Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
I vote red capes since we already have plenty of hat options for customization. Might as well for full-on superhero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Berets are for suckers. Red or blue capes for life.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Holy poo poo guys, keep a hold on your Pyroxene trade-ins, because there's an overhaul coming to element grinding.
Soon weapons of matching rarity and type can be used to element grind, you will no longer need exact copies of your ridiculously rare item.

Gonna totally 50 element my Holy Ray now with all those Divulcans I stocked spamming XQs.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
Blue capes forever yo.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

MR. J posted:

Holy poo poo guys, keep a hold on your Pyroxene trade-ins, because there's an overhaul coming to element grinding.
Soon weapons of matching rarity and type can be used to element grind, you will no longer need exact copies of your ridiculously rare item.

Gonna totally 50 element my Holy Ray now with all those Divulcans I stocked spamming XQs.

Holy poo poo this is awesome. I can finally max out my Fossil Bower and Akst Plosion.

EDIT: gently caress, Rosso Valgar is still going to be a pain.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 23, 2013

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Purple Cape

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I guess news travels fast since people are hiking the gently caress out of 10* weapon prices, which I checked because I immediately decided that this would be a great time to buy a Calux Gun since they are swanky, but as it turns out everybody else thought the exact same thing and the only one on the market is 15 million meseta.

To deal with this I decided to do something stupid with my +30% affix booster and managed to get Shoot III, Mizer Soul, and Panic II on my Surukurai. If that went poorly I would have probably stopped playing forever until the quarry came out.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Once the initial feeding frenzy passes, prices will come down again. People with more money than sense will buy up a shitload of 10 star weapons so they can max out all their stuff when the patch hits, but demand for 10 star trade-in weapons specifically shouldn't be all that much higher than usual, except that they're now easier to grind up if there's a 9 star trade-in or DF trade-in for that type. The only type that really get screwed in this aspect is Wired Lance, since there's only one Wired Lance trade-in total and it's 10 star.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That'll probably happen with the junk that could be burned for synthesis, but I think there is a new retarded market for those rarer weapons that are slightly stronger/look cooler than common trade-ins. Like the Calux Gun trade-in version is not a whole lot stronger than the other stone store mechguns and has no potential, but now that it can get 50 element easier and at the very least compete with them it's going to be hilariously expensive solely for aesthetic purposes.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

It's got the JA boost now, actually. All City AQ weapons got it in the same patch that gave Ruins weapons Immortal Fang.

The thing is, since you will be able to boost any 10 star weapon with another 10 star weapon of the same type, you can easily grind up element on your Berylos Gun (or whatever the translation is they're using) with 9 star trade-ins, so you'll only ever need one. They'll still cost a 10 star purchase pass, too, so that's going to keep demand down as well.

Prices for 10 star trade-ins may settle at a higher level than they were before the news hit, but they can't stay sky-high for long, people will inevitably start undercutting as supply continues to grow. Rather than an enormous price spike, what we're seeing right now is all of the cheap/normally priced ones getting snapped up. You have to keep in mind that the items you see on My Shop are ones that haven't sold, so they don't always give a realistic indication of what their actual market value is. It's more likely that 9 star trade-in prices will stay higher longer, since they don't require purchase passes.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Well that's loving great. Got an infected Haze Draal but nobody was on at that level, so I had to solo it. Nearly killed it and then I got hit by that ground spike attack and it flung me right into another ground spike.

Kiiiinda pissed right now, especially since I won't be able to play much if at all next week.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 23, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Even if you can't play, you should really make an effort to at least log in every day from 8/26-9/3, since they're giving free poo poo away with a rare drop 250% for 3 days and Triboost 100% for 5.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
re: team swag

I vote pink. Don't care what, I just want it in pink.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Red Metal posted:

re: team swag

I vote pink. Don't care what, I just want it in pink.

The truest choice.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
I'm voting for Yellow Capes.

I refuse to change my hat for anything, but I will take a cape.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
City AQ trade-ins are expensive simply because of how obscenely rare they are compared to every other pyroxene weapon in the game.
You look at the drop records where enemies that drops those weapons spawn and you'll never see much more than 20 drops of any of those items.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That new Lilipa field has some pretty great music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lLyaOj4lw

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Seems like red/blue capes are ahead in votes so far.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I vote blue of either, just so I can see them properly :negative:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

kirbysuperstar posted:

That new Lilipa field has some pretty great music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0lLyaOj4lw

I'm assuming that's the Bird-Centaur's theme instead of field music.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009
Blue Capes; I'm not giving up my pirate hat for anything.

