to raise the funds to buy the licenses for those particular tables. as soon as the T2 kickstarter finished, they signed the deal and posted screens of a finished table

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

syscall girl posted:

apparently they do

lol multicade cabinets. why not just play it on your ouya if you're gonna sink that low

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

syscall girl posted:

apparently they do

i went to i think it was avalon a lot as a kid and it was awesome as hell because all the games were so cheap and also they had a good deal of machines set to free play. if its still basically the same machines as then id be happy to go back. i went to ground kontrol a lot as a teenager put apparently its not at all the same place as it was back then

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there's a few places around here that charge an entry fee or an hourly fee and put the machines on free play but their pinballs aren't maintained at all. i'll gladly put ten bucks in a single game if the pinballs actually travel in a straight line

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Werthog 95 posted:

lol multicade cabinets. why not just play it on your ouya if you're gonna sink that low

aww, i missed that

haven't been in years tbqh

they had all authentic cabs last i was there

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
all i see when i look at the type 2 chopsticks is gross little chunks of ramen dried hard like superglue in those holes because some manchild nerd didn't prioritize his washing up over funding lovely kickstarters

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
only an idiot uses chopsticks in a world where forks exist.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"bluhhh bluhh bluuhh but my ~AuThEnTiC~ experience" :qq::qq::qq::qq::qq: - some whiney rear end nerd using chipsticks.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

only an idiot uses chopsticks in a world where forks exist.

shaggar was right

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

when i eat asian food usually its in a place that doesn't even have forks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ugh c'mon dad just use the chopsticks on your california roll you're embarassiiiiiiiinnnnnng meeeeeeeee

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

do white people who use chopsticks think they're impressing anybody

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

i just use chopsticks like a real 'merican by just shoving them into the meat

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

but enough about my sex life

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

salads are better with chopsticks, poking at a lettuce leaf vacuum-sealed to the bottom of a bowl with a fork is dumb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

qirex posted:

salads are better with chopsticks, poking at a lettuce leaf vacuum-sealed to the bottom of a bowl with a fork is dumb

maybe don't eat the gross oily bottom of bowl leaves

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

potential waifus will recognize a good mate who cares for their ancestral culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

some people see fine motor skills as an indication of self control, like calligraphy, being able to piss on a plate without making a splash or having your first beer of the evening without spilling half of it because your hands are shaking so badly

but i could take or leave chopsticks, sometimes it's just fun to use them, sometimes i forget to grab some when i get take-out and then eat like a subhuman round-eye in my goon cave

• Locked thread