Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

jooky posted:

that's why you cut up the steak all at once, then switch hands, idiot

nothing like a cold steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
why are you mongtards arguing about how to use a knife & fork

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

people itt literally defending switching hands and cutting their entire meal at once lmao

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Dr. Honked posted:

these baka gaijins are just denying the superior and perfect asian eating utensil sorry

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i want to see shaggar take an hour to eat a steak

swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite
swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite

alternatively cut your entire steak up at once like a literal infant

I will usually slice a bit off the steak that I then cut into bite sized chunks. I then eat them along w/ w/e sides are w/ my steak.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dr. Honked posted:

uh excuse me sir i'm a sperglord not a mongtard thanks

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
the only way to eat a steak is to chop it up in mid air with your fine hanzo steel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

butt chug this bottle of A1 and you'll taste a little bit with each bite, no dipping required

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or if I just want to pound the steak I will leave the knife in my right hand and use the fork in left to both hold the steak in place whilst cutting and to lift it into my mouth.

the act of switching hands both slows the experience and makes you look like you aren't there to shovel the food into your face as fast as possible. Letting you enjoy you're company.

Of course, if you are in England where the food is mush you would likely just fist grab a fork and knife and use them as shovels.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

the only way to eat a steak is to chop it up in mid air with your fine hanzo steel

if that is not a world renowned wagyu steak i will not even touch the haft of my ancient weapon

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Shaggar posted:

or if I just want to pound the steak I will leave the knife in my right hand and use the fork in left to both hold the steak in place whilst cutting and to lift it into my mouth.

uh, the portions you're gonna be lifting into your face hole are gonna be the same

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

dur posted:

i was gonna let this slide, but we left-handers need to speak up against dexteronormative bigotry like this. guys please choose your words a little more carefully in the future because this kind of stuff is really hurtful. thank and god bless.

left handed deviants can simply switch the two. this is good because it allows you to easily identify them when they would otherwise try to hide their genetic abnormalities.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

uh, the portions you're gonna be lifting into your face hole are gonna be the same

its the speed that's different. in addition it is polite to put your knife down when conversing w/ those at the table.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Shaggar posted:

in addition it is polite to put your knife down when conversing w/ those at the table.

look at this scrub, letting himself be unarmed while around those who would betray him

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

also that was a quote from you earlier, so you just countered your own counterargument i guess?

outshaggar'd

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also that was a quote from you earlier, so you just countered your own counterargument i guess?

outshaggar'd

like any good conservative shaggar doesn't really believe in anything

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes. I was correcting you that my post was about speed not quantity. putting your knife down and switching slows the dining experience.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
titanium spork in one hand, star trek pizza cutter in the other. both available from thinkgeek - stuff for smart masses

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al! posted:

butt chug this bottle of A1 and you'll taste a little bit with each bite, no dipping required

read more in eat pray shitpost my new novel documenting dating advice as well as how i ingest meals and booze

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

titanium spork in one hand, star trek pizza cutter in the other. both available from thinkgeek - stuff for smart masses

my parents got me a star trek pizza cutter for christmas. It owns.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
just take bites directly out of the cow carcass after breaking it's neck bare handed

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

if you didnt see before the spork sucks

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i had that spork i thought it would be good for camping (it's not)

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
knife and fork or hands

theres no other way

e: or skewered on sticks

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
yospos: you're loving wrong regardless of what the topic is

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
like, seriously, the only wrong way to eat food is any way that doesn't manage to get the food into your mouth and you starve to death

otherwise just eat your food and shut up

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Proteus4994 posted:

yospos: you're loving wrong regardless of what the topic is

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
can we get back to talking about lovely kickstarters, like this tshirt for people obsessed with miley loving cyrus, or the plethora of people begging for an ooboontoo phone?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Migishu posted:

can we get back to talking about lovely kickstarters, like this tshirt for people obsessed with miley loving cyrus, or the plethora of people begging for an ooboontoo phone?

Help a technology enthusiast get the Ubuntu Edge for reviews and tests and you'd be able to get a personal hands on experience with the device.

he got $0

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Migishu posted:

the dude made a kickstarter to give him money so he could send the money to another kickstarter?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

just take bites directly out of the cow carcass after breaking it's neck bare handed

please don't post my Friday night plans

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
also the 00b00nt00 ph0ne got $12m+ funding, just ~$20m shy of their $32m goal

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

coreycoryecorey posted:

the dude made a kickstarter to give him money so he could send the money to another kickstarter?

dudes plural apparently. christ

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

creatine posted:

please don't post my Friday night plans

date night, eh

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Migishu posted:

also the 00b00nt00 ph0ne got $12m+ funding, just ~$20m shy of their $32m goal

shadowhawk gonna get that raise any day now

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

its the speed that's different. in addition it is polite to put your knife down when conversing w/ those at the table.

it's not a good dinner conversation if you don't have a knife in your hand to add emphasis you your points

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

and people say android isn't for poors

Dec 26, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

and people say android isn't for poors

lol if anyone says this

$3 more pledged than this idea deserves

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drafting class is to teach you to think spatially because lots of people don't actually do this for some reason

that's what legos are for :spergin:

CADD class and any spatial reasoning tests/games after that were literally child's play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i want to see shaggar take an hour to eat a steak

alternatively cut your entire steak up at once like a literal infant

this just makes me think of several movie scenes that feature a lunatic villain eating meticulously

so good job i guess

• Locked thread