Sid the Squid
Jul 9, 2005

Kinda saw it coming.
Blue never doesn't win!

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Ok, here's how the votes currently lay as far as I understand them:

Capes:

Blue: 7 (1)
Red: 5 (1)
Black: 2
Yellow: 2
Purple: 3
Light blue: 2
Pink: 2

Berets: 3 (including myself :smith:)

Hitlersaurus Rex holds the only red/blue flux vote, and as far as I know, Katsuma and friend's votes are being changed to blue capes. I don't think I really thought the structure of this thing through because it's just all over the place.

Basically, it looks like this is basically a red or blue choice at this point, and blue is winning if HR sticks with blue. Else it just goes back to a tie.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 24, 2013

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Ok, here's how the votes currently lay as far as I understand them:

Capes:

Blue: 6 (1)
Red: 5 (1)
Black: 3
Yellow: 2
Purple: 3
Light blue: 2
Pink: 2

Berets: 3 (including myself :smith:)

Hitlersaurus Rex holds the only red/blue flux vote, and as far as I know, Katsuma and friend's votes are being changed to blue capes. I don't think I really thought the structure of this thing through because it's just all over the place.

Basically, it looks like this is basically a red or blue choice at this point, and blue is winning if HR sticks with blue. Else it just goes back to a tie.

When red or blue win, we all win.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
If we're allowed, I'd like to switch my vote to blue cape, then. I had voted black previously, but seeing blue actually have a chance is a pleasant surprise and I'd like to profess my love for the best color.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, since I've been counting changed votes already, Dawn's changed vote for blue pushes it to winning regardless of the flux vote. So, blue capes it is!

At least, for now, and all that. Since from what I understand we do have to opportunity to change the color of it afterwards for just 2k instead of the 10k points used to initially buy it.

E: I have discovered what the two additional options are after the purchase of the team accessory. For 2k points we can completely change the accessory color and type, so the 10k cost was only one time and we can adjust it for much cheaper.

The second option that costs no points at all is a bit strange, it lets you personally preview any color or accessory type you want, and walk around the team room with it. Sadly, however, this applies to the team room only and will go away once you return elsewhere.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 24, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's nice that you can just toggle it on and off at will (now can we do that for every other accessory and body mask? Please?). If you have another item in Acc. Slot 3, it'll just swap between the two.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Awww, poo poo. Goggs, why'd you change mine and Ritsuka's votes to blue capes? Both of us preferred red. :(

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Is there a way to use normal attacks after activating weak bullet without burning up the extra rounds first?

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Nope.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Uhg. Feel free to remove me from the team. I'm not getting anywhere in game and playing it just makes me uncharacteristically angry. I think I just need to quit it for good at this point, since no amount of patching is going to fix Sega.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Man, I hate playing with idiot pubbies. Had some Ranger guy complaining about me using Other Spin instead of Addition Bullet as Hu/Fi while running AQ City. Sorry for locking down Predikahdas so they don't murder you (again), dude. And of course he was just spamming AB himself, and not actually bothering to pull out his launcher for anything.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Anyone complaining about the way anyone plays is just dumb. It's a game. People should play the way the find the most fun, regardless of how "optimal" it is.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The worst thing about multiplayer games are the players who treat other people like they're programmable bots and they should be capable of dictating all of their actions. At least it's not as bad as a squad-based FPS or DOTA or whatever.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I just got a vita for this game. Feel free to drop in if you see me playing random quests this week.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I gave buying WebMoney from Play-Asia and having the code sent to me a go. Took about three hours for the code to arrive, but it was all a smooth experience.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
If I go to buy more AC do I need to re-input the name and address on sega's website again? or was that just a one-time thing?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
First time buyers issue only. You shouldn't need to bother with that again.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Pretty sure you just need to log in to the player site, then enter the WebMoney code when it asks for it.

On a different topic, has anybody seen a Mesetan yet? Seems like they're rare even than rare bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Protocol 5 posted:

Pretty sure you just need to log in to the player site, then enter the WebMoney code when it asks for it.

On a different topic, has anybody seen a Mesetan yet? Seems like they're rare even than rare bosses.

Saw one yesterday during White Day emergency quest. After the boosts, he was dropping pieces of meseta that were like 24k.

• Locked thread