Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No it's Batiatus

"Some cunts want to watch the world's rear end rammed with cock"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

No it's Batiatus

"Some cunts want to watch the world's rear end rammed with cock"

Batiatus is truly one of the finest characters television has ever produced.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

"You're a poo poo-eating oval office, Dominus Wayne, by Jupiter's cock."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

McSpanky posted:

If Spartacus became Batman then who would be his Robin, Crixus or Gannicus?

Lugo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

His Robin would obviously by Varro guys, come on.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Navia can be Talia! Show that feral underbite

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xoidanor posted:

Batiatus is truly one of the finest characters television has ever produced.

He's in the pantheon of profanity gods such as Malcolm Tucker and Al Swearengen.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

etalian posted:

He's in the pantheon of profanity gods such as Malcolm Tucker and Al Swearengen.

BATATUS - JUPITA COCKSUCKA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another feature from the Blue Ray with the crying about the show being over and really bad joke from Manu Bennet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXA6UCBGLo

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:
Finally finished the series today, I'm sad because there is not anything quite comparable on TV and I figure it will be years before something like Spartacus comes along again. Game of Thrones has its brewing slave rebellion, and Blackwater Bay was compelling on the level of Spartacus so that potential is there, but I've experienced very few TV shows that were so consistently inspiring as Spartacus.

I'd love to see the spinoff series with Caesar, though I won't hold my breath. It would be cool if someone took a similar approach to telling the story of Darius. Or even more modern rebellions/slave uprisings/revolutions. Like the French Revolution, or the activities of Harriet Tubman during the civil war... or the Haitian revolution, or many potential stories from the Native American resistance to European settlers. Andrew Jackson was a crazy gently caress, he'd make a great villain.

More series with the sex and violence turned up to 11 and an underlying message of resistance to imperialism and oppression. And really clever dialogue. It's a winning combination.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well DeKnight was pitching a sci-fi show so we could still get our fix of epic story telling and violence. Anyone know what happened with that?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Still hasn't been picked up by Starz.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

That seems insane to me. Spartacus was Starz biggest hit so youd think theyd be quick to jump on DeKnight's next idea. Might be for the best though, he should just take his talent to a different network with a bigger budget.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
HBO and SHowtime don't have the stones for Space Spartacus. Only Starz has the budget and brains to let them go for it balls out.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

How the hell does Starz have that money though?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

PittTheElder posted:

How the hell does Starz have that money though?

They save on costumes. :v:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah I was also under the impression that Starz wasn't a big spender on its shows like HBO or Showtime. It always seemed like they were trying to save money on Spartacus after the first season by limiting the cgi.

Another thing I don't get is Dustin Claire's projects since Spartacus. Manu Benett goes on to do tv as a badass on Arrow, Courtney Jai was basically handed the reigns of the Die Hard and was in a Tom Cruise movie... Dustin Claire is doing romantic/drama movies. He SHOULD be doing action roles that showcase how much of a badass he is. If they did a spin-off show of Gannicus, risen from the dead, who here wouldn't watch it?

Liam I could leave or take. The greatest shame is not seeing Andy becoming a big star here in the states.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Leave or take? Liam absolutely killed the final season.

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:
I would love a Space Spartacus and have longed for such a space opera historical allegory since Battlestar Galactica pulled it off. I'd like a show somewhere in between Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, and maybe Firefly (or maybe even Andromeda?) that has stand-in characters for historical revolutionary figures, traveling around from planet to planet to foment revolution.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This man spent two seasons as a badass warrior who fought against injustice. He used fear and terror against those who terrorized him. Oh and he can also speak in a super gravelly voice but can still look cool in a suit.

He was beaten by Ben Affleck to play Batman.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

FrensaGeran posted:

This man spent two seasons as a badass warrior who fought against injustice. He used fear and terror against those who terrorized him. Oh and he can also speak in a super gravelly voice but can still look cool in a suit.

Liam definitely would have been a better choice. That being said, Affleck should be given a chance. A chance people clearly don't want to give, since they repeatedly bring up Peal Harbour/Daredevil/Gigli instead of stuff like The Town and Argo.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

FrensaGeran posted:

Oh gently caress now I'm imagining a Batman played by Liam McIntyre and it's got me stoked for something that isn't happening.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The #BringerofWayne stolen by a lovely actor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah hes wearing the gently caress out of that suit. drat handsome bastard

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

FrensaGeran posted:

I'm in the pro-Affleck as Batman camp, but I honestly would have loved to have seen Liam as The Dark Knight. Maybe he can audition to be the new Green Lantern?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How can you be pro Affleck, has Daredevil been stricken from public record?

I like Affleck in certain stuff, he is not now or ever will be a good Bruce Wayne/Batman. Clusterfuck written all over it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

How can you be pro Affleck, has Daredevil been stricken from public record?

I like Affleck in certain stuff, he is not now or ever will be a good Bruce Wayne/Batman. Clusterfuck written all over it.

Daredevil happened a decade ago (and that movie wasn't even Affleck's fault as to why it was bad). Look at his more recent body of work if you want to more accurately judge him based on his cinematic merit as an actor/director.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

teagone posted:

Daredevil happened a decade ago (and that movie wasn't even Affleck's fault as to why it was bad). Look at his more recent body of work if you want to more accurately judge him based on his cinematic merit as an actor/director.

Yeah Fox made Daredevil and Fantastic Four and they really screwed them up. The guy who played douche bag johnny storm ends up being captain america, and that turned out well.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Yea Ben Affleck is a good actor and you could do far worse as Batman even though he doesn't really seem to "fit" as Batman in my mind and Spartacus would have been much cooler as Batman. I thought Heath Ledger didn't fit at all as the Joker either though so I am expecting Affleck to do well.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

teagone posted:

Ben Affleck is a good director, I guess (though I hate Argo's American Exceptionalism themes), but he hasn't been a good actor in a long time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Azure_Horizon posted:

Ben Affleck is a good director, I guess (though I hate Argo's American Exceptionalism themes), but he hasn't been a good actor in a long time.

Rather it be American/Canadian Exceptionalism themes?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

I thought Affleck was pretty good in The Town and Argo :shrug:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He directed himself... hes a great actor when hes in charge.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rocksicles posted:

He directed himself... hes a great actor when hes in charge.

He was also pretty great in Hollywoodland, in which he played Superman.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
given the right director and script a great actor. but lets face it, they have been few and far between.

I hope he pulls out, and they bring in Liam.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Will go ahead and close this because it's turned into Batman chat and not Spartacus chat.

For the next Spartacus-esque Starz series, head to the Black Sails thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567104

Edit: Reopened for now, but please focus on talking about the series. I also may end up just creating a new complete series thread in the next week or so.

Teek fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 27, 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know man. This place doesn't really get as much traffic. The new thread from the get-go. I'd say, as long as it stays on topic, leave this thread going. If it fades into archives, so be it.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Well season 3 box comes out in a week (at least here in the US, I guess some places already had it?), so that's something! Now I can force all my friends to watch another awesome season!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm sure the thread will pick back up once the Andy documentary is released. See ya then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I now own all of Spartacus on BR. Shed a single tear:

Will forever be preaching it's gospel.

• Locked thread